AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-14, 17:49   Link #2401
Lancel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Our hopes & dreams must be emphasized!

- Tak
I see I'm not the only one who noticed that first one was a little slim on Hopes and Dreams as well.
Lancel is offline  
Old 2011-09-14, 18:24   Link #2402
Mavrickjubei
U Get What U Expect
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Age: 40
Send a message via Yahoo to Mavrickjubei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I'm pre-ordering it for my birthday on the 14 of October. Hopefully it'll be here on the 12am marker on the 20th... if not sooner... or a day later. I pray it'll be soon. I'm dying to see Ranka perform Love is a Dogfight!
So where are you pre-ordering it from and who is the distributor? Don't make the mistake I made when I ordered the complete Macross Frontier series which came with the packed with the first movie in an attractive metal polish tin case with the letters LF emblossed on front.

Very nice, right?! The surprise came when I popped it into my player and noticed that the dialog was subtitled in english but the song lyrics were not. How lazy can a company be to not subtitle the lyrics.

Make sure that your pre-order is not from a company name animeLF or animeLV. Make sure you inquire about that from the company.
__________________
Mavrickjubei is offline  
Old 2011-09-14, 20:21   Link #2403
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrickjubei View Post
So where are you pre-ordering it from and who is the distributor? Don't make the mistake I made when I ordered the complete Macross Frontier series which came with the packed with the first movie in an attractive metal polish tin case with the letters LF emblossed on front.

Very nice, right?! The surprise came when I popped it into my player and noticed that the dialog was subtitled in english but the song lyrics were not. How lazy can a company be to not subtitle the lyrics.

Make sure that your pre-order is not from a company name animeLF or animeLV. Make sure you inquire about that from the company.
Hm, I just ordered it through Amazon Japan. It's difficult for me to figure out where to pre-order when some stores don't ship to the U.S. anymore.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2011-09-14, 22:15   Link #2404
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
The best quality is always in the DVD/BD.
Sheryl looks so delicious in the re-edited version, yummy hair~
Alto looks even handsomer too.
__________________
raile is offline  
Old 2011-09-14, 22:43   Link #2405
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
The best quality is always in the DVD/BD.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Alto looks even handsomer too.
My mom still insists he looks like an old man.
Me, he kinda looks like a woman the way he just throws that earring on and goes "gun ho". That wasn't one of his best shots from the trailer. When he looked at the earring was better. He looked more sentimental and grown up compared to multiple shots from the TV series.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 02:58   Link #2406
woodearth
Ramen Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Spoiler for Cameo:
__________________
MyAnimeList
ラーメンは文化!

Last edited by woodearth; 2011-09-15 at 11:42. Reason: Changed to spoiler. Thanks Yot-chan.
woodearth is online now  
Old 2011-09-15, 04:07   Link #2407
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Our hopes & dreams must be emphasized!

- Tak
Wow, am I happy that the first translation we got of that episode ( from gg, I think? ) featured that particular expression. Other translations have been less inspiring.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 07:51   Link #2408
Lancel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wow, am I happy that the first translation we got of that episode ( from gg, I think? ) featured that particular expression. Other translations have been less inspiring.
That line is a freaking classic.
Lancel is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 09:27   Link #2409
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
That line is a freaking classic.
I don't know what other translations were out there, but hopes & dreams was as straightforward of a translation of that particular line as you can get.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 09:30   Link #2410
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Spoiler for movie stuff:
You, uh...might want to spoiler-tag your post...

Spoiler for Anyway, the answer::
__________________
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 18:42   Link #2411
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know what other translations were out there, but hopes & dreams was as straightforward of a translation of that particular line as you can get.

- Tak
THORA, for example, had "dreams and desires", which is quite less inspiring.

Lol, just checked the scene again to be sure and the way Alto just looks totally unflustered at Sheryl grabbing her own boobs cracked me up.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2011-09-15, 23:50   Link #2412
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
I just realized that I'm gonna be a bit depressed after the movie comes out... Because this is the final and there will be nothing more, it's sad. I wanted to see more of Ranka. I wanted to see more scenes and focus on her. Since the movies seem to focus way more on Sheryl... it just depresses me. Ranka is a good character too. Not to mention, I wanted to see more of Bobby as well, Klan, Michael, and Nanase, even Luca... Macross F came to an end too soon to me.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 00:35   Link #2413
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I just realized that I'm gonna be a bit depressed after the movie comes out... Because this is the final and there will be nothing more, it's sad. I wanted to see more of Ranka. I wanted to see more scenes and focus on her. Since the movies seem to focus way more on Sheryl... it just depresses me. Ranka is a good character too. Not to mention, I wanted to see more of Bobby as well, Klan, Michael, and Nanase, even Luca... Macross F came to an end too soon to me.
You could always start wading through the TONS of mediocre Frontier comics.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 01:37   Link #2414
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You could always start wading through the TONS of mediocre Frontier comics.
It's always better animated is what I've learned. First of all, it's easier to get higher quality and 90% easier to translate vocals than written language when it comes to fansubbers. I hope that Kawamori at least decides to make another Nyan Nyan Clip.

And you know what just occurred to me: when Alto dresses as a loli in the movie, he looks a lot like Sara from Macross Zero.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 09:11   Link #2415
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Yeah, although I obviously come from the other side at the conondrum ( could there be please more SxA and less Ranka? More Klan, Michael, Ozma and Bobby and less mushroom head and Vajra? ), I feel your pain. It feels too soon for there be a dictate of "no more Macross Frontier". There should be some OVA's at least, even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 09:23   Link #2416
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
One of the seven great mysteries of Satelight.

I still cannot comprehend the reason as to why 7 was so prolific...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 10:00   Link #2417
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
There should be some OVA's at least, even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
Not really "many." Technically, only one: Dynamite 7. Two, if you're counting Macross 7 Encore, which really was just unbroadcast TV episodes.

But yeah...I understand the frustration that Macross 7 remains the longest Macross series. I'm tellin' ya (and I think y'all'll agree)...Macross 7 should've had at least 12 fewer episodes, and Frontier should've had 12 more.

Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments. Then 25 would be just fine.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 10:24   Link #2418
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments.
That is still a vastly better proposition than having to endure 12 more episodes of Basara's virtual phallus.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 10:33   Link #2419
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Not really "many." Technically, only one: Dynamite 7. Two, if you're counting Macross 7 Encore, which really was just unbroadcast TV episodes.

But yeah...I understand the frustration that Macross 7 remains the longest Macross series. I'm tellin' ya (and I think y'all'll agree)...Macross 7 should've had at least 12 fewer episodes, and Frontier should've had 12 more.

Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments. Then 25 would be just fine.
That depends if Sheryl was wearing them at that moment.

But, yeah, episode eight was kinda lame. Although it had some nice moments, too, barring the horrible animation. Especially Lucas wild fantasy...
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2011-09-16, 10:40   Link #2420
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That is still a vastly better proposition than having to endure 12 more episodes of Basara's virtual phallus.

- Tak
You've, uh...got a point there. As does Magnus.

Still...12 more episodes of "wacky fanservice high school comedy" Frontier wouldn't have been welcome by me...I can't speak for you guys.
__________________
Yot-chan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, military, movie, romance, science fiction, song

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.