AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-30, 13:56   Link #61
ThaGuy
Go Baby Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I have seen all the related artwork, and it hasn't helped me any in understanding why people keep raving about the hair Not like it is bad looking or anything, but it doesn't look like the next religion either .... ah well, to each his own as they say.

Meanwhile, a freebie:
I'll be yoinking that hair.
Old 2010-07-30, 14:10   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I definitely think it's cute especially in the context of her personality, but it's sort of become a meme that exceeds its own significance (well, I guess all memes are like that). I guess it's partly just because the hairstyle is so unusual in anime; it's not a moe trait that people get to rave about all that often, I suppose.
It's not really a meme in my eyes. I adore sexy messy hair, and that's what Kaoru delivers. End of story.
Old 2010-07-30, 14:55   Link #63
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have seen all the related artwork, and it hasn't helped me any in understanding why people keep raving about the hair Not like it is bad looking or anything, but it doesn't look like the next religion either .... ah well, to each his own as they say.
I'll just say that the hair style is not common on many anime girls I have seen. That's a reason why. I would guess but for me that is the reason. Heck I wished Sawako in Kimi ni Todoke had a style like that sometimes.
Quote:
Meanwhile, a freebie:
Oh nice! I did not even know it was possible to make.....should I call you my third GIF brother? Just kidding but nicely made. I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Yeah, I can only pronounce "kita kara kita kani guratan" very easily, but the second tongue-twister gets me. It's a little more difficult to pronounce and I often stumble at enokidake. XD

Obviously, Kaoru pronounces it better than me.
Yeah I have the same problem as you with the enokidake part.
Old 2010-07-30, 15:00   Link #64
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

OK. First Draft Here I Go.

GAHH. I was ready to post this 8 hours ago but I had to sleep. These are my first impressions upon watching the second time. SUB FORUM GET

Wow. Nice entrance. She knows exactly whats going on and she just cares enough to say " Hey , I'm gonna cheer you up. ". Thats awesome and I really like that. I think people are going to love this alot more since theres no puppy love and they know each other. Now I heard stuff about the ear biting :P I don't see the first time as being any sort of strange. Its obvious those 2 of just clicked over the past 3 years and ear biting is just a perk. Seeing as he always teases her about the 2nd ear I love their role playing

Onto the Right hook. I don't see any jealousy in that as much as I just see a response you would expect from anyone if you were in the same situation. I think Kaoru knew he could dodge that one , if you look at the words right. This point is up for interpretation naturally. KAORU PAWCHHHH. Just awesome. Gotta use that GIF as an avatar or something.

Also infirmary scene, Yeah. Another point it just says she cares. If you don't remember she suggested he go to the infirmary twice in the Haruka arc. Nothing out of the normal. But I did want to see him get just brutally punched a second time in the infirmary bed. :P:P Also the fact that you know. SHE was the person to put him in the infirmary = Naturally worried. First time I saw it I thought there wasn't really substance for her NOT to care as much as she did. And I still think that the 2nd time. I lol'd when she left the curtain and then appeared 5 seconds later !! Favorite infirmary part. But I understand considering how they have to move the arc along fast.

Can someone explain the Warhead of Kibitou thing to me please ?
Also the part where she says " Well then , Take Care ". I'm watching subs and I think there was more behind those words that that right ?

Not much I can say about his imagination running wild. Other than I like it Did we get a timeskip glimpse ? I don't know how much I like it. Hibiki and Haruka ftw. If you wanna go back that far it tells you that no matter what Haruka didn't get enough sleep. Junichi had nothing to do with that.

Oh hey look. Its Klutz!! Lovable lovable klutz. lol she forgot what she was there for. lol @ the dramatic buildup then BAM. Also at Kaoru she's like. Stop understanding each other !!! IT ANNOYS ME !!!
Someone else can prowl over confession help stuff but I don't want to do it right now.

I like that them walking together is just no big deal. I think Junichi is going to react just fine to this. I liked the talk about her jobs. Just general friend talk Whats so fun about a job ? You get money. I was like wow Kaoru I thought you were deeper than that. Good thing they elaborated. Ohhhh Sae and Miya xP we shall see way to much Miya starting in a month. Guess Miya is shallow enough that she can't take a hint :P Good thing too. Would've ruined the moment.

Its cool that he can just think he can say. " I thought you were going to confess to me back then. " We get more wonderful Kaoru insight which just makes her seem exponentially deeper than Haruka. Also Junichi is a fail pervert :P I am a thigh person myself too :P Its so nice seeing her get some mental air time. Jeez it would've been so hard for her to go back out there and give him some more coffee. Finger up in air jk we already went over this before.

Honestly I love this ED ALOT more I mean a ton. The first pause in the music just gets me. I love stuff like that. Really they couldn't have done a better job with it. Just awesome ED. Also apparently my fansub cuts off by a frame. Can someone supply me with the screenshot for it ? I think the only thing deep in the previews this time was the looks of something like Episode 3 coming back

9.5 - 10 /10 Just a miraculous episode. Sorry my my excessive smily usage. I wrote this the second time I watched it and I am not looking it over.
Old 2010-07-30, 15:18   Link #65
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Can someone explain the Warhead of Kibitou thing to me please ?
Probably her nickname while younger. Kibitou has to be the name of one of the schools she's been to.
They're currently at second year of high school, so yeah .. her "aggresive" reputation must've been built through the end of middle school (or before they met each other, three years ago)

By the way, did anyone notice in the infirmary scene, Junichi doesn't have his coat and tie on .. he was sexually undressed by someone, I wonder whom.

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-07-30 at 17:19.
Old 2010-07-30, 17:41   Link #66
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Probably her nickname while younger. Kibitou has to be the name of one of the schools she's been to.
They're currently at second year of high school, so yeah .. her "aggresive" reputation must've been built through the end of middle school (or before they met each other, three years ago)

By the way, did anyone notice in the infirmary scene, Junichi doesn't have his coat and tie on .. he was sexually undressed by someone, I wonder whom.
The nurse ?
Old 2010-07-30, 17:51   Link #67
ueXia

Quote:
The nurse ?
-Ni shi shi shi .. naive one
Old 2010-07-30, 18:26   Link #68
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Whether or not this arc can separate itself from the multitudes of other childhood romances remains to be seen, but at least from the first episode, its doing a pretty good job.
Agreed. While I'm normally wary of osananajimi pairings, mess hair's story had a pretty good hook to it. What this arc lacks in novelty it definitely seems to compensate in polish.

Then again, Haruka's story took a couple of episodes before the quirks of the pairing started to show, so there's plenty of room for me to be surprised in this arc too.

The one character who consistently seems to throw me off is Junichi. His wry admission that he was expecting Kaoru to confess to him stands out in particular. I couldn't quite tell whether he was abashed or disappointed, or why he revealed that feeling to her. If you mistakenly think someone is into you, wouldn't you ordinarily want to keep that to yourself? Out of embarrassment, if nothing else.

Quote:
I, too, am utterly confounded by this. Albert Einstein is no doubt a very sexy man, but the hair? Not so much.

Memes rely on repetition, though, so I suppose it's somewhat unsurprising in that regard.
Old 2010-07-30, 18:28   Link #69
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I was smiling the entire episode. Was it the hair, her charm, or was it........I like her?!
Old 2010-07-30, 18:35   Link #70
Xacual

How does this count as a childhood friend pairing, they've only known each other since middle school.

I really liked the first episode of this arc and hopefully judging by everyone's hype for Kaoru I hope that it continues to be good. Favorite part was Junichi delusions and then being crushed to see two girls and then sulking.
Old 2010-07-30, 19:13   Link #71
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
What this arc lacks in novelty it definitely seems to compensate in polish.

Then again, Haruka's story took a couple of episodes before the quirks of the pairing started to show, so there's plenty of room for me to be surprised in this arc too.

The one character who consistently seems to throw me off is Junichi. His wry admission that he was expecting Kaoru to confess to him stands out in particular. I couldn't quite tell whether he was abashed or disappointed, or why he revealed that feeling to her. If you mistakenly think someone is into you, wouldn't you ordinarily want to keep that to yourself? Out of embarrassment, if nothing else.
Thats the word I've been looking for. Polish. This has so much polish in it.
Im sure we will have a constant stream of surprises.
Also, I'm pretty sure he thought about that. He was just being abashed. There is a point when you can say stuff like that. Sort of like " Heh , you know earlier today I thought you were going to ask me out. " Something like that. I'm sure if that was said. It would drag up some sort of feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
How does this count as a childhood friend pairing, they've only known each other since middle school.

I really liked the first episode of this arc and hopefully judging by everyone's hype for Kaoru I hope that it continues to be good. Favorite part was Junichi delusions and then being crushed to see two girls and then sulking.
I kinda think we were all mistaken. Rihoko is the childhood friend. Kaoru is the Middle School friend. I know the general agreement was what you thought. I thought the same.
Old 2010-07-30, 19:37   Link #72
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't think that the phrase needs to be taken literally. The relationship dynamic plays out in a similar way irrespective of whether the characters meet at age two or age twelve, as the audience is almost always introduced to the relationship midway through.

It's good setup in the sense that the stories come across at heartwarming (at least they do when they're still a novelty to the viewer) and the relationship starts out on a strong footing from the outset. That being said, there's always the risk that the writers simply introduced the "not quite friends, not quite lovers" card out of laziness and plan on simply faffing about a bit until the final confession scene. So I've always viewed this sort of setup with a certain degree of... wariness.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy myself this time around, of course.

That was the sentiment that I tried to capture in my use of "osananajimi", but if you want to go ahead and give it another label, be my guest.
Old 2010-07-30, 20:05   Link #73
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This was pretty good. There were some parts that were iffy. Like him trying to see under her skit when she is standing right in front him. But Kaoru sure was cute and that's what matters, right?
Old 2010-07-30, 20:07   Link #74
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
I was smiling the entire episode. Was it the hair, her charm, or was it........I like her?!
I can't really add anything onto this, exactly the same.
Old 2010-07-30, 20:12   Link #75
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This was pretty good. There were some parts that were iffy. Like him trying to see under her skit when she is standing right in front him. But Kaoru sure was cute and that's what matters, right?
Nahh.. he was just admiring the Zettai Ryouiki (sp?)
There's no need for a pantsu view when you have that costume in from of you
Old 2010-07-30, 22:23   Link #76
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
So....

After having seen the hilarious episode 04 of Seitokai Yakuindomo, tell me I'm not the only one to see this scene in Amagami ep5 in the same way as Yakuindomo's

Er yeah, Kaoru arc start. I like it. To say I like it is an understatement though. So let me use the "picture is worth a thousand words" saying:

HD Version here due to PB's limits

Seriously, it's no surprise I'm a fan of that hair, but I see things differently than most. See, I believe that that hair just can't be drawn the same way everytime at every angle possible, and this scene showed me just how much I like the properties resulting from that hair

What a nice wife, waking him up :P
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2010-07-31, 00:28   Link #77
Somnus
Eh?

Meant to post this yesterday, but oh well.

Onto the ep, I've watched it multiple times already. Freaking incredible. Their interaction is so natural, like...HONESTLY natural of two people who are close. Not to mention I fell in love with Kaoru within the first 5 minutes. Kudos to her right off the bat too, catching on right away and NOT adding salt to the wound by talking about it.

Keep this up and it'll be 3 more episodes of heaven for sure. Not to mention an arc that will potentially destroy 80% of the shows which had full seasons to try.
Old 2010-07-31, 00:31   Link #78
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So....
Spoiler for space:

After having seen the hilarious episode 04 of Seitokai Yakuindomo, tell me I'm not the only one to see this scene in Amagami ep5 in the same way as Yakuindomo's

Er yeah, Kaoru arc start. I like it. To say I like it is an understatement though. So let me use the "picture is worth a thousand words" saying:
Spoiler for space:

Seriously, it's no surprise I'm a fan of that hair, but I see things differently than most. See, I believe that that hair just can't be drawn the same way everytime at every angle possible, and this scene showed me just how much I like the properties resulting from that hair
  1. Im pretty sure we both saw that GIF differently. Judging by the file name :P
  2. Well can we assume that her hair draped down from the back of her head to the front ? And that It was all pushed down by this anime's abnormally strong perception of gravity ?
Old 2010-07-31, 01:13   Link #79
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
  • Im pretty sure we both saw that GIF differently. Judging by the file name :P
Hey, that filename was a joke, a regular part of my routines (I don't think there's anyone else out there who'd name his download folder "Incoming Take Cover")

Quote:
  • Well can we assume that her hair draped down from the back of her head to the front ? And that It was all pushed down by this anime's abnormally strong perception of gravity ?
What I meant to say(bite me), was that the combination of angle, her head tilting down, gravity, .... it's so sensuously refreshing those combined showed just how frazzled her hair is, and that it actually has a heck of a lot more than normally seen

That'll be my favorite pic of her for a very long time

What a nice wife, waking him up :P
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2010-07-31, 03:04   Link #80
coolasj19

Oh sexhair
Did anyone notice that she's not as tomboy-ish as everyone thought ? I certainly at no point thought " Jeez , what a tomboy. " or " wow. manish " :P:P
She is more of just a friend that likes hitting other friends. I have a friend JUST like that.
Closed Thread