AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-28, 03:51   Link #1
Usui

Really good Romance Anime

Over the years I`ve come across some very excellent anime that really touched me.
Now im not looking for the next new Naruto or the next crazy hair color that`s out of this world. No, im looking for an anime that tells a strong heartwarming story, realism and plenty of romance. I want something that is dramatic but gentle like 5 cm per second. Or like Kare Kano that has some comedy but mainly a great cunning love story with great music and really awesome storytelling. An anime like GTO that has the sense really getting in touch with the characters. Mainly something like Makoto Shinkai`s movies and anime`s that keep you wanting to know what`s going to happen next. Nothing dark but light, simple and playful. Anime`s that I watched are Kare Kano, GTO, Makoto Shinkai`s works, Bokura Ga Ita, Clannad, Toradora, Kimi Kiss and my latest Kaichou wa Maid sama. If this could help in anyway. Thanks in advance

Old 2010-07-28, 07:14   Link #2
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

I would have to recommend Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

I also recommend Cross Game.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-07-28 at 07:55.
Old 2010-07-28, 07:37   Link #3
zette

If you liked Clannad then the obvious suggestions of Air and Kanon should appeal to you. All three are stories by Key that are animated by Kyoto Animation (of course here referring to the 2006 remake of Kanon, but you can watch Toei's version made in 2002 too if you want).

Kimi ni Todoke is also an excellent romance series and one of my absolute favorites.

I'm not sure if Chobits would be your cup of tea since it doesn't tell the story of love between a boy and a girl (which seems to be what you're looking for), but it is nevertheless a heartwarming story which some interesting questions about love and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Old 2010-07-28, 07:48   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I would have to recommend Summer Wars
There's really not that much romance in it though. Just saying.

& the OP mentioned that he/she has already seen Toradora.

I'll second Kimi ni Todoke, and will also recommend Lovely Complex & Itazura na Kiss. There's also the outstanding Honey and Clover.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:12   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Kimi Ni Todoke

Cross Game

Masion Ikkoku

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-07-28, 10:35   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thirding Cross Game. Dramatic but gentle? Yeah, pretty close. Incredibly subtle and beautiful storytelling.

True Tears would be my other rec. More of a traditional romance series than CG, but a great one. No wasted time here - just 13 episodes of intense character development and romantic tension, leavened with humor. One of the best soundtracks ever, as well, and fabulous animation.
Old 2010-07-28, 17:10   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
High School Debut
Fushigi Yuugi
Wild Act
Sensual Phrase
Happy Hustle High
Paradise Kiss
Ayashi no Ceres
Akuma De Sourou
Sand Chronicles
Peach Girl
Sailor Moon
Kaikan Phrase
Land of the Blindfolded
Akuma De Sourou
Marmalade Boy
Missile Happy!
Absolute Boyfriend

Fushigi Yugi and Ceres Celestial Legend manga are much better than the anime versions.

Amazing romance manga and anime. Their are great couples that are dating and in serious relationships during the series.

Mars is an epic romance manga. It's realistic, poignant, deep, mature, serious.

The Devil Does Exist is an amazing, realistic romance manga.

Fushigi Yugi is a sweet romance/fantasy.

Ceres Celestial Legend is a mature romance manga. There is a lot of sex, kissing, making out, a pregnancy, very dark, serious, deep.

Sailor Moon is an epic romance manga with the greatest love story.

Wild Act is a great romance manga. The couple is dating and in a mature sexual relationship. Very romantic and sweet.

High School Debut The main couple is dating and in a serious relationship the whole series. Sweet romance/comedy.

Happy Hustle High Sweet romance manga, the couple is dating the entire series in a sweet relationship.

Kare First Love Great romance manga, the couple is in a serious relationship.

Sensual Phrase I can relate to this series because my boyfriend is in a band and the story reminds me of me and my boyfriend.

Peach Girl Realistic romance/drama.

Sand Chronicles Touching romance/drama manga.

Paradise Kiss Great romance/drama.

Mars and The Devil Does Exist are amazing romance manga. The couples are so realistic, easy to relate to. The series are touching, epic, romantic, deep, mature. The relationships are deep, the couples are together the whole series. Drama, romance, maturity, realistic.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2011-05-12 at 17:00.
Old 2010-11-14, 03:07   Link #8
LifeInAnime

Post My List

There are boatloads of really good animes out there. It just takes a while to fins them. I recommend everything listed below:
  1. Ouran High School Host Club
  2. Summer Wars
  3. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  4. Spirited Away
  5. Princess Mononoke
  6. The Grave Of The Fireflies
  7. Fushigi Yuugi
  8. Cross Game
  9. Lovely Complex
  10. Tales Of Symphonia
  11. D.N. Angel
  12. Nausicaa: Valley Of The Wind
  13. Laputa: Castle In The Sky
  14. Howl's Moving Castle
  15. Ponyo On a Cliff By The Sea (seems cheezy, I know, but come on, it's Hayao Miyazaki. There's no going wrong.)
  16. On Your Mark (Actually a short music film about five minutes. It's kinda nice to watch, with no real romance, but just look it up on YouTube. It's only about five minutes long.)
  17. Whisper Of The Heart
  18. The Cat Returns
  19. Tales From Earthsea
  20. Like The Clouds, Like The Wind
  21. Ocean Waves (Also known as I Can Hear The Sea.)
  22. Kiki's Delivery Service (I grew up with this one, so it's special.)
  23. Ef- A Tale Of Memories (A must. It's the one of the most amazing stories ever told, and it really resonates with you. Don't be lazy and ignore it as just another suggestion. Go and look it up at least. Once you see it, there's no going back to the nonsense anime like Lucky Star.)

Hope you like these suggestions (and that one command a=towards the end of the list). Do whatever you want with the list...as long as you watch Ef. Not to be pushy or anything.
Old 2010-11-14, 11:39   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Cross Game, Lovely Complex and Kimi ni Todoke must be watched, preferably in that order
Old 2010-11-14, 13:53   Link #10
MamoruUsagi

Romance/drama

Mars

The Devil Does Exist

Paradise Kiss

Kare First Love

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Sand Chronicles

Akuma De Sourou

Sailor Moon

Wild Act

B.O.D.Y.

Peach Girl

High School Debut

Happy Hustle High

Fushigi Yugi

Ultra Cute

Absolute Boyfriend

Ceres Celestial Legend

Missile Happy!

Black Bird

Mars is an amazing, realistic, deep romance/drama. Very mature and touching.

The Devil Does Exist is a very touching, realistic romance.

Kare First Love has a dating couple in a relationship.

Wild Act is an amazing romance, lots of kissing and has such an amazing, romantic relationship.

Fushigi Yugi is an amazing, touching, epic romance.

Ceres Celestial Legend is a hot, steamy romance.

Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres manga are much better than the anime.

High School Debut is sweet and touching.

Akuma De Sourou is so realistic and touching.

Happy Hustle High is sweet.
Old 2010-11-15, 04:37   Link #11
GreatTeacherKen

Honey and Clover- an excellent and realistic romance series set in college. It's not really dark, but the series can quite angsty and bittersweet in tone. However, at the same time it can be very funny especially the scenes featuring Morita.

Nodame Cantabile- more light-hearted and humorous compared to Honey and Clover and the odd romance between the goofy Nodame and the serious male tsundere Chiaki is endearing and sweet. The live action drama (which actually predates the anime) is also very good especially the concert scenes which are better than the ones in the anime.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:11   Link #12
Arya

I surely second True tear and I'll add Nana, in my opinion they really stand out. With the former you have more romance/drama and less comedy, with the latter more romance, friendship bounds and comedy. It is 4 times longer than TT, but it's worth it. Then I would suggest Peach Girl and Aishiteruze baby. This last one is not a full romance, but heartwarming IMO, you can give it a try. Ah, skip beat could be another one.
I usually recomend Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, but I guess it doesn't fit your criteria here.
Old 2010-11-18, 15:12   Link #13
pbys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi View Post
Romance/drama

Mars

The Devil Does Exist

Paradise Kiss

Kare First Love

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Sand Chronicles

Akuma De Sourou

Sailor Moon

Wild Act

B.O.D.Y.

Peach Girl

High School Debut

Happy Hustle High

Fushigi Yugi

Ultra Cute

Absolute Boyfriend

Ceres Celestial Legend

Missile Happy!

Black Bird

Mars is an amazing, realistic, deep romance/drama. Very mature and touching.

The Devil Does Exist is a very touching, realistic romance.

Kare First Love has a dating couple in a relationship.

Wild Act is an amazing romance, lots of kissing and has such an amazing, romantic relationship.

Fushigi Yugi is an amazing, touching, epic romance.

Ceres Celestial Legend is a hot, steamy romance.

Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres manga are much better than the anime.

High School Debut is sweet and touching.

Akuma De Sourou is so realistic and touching.

Happy Hustle High is sweet.
Perfect listing. Some of these I have not seen in a very long time. Fushigi Yugi is one of my historical favorites. So romantic, wandering down memory lane.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime