AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-12, 01:40   Link #261
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The attack hadn't even begun, and there was literally no warning anyhow. Something just doesn't fly.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:11   Link #262
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Spoiler for chapter summary:


... WTH? Am I supposed to consider this... as a plot twist???
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:19   Link #263
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Why would you consider the moment that we have been waiting for for 505 chapters a plot twist? Hell, why everyone didn't already know that Naruto would gain complete control of the Kyuubi one day is baffling.

That being said, once again, Naruto did not perform Hiraishin. You can dislike the chapter and story to your heart's content, but do not use fake evidence as a reason for any hate/dislike.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:56   Link #264
Artful Dodger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Why would you consider the moment that we have been waiting for for 505 chapters a plot twist? Hell, why everyone didn't already know that Naruto would gain complete control of the Kyuubi one day is baffling.

That being said, once again, Naruto did not perform Hiraishin. You can dislike the chapter and story to your heart's content, but do not use fake evidence as a reason for any hate/dislike.
I think you're so happy about Naruto gaining yet another god-mode that you are not seeing the forest for the trees. These power ups are clumsy, way over the top, and don't seem to serve much purpose except for appeasing the whinning fans who were complaining about Naruto being "too weak". I means seriously now, sage-mode, *and* this? I really can't believe people are actually sitting there and calling this a "proper powerup"; this is getting to the point where we wont see any good fighting -- just people smashing into mountain sides, and other bullshit. I agree with ero-sennin that gaining control of the beast should of been something he learned from Jiraiya or the frogs, and perhaps, more gradually than this nonsense. Naruto being your favorite character must really be hindering you from seeing how over the top this is.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 12:07   Link #265
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I think you're so happy about Naruto gaining yet another god-mode that you are not seeing the forest for the trees. These power ups are clumsy, way over the top, and don't seem to serve much purpose except for appeasing the whinning fans who were complaining about Naruto being "too weak". I means seriously now, sage-mode, *and* this? I really can't believe people are actually sitting there and calling this a "proper powerup"; this is getting to the point where we wont see any good fighting -- just people smashing into mountain sides, and other bullshit. I agree with ero-sennin that gaining control of the beast should of been something he learned from Jiraiya or the frogs, and perhaps, more gradually than this nonsense. Naruto being your favorite character must really be hindering you from seeing how over the top this is.
We new from the begining that Naruto will eventualy control kyuubi's chakra so yes it's ''proper power up''.

James is right in his post.
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 12:28   Link #266
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I think you're so happy about Naruto gaining yet another god-mode that you are not seeing the forest for the trees. These power ups are clumsy, way over the top, and don't seem to serve much purpose except for appeasing the whinning fans who were complaining about Naruto being "too weak". I means seriously now, sage-mode, *and* this? I really can't believe people are actually sitting there and calling this a "proper powerup"; this is getting to the point where we wont see any good fighting -- just people smashing into mountain sides, and other bullshit. I agree with ero-sennin that gaining control of the beast should of been something he learned from Jiraiya or the frogs, and perhaps, more gradually than this nonsense. Naruto being your favorite character must really be hindering you from seeing how over the top this is.
As Milan mentioned, the Kyuubi Mode is 100% "Proper" power-up. You can complain about Sage Mode, but Kyuubi Mode has been expected, in one form or another, since literally the one-shot Kishimoto turned in back in 1997. That being said, I never claimed to like this power-up, nor did I claim that I wanted it. I would have preferred if Naruto stuck with Sage Mode only, and the Kyuubi was taken from him permanently, but my opinion on the matter is irrelevant and I more than realize that to argue that this current power-up is sudden or unexpected is completely false.

Additionally, what constitutes "good" fighting? Because based on your description, you must hate all of Naruto. You obviously don't like pure destruction-based techniques, but besides a few moments, the fighting in this series has primarily always been about brawn tempered with a little brain, so any complaints about mountain destroying attacks (which have been around since...oh, the entirety of Part II, and technically even Part I (what with the Jinchuuriki existing even then, not to mention Itachi's Amaterasu, etc) is simply ridiculous.

That being said, you've been posting all of a week, maybe a week and a half (btw, does your name come from Dickens or The Streets?), so why don't you hold off your accusations (whether they be true or not) untill you've actually talked with the people you are accusing...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-12 at 13:43.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 12:30   Link #267
herculan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham
The potential the naruto story had at the beginning of the story concerning tactical fighting have not been used. Instead of going into all the different jutsus kishi decided to use invisible powers, that do not add any tactical depth, only thing they do is trying to make you accept that the character is stronger.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 13:28   Link #268
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
As Milan mentioned, the Kyuubi Mode is 100% "Proper" power-up. You can complain about Sage Mode, but Kyuubi Mode has been expected, in one form or another, since literally the one-shot Kishimoto turned in back in 1997. That being said, I never claimed to like this power-up, nor did I claim that I wanted it. I would have preferred if Naruto stuck with Sage Mode only, and the Kyuubi was taken from him permanently, but my opinion on the matter is irrelevant and I more than realize that to argue that this current power-up is sudden or unexpected is completely false.

Additionally, what constitutes "good" fighting? Because based on your description, you must hate all of Naruto. You obviously don't like pure destruction-based techniques, but besides a few moments, the fighting in this series has primarily always been about brawn tempered with a little brain, so any complaints about mountain destroying attacks (which have been around since...oh, the entirety of Part II, and technically even Part I (what with the Jinchuuriki existing even then, not to mention Itachi's Amaterasu, etc) is simply ridiculous.

That being said, you've been posting all of a week, maybe a week and a half (btw, does your name come from Dickens or The Streets?), so why don't you hold off your accusations (even if they happen to be true) untill you've actually talked with the people you are accusing...
Adding something more, making Naruto appear with Kyubi control at the beggining of part 2 would had been out of context based on the power level of the other characters at that time.

To be honest, this power up put Naruto above the rest of his peers, but still will only put him on par with his upcoming enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
The potential the naruto story had at the beginning of the story concerning tactical fighting have not been used. Instead of going into all the different jutsus kishi decided to use invisible powers, that do not add any tactical depth, only thing they do is trying to make you accept that the character is stronger.
The so called tactics are still there, the Jutsus just got bigger.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:05   Link #269
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Let me guess, there won't be a chapter this week?^^
That's what I get from not visiting Animesuki every day.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:18   Link #270
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I don't think anyone who killed for MS would be Hokage material.
We don't know what really happened. If you look at Itachi's character it's hard to believe he would do that, as a matter of fact i'm sure Itachi didn't attack his best friend. Therefore i think it was Itachi who was attacked and had no other choice. Lets wait until the secret of what Uchiha were doing will be revealed. Itachi was surely under huge mental pressure from the beginning (on one side the ruthless Danzou and on the other side his plotting father), such a pressure on such a young child like Itachi, no wonder he had an illness, when someone is under big mental stress for long time it will inevitably cause some illness in his body too.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:29   Link #271
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^LOL, Itachi died from an ulcer...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:59   Link #272
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^LOL, Itachi died from an ulcer...
Actually those who are under heavy stress for a long time often develop gastric ulcer
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 17:32   Link #273
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Hey guys, long time no see. So, is there no chapter this week?

Oh and my two cents on this whole power up thing: Yes Naruto is seriously way too powerful for my taste at the moment, but wait. I would not be surprised at all if he uses this new power in one or two fights to show what it's capable of (presumably against Kisame), only to have the nine tails yanked from him before he gets to fight Sasuke or at least Madara. I seriously doubt this lasts very long.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 18:00   Link #274
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
Hey guys, long time no see. So, is there no chapter this week?

Oh and my two cents on this whole power up thing: Yes Naruto is seriously way too powerful for my taste at the moment, but wait. I would not be surprised at all if he uses this new power in one or two fights to show what it's capable of (presumably against Kisame), only to have the nine tails yanked from him before he gets to fight Sasuke or at least Madara. I seriously doubt this lasts very long.
You have to accept that Naruto is this powerful now, simply becuase otherwise he would have no chance against the enemy. They have Super-Kabuto, Madara and EMS-Sasuke. Zetsu and Kisame are there just to have some minor evil characters who can interact with secondary characters like Gai or KillerBee. The top guys are now all above kage level. Last time we saw Sasuke he killed a kage level guy who was in godmode for 10 minutes. So Naruto needs all these powerups, and even now he will have a hard time against Sasuke. Naruto's fight against Pain and Sasuke's recent fights were kage level, so according to shonen manga laws now we are moving above that level.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 19:57   Link #275
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Zombie master Kabuto will probably be brought down by the secondary teams. Madara's no doubt the final boss, unless Kishi decides to make Sasuke into a straight villain (well, moreso).
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:21   Link #276
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You have to accept that Naruto is this powerful now, simply becuase otherwise he would have no chance against the enemy. They have Super-Kabuto, Madara and EMS-Sasuke. Zetsu and Kisame are there just to have some minor evil characters who can interact with secondary characters like Gai or KillerBee. The top guys are now all above kage level. Last time we saw Sasuke he killed a kage level guy who was in godmode for 10 minutes. So Naruto needs all these powerups, and even now he will have a hard time against Sasuke. Naruto's fight against Pain and Sasuke's recent fights were kage level, so according to shonen manga laws now we are moving above that level.
Really the only one that Naruto needed powerups for is Sasuke. Even Madara admits he is not close to what he was and his defeat can easily be attributed to someone figuring out his secret. Is Kabuto really stronger than Orochimaru? I see Naruto as way beyond him with just Sage-Mode. I can see him fed to Sakura. Yes, Sakura.

So there isn't much on the villain side right now. Madara just waged war against the five great shinobi nations. I would hope he has more on the enemy roster than himself, Sasuke, Kabuto and the zombies(who he didn't even account for), Kisame, and Zetsu. I expect him to pull some dark army out of the ground. Cause right now this war looks a little one sided unless Madara whips out the beasts. And I don't want to see Nartuo turned into a monster movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Zombie master Kabuto will probably be brought down by the secondary teams. Madara's no doubt the final boss, unless Kishi decides to make Sasuke into a straight villain (well, moreso).
He can have Sasuke turn on Madara and work with Naruto. But then have the final fight be Naruto vs Sasuke for Sasuke's soul.
__________________

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-08-12 at 22:32.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:38   Link #277
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
We don't know what really happened. If you look at Itachi's character it's hard to believe he would do that, as a matter of fact i'm sure Itachi didn't attack his best friend.
Well . . . .
I was making an assumption as I said in my post, and I also never even implied that Itachi initiated the fight with his BFF. I also said that Kakashi had MS and I'm pretty sure he didn't kill(his friends) for it.
The Facts are that he took responsibility for the murder of his entire extended family (clan). So someone who could do that isn't really fit to lead KONOHA village. What I found strange however is why the Uchiha clan felt they had to attack the rest of the village anyway, as they could have just split off like the whirlpool village or allied themselves with any other village as they were infamous as ridiculously powerful ninja. I can think of several better scenarios than Itachi taking the fall (at least the way he did) even within the confines of the current story. That is why I said Kishi was merely ok at plot development.

As far as Full Kyubi, It just happened in a very one shot system he pretty much went from not even being able to control 4 tails to sage mode, then having all the chakra without any tails?! Kinda like his personality development>stupid bigmouth>Stupid loudmouth>Stupid and Dejected>KB analyst>Sage. . . . Um WTF? He skips like 10 chances to improve his personality, then all of a sudden he gets more mature after he fights Pein? I just wanted a little more elegance in the delivery.
__________________
"Only Chakras can grab onto Chakras. That's common sense!" Killer Bee
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 03:56   Link #278
EoT
~~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Age: 24
No chapter this week due to Shounen Jump taking a break this week.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 04:01   Link #279
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
The Facts are that he took responsibility for the murder of his entire extended family (clan). So someone who could do that isn't really fit to lead KONOHA village. What I found strange however is why the Uchiha clan felt they had to attack the rest of the village anyway, as they could have just split off like the whirlpool village or allied themselves with any other village as they were infamous as ridiculously powerful ninja. I can think of several better scenarios than Itachi taking the fall (at least the way he did) even within the confines of the current story. That is why I said Kishi was merely ok at plot development.

As far as Full Kyubi, It just happened in a very one shot system he pretty much went from not even being able to control 4 tails to sage mode, then having all the chakra without any tails?! Kinda like his personality development>stupid bigmouth>Stupid loudmouth>Stupid and Dejected>KB analyst>Sage. . . . Um WTF? He skips like 10 chances to improve his personality, then all of a sudden he gets more mature after he fights Pein? I just wanted a little more elegance in the delivery.
The Uchiha wanted power in the village that they have helped to build for almost a century. Just walking away would not have cut it. Besides, do you really think Konoha would allow it?

Better to kill them off than let them go. That way no one has thier power.

I can accept that Itachi killed his BF. If he can kill his family for the good of Konoha, I'm sure his BF would just be another sacrifice. I'm not saying he didn't hate having to do it, but I can accept he did it. Especially when you take into account Shusui would have been in on the coup and therefore a target anyway.

I don't understand why you think he wouldn't when he killed the rest of the clan for the same reason, showing he'd do anything for peace. Shusui was probably a neccessary sacrifice for Itachi to gain MS, allowing him to more easily kill his clan.

Itachi may have been a good guy, but he was still willing to kill. If he can kill his mother, father and lover, his best friend isn't much of an obsticle.

His little bro is different because he was an innocent loved one in the whole affair, knowing nothing and therefore guilty of nothing, unlike the rest of the clan.

Pain was a very big thing for Naruto, throwing lots of his ideals back in his face and forcing him to look at the harsh reality. Naruto responded by (eventually) saying - "Yeah, you're right. But I'm going to keep trying anyway, because that's who I am."

A lot of the time Naruto is all smiles and sillyness, but recently we have been so focused on important matters meaning there is little time for that. It shows with Bee - he can't help but joke around with him.

So yeah, while the Pain mature boost may lack elegance, it doesn't lack realisism. The kind of shocks he's been through due to Pain wll quickly mature someone. It doesn't stop him from being the same goofy guy at times though.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 14:21   Link #280
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Well . . . .
I was making an assumption as I said in my post, and I also never even implied that Itachi initiated the fight with his BFF. I also said that Kakashi had MS and I'm pretty sure he didn't kill(his friends) for it.
The Facts are that he took responsibility for the murder of his entire extended family (clan). So someone who could do that isn't really fit to lead KONOHA village.

Well, if your Family is a cancer, or you either kill it off, or be prepared for the consequence.

Sandaime didn’t killed Orochimaru because he view Orochimaru as a son, and that came back to bite him. If there is someone that is loyal to the village, Killing of people that are plotting to destroy it, wouldn’t make that person not suitable for been Hokage, This are Ninjas, not care bears.

If you Say that someone that Kills a family member is not suitable to be a Hokage, then if Naruto kills Sasuke that means he is not suitable for been a Hokage.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -

Last edited by Rurik; 2010-08-13 at 14:52.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.