AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 08:11   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, the DoW I Chaos got as disgusting as the graphics allowed, methinks. Corpses spiked on walls, mind-controlling your enemies and sacrificing them into fountains of blood, all yum-yum.
Old 2010-09-29, 08:26   Link #22
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

More Slaanesh, less Khorne will work towards driving home the point of what Chaos is really about.

I would actually like the following units to be in Retribution in their full glory :-

Notice how those original miniatures includes partial nudity. People still collect and play them though.
Old 2010-09-29, 08:35   Link #23
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Looks like we're on the track of Nurgle right now though. Which kinda opens another way for mature disgustingness in itself.
Old 2010-09-29, 08:38   Link #24
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

The only really disgusting thing portrayed in Chaos in DoWII is the Great Unclean One's guts showing all his insides though. Not really "feeling" the blood like with the Khorn-centric Chaos in DoW1.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 08:43   Link #25
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Well, since the eldar gets a campaign. And it's common knowledge amongst 40K fans that they are in direct confrontation with Slaanesh, it's more likely than not we'll see some Slaaneshi units of sort.

I'm hoping for the afored mentioned Daemonettes now.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:27   Link #26
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

TYRANID Campaign WUT

More info on the Tyranid campaign:

PC Gamer - Dawn of War 2: Retribution Tyranid Campaign Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary
* Unlike Orks and Eldar Campaigns, Tyranid Camp only has one true "hero", Swarm Lord.
* Swarm Lord can be fully customizable(even as a caster), "you’ll get to customise your Swarmlord almost as you would a humanoid hero".
* Swarm Lord can equip a number of different Biomorphs including: Scything talons, Crushing claws, Venom Cannons, Barbed Stranglers, etc.
* Swarm Lord can lead up to 140 units.
* Check out the next issue of pc gamer for a full feature on RT.
Gamespot UK - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution Q&A - The Tyranid Campaign

Here's one of the more interesting snippets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot UK
GS: How exactly will the Tyranids' story be told? It seems safe to assume, for instance, that they won't be getting mission briefings from commanding officers who trade witty banter.

JL: You are going to hear the voice of the hive mind. That's not a physical character but more of a very creepy voice in your head. The Tyranids are also psychic creatures and are capable of picking up enemy transmissions. Some of the story is told from the point of view of intercepted vox calls or overheard enemies.

GS: Without spoiling anything, tell us what the Tyranids' motivations in Retribution will be. Are they simply looking to devour known space and annihilate anyone who stands in the way? Or will they have specific objectives tied to the story?

JL: The Tyranids have a compulsive need to complete their original mission and reunite with the main fleet of the Tendril. Something in the sector is preventing them from reforming the synaptic link, and they need to neutralize that threat.

The Tyranids are looking out for the fleet, and events in the sector are going to force them directly into the heart of the conflict. It will all make sense once you are playing.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2010-10-19, 06:45   Link #27
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*Raises hand* Called it!
Old 2010-10-19, 16:47   Link #28
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Defiantly want to try the Tyranid Campaign! The Swarm Lord sounds interesting
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 23:37   Link #29
Gault
inc_mplete

if they bring out Tau I'll consider playing , I only tried the Demo of DOW2 , i played all of DOW1 besides Soulstorm which I should probably check out aswell
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 01:46   Link #30
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
if they bring out Tau I'll consider playing , I only tried the Demo of DOW2 , i played all of DOW1 besides Soulstorm which I should probably check out aswell
Soulstorm is generally bad.... The air units sorta ruin gameplay to a big scale on it... DOW2 on the other hand, is simply amazing but did need other faction campaigns to make it even better, loved the expansion to it though.

Tau havnt been introduced yet in DOW2 yet... So if they bring out the Tau, it will be very interesting to know why they are there.
Old 2010-10-23, 01:54   Link #31
Gault
inc_mplete

I think the Taus adaption to the new engine would be perfect seeing how their Pathfinders work and Tau doctrine of battle(yes I literally played Table Top for abit) however since I only played the Demo I don't know the full extent of what Units you'll be given and how much of it , cause most Tau infantry rely on Devilfish , Tau battlesuits don't rely on cover , they rely on zig-zagging around the battlefield throwing destructive weapons about and I sincerely hope your Hero is in a Crisis suit and isn't a Ethereal
Old 2010-10-23, 02:02   Link #32
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
I think the Taus adaption to the new engine would be perfect seeing how their Pathfinders work and Tau doctrine of battle(yes I literally played Table Top for abit) however since I only played the Demo I don't know the full extent of what Units you'll be given and how much of it , cause most Tau infantry rely on Devilfish , Tau battlesuits don't rely on cover , they rely on zig-zagging around the battlefield throwing destructive weapons about and I sincerely hope your Hero is in a Crisis suit and isn't a Ethereal
Just from a guess, I think we will have your standard Fire Warriors, Kroot Carnivores, Pathfinders, Hammerhead Tank, Vespid Stingwings, defiantly XV25 Stealth Team for scouts (although their invisibility seems sorta OP here), XV8 Crisis Team, possibly the Greater Knarloc, and lastly the Devilfish Troop Carrier

Just some guesses on which units they will add, the Ethereal as a hero unit is a possibility, he is strong from range... But mostly useless in other cases... I hope for a Shas'O'Kais type hero
Old 2010-10-24, 06:19   Link #33
Gault
inc_mplete

I loathe Kroot or anything to do with them (my tabletop Army was TAU only , no Stingwings or Kroot whatsoever , also my TT Army was a mix of Waffen SS Panzergrenadier doctrine with Chinese/Taiwanese Singers as the heroes!)

Shas'O Kais , his armour was the new experimental Crisis Suit armour , hopefully since its 20+years of the events of the 1st DOW , there'd be atleast a few more popping around and hopefully not to Tau of Shas'O rank..
Old 2010-10-24, 06:22   Link #34
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Some more new info:

New info from PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer
- Missions are similar to Chaos rising in the fact they are carefully scripted but don't always end up with boss battles.
- Missions are unique to each race, with only a few being common to each campaign.
- Each campaign might not be in the same time period, Relic just said " it would give away the plot too much".
- Crates are back but now contain resources as well as wargear.
- You can decide to shelve a commander in favour of being able to have for example a seer council, basically double edged sword to what unit you decide to take with you.

"As you can tell, your decision about who to take often comes down to what abilities and kit you've unlocked for your heroes. The clever thing is that your not just upgrading the heroes themselves".

^^ That basically means you arent just unlocking wargears for one set of heroes, but also upgrading your core army.

- As previously said in earlier previews, at the end of each mission, you get to choose one reward, for example will you choose between an elite army unit or a powerful wargear for your commander?

- Tyraninds can fight tyraninds(disconnected from hivemind), Orkz can fight Orkz(different clans), and Eldar can fight eldar(different craftworlds).

Old 2010-10-24, 06:55   Link #35
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

I can understand the Tyranid vs Tyranid... Defiantly the Ork vs Ork... But Eldar vs Eldar? Even if they are from different craftworlds... Just awkward.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:54   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I can understand the Tyranid vs Tyranid... Defiantly the Ork vs Ork... But Eldar vs Eldar? Even if they are from different craftworlds... Just awkward.
Well most craftworlds have not communicated with each other for a long time since the Fall of the Eldar Empire. They might fight each other due suspicions that the other has been corrupted by Chaos or their Seers have arguments on which of their visions of the future is true.
Old 2010-10-25, 03:40   Link #37
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Conflicts between Eldar are no different from conflicts between man. Both sides are convinced they're right, and fight to get that right.
Old 2010-10-25, 06:01   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Righto. What Keroko said.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:35   Link #39
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Even the Tau, who are pretty much known for their whole unity shtick, have a secondary faction in the form of Farsight's enclaves. The 40K universe is build on everyone fighting everyone. No exceptions.
Old 2010-10-25, 16:29   Link #40
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Even the Tau, who are pretty much known for their whole unity shtick, have a secondary faction in the form of Farsight's enclaves. The 40K universe is build on everyone fighting everyone. No exceptions.
Arnt the Tau mostly built up of multiple factions? (Well.. The Vespids are rarely seen..) so wouldnt that make a possible Kroot secondary faction?