AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-18, 09:26   Link #1
DYA

The invader ZIM thread

I start this thread because, "I Like monkeyyyyyy"

No really because its not an anime but it is great and "I love this showwww"

So if I'm not alone in this anime suki world who like "The invader Zim " let me know it
DYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 09:31   Link #2
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYA
I start this thread because, "I Like monkeyyyyyy"

No really because its not an anime but it is great and "I love this showwww"

So if I'm not alone in this anime suki world who like "Zim The invader" let me know it
I think you mean Invader Zim and yes its a very funny show if you haven’t seen it you should probably check it out. Especially if your sense of humor is abit twisted then its perfect for you.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:06   Link #3
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

What time and network is it on? I've seen it before, just don't remember where...
Old 2004-03-18, 10:22   Link #4
DYA

I can say I seen it on my Tv at the "Input 2" network

but it reavel that i have downloaded the thing and it is illegal

sorry

Last edited by DYA; 2004-03-18 at 10:43.
Old 2004-03-18, 11:22   Link #5
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
"I like this show." ^_^ Gir is so cute, in an 'advanced' sort of way.
It's a show on Nickelodeon at...I don't know what times but I do see it on Nicktoon TV in the mornings. The show is..weird but it's so funny! The creator, Jhonen Vasquez, created a comic called Johnny the Homicidal Maniac that became quite popular. After that he made Squee, I Feel Sick, and then on to create Invader Zim! They are pretty interesting comics, in a wicked demented piggy sort of way. A quick google search will tell you more about it.

Mmmm...tacos.

Edit: Had to take out pic don't know WTF that was! x_x

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##

Last edited by Kaoru; 2004-03-18 at 13:33.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 11:59   Link #6
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
GIR: Oh, I left it at home.
ZIM: You left what at home?
GIR: The guidy...chippy...thingy.
ZIM: Why would you do that?!
GIR: To make room for the cupcake!
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 12:31   Link #7
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh YAY! I love Invader Zim! Its so funny, strange and kooool! I have only read one issue of jonny the homicidal maniac but love it none of the less! I love Johnens work because it is so strange and obscure! thats me done ^_^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:06   Link #8
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Yes, i also love Invader Zim, but it was a long time since i saw it... i think i´ve seen the first season, maybe the second too, i'm not sure.

How many seasons are out atm?
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 19:04   Link #9
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I love Invader Zim too!!!

Here in Colombia I can see it on nickelodeon, but i read somewhere that it was cancelled!!! since i haven't seen any new episodes i'm starting to believe that its true, i just hope not...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 19:13   Link #10
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
What time and network is it on? I've seen it before, just don't remember where...
It was on Nickelodeon for a while ... but it was taken off the air. I don't know what their reason was for not showing it anymore ... but I'd imagine it would have to do with the fact that Nickelodeon is a channel for little kids and Invader Zim is a cartoon made by guy that draws comics about psychopathic homocidal maniacs.

This Cartoon is pretty twisted, but entertaining at the same time. It's quite original, but not really the 'cutest' cartoon out there.

EDIT: Gir is the best and so is this show :P
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 19:34   Link #11
DYA

I heard , that there will be DVD of The invader Zim, may be thats why there is no more episode

^_^
Old 2004-03-19, 02:34   Link #12
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Lo-and-behold, Media Blasters made an announcement months ago that they had picked up Invader Zim for a DVD release (on the Anime Works line, strangely enough.)

That'll make ZIM fans happy, since they can now own all the madness in higher quality than all the crap captures out there today.

Nickelodeon, however, killed ZIM off in much the same way they killed Ren and Stimpy off. Go do a few searches on google and the full, horrible story will be easily found. Jhonen suffered pretty much the same treatment and was supposedly turned off animation because of it.

I hope this doesn't affect future decisions to do a project with a more respectable company in the future.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 04:43   Link #13
Xie

I've seen quite a few Jhonen quotes where he says it's very unlikely he'll ever do an animated series again. After what happened with Zim it's hard to blame him.

There was one full season of Zim released and 7 episodes of a second season that were never shown in the US but did air in Brazil and 2 or 3 of the episodes aired in Australia.

Media Blasters (which is the parent company of Animeworks btw) will be releasing three double DVD sets. The first is to be released on May 11th (happy birthday me!) and then another set one to two months later and the last one or two months after that. After all the sets are released they will be issuing a limited edition box that will have room for all the discs plus an extra disc included. There isn't any pre-order info up on the official website but you can pre-order through amazon. Media Blasters also has said if Zim sells well they want to look into getting some of the other older nick toons, like Rocko and Angry Beavers.

The DVDs will have all of the first season, the 7 never US released episodes, plus the uncut version of the christmas special (which was totally hilarious!). They will also feature commentary by Jhonen and others who worked on Zim and the pilot episode. Supposedly the episodes will also be recut to how Jhonen wanted them originally but I've seen various versions of that. Media Blasters says they will be recut but a Nick executive says they don't have the original versions, so who knows.

I'm very excited, I've loved Jhonen's work for a long time and I think Zim is just awesome. I've already got the first set pre-ordered!
Xie is offline   Reply With Quote