AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 17:42   Link #1101
Dahak86
Occasional Member

Just when I thought Freezing was getting better, here comes ep7 to crush my hopes.
subpar animation Freezing-style, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lord knows I have nothing against fanservice, however the fanservice in this series is more of a disservice most of the time. It's very jarring and it makes it very hard to take the fights seriously. Last week's episode was fine, but this one was utterly ridiculous.
yeah, such untasty service. I can't even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They might as well just turn the academy into a nudist school.
hahaha, this line is gold.

anyways, badass Chiffon saved the episode for me. Amazing. Even Xellos is impressed.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 17:50   Link #1102
Chemist

Quote:
anyways, badass Chiffon saved the episode for me. Amazing. Even Xellos is impressed.
And she even didn't release her weapon. Just as was expected from "Monster" Chiffon))) but fanservice... it's possible that I'll drop this title and only will read the manga...
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 18:58   Link #1103
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

If there was ever a reason for a redo of this anime. This episode displays it. Total waste of story material. There was so much potential and it fell flat. What now for the rest of the series ? One Ecchi event after the next ? Parade the gratuitous nudity and tank the story. Seems to be the direction to go.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:21   Link #1104
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
If there was ever a reason for a redo of this anime. This episode displays it. Total waste of story material. There was so much potential and it fell flat. What now for the rest of the series ? One Ecchi event after the next ? Parade the gratuitous nudity and tank the story. Seems to be the direction to go.
Agree.
They completely skipped all the explanation of what was happening and burned through the Flashback, thus removing most of the emotional impact it should have had.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:43   Link #1105
Lumir

You would think with all the powers these people have that someone would have a suit of armor or something for their power. In fact none of them have any kind of protection what-so-ever.

"Lets go into battle with crazy powers wearing nothing but flimsy cotton school uniforms so they can be torn to shreds"

Ive come to the point where the fanservice is not even a bother or really a service its just an effect of a pandora's attack now...

"Strikes your opponent removing her shirt/bra and exposing her voluptuous breast"
Old 2011-02-19, 19:49   Link #1106
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
You would think with all the powers these people have that someone would have a suit of armor or something for their power. In fact none of them have any kind of protection what-so-ever.

"Lets go into battle with crazy powers wearing nothing but flimsy cotton school uniforms so they can be torn to shreds"

Ive come to the point where the fanservice is not even a bother or really a service its just an effect of a pandora's attack now...

"Strikes your opponent removing her shirt/bra and exposing her voluptuous breast"
Yeah, in the manga the Pandora Mode is basically an armor (even if with a slightly different purpose), while in the anime it's just a fanservice device...

Old 2011-02-19, 19:51   Link #1107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As I was watching the OP, it finally clicked that Satella is the main character here, and we're following her emotional journey. The guy is just a vehicle to help her along..
You've only just clicked onto that?
Old 2011-02-19, 21:15   Link #1108
n120cky

Huh I didn't expect Chiffon is so strong, she always scared when Stella go fighting , and also does she has a limiter?
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:18   Link #1109
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No, she punched Annette's lights out personally.

But yea, they completely ruined the scene where Chiffon essentially ordered Elizabeth to back off. You should read up on this scene in manga form (you know where). Chapter 23.
Hnn, while they did blow through the fight at a good pace, arguably it lost a lot of the emotional value that it carried, along with the nuances of the manga dialogue. It's too bad, we could have had one of the most epic fights in a few years between girls if they had split this up into two episodes and concentrated on the actual fight choreography.

And what the hell, at the end of the fight:
animeSatella: *dere voice* "H-he's my partner..."
-vs-
mangaSatella: *definitely NOT a dere voice* "He's MY partner!!!(so go AWAY Rana!)"
Satella starts to become much more 'human' around Kazuya and Rana but they are making her into a pure dere machine here... >.< She doesn't have just two voice modes...

And Chiffon smacked a b**** up in this ep. XD If only they had her do the same to Elizabeth as well, verbally. But that glare she gave them was epic in its own right. XD I half expected her left eye to open EVER so slightly and hav Alita start pissing her panties like so many Mazoku have done before her father...*ahem*

You won't like her when she's angry...

Last edited by Tempest35; 2011-02-19 at 21:32.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:18   Link #1110
Dahak86
Occasional Member

don't think this has been posted already:

Spoiler for Ganessa:
Now, that looks like something to get!
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:01   Link #1111
Kuusou Naku
Sky of Connection

Kazuya n' Gannesa

I want :
Gannesa fall in love with Kazuya.
More Rana-jealous escenes
The Gannesa's Limitator die xD, Yes ... Its so Annoying
More Bridgette Moe-zilla mode
etc |^|
Kuusou Naku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 01:47   Link #1112
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I'm glad that the clothing damage is somewhat realistic... and yet at the same time, I'm displeased at how unrealistic the clothing damage is.

Why do they even bother to regenerate their clothes, when it gets torn off seconds later?!

And all those nipples... *shudder*
It's freezing.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:04   Link #1113
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As I was watching the OP, it finally clicked that Satella is the main character here, and we're following her emotional journey. The guy is just a vehicle to help her along.
You just figured this out? Hasn't it been obvious for a few episodes now?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Why do they even bother to regenerate their clothes, when it gets torn off seconds later?!
I guess they wanted to make it more special when it comes off...

But seriously they have to show every single way possible to tear someones clothes off
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:17   Link #1114
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Huh I didn't expect Chiffon is so strong, she always scared when Stella go fighting , and also does she has a limiter?
Well, she's Xellos'ing around and playing harmless as long as possible. Effectively she's very likely the strongest fighter on the entire base, including instructors and staff. Nickname "Undefeatable Smiling Monster". At the current speed we'll almost certainly reach another scene to see more of her. And yup, she's got a limiter too. She just doesn't really need him here.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:26   Link #1115
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Doesn't anyone else thought that Satella's mom was a terrible mother? She pretty much brushed aside her daughters well-being just to have a roof over their heads.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:21   Link #1116
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Yeah, in the manga the Pandora Mode is basically an armor (even if with a slightly different purpose), while in the anime it's just a fanservice device...
Really? Got any no-spoiler images from the manga? Im to lazy to find em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Doesn't anyone else thought that Satella's mom was a terrible mother? She pretty much brushed aside her daughters well-being just to have a roof over their heads.
She was afraid to die. Can cause weak people to allow terrible things. But yea she was a bad mother for allowing that kind of crap. And the actual wife of the house was even worse for letting her son turn into a freak and do freakish things. The whole family was fcked up except that daughter and satella, sad situation.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:42   Link #1117
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Really? Got any no-spoiler images from the manga? Im to lazy to find em.

Satellizer's Pandora Mode.

Old 2011-02-20, 07:16   Link #1118
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
so seven episodes passed....
i think they should changed the anime's title from Freezing the anime to an extreme case of School bully the anime....

my theory is that the Stigma planted in the Pandoras is causing brain damage to the user & is prone to having mental problems e.g. trying to freaking kill each other for no goddamn reason...
not so sure about the Limiters though....
GYROZETTER

Last edited by DRAGUN H.E.X.; 2011-02-20 at 07:31.
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 09:56   Link #1119
Stefkov

I was just shocked that an 8 year old can be like that. I know his mum said do whatever but what 8 year old thinks of molesting?

That aside this whole show has been a bit of a letdown. Sometimes it feels like the fanservice is forced when it doesn't need to be. I remember in one of the first episodes, there was a scene that was right up in someone's pants, the next scene it was zoomed out and you could still see the pants. It really didn't need the super up close shot, it was fine with the zoomed out bit because it fit.

That aside, Marina Inoue's character coming in and being badass made me a little giddy. I love her voice and to see her character being like that, I love it.

It seems this is only 12 episodes, I think I'll read the manga when it finishes. That picture above looks awesome.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 16:49   Link #1120
Elestia

It really isn't that surprising for extremely wealthy individuals to be obsessed with some depraved hobbies. It's a common staple told in a lot of stories in both west and eastern cultures.

This arc was probably one of my favorite chapters in the manga, where it highlighted Satellizer's unyielding iron will to not bow down to anyone. The anime version was "enjoyable" to a point, but the emotional build up in revealing her past was underwhelming to watch. If you watch the later arcs, you get to see how much willpower Bridgette has in her determination to keep standing despite her horrible injuries.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen