AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-08-22, 00:31   Link #81
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Did someone say that we'd get arrested for viewing or downloading a video clip? That this is a criminal act, on the Internet?

Guess this is what you call a revolution.
To download a video clip that you don't have explicit permission to view (i.e. you don't own the license, and didn't ask and receive permission from the copyright holder by buying or asking) is illegal, yes. It's just that most no one gets in trouble on the internet for it.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 01:43   Link #82
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Wow, that blog post was nice.

Especially after reading this:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6217.html
Where the author tells the illegal sharers to all go get cancer. Haha, reminds me of the days you'd go "I'm going to kill you if you touch my stuff" and all.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:51   Link #83
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So? What about when someone records something one and they strip out the commercials?
I believe fair use still applies (in the US) when you are watching something you recorded.

Quote:
If someone didn't care about something, they wouldn't do it. Fansubbers sub shows they like and want to watch, and there is also a sort of pride/ego thing, too. Gets their name out there as one of the biggest and/or quickest fansubbing groups. Thus, the vast majority of people who fansub want to do a goob and/or love what they do.
Rarely do they "like" them. More often than not, the reason is "This looks interesting" and they don't know a thing. Also, it is very common to work on stuff one hates/doesn't care about because one member of the staff happens to like it. I don't think one person liking it can be counted as the group actually liking it.

Quote:
When I torrent something, no one is making a profit. I have adblock installed, so even when I stream I'm not viewing any ads. Thus, no profit for anyone there, either.
Most of the web doesn't have adblock and there are ads on the sites hosting the torrents or the links to the torrents or whatever. This isn't the fansubbers who are trying to make the profit for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wow, that blog post was nice.

Especially after reading this:
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6217.html
Where the author tells the illegal sharers to all go get cancer. Haha, reminds me of the days you'd go "I'm going to kill you if you touch my stuff" and all.
English translation of the conversation now posted on ANN.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote