AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-27, 01:53   Link #1701
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Very nice. Thanks, darkplataform.
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 04:32   Link #1702
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
First, let me just say: gonna cry. These pics are beautiful, darkplataform.

Spoiler for pics:


Thanks again for the pics! I just thought I'd give ya a little fun with reading my opinion. No, I'm not assuming things, I'm just going off their facial expressions.

The "caught in the act" expression doesn't do justice to this movie.
__________________

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2011-03-27 at 06:12.
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 09:30   Link #1703
darkplataform
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 26
Exclamation

moar!!
Spoiler for .:
__________________
.
darkplataform is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 10:01   Link #1704
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
As usual, some people are over-analyzing things.

Anyway, thank you very much again, darkaplatform!
Spoiler for On the finale:
__________________
raile is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 10:05   Link #1705
Lancel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Once again, I'm going to actually wait to see the movie to make any kind of analysis (although she's looking at Grace, as opposed to staring at Hime), though some of this has set up theories. The glow around Ranka could be the most telling thing of the ending.

Also, that explosion is awesome.
Lancel is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 10:18   Link #1706
SS13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
Triangle is over. Being in denial is kind of saddening. You can still write fanfiction, enjoy pretty fanart and doujin... and have speculation if it'll affect the TV series?
Triangle is over... in the movie verse. But after comparing the stories, and especially after taking into account that there are two novel sets, and two
manga sets, and the last "Kiss of the Galaxy" manga (see manga thread), one can only arrive to the conclusion that the movie verse has nothing to do with
series verse. There simply is no way to reconcile the storylines and charachters (just compare Grace, for example). These are different charachters in a different story (they just so happen to share names), so what happens in the one does not have repercussions for the other. So the
Spoiler for resolution:
has no effect on Choice of Series-verse Alto. So the series' triangle is not over.

Note that it is not uncommon for Real-Life-Based movies to overdramatise the story they are based on ("Saving Private Ryan" and "Effi Briest", for example.)
Thus it is entirely possible that
Spoiler for Resolution:
.

In fact the MAIN ONE reason the second movie is so irritating is that it doesn't look like a last part. The movie would work great... as second part of a trilogy, with the ending providing a hook. Just imagine Lucas would stop Star Wars at "Empire Strikes Back"- he would get the same irritation. And if the movie story continues (say, inside of MF universe),
Spoiler for WhatIf:


Another irritating point is the treatment of Sheryl. I really don't think The Aru/Sherry shippers are happy with the movie.
Spoiler for WTF:


Spoiler for Further Discussion:
SS13 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 11:16   Link #1707
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Hmm... I'm not so sure. I'm fairly awesome myself, yet even I occasionally need some help waking up.

Sheryl looks ridiculously cute in some of those screenshots.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 11:26   Link #1708
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Hmm... I'm not so sure. I'm fairly awesome myself, yet even I occasionally need some help waking up.

Sheryl looks ridiculously cute in some of those screenshots.
Indeed, most of them make you go HNGHH and D'AAWW.
__________________
raile is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 11:28   Link #1709
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS13 View Post
Triangle is over... in the movie verse. But after comparing the stories, and especially after taking into account that there are two novel sets, and two
manga sets, and the last "Kiss of the Galaxy" manga (see manga thread), one can only arrive to the conclusion that the movie verse has nothing to do with
series verse. There simply is no way to reconcile the storylines and charachters (just compare Grace, for example). These are different charachters in a different story (they just so happen to share names), so what happens in the one does not have repercussions for the other. So the
Spoiler for resolution:
has no effect on Choice of Series-verse Alto. So the series' triangle is not over.
Actually yes it is over. You haven't been paying much attention to the interviews if you think that it only applies to the movie verse. It was advertised as the end of the triangle. And even if you do ignore the movie you have Yoshino who was responsible for the tv series who outright said that Alto was more interested in Sheryl than Ranka.

Quote:
[spoiler]Note that it is not uncommon for Real-Life-Based movies to overdramatise the story they are based on ("Saving Private Ryan" and "Effi Briest", for example.)
Thus it is entirely possible that
Spoiler for Resolution:
.
I really don't understand where your coming across saying this when the tv series ending was the one that was decided on last minute.
Spoiler for for the ending of the movie:


Quote:
In fact the MAIN ONE reason the second movie is so irritating is that it doesn't look like a last part. The movie would work great... as second part of a trilogy, with the ending providing a hook. Just imagine Lucas would stop Star Wars at "Empire Strikes Back"- he would get the same irritation. And if the movie story continues (say, inside of MF universe),
Spoiler for WhatIf:
Shouldn't you wait until you actually see the movie before you say this?
Spoiler for for the ending:


Quote:
Another irritating point is the treatment of Sheryl. I really don't think The Aru/Sherry shippers are happy with the movie.
Spoiler for WTF:
I ship Sheryl/Alto and I like the movie ending just fine. Sheryl is more like the way she was at the end of the tv series. And again shouldn't you wait until you see the movie before you pass judgment on it?

Quote:
Spoiler for Further Discussion:
I will like to reiterate that you should wait until you actually see the movie before you pass judgment. Also Ranka didn't sound at all upset about the fact that
Spoiler for triangle end:
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 14:19   Link #1710
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS13 View Post
So the series' triangle is not over.
Only in the sense that, barring Sheryl falling down a well, Ranka has a snowball in hell's chance of ever "winning " Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Sheryl looks ridiculously cute in some of those screenshots.
Chibi-Sheryl for the win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Alto not turning down Ranka in the tv series was actually Yoshino's idea, in fact the entire last episode was Yoshino's idea.
Now I know whom to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Besides Kawamori was entertaining ideas of killing off Alto in the Tv series
Uh, source? I never heard of that before.
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 15:11   Link #1711
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post


Uh, source? I never heard of that before.
a few pages back.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 15:36   Link #1712
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
a few pages back.
I couldn't find it on the last eight pages. Since you seem to have seen it, could you look it up, please? From where is that quote, anyway?
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 15:41   Link #1713
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
@magnus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler for length:
There you go.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 15:51   Link #1714
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
@magnus:

There you go.
Uh, that was said in jest in a conversation with the seiyuus about the second movie. Not about the TV series.
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 16:00   Link #1715
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Uh, that was said in jest in a conversation with the seiyuus about the second movie. Not about the TV series.
Spoiler for movie:
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 16:02   Link #1716
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Spoiler for movie:
Well, "wondering about that" does not mean that Kawamori said that he wanted to kill Alto in the series.
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 17:16   Link #1717
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, "wondering about that" does not mean that Kawamori said that he wanted to kill Alto in the series.
Well it kinda came across that way to me.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 17:34   Link #1718
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Well it kinda came across that way to me.
The girls were joking with Kawamori about him finally ending the triangle in the second movie, and he teased them first with killing Alto insteaad. It's a clear reference to the second movie, not the the TV series.
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Old 2011-03-27, 17:47   Link #1719
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The girls were joking with Kawamori about him finally ending the triangle in the second movie, and he teased them first with killing Alto insteaad. It's a clear reference to the second movie, not the the TV series.
That's the thing it seems more like the girls were joking but Kawamori wasn't.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 18:00   Link #1720
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
That's the thing it seems more like the girls were joking but Kawamori wasn't.
Yeah, but he still was referring to movie Alto, not series Alto.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's late and I should be long sleeping. ^^Have a good night!
__________________
magnuskn is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, military, movie, romance, science fiction, song

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.