AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 19 26.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 36.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-06, 16:49   Link #61
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In a way you are right but you are also wrong. Remember that Type A is not the first type of tsundere it was rather a later production of the tsundere but as it came with a tsundere popularity wave many started to assume that Type A is what tsundere's are about.

But when you look at the tsundere history you will see that Type B tsundere's where the 'starters' rather than type A.

Like lets say Akane Tendo from Ranma is considered to be a Type B tsundere, meaning that she stays dere as a default persona and throws tsun when she is embarrassed or jealous.

But her default dere is not blushing or stuttering but rather a normal girl act. Maybe bit more physical, somewhat tom-boyish but still more or less normal.

Same is with Kaoru she has a normal girl act as default and switches to a tsun only when she is embarrassed or jealous (like with Ayatsuji in episode 5).

But what then Type B tsundere separates from the normal girl? Mostly the reaction to the embarrassment - the normal girl reaction would be of a deep shame and trying to escape it or even cry, while tsunderes more likely to start calling you names, physically attack you or just vigorously try to deny it. In other words tsundere will confront it, mostly in order not to loose her 'face' and try hard to deny it, while normal girl would not care about her 'face' and would be happy just escaping the source of her shame or other similar emotions.

Yes the tsundere term did become wider, but it was not like expanded from Type A, but rather from Type B as Type B is the closest to normal girl and was very popular back in eighties when the trend was starting to form.

If we take an arch-meaning of the word tsundere then for a girl being hostile at the very beginning once and then being nice and lovestruck for the rest of it would have been good enough to be called tsundere until later it become a circular act, meaning was not just one-time hostility but a repetitive act, as a reaction to some stimulus (shame, jealousy etc.)

I understanhd what you are trying to point out that this way tsundere is too wide to mark what it should be but let me remind you that Type A (Louise, Shana, Eri Sawatchika type) is new one, while the actual first tsundere term was used to mark Type B tsunderes who are ironically the closest to the normal girls as they have normal girl act as their default persona so in a way the term was very wide to begin with.

Its just that the New Type A came together with the increasing popularity of tsunderes and the tsundere term so many poeple started associating Type A with the term tsundere.

Type C is the hardest to define because those tsunderes technically are not even really mean - they are more playful and teasing with their love interests rather than mean. Their teasing can be pretty mean sometimes and it is still a good way to escape the shame or avoid talking about ones true feelings seriously Type C tsundere examples would be Sheryl from MF and Horo from Spice And Wolf.

They are still called a tsundere because they all carry one similar trait - trying to mask their true affection, but they do not run away but choose the way to confront it by using physical violence, verbal abuse or teasing.

Tsundere is a bit complicated issue isnt it, but again thats what allows Kaoru to be called a tsundere, though she certainly is not a Type A tsundere.
TL : DR

ENOUGH with the tsundere stuff man, it was okay for a moment, but we're here for the fun of it, there is no need for complicated explanations and forced categorization of the girls in every show you see.
You even portray Ferris from Denyuuden as a tsundere, that itself makes me realize you're obssesed with this.
Old 2010-08-06, 17:09   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
...which BTW anyone expert on telling me what kind of place it is? Duplex? Triplex...you know that kind of thing.
I'm not an expert -- hopefully someone more familiar with the types of buildings in Japan will show up -- but from the way the balconies are divided off from each other, it looks like a three-storey apartment building with two apartments on each floor of the part facing us (or maybe only one) and an unknown number on the part to the right. It doesn't look at all like a single-family home, to me.

From what she said in ep5, Kaoru has to work because she and her mom have trouble making ends meet, so I expect they live in fairly humble circumstances. The building looks to me like a three-storey apartment building, with a covered area for bikes, some apartments facing this street and some facing the street to the right, and a main entrance between them to a small lobby with hallways and stairs to get to the apartments. Not luxurious by any means, but neat and reasonably modern.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman
Old 2010-08-06, 17:21   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
And there's also Miya's jealousness again. Why is it always in second episode of every arc, we always got a jealous Miya. IT JUST MEAN WE WILL HAVE AN IMOUTO ARC!!!!
I'm guessing these flashes of jealously we've been seeing from Miya during the first two arcs will come to a head during her best friends Sae's arc. Easy way to give that arc some drama..

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Wow so now they expanded the term tsundere into description that fits into every girl then? Didn't knew tsundere term evolved by that much.
Tsundere's getting to the point of losing all meaning like epic and moe.
Old 2010-08-06, 18:15   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Definitions of character type classifications are a meta-discussion that don't really belong in this thread... maybe General Anime?

As far as the STORY goes, episode 6 appears to be amusing and just as twisted as Kaoru's hair.
Old 2010-08-06, 18:43   Link #65
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I jizzed my pants after watching this episode. 9/10. Thanks a lot, Kaoru. Your hair, attitude, and looks just make me go crazy.
Old 2010-08-06, 18:54   Link #66
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post

ENOUGH with the tsundere stuff man, it was okay for a moment, but we're here for the fun of it, there is no need for complicated explanations and forced categorization of the girls in every show you see.
You even portray Ferris from Denyuuden as a tsundere, that itself makes me realize you're obssesed with this.
Since when I categorize Ferris as a tsundere? She uses a tsun 'smirk' technique, but thats not the same as being a tsundere simply because she lacks dere in combination of it. Next time maybe you should read the posts carefully before you start throwing accusations at me?

Anyways this is not the place to discuss it.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:09   Link #67
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Woah, cool your jets with the tsundere topic, people

Kaoru made me feel a little younger. Yeah, girl! *cough* The rooftop talk leading to the unintended kiss sure goes in circles. Right now she's only toying with the idea of loving Junichi and is still unprepared to take bold steps. To say the scene at the library is awkward would be an understatement. Kinda worried what will happen when Junichi sees Miya that evening

Considering the fluffiness of the series, I look forward to how things will be resolved. Kaoru's dealing with some serious issue here; possible betrayal by her mother whom she's so close with.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:14   Link #68
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not an expert -- hopefully someone more familiar with the types of buildings in Japan will show up -- but from the way the balconies are divided off from each other, it looks like a three-storey apartment building with two apartments on each floor of the part facing us (or maybe only one) and an unknown number on the part to the right. It doesn't look at all like a single-family home, to me.
No it does not look like a family home. It might perhaps be a 3 and half. Interesting analyzing there. Yes it does look it has balconies so BBQ could be nice to do if Kaoru's cooking is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
From what she said in ep5, Kaoru has to work because she and her mom have trouble making ends meet, so I expect they live in fairly humble circumstances. The building looks to me like a three-storey apartment building, with a covered area for bikes, some apartments facing this street and some facing the street to the right, and a main entrance between them to a small lobby with hallways and stairs to get to the apartments. Not luxurious by any means, but neat and reasonably modern.
Yes, reasonable and so was the bathroom although a bit too small for one person. It could use a shower though. They do have trouble to meet ends so yeah I assume the place could be a middle class neighborhood or in a mix one with high class. Anyways nicely explained........thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
And there's also Miya's jealousness again. Why is it always in second episode of every arc, we always got a jealous Miya. IT JUST MEAN WE WILL HAVE AN IMOUTO ARC!!!!
Not sure about that because Miya is not shown at all in the girls but it could be that she might be the hidden character...maybe a OVA or during Sae's arc like someone mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Right now she's only toying with the idea of loving Junichi and is still unprepared to take bold steps.
I though that was shown in the bathtub. Still wish to be duck!
Old 2010-08-06, 22:01   Link #69
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Not sure about that because Miya is not shown at all in the girls but it could be that she might be the hidden character...maybe a OVA or during Sae's arc like someone mentioned.duck!
*Captain KillahMood arrives*

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the hidden character is a girl from Junichi's grade, oh and she's pretty interesting
Not sure about the OVA though, could be her route, or it could feature all the 6 main heroines.
Old 2010-08-06, 22:23   Link #70
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post

THANK YOU. For one thing, I hate the word to begin with. Really though, Type A and B? Give me a break.

About the ep...it was amazing as always. It's also safe to say that in the end we'll all see the true power of sexy hair when we're sitting there re-watching her arc several times.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:18   Link #71
kujoe
from head to heel

Well. I see this thread is still moving pretty quick.

Anyway, I must say that I'm quite pleased with the latest episode. First, we have Junichi going from behind Haruka's knee to Kaoru's bellybutton. Nice to know that the guy remains consistent from one arc to another.

And then, the story proceeds to introduce something more serious. I suppose I can't offer a solid opinion at the moment, since the whole picture isn't fully revealed yet, but I hope this whole new conflict can be sufficiently dealt with in the remaining two episodes. The nature behind Kaoru's reaction can change dramatically depending on what kind of family life she has. For example: how's her father like, or does she even have one at home? So on, and so forth.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:32   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
how's her father like, or does she even have one at home?
She might have a Father, though we know because of this episode that he doesn't live with her. Kaoru said that it's just herself and her Mother, and they both try to support each other. Reason why she has a part time job.

Though it's obvious that the problem with her Mother that just appeared is what's going to help bring both Kaoru and Jun closer together, and i'm looking forward to seeing how that will happen.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:46   Link #73
Qikz

Well, that was an awesome episode, what is it with Junichi being such the lucky man. Honestly the belly button scene was just HNNNGGG material, man. He gets all the luck.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:01   Link #74
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She might have a Father, though we know because of this episode that he doesn't live with her. Kaoru said that it's just herself and her Mother, and they both try to support each other. Reason why she has a part time job.

Though it's obvious that the problem with her Mother that just appeared is what's going to help bring both Kaoru and Jun closer together, and i'm looking forward to seeing how that will happen.
Ah, thanks for reminding me.

I think that background gives the story a more interesting spin to it.
Old 2010-08-07, 08:07   Link #75
msg

Noticing Junichi reading "romance of three kingdom" book or manga - hmmm..the art of war?looking for strategy to conquer the girl heart? smooth one Junichi.maybe thats why miya gave him that look.

regarding Kaoru:
Spoiler:

Last edited by msg; 2010-08-07 at 09:09.
Old 2010-08-07, 09:29   Link #76
anyme

Amagami reminds me Erogami in B gata H kei.

Back knee Achievement 100g
Belly button Achievement 100g
Old 2010-08-07, 12:23   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

On the Umbilicus!

Both Kaoru and Junichi admit that the true status of their friendship is a bit in limbo. They are friends but not yet really close in the sense of “friends.” It’s a very abstract concept that’s difficult to verbalize, and it really boils down to human experience. People who have experienced it can immediately point out and relate to the two of them, but for everyone else, it’s really something you need to have been in to really know what kind of relationship these two have.

Also this:

Spoiler for image:
Old 2010-08-07, 13:21   Link #78
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
I think the belly button kiss probably pissed off Miya, but it was surely funny to watch since it's so unusual and rather gross... Who would ever want to kiss a girls belly button anyway?

Kaoru is definitely a breath of fresh air from the emo Junchi seen in the first episode because they are already friends... Definitely no tsundere, but yeah...

Rating: 8.69/10
Old 2010-08-07, 13:22   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Who would ever want to kiss a girls belly button anyway?
/me raises hand
Old 2010-08-07, 15:32   Link #80
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
/me raises hand
/me raises his.
Closed Thread