AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2011-06-03, 03:54   Link #1161
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I can understand this series being less popular than, T&B, Steins and Anohana. However, even Azazel-san has higher pre-orders than Denpa...come on!!!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 04:03   Link #1162
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Meme-centered episode was epic. And we got loli-Meme as a bonus.

That is all.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:41   Link #1163
Forsaken_Infinity

Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Touwa Meme is such a strong character. I am hard pressed to think of anyone better. Total win.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 08:09   Link #1164
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I love how the episode gradually tied up most of the loose ends in the story, culminating in the touching final revelation.

Other points of note:

-So Erio has twice the sparkly-hair and alien-otaku genes?

-How can Makoto not know his own great grandmother? Well... it's not a stretch.

-Meme-san.... T_T
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 08:57   Link #1165
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh... Meme knew Elliot since they were kids? Moe points +100000000000. And by the way she was talking, it doesn't seem like Elliot knew about Erio when he left. Now wondering exactly what happened between them.

Didn't expect grandma to be Meme's actual grandma, which in turn meant that she's Erio and Itoko's great grandma. But really, something wrong with the female genes of that family? Seems like each and every one of them has a few screws loose lols.

We also know that grandma runs a candy store, Meme runs the confectionery store that employs Maekawa (didn't see this one coming; always wondered what Meme did for a living), and now Erio works at grandma's candy store. Guess they're alike in more ways than one.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 10:14   Link #1166
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

So cute and nostalgic this ep...12 year old Meme is fricking adorable. So is twintail Erio...
Old 2011-06-03, 11:56   Link #1167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode more than made up for the lack of Meme in last week's episode. It was nice to see her hidden side. She's a very caring and kind woman, I was moved by her relationship with her grandma (his alien obsession runs in the family, huh? ). Marry me, Meme-san!!

We finally got a glimpse of Elliot. He had white hair, so this leads me to think spacesuit girl is related to him. My bet is that she's Erio's cousin (from her father side, then). She could also be her half sister, but yeeeeaaah, I can't see the series going there.
Old 2011-06-03, 12:04   Link #1168
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I can understand this series being less popular than, T&B, Steins and Anohana. However, even Azazel-san has higher pre-orders than Denpa...come on!!!!!
Poor taste surrounds us. We even participate from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
In some ways it feels like the climax was the moment Makoto crashed the bike into the ocean and knocked Erio back into reality, and the rest of the series has been a postscript...
Hmm. Kind of like life: the climax occurs -- the wedding, the birth, the escape, the triumph -- and then life continues. Shinbou rejects normal. We rushed to the conclusion of the introduction, flying into the sea, then the real show follows the evolution of Erio and Meme and Makoto in response to it, and the complete intertwining of everyone until we reach (hopefully) some larger climax.

Will Meme's "ceremony" be effective? In what way?
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:32   Link #1169
dragon132004

Honestly... Is it wierd if i wanna have Meme as my wife?......... I sooooooooooo like her
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:43   Link #1170
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hmm. Kind of like life: the climax occurs -- the wedding, the birth, the escape, the triumph -- and then life continues. Shinbou rejects normal. We rushed to the conclusion of the introduction, flying into the sea, then the real show follows the evolution of Erio and Meme and Makoto in response to it, and the complete intertwining of everyone until we reach (hopefully) some larger climax.
Wouldn't that pacing have come from the source material, though? Or did Shinbou change the order of things in adapting it?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:57   Link #1171
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Poor taste surrounds us. We even participate from time to time.

Will Meme's "ceremony" be effective? In what way?
From a quick glance through of the last volume, I think that's just the way the novels are written...
Old 2011-06-03, 14:00   Link #1172
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wouldn't that pacing have come from the source material, though? Or did Shinbou change the order of things in adapting it?
Quite likely so. I am not following the novels. But whether it was in them or not, Shinbou is the one who (1) chose to animate these particular novels and (2) chose to keep or create this order.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 14:43   Link #1173
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He had white hair, so this leads me to think spacesuit girl is related to him. My bet is that she's Erio's cousin (from her father side, then). She could also be her half sister, but yeeeeaaah, I can't see the series going there.
Makes sense, although after this episode I have a different theory:

Space suit girl = grandma. Imagine her a lot younger. Eye colour's a pretty good match, too. And she's introduced the alien trope into their lives... Would make sense, too, wouldn't it?

(Great) Grandma is one of my favourite characters in the show.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 14:50   Link #1174
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

This was a very nice episode. The sentimentality makes up for the disatisfied feeling of not getting enough crazy stuff. It's always nice to have a crazy story show signs of sentimentality and meaning. It's heartwarming.
Old 2011-06-03, 14:50   Link #1175
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
This episode more than made up for the lack of Meme in last week's episode. It was nice to see her hidden side. She's a very caring and kind woman, I was moved by her relationship with her grandma (his alien obsession runs in the family, huh? ). Marry me, Meme-san!!

We finally got a glimpse of Elliot. He had white hair, so this leads me to think spacesuit girl is related to him. My bet is that she's Erio's cousin (from her father side, then). She could also be her half sister, but yeeeeaaah, I can't see the series going there.
Actually I'm pretty sure his hair is suppose to be the same color as Erio's. I think it just seems like white because the "shine" is covering half his face and hair.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:59   Link #1176
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Actually I'm pretty sure his hair is suppose to be the same color as Erio's. I think it just seems like white because the "shine" is covering half his face and hair.
I'd like to think that his hair is really white though, which means that Meme's dark blue hair + Elliot's white hair = Erio's light blue hair. Yes, I know genetics doesn't really work that way, but this is Denpa Onna after all.

So yeah, Meme spotlight episode. Seeing things from her perspective really shows how everything is connected and explains a bunch of stuff, it's also a nice look toward Meme's character beyond a trolling teasing MILF. She's actually trying to be a good mother, but unsure as of how to help her child and ends up neglecting her as a result, but she still took care of her even if it's behind the scenes. Heh, reminds me of another single parent in this season, Jintan's Dad from Ano Hana.
Old 2011-06-03, 16:01   Link #1177
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2011-06-03, 16:41   Link #1178
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
Honestly... Is it wierd if i wanna have Meme as my wife?......... I sooooooooooo like her
yeah thats pretty weird.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:02   Link #1179
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I will try get over that 20 minute overload of Meme, and right a couple of comprehensible sentences

Quote:
Yea, Malkuth's comment was that Granny was Erio's grandmother but she is actually Meme's grandmother and Makoto and Erio's GREAT-grandmother.

Truth is I actually didn't know at the time when I first posted my response to Malkuth but my comment is in a sense true.
And in a sense I guessed also right, since anyone older than a grandmother, can still be called a grandmother

Quote:
Meme needs to form her own harem, like the succubus queen

Anyway, Meme being the most awesome character aside... I call it, the space-suite girl from the OP is Ashiro's daughter
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 22:03   Link #1180
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Meme-tan, she is one of them characters you want to see more of and then when they deliver such a thing, they go and throw in 1 single little thing that almost steals the episode, Erio's defective rocket

But the Meme-tan win holds out till the end.

5:54 - Who would have thought seeing a 40 year old single mother running around her bedroom holding a plastic rocket could be so....how do I put it, awesome?

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life