AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-02, 04:37   Link #1
YoSneaky

Epic? Anime

I don't know how I should have titled this but I'm looking for an anime similar to something like Bleach or Claymore.

I don't really like anything too romantic, the most romantic anime I've seen was Full Metal Panic, which was good though.

Claymore was the most recent anime I've finished and I loved it, does anyone know anything similar to that?

To help, my favorite anime are Elfen Lied, Death Note, Bleach, Code Geass, and Claymore. So something good like those five anime and I would love you forever.

Thanks a lot.
Old 2010-08-02, 04:54   Link #2
Haak
F**k my life...

Looks like you're looking for shonen/action shows. I recommend:
Canaan
Darker Than Black
Fullmetal Alchemist
To Aru Majutsu no Index

The only thing I can think of similar to Elfen Lied is Kara no Kyoukai. It's similar in that it's a supernatural horror, the female lead has an uncontrollable urge to kill and the male lead loves her and tries to stop her. The similarities end there however.
Old 2010-08-02, 05:03   Link #3
Qwey

Watch One Piece. One of my absolute favorite shows, with an incredible amount of content (currently 450 something episodes, ongoing).
Old 2010-08-02, 05:04   Link #4
YoSneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Looks like you're looking for shonen/action shows. I recommend:
Canaan
Darker Than Black
Fullmetal Alchemist
To Aru Majutsu no Index

The only thing I can think of similar to Elfen Lied is Kara no Kyoukai. It's similar in that it's a supernatural horror, the female lead has an uncontrollable urge to kill and the male lead loves her and tries to stop her. The similarities end there however.
I already looked into Canaan and Darker Than Black and don't really think I'd like them. My friend and I have been thinking about starting FMA, but we're not sure yet.

I just checked out a little bit of To Aru Majutsu no Index, and it looks pretty good. I might watch that.

Thanks a lot.
Old 2010-08-02, 06:53   Link #5
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSneaky View Post
I already looked into Canaan and Darker Than Black and don't really think I'd like them. My friend and I have been thinking about starting FMA, but we're not sure yet.

I just checked out a little bit of To Aru Majutsu no Index, and it looks pretty good. I might watch that.

Thanks a lot.
Oh, please, please do watch FMA: Brotherhood. Anime can't get much more epic than that. The plot's massive and the characters are incredible, and of course the action's intense and quite awesome.

Darker than Black is great and if you like badassery Hei is the epitome of badass, but I agree, it's not an anime for everyone.

I also recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for it's over-the top epic fun, Sengoku Basara for the same reason and maybe the two Gundam 00 seasons?
Old 2010-08-02, 07:41   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I also recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for it's over-the top epic fun, Sengoku Basara for the same reason and maybe the two Gundam 00 seasons?
Most people who like Bleach and Naruto don't like Gundam because of their technicalities and heavy scientific backgrounds. G00 doesn't have as much action as its predecessor of GS/GSD. For ridiculous level of action would be G Gundam (and I mean the word "ridiculous" literally).

Sengoku Basara
isn't bad....if he hunts deep enough he would certainly like Juuden-chan, Rurouni Kenshin. Or maybe he might even like Queen's Blade.

If he is able to put aside his maturity he should watch Digimon Tamers.....probably the BEST of the digimon stories ever made as the director/scriptwriter went hardcore and did alot of research on demographics of elementary and middle school children before working on it.

@ TS : I bet you haven't watched White Album as romance anime. That is a real romantic anime and has a harder storyline than Hana Yori Dango. Even an action and music fan like me was enthralled by the storyline.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-02, 20:23   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Epic? You need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (or even the first anime for that matter).

Starblazers would be another classic epic anime, but the animation (70s) my be too much for you.

And of course you can always try Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread