AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-16, 02:16   Link #881
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@Pelissier -- Shinbou may have a certain group of seiyuus he likes to work with, but as you say the group shifts over time, and he keeps adding interesting new voices: such as Oogame Asuka (Erio) in this show. She may not be the greatest seiyuu, but she is doing a wonderful job of this particular character.
I like when directors pick up brand new seiyuu or seiyuu that are not new in the business (there are quite a few roles in Oogame Asuka's resume, but nothing outstanding and no main characters) and give them a role as a protagonist. It shows they're not afraid to risk and also good in recruiting hidden talents.

For example, KyoAni is another studio tending to do this in their comedies (K-On, Lucky Star), or also Seitokai no Ichizon which presented four unknown female seiyuu as main characters, and was well repaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
You seem to be a big fan of Katou Emiri, listing her two times
That or I forgot to list Nonaka Ai twice as well, because she participated in Madoka Magica too.
Indeed I'm very fond of Katou Emiri since the times of Kagamin. Also I was kind of expecting a remark about the last line of my previous post, like "but there is a male protagonist in Maria Holic!" (sure, but quite unconventional )
Old 2011-05-16, 07:05   Link #882
mikoo
Banned

Episode 05 freebies:

Last edited by mikoo; 2011-05-16 at 07:36.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 08:16   Link #883
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I like when directors pick up brand new seiyuu or seiyuu that are not new in the business (there are quite a few roles in Oogame Asuka's resume, but nothing outstanding and no main characters) and give them a role as a protagonist. It shows they're not afraid to risk and also good in recruiting hidden talents.

For example, KyoAni is another studio tending to do this in their comedies (K-On, Lucky Star), or also Seitokai no Ichizon which presented four unknown female seiyuu as main characters, and was well repaid.
I personally really hate when studio just randomly casts seiyuus who is known out of nowhere, and assign them in some major role (to be truthful, that was what I felt from Erio's casting); There are already plenty of skilled seiyuus on board. It has nothing to do with talent seeking thing; young and unexperienced seiyuus are cheap, that's why they are overused recently.

Read this;
https://job.mynavi.jp/conts/2012/tok...2/index02.html
TS from freakin senkaku:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...killed-seiyuu/

At the end, seiyuu survives are the one's who are actually talented and skillful, like Sawashiro-san. Young recruits will disappear like an ash even before the sign of improvement, due to other new-cheaper seiyuus flooding in.

That's actually, another reason why I like Shaft. The sole reason Saito Chiwa is very well known until now is due to Shaft's unlimited faith for her.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-05-16 at 08:25. Reason: A bit more to write.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 10:19   Link #884
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I personally really hate when studio just randomly casts seiyuus who is known out of nowhere, and assign them in some major role (to be truthful, that was what I felt from Erio's casting); There are already plenty of skilled seiyuus on board. It has nothing to do with talent seeking thing; young and unexperienced seiyuus are cheap, that's why they are overused recently....
This is also true (except for the "random" part), but if our aim was to keep all skilled seiyuus working, there would never be any new voices. I am very leery of "skill" in seiyuus. In my opinion, seiyuus can sink into conventionality very easily, just producing the voice one expects to hear in a certain situation, as opposed to something fresh and true.

In fact, I think Chiwa started with an interesting voice in shows like Tsukuyomi Moonphase, then became too skilled and ordinary, but now has come out on the other side with the complete package: vocal skill, acting ability, and inventiveness.

Shinbou seems to be able to choose a range of seiyuus to give us a solid foundation enlivened with fresh highlights. I even think his affection for Omigawa Chiki is justified: she can sound very amateurish, but she can also be hilarious.

I was not that optimistic about how Kame-chan would do here, but she is giving us something vivid and effective, extreme as it is.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 10:33   Link #885
zato_1one

I've no problem if they are new seiyuu or not as long as they can handle their job and they are not a vocaloid.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:02   Link #886
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Episode 05 freebies:

uuh eiiiiiii aaaaaah

I will be getting this one

thanks

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 11:48   Link #887
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Speaking of new seiyuus, a minor voice that really struck me in ep5 was the hairdresser's daughter, when she realized who Erio was and screamed and ran away. Good scream. I looked up the seiyuu -- Tanaka Manami -- and found that she was also the waitress who served Ryuuko her two tomato salads in episode 3. She was good there, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see her popping up in a more major role soon.

She is 21, from Hiroshima, and works for a major agency, Production Baobab. She has already been a regular in two different radio shows, both for A&G, whose academy she attended, and has a nickname: "Manamin." She had a bit part in Kuragehime ("model C").

ANN. Japanese Wikipedia. Official profile with voice samples.

ALSO: I was wondering about that "do want" line in one of the subs, so I checked the Japanese and a couple of Chinese fansubs, and I think it was actually more like: "A 40-year-old with twintails? Don't want!" That makes more sense in context, too: "Juuyonsai no tsuinteeru. Juyou nee!" (nee like a slang/dialect version of nai.)
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-16 at 12:21.
Old 2011-05-16, 12:36   Link #888
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Fantastically awesome remix of the ending theme:

http://soundcloud.com/inu/ruru-230415

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2011-05-16 at 23:11.
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 14:02   Link #889
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thanks for posting that - it is great. I thought I was the only one in love with that ED.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 18:29   Link #890
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
First of all, Erio wearing shoes! So weird...Im really accostumed to her always being barefoot.
Now that you mention it... didn't notice it, as I generally don't pay attention to people's feet.

Quote:
Second, what a nice and lovely girl she is, trying to find a job to be a useful member of the society. Her first attempts sadly ended in failure but ultimately she got her job thanks to the grandma. Yay for Erio!
Her first *attempt* - it was only one. Very laudable that she's trying to be useful.
I don't think she would've recovered without Makoto's help though.

Quote:
Third, Meme is really getting on my nerves with that childish attitude. She is 40 years old ffs.
Oh come on, cut her some slack. Everyone is as old as he/she feels.

Quote:
Yoga "child pose":

Interesting find there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
That's full of win
Old 2011-05-16, 18:39   Link #891
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

ALSO: I was wondering about that "do want" line in one of the subs, so I checked the Japanese and a couple of Chinese fansubs, and I think it was actually more like: "A 40-year-old with twintails? Don't want!" That makes more sense in context, too: "Juuyonsai no tsuinteeru. Juyou nee!" (nee like a slang/dialect version of nai.)
All I can say is watch it with QUALITY subs. I won't say which group is the best but I think we can both agree that it isn't the one that did "do want".
omimon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 18:53   Link #892
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

So it must be DO NOT WANT.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 19:14   Link #893
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Wow nice collection behind the shadow. Ignoring the one moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
All I can say is watch it with QUALITY subs. I won't say which group is the best but I think we can both agree that it isn't the one that did "do want".
I noticed that one too but I watched it first on raw so I think don't want. Plus do want doesn't fit on Mako-kun personalities. You know he dislikes Meme-san going crazy like that.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 19:57   Link #894
Cyz
"Show it to me"

^ I always want a piece of Erio . I'll take this -- thanx!

- Well, the fact that Meme is 40 years old is...shocking considering that she looks young and her brain is even more younger than what you expect from a parent. Ah, must be genes. I think this episode is full of Erio cuteness. Does dressing a little sloppy make her look cute? Oh yeah top it off with pigtails then sure .

--> "Don't offer me your daughter" - well, at least he's a gentleman
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 20:00   Link #895
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Thanks for posting that - it is great. I thought I was the only one in love with that ED.
I love both teh OP and ED but I do lean more towards the ED.

The ED kinda reminds me of ED from Spice and Wolf S1 which I loved(oh the engrish)

Can't really think of anything to comment on besides "Sababababa", Erio's orz at her wrapped futon's death and the image of Erio in that yoga child pose thingy
Old 2011-05-17, 00:46   Link #896
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm in love with the OP, but the ED and I are also very good friends. Both are among the themes this season that I still listen to right through.

The ED is apparently composed and sung by an artist called Yakushimaro Etsuko. She calls herself Tika α as a composer, and has several groups, including Theory of Relativity and Tutu Helvetica. She has worked with many other musicians, including Kanno Youko and SMAP. For someone who is not quite 24, she has a long discography. She is also a visual artist and narrator. She sang in the ED to Tatami Galaxy.

The visual side of the ED is by Sugiyama Nobuhiro, who is co-animation director of the anime with Nishida Asako. He directed animation for both ef shows, both Arakawa shows, and episodes of MoonPhase, PaniPoni, White Album, Durarara, Madoka Magica, etc.
Old 2011-05-17, 01:09   Link #897
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Episode 05 freebies:
Yoinking this for now, if its not too much trouble could I possibly get a loop of just 8:06? (when her mouths not moving so its just her hair). Course I can be happy with the freebies given already, thank you

Agreed on OP and ED, most shows I skip the op and almost all I skip the ED but I watch both on this.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 01:12   Link #898

Isn't the "do want!" a sarcasm.
listen to his tone when saying that.

ne is not a slang of nai.

it's actually asking agreement.
so he's actually saying
40 years old twintail! do want, eh?
147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 04:19   Link #899
Itlandm
Porcupine

Erio is childish. Meme is ... pubertyish. She acts like a middle school girl trying to explore her newfound femininity with someone safe. He is her crush test dummy, so to speak. That is certainly not unheard of, although it sometimes goes terribly wrong. You don't get much safer than Makoto though - after all, not only is he a relative too close to take to bed, but he also depends on her for a place to live.

Perhaps her psychological gender development has been in stasis ever since her brother left, and she is only now resuming it?

Of course, this all rises the question of who Elliot is (or was) and what happened back then.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 11:47   Link #900
klare

so confirmed there are no aliens or supernaturals? feels like the show now is supported only by moeness and harem development

put this as on hold

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life