AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-12, 10:51   Link #1981
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

And there's that.

Old 2011-04-12, 12:01   Link #1982
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
And Kawamori just stated in that interview that without the memory, Alto would've love Sheryl like he did in the series. So the memory is what made you guys win. Thank Kawamori for that.
Huh? In what... interview... That one, Kawamori stated that memory was added to make sense why Alto fell for Sheryl IN THE MOVIE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Uhh, aren't you forgetting that Ranka also got a past with Alto that never existed in the series? They obviously knew each other from before the movie started, and they obviously only just met during episode 1 of the series.
Exactly... Ranka got exactly the same pass (time constrains).

Both changes were used as plot device like Misa and Hikaru living months in the destroyed Earth that we DIDN'T see. We didn't need to see that relationship building because it happened in the TV series.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-12 at 12:14.
Old 2011-04-12, 13:58   Link #1983
kujoe
from head to heel

By its very nature, a love triangle is unfair... unless it never gets resolved, which in that case, it would be unfair to all involved in it. Eventually, a resolution is reached, and such would inevitably result in one or two of the three realizing their feelings for each other are stronger to the point that the triangle is dramatically broken. (Alternatively, a resolution can also happen if all three decide to split and go their own way, or choose to be together as three partners.)

This could be for a number of reasons, from signifcant shared experiences, pasts, turning points, and what have you. The point is the same: despite it being a matter of perspective, it's always unfair. But this does not take anything away from it in terms of emotional value and character growth. That's why there's a lot of drama in it. Perhaps a better example of this is the classic love triangle in the franchise: Hikaru/Misa/Minmei.
Old 2011-04-12, 16:08   Link #1984
magnuskn

Quote:
Do you see now? Otherwise, Ranka would've won. So Sheryl won in the most stupid and idiotic way: creating a past that, in the series, never existed. In that manner of speaking, you got your asses kicked. Because if that memory didn't exist, realize that Ranka would've won in the movie.

I know that sounded a little rude, the "got your asses kicked" part, but I'm also having a lot of pain in my head. Have to go to get an MRI done now... pain... /leaves/
Yes, because actual feelings and plot don't come into effect in romances, only who saw the guy first. <facepalm>
Old 2011-04-12, 16:32   Link #1985
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Do you see now? Otherwise, Ranka would've won. So Sheryl won in the most stupid and idiotic way: creating a past that, in the series, never existed. In that manner of speaking, you got your asses kicked. Because if that memory didn't exist, realize that Ranka would've won in the movie.
Its fine if you believe Sheryl won in the most stupid and idiotic way. It is still a far cry compared to Ranka, who was just... stupid and idiotic.

That is, in addition to her self-inflicting wounds and kicked her own ass. Not that your sore-loser reputation is helping any, seeing how your actions only serve to fuel our loathing for her.

And you are the last person I want to hear lecturing us on what proper perspectives we should assume for Alto .

I don't know how far you are going to push this, but the more you push it, the worse you look. As far as what you believe should be seen, no dear, nobody sees what you see, only yourself in a certain dark corner repeating falsehoods that were never meant to be. It is certainly an act you are welcomed to commit, just don't run away under the pretense of some imaginary inconvenience when your statements are subject to severe scrutiny.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2011-04-12 at 17:46.
Old 2011-04-12, 22:26   Link #1986
marce_chany
Rikuo x Tsurara 4 ever!!!

Quote:
]That is, in addition to her self-inflicting wounds and kicked her own ass. Not that your sore-loser reputation is helping any, seeing how your actions only serve to fuel our loathing for her.

And you are the last person I want to hear lecturing us on what proper perspectives we should assume for Alto .

I don't know how far you are going to push this, but the more you push it, the worse you look. As far as what you believe should be seen, no dear, nobody sees what you see, only yourself in a certain dark corner repeating falsehoods that were never meant to be. It is certainly an act you are welcomed to commit, just don't run away under the pretense of some imaginary inconvenience when your statements are subject to severe scrutiny.

- Tak
AMEN!!!!Tak

Sheryl won why can't accept that!? knowing for 1 year from a lifetime she won, Alto fell in love with her even years later and NEVER fell in love with Ranka, in the movie as in the series Alto never saw Ranka in romantic way, especially in the movie, and the series also.
This is not about: What would happen if? Sheryl or might not have existed? This is a story of a love triangle and ranka had all the things to win... Sheryl and Alto met once when they were childrens!! once just once! however ranka already had an established long "friend relationship" with Alto as adults so that the past has nothing to do.... Sheryl won, because Alto fell in love with her like adults and in that moment ranka was fighting for his love too so is the same

Ranka did not lose because Alto and Sheryl have a past, lost because from the beginning Alto never saw her in a romantic way
Old 2011-04-12, 22:45   Link #1987
teelatsuki

I say is better to leave it at that I mean at the very least when it was justavisitor it seemed like we all actualy watched the same show but with LoveMeKags I think it's not the case.

-----------------

Now that I have spoiled myself almost all the movie i want to know how many places are still showing it?

I want to have an idea of when will the DVD be out (my positive side hopes for it being released in october!!! and that is being positive)
Old 2011-04-12, 23:28   Link #1988
raile
<3
*Author

I don't mind if it gets released on October, it would make a good birthday present for me. But for all we know it might get it's release a year later (so 2012, I guess) just like Itsuwari no Utahime.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:45   Link #1989
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I don't mind if it gets released on October, it would make a good birthday present for me. But for all we know it might get it's release a year later (so 2012, I guess) just like Itsuwari no Utahime.
Your born in October?
Small world, me too. 14th.

/has buried the hatchet by recommendation of doctor/

I doubt it will be released this year. As far as I heard, they had another earthquake there (according to our news). I don't know if it's true but I'm just putting that out there. Also, they have so much crap going on right now in the Japanese government and our American government (which is helping them); I think they might end up postponing it until everything is resolved.

Edit:
Thank you for the concern, karice67. It ended up being rescheduled. Our air conditioner is broken and so I'm going to see if my headaches are coming from the 88 degree temperature. (It's hot in the house, but it's 40 degress outside.) /dies from heat/ Thank god I have a fan in here.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2011-04-13 at 00:26.
Old 2011-04-14, 06:46   Link #1990
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce_chany View Post
Ranka did not lose because Alto and Sheryl have a past, lost because from the beginning Alto never saw her in a romantic way[/B]
Is this from the series or the movie(s)?
Old 2011-04-14, 07:30   Link #1991
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
This is the movie thread so we're talking about the 2nd movie
Old 2011-04-14, 13:28   Link #1992
marce_chany
Rikuo x Tsurara 4 ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
yes, I meant the movie, because only in the movie you can see the REAL FINAL, but in my case I am sure that in the final series is also the Alto x Sheryl, because I really think that Alto saw Ranka like a little sister
Old 2011-04-14, 23:16   Link #1993
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce_chany View Post
because I really think that Alto saw Ranka like a little sister
If that was the case, then his reaction to the knowledge that he'd be kissing Ranka in the underwater scene wouldn't have been such a big deal to him. I mean, I can understand Ranka, but freaking out and blushing both times... that kinda gave away that he did find her attractive but would never admit it. A common response, whilst Sheryl doesn't get that same response. With the exception of Ep15.
Old 2011-04-14, 23:26   Link #1994
raile
<3
*Author

^Well to be fair, if you found out you unknowingly signed up to be a stunt for a scene, where it involved kissing one of your friends, wouldn't you freak out a little? Alto's reaction was pretty understandable, and when things calmed down, he became professional about it, given his background. With Sheryl, he was taken by surprise and the look on his face kinda says how he was thinking about the situation (i.e. the thought of Sheryl actually being interested in him that way). Of course, until Sheryl drops the ball as if she had just been playing around.

In any case, after the stunt scene, only Ranka seemed to translate it as something more, whereas Alto just wrote it off as acting.

This suddenly feels like one of those *series-airing time* moments...OTL
Anyway, I'm glad the movie ended the triangle. No more nonsense on the love front.
Old 2011-04-15, 00:21   Link #1995
Thess

^
I suggest to move this conversation to the romance thread.

Finally: waiting for reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Anyway, I'm glad the movie ended the triangle. No more nonsense on the love front.
Me too. Now I can write a Sheryl/Ranka hurt/comfort post movies fic.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-15 at 01:15.
Old 2011-04-15, 01:07   Link #1996
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
^
I suggest to move this conversation to the romance thread.
And what he said.

Edit again: Or I can just do what LMK did and move this there too...
Old 2011-04-15, 04:53   Link #1997
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So much for what Yot-Chan thought he saw.
Uh-huh.

You're putting me in a difficult position here.
Old 2011-04-15, 05:50   Link #1998
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Uh-huh.

You're putting me in a difficult position here.
Do tell.
Old 2011-04-15, 06:11   Link #1999
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Do tell.
Uh, yeah. I've got two choices here: let your comment slide, which makes it look like I'm accepting your view...or respond to you, which makes me look like a dick, and rubs your nose in the obvious

Which should I choose?
Old 2011-04-15, 06:15   Link #2000
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Uh, yeah. I've got two choices here: let your comment slide, which makes it look like I'm accepting your view...or respond to you, which makes me look like a dick, and rubs your nose in the obvious

Which should I choose?
Up to you. I'm not that interested in another "high on my horse" lecture, to be honest.

Tags
mecha, military, movie, romance, science fiction, song