AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-14, 19:01   Link #1
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Good (J?)RPG's on DS

I had a topic '' Good old RPG's '' .. Now it's quite the opposite. I've played most of the oldies, so I want some recommendations for new ones. I don't want console games, just games for DS ( Cant be GBA because DSi ). The title has (J) because I'm not sure if there's actually any RPG's for DS that aren't Japanese

I don't really have any other requirements than that the story should be good in your opinion.

The only RPG's I've played so far are : Dragon Quest IX, FF Tactics A2 and TWEWY. I love all of these three .. But there must be more to play.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:00   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Chrono Trigger - too old school for me, but everyone loves it
Dragon Quest V - sweeping story that follows the protag throughout his life...
Final Fantasy IV - if you're into FF games at all... I would only play the undub, but that's just me
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - if you like Mario RPG games this is supposed to be the best on DS
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - dungeon crawler like Etrian Odyssey, but with a story
Suikoden Tierkreis - undub is pretty much required

Those are the ones I would consider.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:24   Link #3
kyouray
2D > 3D

I'd add Disgaea as essential T-RPG.
There's also Luminous Arc series but gameplay isn't as good as Disgaea or FF Tactics.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:40   Link #4
the hispanic viewer

I second Disegea and Chrono Trigger especially and If you can wait a while you should try the Golden Sun Game which I think is going to be awesome.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:51   Link #5
Dist

Well, like I said I had topic that covered old RPG's .. so I have obviously played Chrono Trigger. To be honest, I didn't like it very much for some reason but oh well.

I'll check those others out though as soon as I finish up IX. I don't like playing multiple RPG's at the same time but I wanted to know some in advance :P.

Still though, keep the suggestions coming if you got any.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:14   Link #6
qwertyuiopz

suikoden tierkreis is good theres 100+ chars
theres also a dbz rpg for ds and its pretty good too, not mediocre
Old 2010-08-15, 16:20   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
theres also a dbz rpg for ds and its pretty good too, not mediocre
Do you mean Dragon Ball Origins? Yeah it's pretty damn decent.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:26   Link #8
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do you mean Dragon Ball Origins? Yeah it's pretty damn decent.
attack of the saiyans
Old 2010-08-15, 18:50   Link #9
the hispanic viewer

You might laghf but how about Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Soul Silver/HeartGold? XD
Old 2010-08-15, 19:23   Link #10
Dist

I know of those and I will play Soul Silver or Gold, but I don't think of those as JRPG's. Technically they are, but not for me.

JRPG is something with when you travel from town to town, level up with your party, do quests and save the world ( usually the main story xD ). Pokemon is .. nothing like that.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:29   Link #11
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

If you like fun and varied cast with colorful personalities, then I def recommend Suikoden Tierkreis. I know that game is a crime to Suikoden series, but on its own its a very good game. Music is undoubtably gorgeous.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:45   Link #12
the hispanic viewer

Oh okay cause I thoght that you thoght the J only meant that in came from Japan XD. Cause I was confused to rather If I should list it or not but story wise its not that intresting to others. But ya alot of good requests are already posted thogh its a shame that the tales DS games are only in japan :/
Old 2010-08-16, 01:56   Link #13
freak
You cant fight the future

If you havent already play megaman zero series... i dont know how... find a way
Old 2010-08-16, 03:13   Link #14
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I highly recommand Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor and Infinity Space !
Old 2010-08-16, 04:14   Link #15
Rikimtasu
Dokan!

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
What about the Rune Factory series?
When RPG and farming came together!
Old 2010-08-16, 16:27   Link #16
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
The DS remake of Final Fantasy IV.

Also Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. This game is actually really quite good despite the presence of non-protagonist Vaan.

For a metroidvania with RPG elements, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is one of my absolute favorite DS games. Hard as fuck though.

For RPGs you really should have gotten a PSP, honestly.
Old 2010-08-16, 17:41   Link #17
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The DS remake of Final Fantasy IV.

Also Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. This game is actually really quite good despite the presence of non-protagonist Vaan.

For a metroidvania with RPG elements, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is one of my absolute favorite DS games. Hard as fuck though.

For RPGs you really should have gotten a PSP, honestly.
No really no. There are more RPG on DS than on PSP. And I thought that you didn't play on console ?
Old 2010-08-16, 18:06   Link #18
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I have a DS, but it's broken (top screen is cracked). And I never said I only play on PC--I just only play on PC now because it's all I have. I'm not a fangirl for either platform, but given a choice between a console game and a PC game, I'll usually take the PC game with the higher resolutions and better input devices.
Old 2010-08-16, 22:26   Link #19
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I don't mean to hijack the thread but saves me making one myself as I'm also in the market looking for new JRPGs for the DS.
Gotta ask is FF Tatics A2 anygood, I've been meaning to find a copy which ain't easy where I am.

Guess I'll have to have another look at what the stores around here, pretty sure one of them had few good pre-owned stuff lying around. Should be cheap as chips
Old 2010-08-17, 00:10   Link #20
Dist

Tactics A2 is amazing. I really love this game. Even though I pretty much completed it, I still keep playing it to unlock more classes and get ultimate builds in it. I've played now for 80 hours and there's still LOTS of to do '

You can always get R4 ( or other flashcard ) and download the game if you can't get it otherwise, although Im pretty sure there are alot of shops that will shit overseas, no matter where you live.

for Syna : PSP might have some RPG's, though I doubt it has more than DS. Whatever the case, I didn't buy DS just because of RPG's. There's also all those mario games I wish to play later on, and Tactics A2, Dragon Quest IX and playing TWEWY again was what got me to decide that I really need to get that DS.