AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-13, 12:43   Link #801
Haak
Forever Alone...

Dear fucking lord, she's forty years old?!?!?! By what force of nature?!?!
Old 2011-05-13, 13:01   Link #802
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Although I was disorientated a bit by the first few episodes (although they were funny in a bizarre, quirky, "self conscious artsy" kinda way) to me, the last two episodes have hooked me on the story. This is definitely a strange combo of d'awwww material with just enough of an dash of surrealism to disarm you - unexpected combination, and I find myself warming up to the story and the characters and liking it!
Old 2011-05-13, 13:39   Link #803
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Dear fucking lord, she's forty years old?!?!?! By what force of nature?!?!
The blood of virgins... Remember she bit/nibbled on Makoto ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 13:49   Link #804
TrueKnight

Hmm good ep 5. Many cute moments but kinda annoying seeing Meme because she resembles someone I know. A colleague of mine at the place I work. She's 42 and has a 11 years old son, divorced and a single parent. She acted just like when she's in her early twenties, like Meme. So don't think that all 40 years' have actually lost it.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:13   Link #805
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm good ep 5. Many cute moments but kinda annoying seeing Meme because she resembles someone I know. A colleague of mine at the place I work. She's 42 and has a 11 years old son, divorced and a single parent. She acted just like when she's in her early twenties, like Meme. So don't think that all 40 years' have actually lost it.
That's not the problem..... looking at Meme-san.... 40 years old....

the cagke is a lie

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 14:19   Link #806
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Actually, like grandmother, like mother, like daughter

And is it me or there is no single person without a loose screw in that city
From the sound of it, it seems like you think that old lady at the end is her grandmother. She's not.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 14:44   Link #807
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
No? Well, it would be very fitting if she was
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 15:09   Link #808
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Meme scored major points with me in this episode (unfortunately for her, she can't seem to score with Makoto)
Oh she scores with him even if he wont admit it. He was totally sniffing that pillow a while back.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 15:17   Link #809
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Oh she scores with him even if he wont admit it. He was totally sniffing that pillow a while back.
I laughed so hard at that scene.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 15:28   Link #810
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I love this show. It's silly, cute and serious all at the same time. I felt bad for Erio when she got rejected from the job and even worse when they explained why she didn't want to go back to school. But, I love how she continues to try and make her way back into society.

Plus, Erio and Meme make the cutest mother/daughter pair I've ever seen.
Old 2011-05-13, 16:10   Link #811
chou

This show gets better every week, it's a nice blend of heartwarming moments and comedy. And the Whisper of the Heart reference this episode made me happy.

Does anyone know who the show's composer is, and if there's an OST release planned? It'd be a little disappointing if the OST turns out to be DVD-only as the trend seems to be lately, I really like that one piano track...
chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 17:21   Link #812
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by chou View Post
...And the Whisper of the Heart reference this episode made me happy.
Me, too. My favorite Ghibli show -- and not directed by Miyazaki.
Quote:
Does anyone know who the show's composer is, and if there's an OST release planned? It'd be a little disappointing if the OST turns out to be DVD-only as the trend seems to be lately, I really like that one piano track...
The music is credited to "Frank Maxwell I," about whom I can find nothing at all, so it may be either a pseudonym or a way of referring to a group of people working for the producers, Starchild.

There will be two volumes of OST coming out with the BD/DVDs. Volume 1 with the first BD/DVDs on 22 June, and Volume 2 with the fourth set of BD/DVDs, on September 21. Details of BD/DVDs (in Japanese) here. No separate OST release listed that I can find.

I can't figure out why this show is not more popular. Maybe it's too sexy for the moe consciousness? Only about 16,000 posts on 2channel, whereas Bakemonogatari was closing in on 100,000 by this point, if I recall correctly, and is now over 300,000. And I think this is a worthy successor to that. The most popular shows this season are AnoHana (~85,000 posts) and Hanasaku Iroha (~75,000). I wonder if the unusual OP turned a lot of people off from the very start.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 17:42   Link #813
tsunade666

-_- why was 2 ch post count as being successful? I always based things on sales. Like how can madoka be only rank 10 in the most popular girls and no other girls in madoka shows up in that survey but I know madoka still number 1 in sales so like I care about the others opinion.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 18:04   Link #814
KLGChaos
The Shermain

One thing I loved was Ryuuko and her "Pass, Pass, Dribble, Nice shoot!" Reminded me of Fuuko from Clannad.
Old 2011-05-13, 18:11   Link #815
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
One thing I loved was Ryuuko and her "Pass, Pass, Dribble, Nice shoot!" Reminded me of Fuuko from Clannad.
You're so right!

The show presents a lot of issues like why we like people and why we do things, and I love it. The heartwarming character interaction, some of the best character development I've seen to date, mindf*ck conversations that actually make sense, and light hearted humor with a good plot. Now that's my kind of show.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 18:39   Link #816
zato_1one

OP is actually very awesome! It sounds weird but I can't stop listen to it. It's disappointing that this series is not even half popular as its predecessor, Bakemonogatari. But to tell the truth, although I really love Bakemonogatari. I'm still not sure how the hell it is so popular in the first place... Never expect that so many people would love this kind of show.

I'm actually surprised that Erio is so caring about her mom despite her anti-social behavior. Plus, Meme doesn't look like she care Erio too much. She even forget Erio's birthday. But seeing Erio tries her best to move forward and seeing a close relation between mother and daughter are more than enough to make it my most favorite episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_- why was 2 ch post count as being successful? I always based things on sales. Like how can madoka be only rank 10 in the most popular girls and no other girls in madoka shows up in that survey but I know madoka still number 1 in sales so like I care about the others opinion.
I think that it's because most people who wanna buy the BD/DVD are from 2ch. If it is popular in 2ch then it has a high chance to become successful. IMO But it depends on if it is a positive popular or not.
Old 2011-05-13, 18:47   Link #817
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
BD/DVD sales are the best index of popularity. And sometimes 2channellers post a lot about shows they love to hate, as zato_1one suggests.

But at this point, 2channel posts are all we have to go on, and they do track BD/DVD sales pretty closely in most cases: Madoka Magica was enormously popular on 2channel and its sales have been remarkable.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 19:04   Link #818
Crackabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chou View Post
And the Whisper of the Heart reference this episode made me happy.
Yes, i wasnt the only one to notice lol
Old 2011-05-13, 22:22   Link #819
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I'm actually surprised that Erio is so caring about her mom despite her anti-social behavior. Plus, Meme doesn't look like she care Erio too much. She even forget Erio's birthday. But seeing Erio tries her best to move forward and seeing a close relation between mother and daughter are more than enough to make it my most favorite episode.

I think that it's because most people who wanna buy the BD/DVD are from 2ch. If it is popular in 2ch then it has a high chance to become successful. IMO But it depends on if it is a positive popular or not.
Erio was missing for 6 months, her birthday was probably in that period but saying "I forgot to celebrate" even if its mean is probably better than talking about her unknown disappearance. Meme doesn't seem to think many things through but if you think about it she actually does do some good things, usually covered or masked in her oddball behavior.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 22:23   Link #820
zato_1one

Does this series have light novel thread? I want to be spoiled.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life