AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 03:36   Link #421
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I don't think this is legit in this case. People simply have too much time on their hands if they managed to discuss granny for the last seven pages.
If a character managed to spawn 7 pages of said discussion, it must have been intruiging enough to have that level of discussion.
Old 2011-04-07, 05:02   Link #422
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
If a character managed to spawn 7 pages of said discussion, it must have been intruiging enough to have that level of discussion.
It's not really. The whole scene felt cliche to the point it gave the story that whole soap opera factor that we've seen a million times in live-action television, as discussed earlier.
Old 2011-04-07, 06:02   Link #423
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
It's not really. The whole scene felt cliche to the point it gave the story that whole soap opera factor that we've seen a million times in live-action television, as discussed earlier.
Kind of not fair to compare entertainment mediums. Considering entertainment these days are derivatives or slight developments from past entertainment series, if we are to compare across entertainment mediums then nothing would be new. However, we haven't had much "soap opera" style slice of life in anime before, which is why it's refreshing for me at least. And I'm sure a lot of people don't know or are aware of what asian soaps are like. I'm pretty sure a lot of Western viewers aren't. You can tell by the amount of immediate negative reaction at the grandmother. At the very least it's refreshing compared to these moe slice of life/comedies that cater towards otaku tropes or fetishes.

Also, not meaning to be rude but are you trying to troll? This is what you posted earlier in this thread:

Quote:
This show is awesome and I can't stress that in a better way. Not sure how well it'll click with NEETs though because of its theme; it's certainly a double-edged blade in that regard. Other than that, has anyone figured out where Kissuisui or Yunosagi are located? The kanji on the train station's platters weren't of any help, but I'm guessing it's located somewhere in Ishikawa as that's what promotion for this series was saying before it aired. Perhaps Toyama?

EDIT: Ohana definitely reminds me of my younger sister, at least from the way she acted before the bitchslap fest.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-04-07 at 06:26.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 08:22   Link #424
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Am I the only one who REALLY likes the way the faces of the older girls are drawn? Something about the lips, especially when they get mischievous.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 09:42   Link #425
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Hana-Saku Iroha has the makings of a solid series, not popular yet flawed ones, but solid.
They managed to present the story quite well, at a patient pace, interested to see how the coming episodes fare.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 13:01   Link #426
JediNight
キズランダム

Ishikawa prefecture eh? I was actually there for a few days this summer during my trip to Japan. I was in Kanazawa, and then I spent an afternoon at the beach in Uchinada, which is like a 20min trip down a tiny local line. (Train leaves Kanazawa station only like every 40mins to go down that line...)

That's kinda funny because when I saw her get off the train at the Yunosagi sign or w/e, I commented to my friends that I had been at train stops just like that when at Kanazawa. It was a 1960s era single car train retrofitted with an A/C unit next to the original venting fans in the ceiling. The conductor took the tickets and ran the train alone. Then half the stops along the way were nothing more than 1-2 benches along with the sign for what stop it was...

Which was a big difference from transferring through Shinjuku station in Tokyo a few days earlier which is like 4x4 city blocks underground in size...

The local line heading to the ocean from Kanazawa, and scenery in the area. Unfortunately I didn't take an actual picture of one of the small stops like I thought I did.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z.../kanazawa1.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z.../kanazawa2.jpg

Last edited by JediNight; 2011-04-07 at 15:07.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:04   Link #427
cyth
ふひひ

@JediNight, you were in the right prefecture all right, but the train stop from episode one is located NW of Kanazawa. It's a small train station called Nishigishi on the Noto railroad line, NE of Nanao city. Here's a nice comparison.

The earlier inn/onsen info I gave about it being situated near Kanazawa is apparently inaccurate, according to the updated earlier source.
Old 2011-04-07, 21:18   Link #428
DorkingtonPugsly

I agree with the fact that it's not a regular anime. Or a cliche one. But it's not like super amazingness that stands out a ton. But I really liked this episode and when I saw that it was gonna be a 26 episode series I was overjoyed. The animation is definitely top notch and fantastic. Visually pleasing I must say. The pace was good and I hope to see more of Ko. Anyways this is definitely one of the spring animes I will follow.
Old 2011-04-07, 21:25   Link #429
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I wouldn't say that it's not free of clichés (which is not necessarily a bad thing), but it's definitely worth it, thus far... that is one episode
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:44   Link #430
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

I actually was a bit glad seeing Minko being slapped (so grandma is offed the hook). I thought it will be an event for Ohana and Minko solve out their difference...

But then Minko just turn all emo and I'm kinda hate her now (hopefully just for now because i actually like her stereotype). And i may see too much into it, but Minko may actually like that young cook guy. And if it's really so, then I will really hate her if she turned all bitchy because Ohana talk back to the guy she like.

Try your best Ohana....
Old 2011-04-08, 03:41   Link #431
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
And i may see too much into it, but Minko may actually like that young cook guy.
That's kinda what I figured aswell actually but instead of hating her more I actually sympathised with her a bit. If they hadn't shown that I probably wouldn't have liked her at all.
Old 2011-04-08, 12:08   Link #432
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like it. The show has good style so far.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:44   Link #433
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
This title somewhat reminds me of Someday's Dreamers and the way it presented a coming of age tale. But this certainly won't be the drift between light-hearted and the limitations reality impose that Yume went through in that tale. Ohana looks destined for a much rougher ride and that she's going to have to ride this one out solo, or until she's earnt the respect of others. I'll be interested to see whether this will be a 'I persevered despite you pricks and I'll be better for it' tale or 'There's more than one side to the coin; it's never too early or late to change' kind of tale. Ohana certainly has a spunky, poetic, ambitious personality but is so oblivious to the ways and feelings of others it's almost painful. It'll be intriguing to see how a girl who has lived without restraint and dares to dream will handle one very harsh reality check. This isn't the kind of series I'd expect P.A. Works to take on...Hmmm, this could be a serious contender if it keeps itself on track. Definitely one of the better things I've seen thus far this season. But that ED theme really ticked me off...that singer's tonality is so grating/aneurysm-invoking.

I'll be with this one for the long haul. But I'll be reserving my true judgement for quite some time.
Old 2011-04-08, 14:36   Link #434
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I actually was a bit glad seeing Minko being slapped (so grandma is offed the hook). I thought it will be an event for Ohana and Minko solve out their difference...

But then Minko just turn all emo and I'm kinda hate her now (hopefully just for now because i actually like her stereotype). And i may see too much into it, but Minko may actually like that young cook guy. And if it's really so, then I will really hate her if she turned all bitchy because Ohana talk back to the guy she like.
Or the guy actually falls for Ohana....

I'm almost in this shipping camp.
Old 2011-04-08, 14:42   Link #435
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
This title somewhat reminds me of Someday's Dreamers and the way it presented a coming of age tale. But this certainly won't be the drift between light-hearted and the limitations reality impose that Yume went through in that tale. Ohana looks destined for a much rougher ride and that she's going to have to ride this one out solo, or until she's earnt the respect of others. I'll be interested to see whether this will be a 'I persevered despite you pricks and I'll be better for it' tale or 'There's more than one side to the coin; it's never too early or late to change' kind of tale. Ohana certainly has a spunky, poetic, ambitious personality but is so oblivious to the ways and feelings of others it's almost painful. It'll be intriguing to see how a girl who has lived without restraint and dares to dream will handle one very harsh reality check. This isn't the kind of series I'd expect P.A. Works to take on...Hmmm, this could be a serious contender if it keeps itself on track. Definitely one of the better things I've seen thus far this season. But that ED theme really ticked me off...that singer's tonality is so grating/aneurysm-invoking.

I'll be with this one for the long haul. But I'll be reserving my true judgement for quite some time.
Personally I want to see (1) “I persevered despite you pricks and I’ll be better for it.” Even if it doesn’t work out, the series will be enjoyable. I can see option (2) “There’s more than one side to the coin; it’s never too early or late to change” happening, if not in the main story at least as some subplot. But, personally I think it’s a mistake to go for that one; failing to do (1) is probably still much bettern then (2). To pull it off well the series has to become really emotional, and that means throwing itself into a corner. Meaning the series will be enjoyable for a much larger audience if they don’t do that. Another reason I don’t want to see (2) happening is because I don’t care if every member in that house has some saint diploma, Ohana was right, everyone else was in the wrong. And for some reason it’s really fun and funny to watch everyone “misunderstand” Ohana, and Ohana making (honest) mistakes.
Old 2011-04-08, 16:07   Link #436
JediNight
キズランダム

I actually like the OP ... guess I'm okay with the raspy voice quality she has going on there.

Reminds me of the singer who did the OPs for Full Moon wo Sagashite: (The*Scanty)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWw0q9FhgH0
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 19:54   Link #437
Qikz

Just saw the first episode. I really enjoyed it and the evil obaachan is surely going to become nice in the end, I hope anyway!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 19:59   Link #438
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Just saw the first episode. I really enjoyed it and the evil obaachan is surely going to become nice in the end, I hope anyway!
Going with your opinion Qikz
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 21:12   Link #439
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
oh wow,got this info from the french website wakanim.

At one point Ohana is given a phone number by her mother,someone noted that number and called it,here's what you hear when you call.
Seems useless,yet so full of win.
Old 2011-04-08, 21:35   Link #440
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
oh wow,got this info from the french website wakanim.

At one point Ohana is given a phone number by her mother,someone noted that number and called it,here's what you hear when you call.
Seems useless,yet so full of win.
I didn't understand it, but ahahah oh wow. Nice little extra.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, pa works, romance, slice of life