AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-12, 09:54   Link #241
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I don't see what's so stupid about it, 2 of the 3 Boa sisters had a snake fruit...

And his "so BB is not the first D with 2 fruits then" implies that he thinks Dragon has already been shown having another fruit ruling the dragon fruit out or he has to be another BB rather then just thinking it's stupid cause his names happens to be Dragon.
I don't see anything stupid either about dragon have the name simmilar to what his DF he might have.

But for the storm thing that happen around his presence, I like the idea and I'm pretty much confident it has something to do with the revolutionary tools/things that that cause that to happen, since dragond is pretty much a guy who move with stategy and works behind bars... if nami could summon a little stormy rains, the researcher of the sky Island could summon a big storm... then is quite possible that the revolutionary army has the device to do the same thing. or maybe its one of the forbidden weapond in OP universe... now we can see why He is called as the most dangerous person arround.
__________________
If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop you
nicepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:05   Link #242
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, and this is a side point, Hancock's fruit copuld be considered an homage to the ability of Snake Charmers, so all 3 fruits would be connected to Snakes...
Or more simply, you could connect Hancock's devil fruit to Medusa who was known for being half snake and having hair made of snakes... y'know, just like the manga does
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:09   Link #243
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Or more simply, you could connect Hancock's devil fruit to Medusa who was known for being half snake and having hair made of snakes... y'know, just like the manga does
That's actually why I didn't go there. Snake Charmers are cool and real, Medusa is fake and stupid (if Sam Worthington can kill one, then they aren't very good ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:18   Link #244
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
And boa is is a type of snake...
Just throwing it out there, Blackbeard. Usopp. Aokiji. Akainu. Smoker. Kuma.
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:44   Link #245
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Aokiji. Akainu
those were given to them after they became admirals though .. likely based on the DF's they ate prior to that .. same with Kizaru

it's Sakazuki, Kuzan & Borsalino
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:34   Link #246
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't see anything stupid either about dragon have the name simmilar to what his DF he might have.

But for the storm thing that happen around his presence, I like the idea and I'm pretty much confident it has something to do with the revolutionary tools/things that that cause that to happen, since dragond is pretty much a guy who move with stategy and works behind bars... if nami could summon a little stormy rains, the researcher of the sky Island could summon a big storm... then is quite possible that the revolutionary army has the device to do the same thing. or maybe its one of the forbidden weapond in OP universe... now we can see why He is called as the most dangerous person arround.
i think you are trying to make more complicate then it should be. While Dragon probably guess the luffy will be in the area. I doubt he knew in advance that he need the lighten bolt to save him. The simple answer is either the lighten bolt was fate or Dragon cause it.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 19:51   Link #247
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Or Xellos was simply intending to show how stupid it is to expect Dragon to have a Dragon fruit, just because of his name... due to him being called Monkey D. Dragon after all...
He means that your logic is faulty, as if you say he should have a dragon fruit due to his name, then he has an equal chance of getting a monkey fruit (as half his name is monkey and half dragon).

That is why he bolded the word monkey.

Are you guys being intentionally dim? Or just trolling?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:06   Link #248
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Wait I'm confused. No one, except the person you just quoted, bolded the word monkey. And you were the one who asked Xellos meant in the first place. Are you dim or just trolling?
__________________
I hate most of you.

Last edited by Gin; 2010-08-12 at 22:13. Reason: meh
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:09   Link #249
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^He also did a shitty job of quoting Talendra (is it really so hard to push the "quote" button....
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:23   Link #250
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hmm.... looks like some interesting arguments took place here..... heh, I like how someone made what was pretty much the opposite argument I made about Rob Lucci's strength a while back (but as I also said then, I think Lucci would be comparable to the stronger VAs if he were an Awakened Zoan....). But to be honest, if there were anyone in CP9 that I would love to see in action again, it would be Blueno. I actually enjoyed Luffy's fight with him WAY more than Lucci's, because I was pretty impressed with the crazy ways he used his seemingly "useless" door fruit in battle (I especially liked the revolving door-face distraction ). It's just too bad that the fight was a bit on the short side (at least when compared to Lucci's).....


BTW, Blueno also gets props for being the first person in the series with a teleportation ability (gotta love that (Doko Demo) Air Door!)




Aaaanyway.... how long d'you guys think it will be before the crew's reunited? I'm tempted to guess that they'll be together again by 600, but that would be too obvious a guess, wouldn't it? Therefore, I'm more content to simply say "Before the end of the year".
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:31   Link #251
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Aaaanyway.... how long d'you guys think it will be before the crew's reunited?
Really depends on how long Oda wants series to go on.
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 01:06   Link #252
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Wait I'm confused. No one, except the person you just quoted, bolded the word monkey. And you were the one who asked Xellos meant in the first place. Are you dim or just trolling?
When the fuck did I ask what Xellos meant?

That was a different post in a completely context?


I completely understood what he meant, but I don't think its prudent to assume Dragon has a weather fruit just yet.

What the fuck are you trying to do? If you don't see what Talendra was trying to say, then I have (hopefully) explained it in simple enough terms for you to understand.

If you do understand, then why the fuck are acting all dim?

And what the fuck is the point of pointing out that I have 'quoted the wrong post'?
If you understand what I'm trying to say isn't that enough? Way to go, trying to be clever and coming off as snide instead James..
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 01:19   Link #253
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
When the fuck did I ask what Xellos meant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so BB is not the first D with 2 fruits then
What? .

That is what started the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What the fuck are you trying to do? If you don't see what Talendra was trying to say, then I have (hopefully) explained it in simple enough terms for you to understand.
We understood what Talendra was trying to say, but I'm not sure you did. The way you responded to his post makes it kind of hard to tell.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 01:58   Link #254
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
That is what started the conversation.
No it wasnt.

What I meant by my post was: I completely understood what he meant, but I don't think its prudent to assume Dragon has a weather fruit just yet.

And its irrelevant anyway, since it didn't start that conversation.

Quote:
We understood what Talendra was trying to say, but I'm not sure you did. The way you responded to his post makes it kind of hard to tell.
My earlier explanation is directed towards seiji-kun and James because they did not seem to understand.

I don't even know why you are posting =/
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:55   Link #255
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
My earlier explanation is directed towards seiji-kun and James because they did not seem to understand.

I don't even know why you are posting =/
Rather then attacking us maybe you could try putting more sense in your posts then just throwing out one word posts which are so ambiguous that it's normal that a person can misunderstand...

Or understanding a post... Cause Talendra wasn't simply pointing out the equal chances of him having a monkey DF as a dragon DF. She was ridiculing the thought of both or else she has a poor way of wording herself cause else you don't use the word stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Wait I'm confused. No one, except the person you just quoted, bolded the word monkey. And you were the one who asked Xellos meant in the first place. Are you dim or just trolling?
I'm going with both though the latter seems obvious now.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2010-08-13 at 03:14.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 07:58   Link #256
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Really glad the reunion isn't taking place right away, It's a time for the manga to focus on strawhats individually. Give them each a few chapter arcs.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:39   Link #257
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Really glad the reunion isn't taking place right away, It's a time for the manga to focus on strawhats individually. Give them each a few chapter arcs.
There won't be entire chapters focused on each strawhat individual, this is not Naruto nor is Bleach (thanks goodness).
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:46   Link #258
Distinction
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Shs individually can be handled in the anime. Gogo timeskip and reunion or if not GO Sogeking vs an Admiral or smth like that . Sogeking > Akainu np.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:46   Link #259
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I'm really wondering who that mysterious man was that Doflamingo was talking to. He's definitely not one of the 5 elder stars, so where would he fit in the hierarchy of the WG?

Doflamingo seems to be a man with lots of knowledge and connections. He was the former owner of the slave auction house at the Sabaody Archipelago; He knew that Kuma worked out a deal with the WG to eventually convert himself into a complete pacifista; and finally we have him conspiring with this unknown government official to assassinate Moria. That being said, I'm interested in discovering what his true motives are.

I also find it funny how Doflamingo is in the shichibukai just for the hell of it. Threatening that WG official to watch his mouth, otherwise he would close their deal and leave the shichibukai. This sadistic bastard is truly dangerous, and those who get on his bad side had better be wary of his wrath .
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:45   Link #260
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Yeah, I kinda figured that Dofla was talking to Vegapunk (or at least someone who's connected to the good doctor). That would certainly explain how he knew so much inside info about Kuma's pacifista conversion. And yeah, I agree that it's pretty wild to see how Dofla doesn't really give a crap about his Shichibukai status (unlike Hancock, who still intends to keep her position despite also being rowdy herself). I definitely can't wait to see how Oda will build him up after the timeskip.....




BTW, I'm also kinda hoping that we'll finally be introduced to Kaidou next chapter. After all, Drake causing a ruckus in his territory is certainly not something to be sneezed at.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.