AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-04, 04:55   Link #1
Seiryuu

Accidental Confessions

Does anyone have some good examples, either manga or anime, of these? The scenario may be romantic, or just comical, depending on the situation and how the two people handle it. Three types I know of:
1. Mistaken Identity: the poor fool thinks he/she is talking to a friend or confidant about a love, not to the actual object of that love. This is often followed by fast talking to try and convince the person that they weren't serious.
Spoiler for example:

2. Slip of the tongue: talking to a crush makes many people nervous and makes it hard to really think about what they say. It's not hard for some people to accidentally admit their feelings without even realizing at first.
Spoiler for example:

3. The main form, fits in what TVTropes calls Right Behind Me. You only think you're alone.
Spoiler for examples:

Often this can very often be funny, and in some cases it can also be really sweet/romantic, but it's almost always entertaining. Especially the confesser's reaction to realizing it. I'll take any type of anime or manga.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2010-08-04 at 18:33.
Old 2010-08-04, 05:22   Link #2
Qwey

In the manga Tokyo Crazy Paradise the main female lead confesses to the male leads' fiancee that she's in love with him, just to find out he's right behind her.

Its the exact situation you described. Its also a really good manga.
Old 2010-08-04, 06:52   Link #3
Haak
Forever Alone...

In School Rumble Type 1 and 3 happen. Both to hilarious effect.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:16   Link #4
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I'm almost positive you've seen it, but Clannad definitely did this[2nd one].
Old 2010-08-04, 18:37   Link #5
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'm almost positive you've seen it, but Clannad definitely did this[2nd one].
I'm sad to say that Clannad, Air and Kanon are three series that I hear about all the time but haven't gotten my hands on (yet).
Old 2010-08-04, 19:14   Link #6
GreatTeacherKen

I'll second School Rumble and CLANNAD, the one in School Rumble actually contributes to the series' incredibly convoluted love dodecahedron.

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2010-08-04 at 22:25. Reason: messed up
Old 2010-08-04, 22:19   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

There are a lot of romance manga where the couples are dating and in serious, committed, intimate relationships. A lot of them do begin with accidental confessions.

In Fushigi Yugi, the first volume, Miaka tells Tamahome she loves him impulsively. Miaka and Tamahome date, get engaged, get married and have a deep relationship.

In Sailor Moon PGSM, Usagi and Mamoru get married, become husband and wife, king and queen, have a child and are dating and in a committed relationship. In PGSM, before Usagi and Mamoru are dating, back during the secret identity stage, Usagi tells Mamoru's ssecret identity, Tuxedo Kamen, that she likes Mamoru.

There's a lot more, too.
Closed Thread