AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-18, 02:00   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
[Manga] Chapter 506 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Spoiler released...

Quote:
-Gai and Kisame talk; various gags and jokes ensue.

-Kisame reveals the plan with Samehade.

-Somehow Samehade steals all of Kirabi’s chakra…

-Cut to Naruto…who has sprained his ankle from moving to fast…

-Cut back to Gai and Kisame. Kisame attempts to flee, but Gai, using the Gates, is in hot pursuit. Both Gai and Kisame summon (a Turtle and Shark, respectively), and Kisame gives his summon a scroll of information…

-The fight continues…next chapter, the conclusion…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-18 at 07:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 03:01   Link #2
nines
I much prefer the 2d
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Frontier
Age: 22
Can't wait to see Gai vs Kisame 2.0 hopefully we'll see if Gai plays any relevance in the story anymore instead of just comic relief.
__________________
nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 04:30   Link #3
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Source: NF

A few lines before shounensuki translates the whole thing:

Guy uses Morning Peacock, Kisame summons a shark, Guy opens the seventh gate, and Kisame uses Water Release: Great Shark Missile Technique, the technique his Zetsu clone was about to use before being decapitated.

Naruto twists his ankle, Yamato makes a brace for him.
Hahaha, apparently Kyuubi mode doesn't give the same power boost as Sage mode. Ie I don't think he could've twisted his ankle in Sage mode. He'll probably heal fast enough, (especially if he decides to gather sage chakra in the meantime)but I doubt he's going to heal fast enough to participate in the fight against Kisame.

So Gai+Killerbee+two random chuunins VS Kisame.

Still tight.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 05:12   Link #4
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Sage mode greatly enhance his....body's strength? making him harder than usual. Kyuubi probably has greater attacking power; e.g speed, power hightened senses, but doesn't have the defensive qualities sage mode had. Guess that's the downside to unlimited time compared to 5 minute bursts.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 06:06   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Hahaha, apparently Kyuubi mode doesn't give the same power boost as Sage mode. Ie I don't think he could've twisted his ankle in Sage mode. He'll probably heal fast enough, (especially if he decides to gather sage chakra in the meantime)but I doubt he's going to heal fast enough to participate in the fight against Kisame.

So Gai+Killerbee+two random chuunins VS Kisame.

Still tight.
If you ask me. This is completely stupid. A common thing for us... to twist our ankles or wrists now suddenly applies to one of the most powerfull ninja's Naruto? Is this supposed to be another clumpsy action?

From what we've seen... people smashing through walls, punching against concrete walls, bleeding eyes... bleeding ears (Lee)... now Naruto twists his ankle? What a lame decision to make sure that Naruto can't fight Kisame properly.

Not just that... i suddenly recalled that his legs were fractured during the Sannin Battle.... yet he stood up against Kabuto and Rasenganned his sorry ass against a rock. So what is a twisted ankle to Naruto at this point? disappointing
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 07:54   Link #6
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Yeah, this is one of Kishimoto's more BS moves...

In other news, the OP is updated with the most recent spoilers...

That being said, lots of fighting this chapter, but nothing really interesting, besides Kisame attempting to send off some info to Madara, occurs. Thankfully next chapter will finish this fight...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 08:57   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-Like Mr. Johnny 5 stated: why does logic all of a sudden apply to Naruto? I mean the damn fool survived much, much worse yet now all of a sudden twisting his ankle is a big deal? Getting a Chidori through his shoulder? No problem. Getting impaled by Pain's Wonder Spikes? No sweat. Being poisoned by Sakura's own kunai? Just walks it off. But if he twists his ankle? Oh no, big trouble. Seriously, I don't have a problem with him staying out of this fight but at least give me a decent reason as to why he can't participate. If the reason was that his powers are not perfected then it would have been fine. A twisted ankle on a guy that just made the Kyuubi his personal slave is not a good reason.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 09:35   Link #8
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Meh, it's Kishimoto's way of telling you the difference between Kyuubi and Sage mode. That's really it, you don't need to look into it that much. Sure he's willed himself back on his feet from very serious wounds, but is this particular situation desperate enough to warrant that? In the Sannin battle, Naruto was pushed into a corner. Here? Well, I don't see why he wouldn't sit down and treat his injury.

Sure, Kisame was spying on them etc. but it seems Naruto has confidence in KillerB's abilities. + There are other ninjas on the island and heck, Yamato can go back them up if need be.

Also, as per usual, reading the actual chapter will be better than reading the spoilers.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 10:05   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-El Frenchie that would be fine, except we know it is not like Naruto at all to willfuly sit back and relax while others do the work around him. All I'm saying is that a sprained ankle being a serious enough hinderance to a guy that just became godly is really pushing it. But, it'll have to do for now I guess...
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 10:12   Link #10
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
how many gates are there? I'm actually pretty excited to see Gai vs Kisame.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 10:24   Link #11
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
how many gates are there? I'm actually pretty excited to see Gai vs Kisame.
There are eight gates...
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:23   Link #12
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
What??? In all of Naruto's new h4x-ness, he is hhindered because of a twisted ankle?? Those exist in Naruto?
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:31   Link #13
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
There are eight gates...
If he use the last gate "eightgate" = Death.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:48   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
What??? In all of Naruto's new h4x-ness, he is hhindered because of a twisted ankle?? Those exist in Naruto?
Yeah... it's crazy. My prediction. Kisame flees... but Gai rips his cloths and his shoes. Therefor he needs to buy new ones to replace it... the other jounins their clothes are dirty from the battle and so they will have to clean it and let it dry. Not only that he has punched a freaking sword with sharp needles so his hands are bleeding and to prevent further infections he needs medicine right away.

Naruto's socks have ripped from stomping in the ground so he has to buy new sandels and socks. If Kishimoto is going to take this to a sudden reality arc then he should do it proper.

what the hell...

I still can't believe it. Fukitsu Naruto has been totally correct. Naruto has been punched through the chest several times. There's no way a kunai could ever kill ninja's such as Naruto and Sasuke. But Yahiko dies after one simple stab.

- Orochimaru gets a part of his soul ripped but seems fine a couple years later.
- Sasuke cried since the beginning that he would revive the clan. Each time well.. especially Sakura cried to make sure that Sasuke would understand that she'd do ANYTHING for him. She'd gladly revive the clan with him.
- Gaara returns from the dead.
- Sasuke has mini-bombs that no longer work within his blood... and he's still fine. In fact he's never been sick i believe.

But Naruto... gets a 1 hit - disqualification after a sprain in his ankle!?
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:55   Link #15
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I want to say those spoilers are fake simply because he gets a sprained ankle. I mean, c'mon! Kyuubi's chakra once healed a half-destroyed lung and other mortal wounds! Is Kishi trying to tell me that it can't heal a sprained ankle? Especially after he acquired full control of the Kyuubi's chakra? That's impossible. But on an unrelated note, I have to say that I kinda prefer Sage mode over this simply because Naruto had to work for it and had to use his guts and cleverness to use it effectively in battle, and ended up winning against the Akatsuki's second strongest man. The sprained ankle isn't doing anything to change my mind about this either.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:00   Link #16
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
There are eight gates...
lol I couldn't remember how many gates there are...haven't really seen Gai or Rock Lee in action lately this will be interesting
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:01   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
You forgot the time Pain stabbed him throughout all his body and disrupted his chakra so he couldn't move.

How the kyuubi literally burns his skin off and regenerates it at a constant speed and he is surrounded by chakra so potent it poisons people it touches yet in his controlled kyuubi form it can't heal a sprained ankle?

I'm pretty sure in Naruto paper cuts (Konan) are more of a worry than a broken leg, hell Jiraiya had his throat crushed and got impaled by 5 pains and revived himself through sheer willpower, something that Naruto has in supplies so large it is bigger than Kaiba's ego.

Oh yeah just remembered Lee who had half of his body crushed still did exercise despite the risk to his body, I bet little kids would call Naruto a pussy for stopping because he has a sprained ankle, Kakashi lost all his chakra and he was only slightly dead IMO Pain's regeneration thing was only like a defibriliator to Kakashi.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:19   Link #18
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
If he use the last gate "eightgate" = Death.
Lol maybe...I want to see Gai open all gates...he'd probably trained his body enough to withstand the death penalty of doing so but meh Idc lol i don't care much for Gai whether he dies or not just open all the gates =0
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:23   Link #19
Master Knight DH
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Whoa. I expect Guy will make a Heroic Sacrifice very soon. I hope he can manage to put up a good enough fight at least.
__________________
My devArt account. Not anime quality but enjoy.
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:25   Link #20
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
everyone seems to want Gai to die lol, well at least they hope he's heroic in the end...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.