AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-18, 06:40   Link #1
Devin

Can anyone identify this anime with only descriptions?

I watched it a LONG time ago. It was around the late 80s. All remember are two of the antigonists, one had a black eye-patch and was very violent, even crazy., another held a rose, was pretty boy and very calm. The good guys flew on slow moving floating "air ships" The bad guys flew faster space ships. I believe there was a girl on the good side who sided with the bad guys because she was in love one of the bad guys.

Hope i don't sound too confusing, but that's all i vaguely remember. Does anyone know what this anime was? I sure like to find it.
Old 2004-03-18, 06:48   Link #2
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Gonna go on a limb here and say Galaxy Express? Or Captain Harlock?

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,2...galaxy_ex.html
Old 2004-03-18, 19:39   Link #3
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
ride on the adventures of three nine
Old 2004-03-19, 01:05   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

It doesn't really sound like galaxy express. I'm sure the "trains that fly in space" part would stand out. It could be captain harlock, but since I haven't seen it, I'm not sure. Really I'm not sure what series it is. For some reason I'm thinking project A-ko verses, though I don't think that's right either...
Old 2004-03-19, 02:08   Link #5
Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It doesn't really sound like galaxy express. I'm sure the "trains that fly in space" part would stand out. It could be captain harlock, but since I haven't seen it, I'm not sure. Really I'm not sure what series it is. For some reason I'm thinking project A-ko verses, though I don't think that's right either...
I just know sure that the eye patch guy and the guy with the rose are two distinct bad guys, i think they were like Generals. The eye-patch guy is violent vulgar, the rose guy is calm. There were alot of those airships that were destroyed by the faster space ships

Also, I watched it in the late 80s, so it's pretty damn old but i still remember the anime quality was pretty good.

Last edited by Devin; 2004-03-19 at 02:21.
Old 2004-03-19, 08:29   Link #6
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

How anyone got Herlock from that description is beyond me. Herlock is calm, cool, and collected. He's introspective, yet charismatic. He's far from vulgar, and violent only to the extent that he needs to be.
Old 2004-03-19, 10:04   Link #7
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin
I just know sure that the eye patch guy and the guy with the rose are two distinct bad guys, i think they were like Generals. The eye-patch guy is violent vulgar, the rose guy is calm. There were alot of those airships that were destroyed by the faster space ships

Also, I watched it in the late 80s, so it's pretty damn old but i still remember the anime quality was pretty good.
Actually I'm pretty sure there are plenty of animes that had both your violent eye-patch villan & calm rose guy villan, e.g. G-Force, Saber Rider & Star Sheriff, etc...

The only unique thing you describe seem to be the slow moving good guy 'airships'... And that I have no idea which anime has that with the bad guys you describe...
Closed Thread