AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 22:12   Link #761
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

I think you're all forgetting the most important part of this episode.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Nearly gave me a heart attack.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:21   Link #762
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, that seriously was an intense moe-bomb. I'm not sure I've seen an unceasing attack of cuteness - I feel a bit bushwhacked.

Bonus points for Makkie's colorful "Pray For Japan" hoodie. First one I've seen in an anime since the terrible day.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:39   Link #763
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wow, that seriously was an intense moe-bomb. I'm not sure I've seen an unceasing attack of cuteness - I feel a bit bushwhacked.

Bonus points for Makkie's colorful "Pray For Japan" hoodie. First one I've seen in an anime since the terrible day.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was a nice thing to add, good job Shaft.
Old 2011-05-12, 22:40   Link #764
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
I think you're all forgetting the most important part of this episode.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Nearly gave me a heart attack.
Hey I didn't forget it

I loved that part too, though. Best thing in any anime ever. I hope there's some more backstory given for Erio, I wonder what she was like before she went missing for six months (I'm guessing she was just a normal girl, but who knows)...
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:43   Link #765
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know, is it possible that the reason why Meme flirts with Makoto so much is because he looks like his father so much. Brother complex anyone? Well a guy can dream.
I like how Makoto's dad is about to hang up the phone when Meme comes on. A lot like how Makoto reacts to Meme in general.

She must've been one crazy imouto when the two were young.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:45   Link #766
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
Putting all that raging hormones aside, I wonder what could make the Almighty Lord of the MILF, Meme to be distressed.
You know they always say a woman's drive peaks at 35 or 35+.

Old 2011-05-12, 22:56   Link #767
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hey I didn't forget it

I loved that part too, though. Best thing in any anime ever. I hope there's some more backstory given for Erio, I wonder what she was like before she went missing for six months (I'm guessing she was just a normal girl, but who knows)...
This show has AMAZING character development. So far, Erio's character has developed A LOT since the beginning of the series. I believe that the next episode will be developing Ryuuko's character as well. Still though, that sabababababa is so kawaii it made my smile permanent.
Old 2011-05-12, 23:07   Link #768
HandofFate

I'm sure most see it already...
but while Meme's teasing has a comedic tone for it, there's obviously some hidden sadness in her.

Got knocked up, father for all we know is nowhere. died/left/one-night stand.
Meme had to raise Elio by herself, then the incident happened, and she was powerless to help, and could only watch.
Old 2011-05-12, 23:35   Link #769
Sekirei07

There is just no way that is over 40.... its just.... impossible...

oh wait, not real life, forget that sometimes.
Old 2011-05-12, 23:39   Link #770
Chase

My goodness just when i thought Meme awesomeness couldn't go any higher, she takes it to another level. Seriously how can she top this? She completely kills the episode once again. Tho Erio wins some points this episode too, her character continues to change and I like her more each episode. Some good mother/daughter scenes in this. The scene where Meme and Erio rush Mako when he came into the house had me dying laughing. Just the small things that happens in that scene had me replaying it at least 20 times over.lol. Then she going around spreading rumors about Mako. Then licks his leg when they are in the room together and that whole scene along when Erio comes in the room is just WIN!!. Its almost hard to talk about anything else even tho the episode was more than this but i can't at this moment.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed

Last edited by Chase; 2011-05-12 at 23:52.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 23:59   Link #771
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
There is just no way that is over 40.... its just.... impossible...

oh wait, not real life, forget that sometimes.
aint reality suck? *kick reality*

I dont understand why Erio didnt go back to school though. Is it because she is really prohibited to attend or the cost? or is it because she is too afraid of how the students will look upon her? Because I dont think Meme will have difficulty financially to support her daughter schooling seeing how she manages to own a house, a nice one at that in Japan nonetheless, while being a single mother even. I dont know anything about Japan education system to know if they have some rules apply to situations similar to Erio though. And I am surprise she hasnt tried out cosplay cafe yet. I doubt they would mind someone weird as long as the person is cute to lure in customers
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:03   Link #772
tsunade666

the hadaka futon part is also good because it's about the birthday and Erio was so moe that it could kill a bystander. Erio saying love you to her mom Meme which can't be 40 years old mom was...a bam bomb boom my circuits and I gave up from that moment. My brains are fried so I just jaw drop watch the whole episode.

Aside that I wonder who is the one who's firing that water bottle rocket. I wonder if she is the loli astronaut in the OP.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
And I am surprise she hasnt tried out cosplay cafe yet. I doubt they would mind someone weird as long as the person is cute to lure in customers
You can't allow the mother and daughter run a cosplay cafe. It might ended up giving moe heart attack to the customer

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:06   Link #773
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Aside that I wonder who is the one who's firing that water bottle rocket. I wonder if she is the loli astronaut in the OP.
Isnt the loli astronaut in the OP is the younger version of Erio? I swear they resemble each other. As for the one that shooting water bottle rocket, I guess that person is the father of the cosplay girl for she says "could be a unemployed middle old man." Maybe the reason she works hard is to support her family.

Quote:
You can't allow the mother and daughter run a cosplay cafe. It might ended up giving moe heart attack to the customer
It is the start of a new cult, I tell ya. *5 years since then, on the news* "Today will go down in history as the day, for the first time, the earth is united under one religion, one government and one nation-the Touwa Empire with Meme Touwa as the first Empress and Erio is the first princess in line for the throne.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:17   Link #774
Crackabad

i admit, i like Meme, unfortunately i do think she gets a lil annoying after awhile :P

and wow, so mush moe. haha loved erio in pigtails
...but they're cousins....

AND OMG! i hope im not the only one that noticed that the movie Meme was watching was WHISPER OF THE HEART by Studio Ghibli!!!
haha sorry. i loved that movie so i was so surprised to see it.
neone else notice that?
Spoiler for whisper of the heart on tv:

Last edited by Crackabad; 2011-05-13 at 00:41.
Crackabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:41   Link #775
tsunade666

COUSINS ARE OKAY!!!

you know I was wondering what's moeblob show? I know a few moeblob show and some consider it a minus. This show is full of moe that I don't know if it's the same as moeblob or it's just moe bomb on this case.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:53   Link #776
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
COUSINS ARE OKAY!!!

you know I was wondering what's moeblob show? I know a few moeblob show and some consider it a minus. This show is full of moe that I don't know if it's the same as moeblob or it's just moe bomb on this case.
K-On is the poster child moeblob show.

Denpa Onna isn't a moeblob show.

Moeblob shows are all about the moeness of the characters. There doesn't have to be any real plot. In fact, plot probably detracts from the emphasis on the cuteness of the characters. Moeblob shows also don't have much T&A. Moeblob characters are usually the cute and innocent types, not the sexual types.

Now I did say moeblob shows emphasize cute characters, but Erio matches or surpasses any of the k-on girls in cuteness. What's different about moeblob shows is that it's especially catered to lonely, socially-withdrawn Japanese otaku who fantasize about having platonic romantic relationships with their K-on "wives". No doubt K-On is good as a show, but they're the kind of demographic it's geared towards. Erio's cuteness is different from the cuteness of the K-on girls.

Personally, I'm not a fan of k-on-type moeblobbery. K-on is also probably the straw that broke the camel's back in the bursting of the anime industry bubble. The industry's alienated itself from general audiences and has become almost solely devoted to serving otakus, and plot-less shows that lack drama with complete focus on moeblobs like K-on are what they want. I praise Bakemonogatari for somehow breaking that barrier.

Old 2011-05-13, 01:17   Link #777
sikvod00

I don't understand why cost would be an issue for Erio returning to school. The government pays for primary schooling, right? Or did her dropping out revoke that privilege? Japan isn't miserly like the U.S. when it comes to public education, so that seems odd to me.
Also, someone needs to make a gif of Meme's lap-licking asap...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 01:22   Link #778
Silverwyrm

Whoa, overload. He seems pretty dense to the hints Ryuuko is giving him. The double twintails...omg...I just about died.

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2011-05-17 at 02:18.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 01:24   Link #779
U<3Anime
Boo!

40 years old! -4000000

b-b-b-but Meme-san.....

Being 40 years and looking this good!?+10000000
Old 2011-05-13, 02:16   Link #780
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

After this episode. Meme is one of the best MILFs I've ever seen in years.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life