AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 174
091 - 100: Amazing... 18 38.30%
081 - 090: Great... 12 25.53%
071 - 080: Very Good... 2 4.26%
061 - 070: Good... 9 19.15%
051 - 060: Average... 0 0%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 2.13%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 4.26%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 2.13%
000 - 010: The animators/directors obviously hate you; why else wouldn they produce such drek... 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-20, 01:24   Link #21
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^I thought they only could revive people that they '' killed '' with that weird thingy that appeared at the end of the episode.. When it sucked their soul out or whatever it did.

Anyway good episode, if not little cliched as said. Can't wait for next one to see what happens... Though after this arc, I bet we're gonna have some stupid fillers again
Old 2010-08-20, 07:57   Link #22
Sbetsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I didn't like this conclusion one bit in manga!

Everything was so epic, people and some main characters had actually died what added to drama and suspense and then all of a sudden they are all back!

Pein also got trolled, getting brainwashed by Naruto is just irritating. The whole Pein coolness was flushed in the toilet =/

Dead people should stay dead or become a zombie or something.
I loved it and it's not that Pain was changed by Naruto, but the WAY he was changed. Jiraiya, Naruto, Nagato and the book, it's rather genius how they are connected and made Nagato realize. I cried of joy when reading this part in manga.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:00   Link #23
Sbetsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
yeah...not sure how I feel about what's the episode preview clearly shows happening. It certainly takes away from the devastation of Konoha's destruction. Hinata should be dead, too.
That makes Naruto's actions and decisions all that more epic, I really want to see him changing the world and breaking the cycle of hatred, but I guess it's just my nature, I never want anyone to have great misfortunes and I wish everyone well, so this conclusion of the arc is really inspiring.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:07   Link #24
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbetsho View Post
I loved it and it's not that Pain was changed by Naruto, but the WAY he was changed. Jiraiya, Naruto, Nagato and the book, it's rather genius how they are connected and made Nagato realize. I cried of joy when reading this part in manga.
That was definetly sad. Because you could see that Nagato finally realized what he has done and what he should have been. It's pretty much what Naruto said.

To realize that everyone had faith in Nagato, to help the world... where Jiraiya believed so strong in him. Their moments as a family. Their moments of joy.
It's not brainwashing... it's opening ones eyes. Naruto would become just like Pain if he did any other way. That was the point .

Yeah... i agree it was a beautifull moment.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:27   Link #25
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I thought it was handled better than in the manga.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 08:56   Link #26
Kallen4life

Quote:
Jiraiya, Naruto, Nagato and the book, it's rather genius how they are connected
this is true

I, in fact, rather enjoy all the backstory and connections that happened pre-series in naruto-world

Cheap Death and Mass Resurecct seriously sucks though (unless it's DBZ, which it isn't xD)
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 12:10   Link #27
KyuubiRocks
Your my love child!!

Send a message via MSN to KyuubiRocks Send a message via Skype™ to KyuubiRocks
I really enjoyed this episode, Nagato finally understanding what the awesome Jiraiya
was trying to entrust in him..and the music was nicely placed..My only gripe is that this
should really have been a special double episode I think it would have been soo much
better that way..oh well can't wait for next weeks episode..
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 12:29   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I thought it was handled better than in the manga.
True, this was handled better than in the manga, but handling shit, no matter how good of a job you do, is still handling shit...

I hate the resurrection with a deep dark passion. I understand why it occured, and I understand why Kishimoto had to do it (why Hinata couldn't have died in the mean-time (and then been resurrected later) is still unclear, but whatever), but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The mass resurrection is easily Kishimoto's crowning moment of awfulness...at least for me...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 14:08   Link #29
king12354

Yay, protoganist beats villain, everyone is saved, all is right in the world of shounen.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 14:29   Link #30
neshru

On the bright side, we shouldn't expect the important people that died to be saved in a cheap way a second time, or another mass resurrection.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 14:44   Link #31
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
True, this was handled better than in the manga, but handling shit, no matter how good of a job you do, is still handling shit...

I hate the resurrection with a deep dark passion. I understand why it occured, and I understand why Kishimoto had to do it (why Hinata couldn't have died in the mean-time (and then been resurrected later) is still unclear, but whatever), but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The mass resurrection is easily Kishimoto's crowning moment of awfulness...at least for me...
I kinda agree with this. It's kinda getting into DBZ territory with everyone being revived after they died. I mean the only one with any significance to the story that actually died was kakashi. If they wanted kakashi alive they just shouldn't have killed him (instead make him severely injured/near death)and made this last move a "super effective healing" move that took care of all the injured. This would kinda accomplish the whole "pain is trying to do good" without getting too silly.

Sidenote: Kakashi should steal one of Nagato's eyes!!
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 19:46   Link #32
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

If he's the 7th pain, why is his powers the same as the other one? Sure, he could gain the powers back after the other 6 died, but Konan's explanation is still pointless.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 00:57   Link #33
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
About Pain's "Hax" technique: I'm actually cool with it... I'll start off saying, it would be nice if some people stay dead (Shizune) but, everybody was already complaining of how bad other ninjas death was executed (Kakashi really)...

But all that aside, you have to realize that Pain's powers are BASED OFF OF A RELIGION... If your going to let somebody have "hax" godlike powers, it may as well be him
Old 2010-08-21, 04:52   Link #34
anime_kun

Thumbs up

this episode is great.. i mean it was great that I was able to barrow some nice disk from a friend and enjoyed the collection.
Old 2010-08-21, 04:56   Link #35
anime_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
If he's the 7th pain, why is his powers the same as the other one? Sure, he could gain the powers back after the other 6 died, but Konan's explanation is still pointless.
perhaps the mastery matters? just a thought
Old 2010-08-21, 04:58   Link #36
anime_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Yay, protoganist beats villain, everyone is saved, all is right in the world of shounen.
the way it goes
Old 2010-08-21, 05:04   Link #37
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

@anime_kun In the future please have in mind to use ''Edit'' to change your posts, instead of posting many times

Btv great episode Go Pain
Old 2010-08-21, 06:55   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I understand why it occured, and I understand why Kishimoto had to do it (why Hinata couldn't have died in the mean-time (and then been resurrected later) is still unclear, but whatever), but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The mass resurrection is easily Kishimoto's crowning moment of awfulness...at least for me...
Everything had a good reason, if you think about it. The reasons for doing it this way outweight the reasons for doing it in a different way. Let's not discuss how important it is that the popular characters like Hinata, Kakashi and many others do not die, the primary reason for not killing them is money. But we can discuss why not killing Hinata is good for the story:
- if Hinata died it would be much harder for us to believe that Naruto does not kill Nagato out of rage at first sight.
- there would be no shining moments for Sakura, she saved Hinata's life, and we see Gai's team and Sakura chatting about all what happened, some personal stuff there

As for the mass resurrection:
How can Nagato die in a good way, in a way that is not a pathetic death, or better say not die like the evil guys do. Nagato had the legendary rinnegan, by his decision he also returned to his old self, the good guy Nagato. Nagato had to die in a way that only super-human legends die and at the same time he had to redeem himself in some way. It was important to not end the battle in a way where it seems Nagato lost to Naruto, first because it's not true and second because Naruto is still a child so Kishi must not make him a godlike ninja already. I think in this situation this was not only the best solution but also the only good solution.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 07:16   Link #39
Kallen4life

Pain could've lived for now and later went down fighting fully powered Madara/Sasuke/a Bijuu

not kill Kakashi --> rest stays dead --> profit
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 13:11   Link #40
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Great episode.

For the lulz:

Spoiler for size: