AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 19 26.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 36.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-06, 04:00   Link #21
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well I guess those who denied Kaoru being a tsundere got a pretty much heavy blow this week, as there were parts where she acted like a textbook tsundere almost word to a word.
yeah i thought first that she's very straight to her words and actions but well it is hinted in episode 5 that she's a tsundere one

oh well lovin' the story more
Old 2010-08-06, 04:03   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's pretty impossible not to give this episode a 10/10. It's just so entertaining seeing Kaoru and Jun interact, as we see them in all kinds of environments in this episode. Absolutely loved how this whole episode played out.

Of course the library scene was the star of the show, with great tummy action. It's quite interesting that Miya got a little glimpse of the action, so it'll be fun to see how she reacts to all this.

& adding in the drama with Kaoru's Mother is just what this arcs needs. We should be in for quite the fun second half.

Going by the preview for next weeks episode, Amagami SS - The tummy strikes back!
Old 2010-08-06, 04:17   Link #23
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Mmm...
So-so, I guess. Nothing really interesting in the episode, until the end, which was so sudden.
Belly button scene... Well, since there was already that scene with Haruka, I wasn't really surprised or glad over it. Just thought, "Protagonist should be glad he isn't in the real world..." Mya~'s part in the scene was lovely though. *heart*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-06, 04:17   Link #24
mangatron
Oneesan's FTW

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Two Words:

Kaoru bathing.
Screw that, two words ain't enough! Kaoru navel! Kaoru legs-on-the-shoulder! If anyone who knows me, they'll know why I like that, ah I was so waiting for her to wrap her legs around him...

But, a really nice ep, if I must say so myself. Am I the only one who loved the rooftop scene primarily because of the Yesterday Today doujin? Seriously, I know this series is based off a game, but for the game to be doujin'ized, then animated in such a striking similar fashion is just amazing. I CHEERED DURING THIS SCENE

Of course the fun gets distributed to the other girls who have a few second of screen time. For some reason, I melt when I see Rihoko and I die when I hear Sae-chan............

It's good to be alive right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
yeah i thought first that she's very straight to her words and actions but well it is hinted in episode 5 that she's a tsundere one

oh well lovin' the story more
Haha I'm glad I stayed out of that tsundere discussion, I just wasn't ready to judge her on one episode alone, and not to mention, it's all Juni's fault. If her hadn't said what he said, she wouldn't have reacted in that tsundere'ish way that she did. I'm not sure if her VA is helping fuel that even more (which she is doing a fantastic job BTW) True to it though, she does give off a low level feel of tsundere, which is why I don't feel like classifying her in the same class as Shana

Angry boobies are so cute ;D
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-Nisekoi S2 ep 02 avatars!
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
Old 2010-08-06, 04:39   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Solid ep. Nothing breathtaking, but solid, carried by a very likable Kaoru.

To be honest, the REALLY saucy parts weren't even in the frames, this time. I think the scene which was most risqué was the brief interlude of Haruka and Hibiki in which Haruka was reminiscing over her preferences...

...I like those who are strong and reliable,
...but I also like the smaller ones who'll depend on me like babies.
...And I'd definitely want one with a long tail.

That was when I couldn't hold my coffee anymore. And finally realized that she was talking about DOGS. Japanese is so wonderfully ambiguous at times...
Old 2010-08-06, 04:42   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And finally realized that she was talking about DOGS.
I thought it was pretty obvious just going by her first line, i mean this is Haruka we're talking about.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:49   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious just going by her first line, i mean this is Haruka we're talking about.
That's the thing, it wasn't obvious in the japanese original at all. Her self-professed taste in men has been similar: Likes the strong and dependable ones, but also has a soft spot for puppy love. And the whole point of the "long tail" pun is that it simply could have been her preference in _men_ either

...just that THAT would have been a bit much for public TV after all ^_^
Old 2010-08-06, 04:54   Link #28
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well I guess those who denied Kaoru being a tsundere got a pretty much heavy blow this week, as there were parts where she acted like a textbook tsundere almost word to a word.
Which scene that shows her being a tsundere? The part when she threw tantrums to the guy? Or was it the part when she denied the *accidental* first kiss she had with Junichi? I didn't sense even one of it... maybe i might be missing it, but afaik after watching it several times, her blush moments were normal.

Its not even a tsundere, at least it wasn't to my best knowledge. Calling a simple aggressive act followed by a sudden blush isn't going to make it a tsundere. I've seen a lot of girls with that kind of act, but most of the time, they acted as a normal girl only. But if you insisted on saying Kaoru is a tsundere, then might as well calling every girl who had once acted aggressive towards the male lead before blushed out as tsundere.

But again i say, she's not a tsundere. Her reaction was normal, because of the situation she's at at that time. Tell me this, which girl that wouldn't get angry when someone hit on their nerves? Or when something unexpected (goes in the way that the girl wouldn't want) happens? And which girl that wouldn't blush when something embarassing happens? Which girl that wouldn't get soft and blushing after so hard trying to act almighty, but in the end, the girl is proven wrong by a male?

And tell me... does a tsundere even need a specific situation or all of the above to show all of their tsundere traits? I think you know the answer to it. I might be wrong at how i interpreted tsundere, but i know i wouldn't categorize Kaoru as one.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:54   Link #29
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
No offense, Francisme-your name's hard to type
Just call me Francis then......Meunier is my last name just to tell you.
Quote:
No offense, Francismeunier, but your GIF's aren't really that good. At least, it's not... fluid? I dunno how to describe it, and you may not call me someone fit to criticize since I don't make GIF's, but that's the way I see it.
Tell me then in my profile what can be done better about them then.....BTW I just have fun doing then....I slow them down too since sometimes the scene of the GIF goes faster than usually the human likes.
Quote:
Anyway, I dunno about this episode... First half was just talking, which I didn't really mind, but for a second I saw myself watching this in a different dimension getting bored. Accidental kiss was cute though
Accidental kissing I know I just saw it subbed but was it really considered as a kiss? Kaoru did not even count it and I made that GIF to see it properly. I still don't see it as any real kiss but maybe at most the lips touching. If you ask me.....the real kiss if anything was the bellybutton one but he also licked there too. Some bad boy he gets sometimes.
Quote:
Second half, total embarrassment. I'm the sort of person who gets embarrassed watching embarrassing things on TV. You might not think it's embarrassing, but there was the fact that a) they were at the library, not at the rooftop or the back of the school where no one would see them, b) Miya saw them and c) I have no idea exactly where he got that "I'm going to kiss your bellybutton for revenge!" thing. The moment he thought of it, I got embarrassed immediately. Does looking at da Vinci's (it was da Vinci's right?) portrayal or whatever you call it of the human anatomy immediately make you think of kissing someone's bellybutton?
Yeah I agree with your reasons but I think the anatomy thing was just a sudden spur idea that came into the mind. I wonder what would be his idea if he saw a sexual book or Karma Sutra one? I heard of friends who had worse things going on in the library but I will keep that to myself.
Quote:
Besides, he thought of tickling her first right? She's obviously gonna laugh if you do that, so why the library? I normally don't mind plot holes and whatnot, but this one just disturbs me. Much more than the knee kiss back in Haruka's arc (because no one was around then, but that still disturbed me).
It's school thing but to my experience because you can hide pretty well if you know where and how. You can also hear someone coming but they were too busy at the time Miya sneaked up is what I think. Normally I would be even able to hear someone's breath. Besides my father met my mother in the library so I guess romance happens in the library sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Kaoru bathing.
Screw that, two words ain't enough! Kaoru navel! Kaoru legs-on-the-shoulder! If anyone who knows me, they'll know why I like that, ah I was so waiting for her to wrap her legs around him...
Two words....Aki Sora? No? Well I know you so I know why.
Quote:
But, a really nice ep, if I must say so myself. Am I the only one who loved the rooftop scene primarily because of the Yesterday Today doujin? Seriously, I know this series is based off a game, but for the game to be doujin'ized, then animated in such a striking similar fashion is just amazing. I CHEERED DURING THIS SCENE
Kaoru shy factor with her expressions was the really good parts and the birds too...... Read my GIFs for the expressions BTW of why.
Quote:
Of course the fun gets distributed to the other girls who have a few second of screen time. For some reason, I melt when I see Rihoko and I die when I hear Sae-chan............

It's good to be alive right now.
Yeah Rihoko was good but to me it was more Morishima. With the subs I figured she was talking about dogs but Hibiki was more into the career thing.
Quote:
Haha I'm glad I stayed out of that tsundere discussion, I just wasn't ready to judge her on one episode alone, and not to mention, it's all Juni's fault. If her hadn't said what he said, she wouldn't have reacted in that tsundere'ish way that she did. I'm not sure if her VA is helping fuel that even more (which she is doing a fantastic job BTW) True to it though, she does give off a low level feel of tsundere, which is why I don't feel like classifying her in the same class as Shana
Yeah her VA is the same as Misaka Mikoto one? If so then no surprise the role is good.
Quote:
To be honest, the REALLY saucy parts weren't even in the frames, this time. I think the scene which was most risqué was the brief interlude of Haruka and Hibiki in which Haruka was reminiscing over her preferences...

...I like those who are strong and reliable,
Let me try to translate........guys who have muscles?
Quote:
...but I also like the smaller ones who'll depend on me like babies.
Short guys who are irresponsible?
Quote:
...And I'd definitely want one with a long tail.
Well it's sexual about anatomy I will leave it that.
Old 2010-08-06, 04:55   Link #30
erfine
hugs@Ranka

I think that this episode had a tendency to drag. Granted, the first part of this episode was spent resolving the love letter subplot and philosophizing on the sky. But even when Kaoru and Junichi finally broached the topic of their relationship, the tone of the conversation remained rather matter-of-fact. They might as well still have been discussing the weather. Or were they?

The library scene felt a bit contrived. While I have no problem with the scene in and of itself, there didn't seem to be a particularly good reason why Junichi decided to kiss Kaoru on her belly, or why he even invited her to the library in the first place. I have no problem with seeing one of these scenes in every arc, but this just felt as if it was included simply for the sake of having such a scene.

I did like the scene where Kaoru gets the badminton bird out of a tree. The interaction between her and Junichi felt more on par with the previous episode.

Quote:
Does looking at da Vinci's (it was da Vinci's right?) portrayal or whatever you call it of the human anatomy immediately make you think of kissing someone's bellybutton?
I also thought it was the Vitruvian Man on first watch, but doesn't seem to be the same.
Old 2010-08-06, 05:12   Link #31
jaykaylol

Loved this episode, it flowed very nicely. I didn't expect the show to have much substance but their conversation about the sky and when Kaoru notes their relationship was like pale pastel took me by surprise. I could feel the embarrassment between Kaoru and Junichi throughout the episode. I could watch a whole series about Kaoru if the episodes were this kind of quality. :3
Old 2010-08-06, 05:34   Link #32
wingman32x

Great episode. The scene with Kaoru in the bath was good and it added more to how she was feeling. The accidental kiss was funny, especially how both of them reacted to it. The library scene was great, too. First of all, we got to hear Ai speak more than one line, and I'm now convinced that the voice suits her very well. The bellybutton kissing was... interesting. Miya seeing them will almost certainly lead to some funny dialogue down the road. Also, I love how she ditched her friends to spy on them . The park scene was okay. The end of the episode gave us a good cliffhanger to work with, one that would provide drama, something the previous arc lacked.

Anyway, this episode gets a 9 from me.
Old 2010-08-06, 05:41   Link #33
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

What's with Miya and meat buns? heh

Ooh...wind...blowing......hair......nice

I now certify Junichi a genuine pervert who has no idea what 'sexual harrassment' means

Kaoru's looking hotter with each episode.....but so is Ai
Old 2010-08-06, 05:48   Link #34
deffusse
otaku[SK]

This episode was realy a good one... I haven't watched this show 'till the 5th episode, because of the previous character arc which wasn't interesting to me at all. This Kaoru part is something from other world of amagami fr., it's funny, crazy, not borring and dat hair .. Also Satou Rina's performance is one of her best. I'll give 9/10 for this one 'cause it wasn't perfect XD
Old 2010-08-06, 06:02   Link #35
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post

is it a kiss? Is it just lips touching each other? Or was it just teeth clacking together? It was hard to determine for me but with this GIF can [b]any of you identify it?

Yeah, that was weird. What was the error, the kissing sound, or the open lips? They must have run out of time to fix it because they were busy animating Kaoru's hair...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - bonus points to Junichi for licking, but minus 2 for not sticking his tongue in it (and moving it around)(we might have heard some sounds from Kaoru then) - 8/10

Last edited by ID555; 2010-08-06 at 06:14.
Old 2010-08-06, 06:13   Link #36
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Meh. I don't really feel like this was the best episode. The first half of them talking was full of substance. But, Junichi's extreme inaction was just unsettling. Really ? Is Kaoru the one pushing for a better relationship ? Because Junichi sure seems like he doesn't care. The conversation was just so lukewarm from Junichi's angle. Like someone said earlier. They might as well have been talking about the weather. And I hope theres some big " Go Junichi Go " moment in the next episode because it's obvious Kaoru isn't gonna be the one pushing. Thing is, theres gonna be at least 11 minutes of " I wonder whats wrong with Kaoru " next episode. The 2nd half of the next episode is where the mystery lies. Then we have to deal with the whole problem solving of why she feels betrayed and stuff. Of course this all goes down the drain if they wrap up that piece in like 5 minutes or something.

Ill watch again and form a much better post. Also I realized this comes off as written in a negative tone. Its not. I loved the episode gave it a 9. It was just very lukewarm for 8 minutes. Otherwise all the other moments were just great.
Old 2010-08-06, 06:50   Link #37
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Which scene that shows her being a tsundere? The part when she threw tantrums to the guy? Or was it the part when she denied the *accidental* first kiss she had with Junichi? I didn't sense even one of it... maybe i might be missing it, but afaik after watching it several times, her blush moments were normal.

Its not even a tsundere, at least it wasn't to my best knowledge. Calling a simple aggressive act followed by a sudden blush isn't going to make it a tsundere. I've seen a lot of girls with that kind of act, but most of the time, they acted as a normal girl only. But if you insisted on saying Kaoru is a tsundere, then might as well calling every girl who had once acted aggressive towards the male lead before blushed out as tsundere.

But again i say, she's not a tsundere. Her reaction was normal, because of the situation she's at at that time. Tell me this, which girl that wouldn't get angry when someone hit on their nerves? Or when something unexpected (goes in the way that the girl wouldn't want) happens? And which girl that wouldn't blush when something embarassing happens? Which girl that wouldn't get soft and blushing after so hard trying to act almighty, but in the end, the girl is proven wrong by a male?

And tell me... does a tsundere even need a specific situation or all of the above to show all of their tsundere traits? I think you know the answer to it. I might be wrong at how i interpreted tsundere, but i know i wouldn't categorize Kaoru as one.
Pretty much the whole liking denial and of course the kissing accident when she used the typical tsundere speech ("I did it not because I wanted to, but because *yadda yadda goes excuse*) accompanied with a typical tsundere smirk approach ending with a very typical "Baka, baka!"

She is a tsundere. Like it or not. It doesnt mean that she is a type A though. She resembles more of a Type B and some of the Type C traits in here. Obviously you still have lots to learn about Tsunderes, because it seems like you are just clinging only to Type A and thinking that type A is the tsundere forgetting that tsundere term includes more types nowadays.
Old 2010-08-06, 07:02   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another great episode. The belly button kissing scene was even better than I thought it'd be, especially with Miya's reaction
From the angle she was watching them, she probably thought they were doing something more naughty than it really was. "Nii-nii..."

I loved the whole scene on the roof as well (Karou wears pastel pink panties? Not the color I had imagined, eh). And yeah, that was totally a tsundere reaction she had after the kiss, but I don't think this necessarily makes her a tsundere. She was just embarassed, that's all. And oh, what's this? Drama in my Amagami? I didn't really expect that. I hope i'll be interesting.
Old 2010-08-06, 07:12   Link #39
CWW
Lurker

I can totally picture the game equivalent.

You're in the library with girl B. What will you do?
[ ] Confess your love.
[ ] Surprise tickling.
[x] Ask to do something kinky.
[ ] Ask how she keeps her fabulous hair.

What will you go for?

[ ] Collarbone.
[ ] Back of the knee.
[x] Navel.
[ ] Foot.

Girl B: It's embarrassing... but okay!

You have reached 0.5 base! Achievement unlocked! Became belly connoisseur!
Old 2010-08-06, 07:15   Link #40
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Let me remind you Kanon, that being embarrassed and reacting violently to it by acts or words with a good dose of heavy blushing is one of the most fundamental tsundere traits.
Closed Thread