AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 17:39   Link #41
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The saying is generally used literally, though. Like, "from the moment I saw her, I just knew she was the one!"

That sort of thing. Generally though it's not invoked until well after the relationship has progressed and developed--hindsight is 20/20 after all!
Old 2010-08-10, 18:06   Link #42
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Well, when you first meet someone, it's certainly easy to tell right away whether or not you're compatible with that person from a friendship-only point of view. Romance develops later, though, if all goes well.
Old 2010-08-10, 18:42   Link #43
sergho

Okay, in the springtime. Sometimes I'll see a girl and she'll be super beautiful a lot more beautiful than she actually is.

It doesn't seem to happen at other times of the year. And maybe the lighting is just right and setting.

My brother would say it's because I haven't gotten any in a while but I don't feel particularly lustful.

I can see how this could be interpreted as love. It depends on what your idea of love is.
sergho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 06:27   Link #44
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Looking back on it, I suppose love at first sight does exist... in a sense.

Really, I think there is a fine line between first sight, and love at first sight. I think it's perfectly possible that both can be separate events. First sight, means you meet a person. But really, you don't know much about them. Blind, so to speak. But, when you stay with them, socialize, get to know them, and see who they really are, then your eyes start to open a little... "Hey, maybe there's more to this person than I think..."
Eventually, if "first sight" is simply infatuation, then that's sorta still seeing blind. But as the relationship progresses, and the more you know them, the more you spend time with them, the more that you open your eyes... eventually, you finally "see" them for who they are. They can be viewed in a light you haven't seen before. You realize that the person next to you is that special person you love. I think that is what it truly means, to be bound by love at first sight.

Okay, maybe not the literal answer some of you were looking for. But it can exist in a sense... though not too many people think as abstractly as I do...
Old 2010-08-11, 06:30   Link #45
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post

Really, I think there is a fine line between first sight, and love at first sight. I think it's perfectly possible that both can be separate events. First sight, means you meet a person. But really, you don't know much about them. Blind, so to speak. But, when you stay with them, socialize, get to know them, and see who they really are, then your eyes start to open a little... "Hey, maybe there's more to this person than I think..."
Eventually, if "first sight" is simply infatuation, then that's sorta still seeing blind. But as the relationship progresses, and the more you know them, the more you spend time with them, the more that you open your eyes... eventually, you finally "see" them for who they are. They can be viewed in a light you haven't seen before. You realize that the person next to you is that special person you love. I think that is what it truly means, to be bound by love at first sight.

Okay, maybe not the literal answer some of you were looking for. But it can exist in a sense... though not too many people think as abstractly as I do...
That theory is way to detailed for it to be true.....

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Answer: No

Any reason?
Answer: Why should I give a reason?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 06:35   Link #46
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That theory is way to detailed for it to be true.....

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Answer: No

Any reason?
Answer: Why should I give a reason?

Essentially, I'm just saying "no" in a poetic way. Love at literal first sight? Hell no.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:03   Link #47
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:

This is to some extent what I was getting at in my last post. I agree. Well said, Mr. wang!
Old 2010-08-11, 23:29   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, when you first meet someone, it's certainly easy to tell right away whether or not you're compatible with that person from a friendship-only point of view. Romance develops later, though, if all goes well.
I think it's easy to tell very quickly if you are simply incompatible with someone friendship wise, but I would say that even friendship wise it is difficult to ascertain whether you really are compatible with someone. Too many back stabbings by supposed "friends" in this world to think otherwise.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 23:33   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I think it's easy to tell very quickly if you are simply incompatible with someone friendship wise, but I would say that even friendship wise it is difficult to ascertain whether you really are compatible with someone. Too many back stabbings by supposed "friends" in this world to think otherwise.
/nod

Trust a person one day, get betrayed the next

Its an overall tragedy to many people that lead them to become something distant or somewhat dark.
Old 2010-08-12, 05:17   Link #50
x.X_Hopelessness_X.x
Tres Espada ;-)

Send a message via ICQ to x.X_Hopelessness_X.x
No, I don't believe.
I believe in love after after a lengthy communication.
x.X_Hopelessness_X.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:53   Link #51
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Most times it's usually crushes on a pretty girl/handsome boy if that's one way to look at it.
Love at first sight can happen though. It's just extremely rare.

For instance, I didn't fall in love with scrambled eggs at first sight on the breakfast table.
I hated them with a passion when I was seven. But as I got older, I realized how delicious they can be and started liking them more and more.
And before you know it, I fell in love with having scrambled eggs for breakfast. They taste even better if you add some cheese with it. Yum!
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 10:33   Link #52
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Not only that, but sometimes the guy/gal you didn't think you'd get along with, or might not have much in common with you, will be the one by your side when you get into a conflict. People aren't always readable, even if first impressions instinctually weigh so heavily in our minds.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:31   Link #53
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Not only that, but sometimes the guy/gal you didn't think you'd get along with, or might not have much in common with you, will be the one by your side when you get into a conflict. People aren't always readable, even if first impressions instinctually weigh so heavily in our minds.
I remember seeing a movie just like this. Girl meets two dudes and thinks one of them is awesome, while thinks the suck of the other one.

In the end, Mr. awesome was not so awesome and Mr. Suck ends up being the dreamy dude she always longed for.
Old 2010-08-12, 16:33   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I remember seeing a movie just like this. Girl meets two dudes and thinks one of them is awesome, while thinks the suck of the other one.

In the end, Mr. awesome was not so awesome and Mr. Suck ends up being the dreamy dude she always longed for.
I always get that twist in every single movie I watch recently, its just to easy to detect o.o
Old 2010-08-13, 17:57   Link #55
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Most times it's usually crushes on a pretty girl/handsome boy if that's one way to look at it.
Love at first sight can happen though. It's just extremely rare.

For instance, I didn't fall in love with scrambled eggs at first sight on the breakfast table.
I hated them with a passion when I was seven. But as I got older, I realized how delicious they can be and started liking them more and more.
And before you know it, I fell in love with having scrambled eggs for breakfast. They taste even better if you add some cheese with it. Yum!
hahaha! What a very touching story.
Old 2010-08-13, 18:08   Link #56
Toleen
~moon princess~

Red face

love at first sight no its not real
Toleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:36   Link #57
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

I say no....
Maybe you can fall in love with the way the person looks
Love is when you bound with the person
Not when you see someone walking by and say "OH I LOVE THEM!"
But maybe they can be so beautiful you love the way they look...
It's kind of hard for me to explain it any better....
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:11   Link #58
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Love at literal first sight? Hell no.
Maybe not romantic love, but maybe the first time a parent sees their child. Everyone loves babies.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:30   Link #59
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Maybe not romantic love, but maybe the first time a parent sees their child. Everyone loves babies.
Yeah, you have a point, though I was simply talking about the romanticism of love. And, that's whats been discussed mostly throughout this thread. Though I won't deny that you are still correct in that matter. I mean, babies sorta annoy me (like those ones in restaurants, you know?), though I no doubt will love my child when I see him/her for the first time...
Old 2010-08-14, 20:42   Link #60
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I'd be just a tad worried if a parent first looked at their child and felt romantic love for that child.