AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-02, 17:34   Link #281
Sweetchinmusic

im on episode 120 now lol. its the most episodes ive ever seen in any manga!!!! has everyone here seen all the episodes?

Hey domino, i was on play asia, and the graphics of some of the tennis games, dont seem tooo good lol. but if you say they are i might get one lol. can you do the specials and stuff for each person?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:34   Link #282
virgopalz

haha..yeah ive seen all the episodes..im now currenly at episode 115..haha..i watched finish everything and i redownload and rewatch them..haha..the anime ends at 178..haha..
virgopalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:07   Link #283
Sweetchinmusic

i know ive got all the eps lol just watching them slowly lol. I really dont understand the manga though i mean its got musicals, every month releases of soundtracks etc (according to domino) but its not even that popular? why is that?oh i downloaded a musical (sorry dom i know its not good lol) its the dream live one. i aint seen it yet though

anyone seen that?
Old 2006-01-03, 21:24   Link #284
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Hey domino, i was on play asia, and the graphics of some of the tennis games, dont seem tooo good lol. but if you say they are i might get one lol. can you do the specials and stuff for each person?
I don't really care about graphics, so I don't know how to rate them, but I've never once thought of the games I played having bad graphics. Their main features aren't the graphics anyway... they're mainly 2D artwork (colored manga-style pictures) and text, so graphics aren't important.

And yes, every game I've played has featured special moves for every character (like Tezuka Zone for Tezuka, Moon Volley for Oishi, etc...). Sometimes they have multiple special moves. In the PS2 game "Saikyou Team wo Kesseise yo" you can teach any character other characters' special moves, so you can have a Tezuka that can do Moon Volley, or Atobe that can do Ryoma's Drive B, or whatever else you feel like doing.

Quote:
i know ive got all the eps lol just watching them slowly lol. I really dont understand the manga though i mean its got musicals, every month releases of soundtracks etc (according to domino) but its not even that popular? why is that?oh i downloaded a musical (sorry dom i know its not good lol) its the dream live one. i aint seen it yet though

anyone seen that?
Not even that popular? Where? Every time I see a manga sales chart, Prince of Tennis is in the top 10 (often top 5) of all the manga. On Japan's largest cosplay site, PoT is the 2nd most cosplayed category. The musical's tickets usually sell out in 5 minutes. To say it's not popular would be incorrect. ^_^; It's one of Japan's most popular manga, and for an unlicensed anime, it's pretty well-known at American conventions, too (though not nearly in comparison to Japan/other parts of Asia's obsession with it... PoT is EVERYWHERE).

And I've seen all of the musicals, and they're all very good. They're fun to watch and the songs are catchy and fun to sing along to.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:28   Link #285
Eclipze

Quote:
has everyone here seen all the episodes?
*Raises hands* me! Im like, watching it the 4th time...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:45   Link #286
tennisfan

So is PoT big in all of Asia, not just Japan (I read that 30,000 people started tennis because of the show)? Because tennis rules so much I wish it would get a broader audience.

I just ask this because Shaghai China had the ATP Master's Cup in late November 2005 and it didn't seem like the people were all that jazzed about the matches (outside of the final).
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:39   Link #287
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan
So is PoT big in all of Asia, not just Japan (I read that 30,000 people started tennis because of the show)? Because tennis rules so much I wish it would get a broader audience.

I just ask this because Shaghai China had the ATP Master's Cup in late November 2005 and it didn't seem like the people were all that jazzed about the matches (outside of the final).
I hear PoT is big enough in Asia to have Ryoma and Fuji's Japanese voice actors travel to Taiwan for a PoT event. I also went to a Taiwanese cafe yesterday to find that they sold Prince of Tennis keychains. ^_^ That was the only anime-related merchandise in the entire store, too. (The rest was food)

I also heard that the show made a lot of people start playing tennis in Japan. So much that they made Ryoma an official mascot of the Japanese Tennis Association...

I personally started becoming interested in tennis because of PoT. I try to play but I'm bad at it. ^_^ I showed this series to friends at school, and after watching it, every single one of them decided to try to play real tennis. It's very good for motivation! It makes me happy that a lot of PoT fans are going out and trying the sport and really getting into it, no matter how old or how active they are. I once saw a cute little boy wearing a blue jacket and saying he wanted to be like Ryoma and that he learned how to hit a twist serve. Things like that are just so cute and encouraging... ^_^ Even if I play tennis like Sakuno (or even worse...), things like this make me want to go out and play every day. It's really fun. I guess it's just harder to pick up than more popular sports (like basketball or american football) because it can be hard to find a place to play... (the only thing that keeps me from playing often is the ability to find a convenient court to play on)
Old 2006-01-04, 04:45   Link #288
virgopalz

haha..yeah me too..in a few weeks time i wud be able to play tennis for the 1st time..haha..i wonder how will i fare though...really interested in playing tennis..and watchin prince of tennis make me understand most of the basic rules that i need to know in playin tennis..and i really hope they can have soundtracks or wadsoever in singapore..i really cant find it anywhere in singapore where they sell prince of tennis soundtracks...=(
Old 2006-01-04, 18:02   Link #289
Sweetchinmusic

I didnt mean to say its unpopular, sorryyyyy lol. I meant in England (where i live) its not that big, most of my friends dont know what it was until we went to some convention and there were people dressed up, thats how i first heard about it. none of them have seen it, i can quote that lol. And i mean if you ask any of my friends have you seen naruto or bleach they will shoot their hands right up in the air! thats what i kinda meant.

What is the latest tennis game for the ps2? in POT i mean.

I play tennis quite a bit, but im not gonna try the twist serve, cause i can hardly serve it good anywy lol. i havent played in ages, but PoT is making me want to join a tennis club and everything like that lol. got to wait till my exams finish though lol.
Old 2006-01-05, 01:50   Link #290
InitialGT

finally all the prince of tennis is subbed

dragged on and on after episode 60 or so
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 03:16   Link #291
virgopalz

haha...yeah..however im still waiting for the movie to be subbed though..haha..before its licensed..hehe..
Old 2006-01-05, 07:10   Link #292
Eclipze

PoT definately has my vote for the best sports-anime. They have a great mix of good music, nice setting and tennis shots that people can only dream of.

But I do think that its not so popular here at the forums *sigh*. I mean like, the last OP was probably one of the best anime songs I've heard, yet Im probably the only person even mentioning a song from PoT

Of course, the animation/drawing isnt that good compared to other animes, so perhaps thats why its so shunned in AF...
Old 2006-01-05, 15:36   Link #293
Sweetchinmusic

Where is everyone here from?

I watched the match with echizen and sanada. what the hell is up with echizens voice lol, he just starts speaking english out of the blue. also his voice doesnt sound like someone who was born and raised in america lol. It was quite wierd at first, but it sounded kinda cool lol.
Im on episode 133 or something like that now. Does echizen ever meet the girl who decided to go back to the PRos? no spoilers please except for that point lol
Old 2006-01-05, 17:25   Link #294
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
What is the latest tennis game for the ps2? in POT i mean.
The latest POT game for PS2 is Gakuensai no Oujisama. It's a dating sim based around a school festival. Comes with special cards featuring CGs from the game. It was released late December 2005. I want it...!!

Ok, this month's POT music announcements:

* Two singles will be relased March 15, 2006: one sung by Fudomine's Shinji Ibu and the other sung by Kyuuki Kiichi (guy who had like one line in the entire series... but they made fun of him for having a hard-to-say name in one of the January 1 2006 singles, so I guess they decided to give him his own single....!!)

* Reminder that two versions of Valentine Kiss (every year they release this song sung by a Hyotei member... the song is a re-make of an old Valentine song that was originally sung by a girl band.... ^_^;; ) will be released in February. ^_^

* 4 POT singles made the top 500 singles list on the Oricon chart (think of it as a Japanese billboard chart...) for last year. Impressive, since there are so many singles released in Japan every single day....!!
Old 2006-01-05, 17:41   Link #295
Sweetchinmusic

I mean the latest game which you actually play tennis in lol. I want the dating sims but the money would just be wasted if i bought them lol. Do you think there will be any games on the PSP??? that would be tooo good lol.
Is there anywere we can actually download the singles and soundtracks? the ones which you update with?
Old 2006-01-06, 00:30   Link #296
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
I mean the latest game which you actually play tennis in lol. I want the dating sims but the money would just be wasted if i bought them lol. Do you think there will be any games on the PSP??? that would be tooo good lol.
Is there anywere we can actually download the singles and soundtracks? the ones which you update with?
Ah, this is the newest PS2 game that is tennis and not a dating sim... I own it and it's very fun. ^_^
2005 Crystal Drive is actually the newest tennis-focused game, but it's for Nintendo DS. That game looks fun.. looks like you can watch the bench and the court at the same time thanks to the DS's two screens. ^_^

And asking where to download music or posting links to downloadable music is against forum rules.... ^_^;
Old 2006-01-06, 00:37   Link #297
Eclipze

Just realised that I've got a question that I have been itching to ask:

What is cool drive? Ive read somewhere that Ryoma gets that move after the training camp before Rikkaidai(sp?) but wasn't that cyclone smash?

Or was cool drive ommited in the anime?
Old 2006-01-06, 03:45   Link #298
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze

What is cool drive? Ive read somewhere that Ryoma gets that move after the training camp before Rikkaidai(sp?) but wasn't that cyclone smash?

Cool Drive is mentioned only in the manga. I think they used cyclone smash instead of cool drive in the anime... again because the Rikkaidai part of the anime is very different from the manga part because that's where the anime got ahead of the manga.
Old 2006-01-06, 09:32   Link #299
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze

I think Ryoma does the Cyclone Smash in the manga in his match against Kirihara before the finals with Rikkai, but it wasn't given a name there.
Old 2006-01-06, 19:32   Link #300
Sweetchinmusic

Yeah he does, and then officially completes it after that match whilst training with Oishi. (oh my gosh i know something lol). Hey domino, that link for the latest tennis playing one goes to the konami website with loads of japanese lol i cant really understand it lol.

Why does echizen start speaking english in his match with sanada? it doesnt sound like someone who was born and raised in america, but it still sounds cool lol.

Tags
tennis