AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 13:19   Link #101
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Rurik, you may want to open a biochemistry & nutrition book before you 'don't buy' that eating fast food isn't a good idea.
Bahhh cheap propaganda from those corporate dogs who just want a market edge!

I do believe that eating Fast Food on a moderate way is not unhealthy to the body, NOW if you eat fast food Mcdonald like the guy from super size me did... well... that's a different story....
Old 2010-08-26, 13:24   Link #102
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
And Your Body has cholesterol regardless of what you eat, as cholesterol is an important component for your body functions, like I said my cholesterol is low (or better put, in normal levels), and I didnít said Iím immune to negative effects of the food you eat, I just said each body react different depending on the environment.

EDIT 2: coincidence, I was in Worcester, MA on my trip to US,
Yeah, I was more referring to the fact that recent research has suggested that serum cholesterol levels are less accurate in predicting heart complications (as well as other cardiovascular diseases) than was previously believed in the medical world. So even if you have 'healthy' cholesterol you can't be sure you are "a-okay", so to speak .

Interesting to hear you were in Worcester, I live in a rural area about an hour from there.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 13:32   Link #103
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yeah, I was more referring to the fact that recent research has suggested that serum cholesterol levels are less accurate in predicting heart complications (as well as other cardiovascular diseases) than was previously believed in the medical world. So even if you have 'healthy' cholesterol you can't be sure you are "a-okay", so to speak .
I didn’t not know that, but.... well, lets say, my mom job is of those people who take your body sample (Blood, poop, pee) and analyze them.... Im no doctor, but She says I'm good, I believe my Mommy

One thing, I am aware that eating Junk food (as I believe eating Fast Food, is not necessary the same as Eating Junk Food) in large quantities is not good, but damm!!! Those burguers sure are tasty! is really hard for me to believe some people find it gross.
Old 2010-08-26, 14:04   Link #104
Kudryavka

Quote:
I didnít not know that, but.... well, lets say, my mom job is of those people who take your body sample (Blood, poop, pee) and analyze them.... Im no doctor, but She says I'm good, I believe my Mommy

One thing, I am aware that eating Junk food (as I believe eating Fast Food, is not necessary the same as Eating Junk Food) in large quantities is not good, but damm!!! Those burguers sure are tasty! is really hard for me to believe some people find it gross.
Fo sha, man.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:02   Link #105
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Not sure if this was posted yet, but I choose Home-Cooking over Fast-Food

I've heard rumors that Fast-Food Restaurant's food does not really break down once consumed, so when they are dissolving into your body, they remain in your thighs, or stomach. If that is truly the case, that will somewhat explain why the majority of U.S citizens are getting mocked secretly by other countries, and when a U.S citizen orders something in a French Restaurant, the waiter gives them a "Super Size" meal or something close to that. It also explains why later on you will eventually build up from all the food you ate at those restaurants.

But this is merely a thing I have heard.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:06   Link #106
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I do believe that eating Fast Food on a moderate way is not unhealthy to the body, NOW if you eat fast food Mcdonald like the guy from super size me did... well... that's a different story....
So you don't read science because of that?

Corporate dogs don't always market "propaganda". It is just that you need to prudently double-check your sources before stepping into a belief.

Funny though, marketing science may be lucrative and spreading knowledge, but it apparently created a generation of can't-be-bothered who rebelled for the sake of it and seemingly took the greatest gift of the human race and threw it away : curiosity / inquisition.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 18:52   Link #107
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I've said my thing. But I eat fast food from time to time. Of course, a large fry and a medium sized sweet tea is hardly obese material. I hate the thing, but the field gives me something to do. But god, I don't want to put up with anymore green beans for awhile.

Cool thing about fields? Home cooking. Hell, it doesn't really require cooking - shake the apple tree, watch your head and watch the ripe ones fall. Clean 'em up and give the rotten or bug-ridden ones back to the land and that's that.

Wicked good fun, green apples are. Plus they save money. Too bad where I live you can't grow pineapples. Well, where I live I suppose you could grow alot of other stuff. But that's that.

shake a pineapple sometime while going "kufufufu".

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-08-27 at 03:35.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 22:01   Link #108
Kudryavka

Quote:

But who the heck would eat junk food like that?? Heh don't answer that question, I'm afraid that the answer might not be "No one."
Old 2010-08-27, 02:02   Link #109
LMF

As long if it's free, I'll won't complain...

Is it me or does food taste better when it's free?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 02:43   Link #110
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
As long if it's free, I'll won't complain...

Is it me or does food taste better when it's free?
Whenever I get free food, it's either microscopic portions or shit. So no.
Old 2010-08-27, 02:44   Link #111
Kittenlady

But the shit would be even worse if you'd paid for it.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 02:56   Link #112
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
But the shit would be even worse if you'd paid for it.
Which is exactly why I'm always glad I didn't pay for the free shit.
Old 2010-08-27, 03:05   Link #113
Kittenlady

See? Being free made it better~
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 03:13   Link #114
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I've said my thing. But I eat fast food from time to time. Of course, a large fry and a medium sized sweet tea is hardly obese material. I hate the thing, but the field gives me something to do. But god, I don't want to put up with anymore green beans for awhile.

Cool thing about fields? Home cooking. Hell, it doesn't really require cooking - shake the apple tree, watch your head and watch the ripe ones fall. Clean 'em up and give the rotten or bug-ridden ones back to the land and that's that.

Wicked good fun, green apples are. Plus they save money. Too bad where I live you can't grow pineapples. Well, where I live I suppose you could grow alot of other stuff. Butt hat's that.

shake a pineapple sometime while going "kufufufu".
I love green apples they are very delicious, but watermelon is better and Mc Donalds sweet tea is epic win

As for me I like both Fast food and home cooking, but home cooking is healthier cause you can control calorie intake and make accurate proportions. Fast Food is good too, but having too much is very bad for the body and is usually very delicious imo especially the MC Donalds chicken snack wraps with ranch dressing.

I see what you did thar Ar and I approve kufufufu

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 08:34   Link #115
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
As for me I like both Fast food and home cooking, but home cooking is healthier cause you can control calorie intake and make accurate proportions. Fast Food is good too, but having too much is very bad for the body and is usually very delicious imo especially the MC Donalds chicken snack wraps with ranch dressing.
OMG, those are great! and wendys Chilli? or Wendys Taco Salad? what about a peperoni PIzza slice from sbarro? yummmmmmmmmmm
Old 2010-08-27, 10:51   Link #116
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I love green apples they are very delicious, but watermelon is better and Mc Donalds sweet tea is epic win
If you like sweet tea and say anything about Mcdiddy's super water downed crap is "epic win" just goes to show you west virginian's are not as southern as you think. Plus everybody knows that the best Fastfood sweet tea in America is either from Cookout or Bojangles.

Also about the topic, if America had street vendors in China I'd eat fast food more often, freshly fried things versus a soppy flavorless burger just doesn't compare. Probably close to the same order of calories but street vendors that serve "fastfood" are actually quite good when it comes to flavor, also would love to have little taqueria's serving fresh fast tacos with authentic mexican flavors.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 12:21   Link #117
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Nosauz... it's subjective, opinionated. You do know the context and vocabulary meaning of the words... right? No? Yes? You know whatever this Cookout or Bojangles tea is, I'd like to have it sometime.

Apparently not every American knows it then? Oh well, yes. Yes, whatever you say Nosauz. No I'm not being sarcastic, yes Nosauz you are very pretty. Okay, onward and upward.

Quote:
serving fresh fast tacos with authentic mexican flavors.
Never had 'authentic' mexican food, since it has been.. uhh.. lets go with 'improved' and it's liable to be near impossible to find it in West Virginia.

Actually, I don't think I haven't had any food that hasn't been 'American-fied'. Nothing wrong with that, nor anything right with it. But whatever, home cooking is convenient, and fast food is indulgent and good, both rely on the taste of the person on which they prefer and what they like.

So on and so such.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:26   Link #118
Nosauz

Quote:
Nosauz... it's subjective, opinionated. You do know the context and vocabulary meaning of the words... right? No? Yes? You know whatever this Cookout or Bojangles tea is, I'd like to have it sometime.
I'm just talking about the south in general, and how sweet tea is supposed to be so sweet you can feel the paralysis in your feet developing. It's not an indictment against you, just found it interesting that a "southern" person would think mcdonalds sweet tea to be exemplary. Oh well. Sorry I made the assumption that you'd know what Bojangles and Cookout are, but they are southern staples.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:39   Link #119
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oh? I apologize, I figured the next lines would be involved with "Inbreed" or "Moonshiner".

I really haven't left West Virginia, gone to Maryland and Ohio once or twice, but those were pretty short-lived visits.

I've only see Little Ceaser, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Mcdonald's, afew Chinese restaurants, Ritchie's Pizza house, and a certain steak house whose name unfortunately escapes me at this time...

Nothing but Mcdonald and the local Chinese restaurant and Ritchie pizza house for me. Never seen a Bojangle, if I have I must have forgotten. Also, for the record, I apologize again. In most cases the context of that sort of sentencing was followed by a string of stereotypes. Gomen.

.... I apologize.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:45   Link #120
Nosauz

Quote:
Oh? I apologize, I figured the next lines would be involved with "Inbreed" or "Moonshiner".

I really haven't left West Virginia, gone to Maryland and Ohio once or twice, but those were pretty short-lived visits.

I've only see Little Ceaser, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Mcdonald's, afew Chinese restaurants, Ritchie's Pizza house, and a certain steak house whose name unfortunately escapes me at this time...

Nothing but Mcdonald and the local Chinese restaurant and Ritchie pizza house for me. Never seen a Bojangle, if I have I must have forgotten. Also, for the record, I apologize again. In most cases the context of that sort of sentencing was followed by a string of stereotypes. Gomen.

.... I apologize.
Well you have suffered the loss of one of the most indulgent fast food phenomenas of the south. I mean cajun fried chicken breasts in buttery biscuits, sweet tea so sweet your teeth feel like they rot(in a good way), dirty rice, awesome fried chicken that kicks the Colonel in the mouth. I mean the south may have terrible ties to horrible things in the past but man soul food and bojangles are just that good. I actually feel sorry for you because man bojangles is seriously one of the best fast food joints.

Tags
cooking, food