AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-29, 14:12   Link #41
herculan

Great chapter!! and if you don't think that jiraiya taught naruto enough, then you think naruto is a failure.. Because EVERYTHING naruto learned within 450 out of 500 chapters was from jiraiya.. naruto learned kage bunshin the first eps and only in the latest 50 episodes has naruto learned anything new.. Everything in between: Deflecting genjutsu, chakra control, water walking, summoning, THAT jutsu, kyuubi control, rasengan was all jiraiya.. Naruto simply doesnt have many attacks.. He only really has summoning, rasengan and kagebunshin..
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:15   Link #42
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I imagine since Kishi almost killed SakuraxNaruto with the possibly shittiest confession this side of the galaxy, he got pressured to give it some fuel to keep the fire burning. And that it did.

It's gonna burn alright... It's going to flame.
Yeah. The translation I just read through is bound to respark a few heated debates somewhere out there on the interwebs. *sits back and waits*
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:18   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fantastic chapter. I'm very pleased with this flashback, it was well written and touching. I hadn't seen something that good in Naruto in years. I can only hope Kishimoto will keep this up...
Old 2010-07-29, 14:21   Link #44
KidKoolAid

It was a very touching chapter. I still don't fully understand why Minato had to go the way of the death seal, but it made for a nice flashback....now onto the war.
Old 2010-07-29, 14:34   Link #45
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid View Post
It was a very touching chapter. I still don't fully understand why Minato had to go the way of the death seal, but it made for a nice flashback....now onto the war.
probably because as a baby, naruto would not be able to contain all of kyuubi and he would have either died from kyuubi bursting out or...kyuubi bursting out and killing him.

I still think that compared to sakura and sasuke, naruto learned very little from those 3 years of spending time with jiraiya. I mean, why didn't jiraiya bring him to mt myobokuzan to learn sage mode? or the elemental system of ninjutsu?

"Consider a spherical cow..."
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:37   Link #46
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...

Wow, talking is one hell of a free action in this chapter. I still liked it nonetheless. It was corny but it was very sweet.
Old 2010-07-29, 14:54   Link #47
Dobby

My god, this chapter destroyed me while I was at work LOL.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:57   Link #48
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

So I wasn't imagining things when I thought the Kyuubi looked smaller when Naruto released the seal, shiki fuujin physically shrunk him.

It was a satisfying end to the flashback. Particularly Kushina throwing herself in front of the Kyuubi's attack like that. Looking forward to the upcoming chapters to be lead-ins into the actual war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
Wow, talking is one hell of a free action in this chapter.
Yeah, Minato even sorta points it out.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:59   Link #49
Lunarskylar

so from the implications of this chapters, minato actually used two seals. The dead demon seal that sealed half kyuubi's chakra in him, and the eight trigram seal, which is a seperate seal to seal the remander chakra in naruto

I think this supports my earlier theory that it wouldnt have been smart for minato to seal all the -kyuubi's- chakra in a newborn, especially since this baby doesn't have his mother's natural kyuubi suppresant.

Minato had to weaken the kyuubi enough so he could give it to naruto, which may have only been possible with the dead demon seal, which has already been shown to be capable of sealing partial chakra's, like oro's arms. And even if there are other seals thats can seal parts of chakra, i don't think minato would be selfish enough to keep his own life at the risk someone gaining control over the other half of the kyuubi's chakra (hell look at the trouble sora's dad is about to cause just by collecting the leftover chakra in the atmosphere from the kyuubi)

Then he used the eight trigram, which according to bee is a very strong seal. So i think that minato did have an arsenal of sealing techniques that could seal the kyuubi and not kill him, so the eddy did pass down useful seals after all
Old 2010-07-29, 15:01   Link #50
madv2c
Deafmute

Looking at how much the Fox shrunk in relation to the paw print, i would say Naruto only has about 1/3 of the Fox's chakra, not 1/2.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 15:25   Link #51
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Or maybe the half he sealed was the physical half, while the spiritual half was given to Naruto.
Old 2010-07-29, 15:34   Link #52
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Best arc of the manga thus far, another great chapter.

Hmm, multiple sources do say 50% was sealed in Naruto... I can only imagine a full powered Kyuubi/Naruto running around.

Still, they trapped the 8-tails in a jar!

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 15:45   Link #53
james0246

Okay chapter. Didn't like the flashback, didn't like that Mianto and Kushina were in his belly, and didn't like how Naruto "mastered" the Kyuubi, but its all over now, and hopefully we can get back into the 'present-day' story again. They'll be a break after next weeks chapter, so here's hoping we get a real good cliffhanger next week (maybe a brief glimpse fo Madara's plans...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 16:06   Link #54
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I loved this chapter. In a rare, masterfully executed chapter, Kishimoto actually managed to showcase real human emotion and the old saying "strength of a family, strength of an army". Nothing more to say except this was wonderful, and as sad as I am to see Kushina dead, this was great regardless. I hope we see Naruto's final maturation following this.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:13   Link #55
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Was I the only one that didn't really like this chapter? It just seemed like Kishi giving a BS excuse for why Minato and Kushina wasn't there for Naruto. Minato came up with the stupidest reason to use the dead demon seal "Instead of being there for Naruto most of his life I'm going to sacrifice my life so you can have 5 more minutes". Is basically the logic behind the excuse Minato gave.

IMO it was retarded, it would've gone better for me if Kushina wasn't able to help at all and was just lying there, then there would've been more of a reason for Minato to use Shiki-fuujin.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 16:15   Link #56
Nite-Wing

I still want to know what was Itachi and sasuke's purpose of being in this flashback other than fan bait. We find out that sasuke and Itachi's parents weren't home when the kyubi attacked and I'm pretty sure we didn't see them protecting the village(unless we really did).

No point for them to really be shown imo
This chapter was a bit sappy for my liking but whatever on to serious things again.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:25   Link #57
Ulquiorra
Espada

^Their purpose was really only to show that the Uchiha adults were at some meeting. Which along with Madara's invovlement, led to the suspicions against the Uchiha for the Kyuubi attack.

So can I take "weird one" to be a shot at Hinata? Not that Naruto did anything his mother said to him anyway. So might as well go for the weird one.. To be fair, the kind and Naruto loving Kushina is more like Hinata anyway. But damn if Kushina doesn't look like a grown Sakura. They have the same exact eyes. Kishi be trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Was I the only one that didn't really like this chapter?
I liked it because it's over and we can finally move on to the war.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:31   Link #58
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
If that's not a troll for shippers, I don't know what is. What kind of mom says that to her son as she lies, dying? Is that really the first thing that crosses your mind? "Get yourself a girl that's just like me"?

I imagine since Kishi almost killed SakuraxNaruto with the possibly shittiest confession this side of the galaxy, he got pressured to give it some fuel to keep the fire burning. And that it did.

It's gonna burn alright... It's going to flame.
I seriously don't get from where people got that NaruSaku was ruined by that fake confession
So what if he got a bit mad and told her to wake up and stop lying? Like if normal couples in real life don't argue. If small argument was the end of it all and feelings, there would be no families.

So yeh, I never saw how that confession had ruined everything and now Kishi had only incresed the NaruSaku flames. As far as I remember Naruto had fullifiled everything that was told him so far...

So yeh, NaruHina fans are probably boiling from anger

I've told you that confession alone did not make NaruHina 100% official and I was right

But I'm confused about one things... did Minato really had to use that seal? I kinda found his reasons to be stupid unless I didn't understand them fully.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:51   Link #59
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I seriously don't get from where people got that NaruSaku was ruined by that fake confession
So what if he got a bit mad and told her to wake up and stop lying? Like if normal couples in real life don't argue. If small argument was the end of it all and feelings, there would be no families.

So yeh, I never saw how that confession had ruined everything and now Kishi had only incresed the NaruSaku flames. As far as I remember Naruto had fullifiled everything that was told him so far...

So yeh, NaruHina fans are probably boiling from anger

I've told you that confession alone did not make NaruHina 100% official and I was right

But I'm confused about one things... did Minato really had to use that seal? I kinda found his reasons to be stupid unless I didn't understand them fully.
There were a multitude of reasons. He had to seal the Kyuubi but no other methods were fool proof. Without sealing it, it would destroy Konoha, which was why he went on about him wanting Naruto to live safe in the vilage.

The only fool proof way was the combo.

About the Sakura confession destroying NaruSaku: it was less about the argument, and more about the fact Sakura is still deeply in love with Sasuke.

At this moment her saying she suddenly loves Naruto (and meaning it) would basically be going back on what three or four separate people have said and what Sakura's own actions have shown.

He hasn't done everything Kushina said, not really. Sure some things, yeah. But most either not at all, only recently, or not quite as intended.
Old 2010-07-29, 17:03   Link #60
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
At this moment her saying she suddenly loves Naruto (and meaning it) would basically be going back on what three or four separate people have said and what Sakura's own actions have shown.
Wasn't Yamato about to say Sakura was in love with Naruto back in chapter 297? Eh, she probably loves them both. I mean her dream is to have Team 7 back as a unit.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion