AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-01, 18:23   Link #221
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The only one I can see leading is Dietrich as the only Ghost other than Miria thats capably of leading is Claire and she's got a death wish and other wise preoccupied with been an all consuming super monster.
I am not even convinced that dietrich is loyal. She could be still a mole.
If clare somehow manges to kill the destroyer and survives she is the perfect leader.
Her first action would probably be to mentally upgrade every team member through some kind of soul link with all the techniques and knowledge all the ghosts have.
She could do some knowledge sharing like the feeders do. Especially someone like miata would become a monster almost instantly.
Therefore i doubt that clare will survive the encounter with the destroyer the way we know her the ghosts would become simply to strong. The annoying thing of miria's death is that she would not have been killed with tabitha and galatea, miata and clarice as backup. Number 10 can not mindfuck everyone at the same time. Like the sharringan. Sorry to mention naruto here
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:28   Link #222
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Miria going to the ORG wasn't that bad a strategy with the info she had at the time it was an extremely good move, while risky if it succeed would have ended everything, even if she die's I see nothing strategically wrong with the decision she took.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:34   Link #223
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
After a close inspection of that image, Miria's body is completely obscured with only her blood visible. Best guess - she was minced to pieces.
Worst guess MiBs have a way more advanced yoma synchornizing Yuma who can heal everyone with half a torsno and a head. (that won't happen and you know it )

And Miria's move was a complete gamble at best and she knew it, but let's not start that again
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:35   Link #224
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
She had to take backup with her especially to observe and warn the others if something went wrong. Acting noble is luxury you can not allow especially in claymore.
Miria was wrong because she knew of the feeders from dietrich. A weapon against AO's and despite that she believed she could go into hell and beat the devil.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:37   Link #225
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
I am still clinging to the question mark from the last phrase "ミリア 墜つ・・・!? = Has Miria Fallen...!?

I hope she doesn't die just yet....but can't be so sure as everyone knows Yagi-san always does unexpected things with character....take duff for instance.....he was around quite a bit when everyone wanted him dead....

Last edited by sonotme_9FedriqSama; 2010-09-01 at 18:41. Reason: typo
sonotme_9FedriqSama is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:42   Link #226
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I am not even convinced that dietrich is loyal. She could be still a mole.
If clare somehow manges to kill the destroyer and survives she is the perfect leader.
Her first action would probably be to mentally upgrade every team member through some kind of soul link with all the techniques and knowledge all the ghosts have.
She could do some knowledge sharing like the feeders do. Especially someone like miata would become a monster almost instantly.
Therefore i doubt that clare will survive the encounter with the destroyer the way we know her.
She's the only leader type that could really take over she's charismatic,intelligent and fairly powerful she's already had extensive contact with 4 of the Ghosts and going by her character she's probably well liked and connected to her generation of warriors and also has similar sort of knowledge about the ORG that Miria has..

They is the possibility she's a mole but that just doesn't fit, to me the way she's been acting it's been like she's been playing the field unsure weather the ghost are worth siding with.

They are others that could lead but more than likely can't or won't like Claire,Clarice and Galatea, none of the others really have the character or the intelligence to pull it off.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:48   Link #227
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
I am still clinging to the question mark from the last phrase "ミリア 墜つ・・・!? = Has Miria Fallen...!?

I hope she doesn't die just yet....but can't be so sure as everyone knows Yagi-san always does unexpected things with character....take duff for instance.....he was around quite a bit when everyone wanted him dead....
I ignore the closing remarks... after all when Dietrich showed up it asked if Miria was about to as well...
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:52   Link #228
Stream
Radical Dreamer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
How about Teresa leading the group?

I am of the opinion that if Clare somehow manages to revive her entire body from the destroyer, Teresa may as well be revived too. I do believe that Clare has what it takes to lead the group, however. She has a very good grasp of tactics and has instinctively taken over leadership roles before when it seemed the best course of action. It's just that, as a loner, she usually rejects leadership roles if she can.

Last edited by Stream; 2011-03-13 at 09:11.
Stream is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 18:57   Link #229
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galatea sous la douche
how did she rape miria's brain if miria isn't even emitting yoki? I mean to control yoki one must be able to synchronize their yoki and to do so, they must have the ability to read the yoki flow. Galatea couldn't even sense miria...
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
theevilanimal is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:00   Link #230
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Miria going to the ORG wasn't that bad a strategy with the info she had at the time it was an extremely good move, while risky if it succeed would have ended everything, even if she die's I see nothing strategically wrong with the decision she took.
It doesn't matter what you say,a stupid move is a stupid move,and this conclusion shows it very well.
Knowing the org it was OBVIOUS that they had some secret weapons,and thinking differently is plain stupidity.As if it wasn't enough Miria already knew from Diet that the org was doing something dangerous,and not considering that the org in all those years could have developed further the soul link with others twins was another big mistake.

Anyway Diet can't absolutely be the leader,even if she is smart the other ghosts knows absolutely nothing about her and there is another huge problem:she is weak,very weak compared to the best ghosts.
Deneve,Galatea and Helen are a lot stronger than her,and compared to Claire she is weak as hell.
Having a brain is important,but a leader has to be strong (claymores are more inclined to respect the strongest,not the wisest) and has to be trusted.Diet is not an option.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:00   Link #231
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
How about Teresa leading the group?

I am of the opinion that if Clare somehow manages to revive her entire body from the destroyer, Teresa may as well be revived too.
let the dead rest in peace...I din't even like the idea of zombies of fallen claymores....As for clare...she is now in destroyer and she is the one controlling its actions with no body to return to....I am more curious as to what Rafaela thaught clare....
sonotme_9FedriqSama is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:04   Link #232
Stream
Radical Dreamer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
let the dead rest in peace...I din't even like the idea of zombies of fallen claymores....As for clare...she is now in destroyer and she is the one controlling its actions with no body to return to....I am more curious as to what Rafaela thaught clare....
My point here is that if Clare can somehow revive from the destroyer, there is no reason for Teresa not to be revived along those same lines.
Stream is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:11   Link #233
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I think of theresa being a part of clare if she is revived we would perhaps have another fusion like raciella.
But you are right, it isn't impossible.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:15   Link #234
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Has anyone else noticed that we've been doing about a page per hour since the spoiler pics came out...
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:17   Link #235
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
My point here is that if Clare can somehow revive from the destroyer, there is no reason for Teresa not to be revived along those same lines.
yea I knw what you mean...and its not impossible....but then u'll have another monster like destroyer....thats what ORG is trying to make for all that we know...
sonotme_9FedriqSama is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:21   Link #236
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Asspain
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You make it sound like everyone is happy and agrees with eachother when a person dies...are you sure you read my post?
Not at all. I was just explaining my point of view.

Quote:
Naive....that doesn't even make any sense, how does that word have anything to do with what I said? ; It almost sounds like you're (badly) attempting to insult me rather then focus on my points.
I've never attemped to insult you... sorry if my previous comment gave that feeling.

Quote:
What I wrote makes perfect sense, and shows that Yagi has been pretty concise in the characters and who gets killed off; alot better then other authors who just randomly kill off characters and bring them back when they get bored. Miria's death is more like the latter.
Mirias' death, random? And who has been 'brought back'? A random death would be a meteor falling from the sky and suddenly killing Tabitha in Rabona without warning or explanation. Miria tried to assault the enemy base, underestimated the defensive forces and got pwned. It took a whole chapter to show how she got there and explain her possible motivations (from Galatea's point of view). Is that really a 'random death'?

Quote:
It's not so much that her death was random; she died for nothing, plain and simple; even more so then dying from somebody we never even seen before, none of this would have happened if she just shared the burden with everyone, instead of assuming what they felt and could take, and making stubborn suicidal decisions because of it.
For nothing? She launched an attack when she thought the conditions were favourable... she failed, she died. Even the most intelligent, bright and experienced people make mistakes sometimes. About the 'burden' issue... Galatea's interpretations of Miria's actions have already become sacred truth? Because she could have been completely wrong... maybe Miria expected a trap to some degree, but given the odds (A&B off) she felt like she wouldn't have another ocasion like that, and she wanted to go alone just to avoid more casualties in case of failure.

Her attack failed and now she's paid the ultimate price of failure, but I really doubt she just attacked Stav for teh lulz or cuz she felt like going suicide and slashing Tabitha from ear to toe would be funny.

I agree with her being stubborn... but well, without such stubborness, nobody would have survived the Pieta battle.

Quote:
The most we can say is that she tried, but god, was it not worth it. At least the mystery of this Number 10 is something to help wash this out .
I also hope that Number 10 "the Mindfucker" gets some character development in the future. Jumping out of the blue to just pwn Miria and then going back to the background would be truly dissapointing.

Finally, I have the feeling that all the 'dissapointment' about Miria's death like this comes because nobody was expecting such an important and charismatic character to die. It's been too long since we watched Flora ripped appart or Jean stabbed in the stomach and hung around like a doll. As I said before, looks like the fandom has got a little 'soft' these days... hopefully this will remind you guys that here, save maybe Clare for being the protagonist, nobody has plot armor. If Helen is still alive after getting herself stupidly in so much trouble is probably because she provides almost the only comical scent of the series, but I wouldn't be surprised if only Clare and Raki make it alive to the very end (with one or the two falling at that end maybe).

I understand seeing a character who you've felt attached with for years being butchered like that can be anything but appealing. But don't worry, time heals everything
Korinov is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:21   Link #237
[thousandmaster]
Killimanjaro Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I'm just satisfied someone had finally kicked it from the ghost side. The ghost seeing them escape death one time after the other was starting to tick me off. I'm looking at you Helen and Deneve.

But once Miria gets her moment of looking badass-like, she gets brutally diced. Miria dying was inevitable anyway. Maybe with her falling, it'll motive her comrades to get their shit together and take things more seriously.
[thousandmaster] is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:28   Link #238
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilanimal View Post
how did she rape miria's brain if miria isn't even emitting yoki? I mean to control yoki one must be able to synchronize their yoki and to do so, they must have the ability to read the yoki flow. Galatea couldn't even sense miria...
I was wondering the same thing erlier It just doesn't really make sense. Though when we take into consideration how Raphaela and Clare met in dream...who knows what could happen.
Also as I said earlier why don't they (the MiBs) just use this (weird No10 power) on AOs and Prissy to make them kill themselves (commit suicide)?

Oh and one last thing before I go sleep -> see no Miria there except part of what appears to be a leg and a lot of blood.
Spoiler for picture:


The Claymore in red should be the one the shrimp impaled Miria with earlier. Also considering the direction of the blows and that one Claymore Miria show be facing the same was as the blood - looking upwards. Maybe that Claymore is the one being held by the "greeninsh" Claymore, though the one that piereced Miria will be just gone in that case. If it's pointing towards or away from us the blood should be flying towards your screen and it's not doing that.

However, I must point out that (maybe partly due to the scan) those warriors have a very weird anatomy and considering the size of the image Miria isn't probably even drawn. What I mean is that all the blood is there to indicate serious injureis and we have no way to know what happened to Miria since she isn't even in the picture. Of course you might say she was already buthered but most of the Claymores aren't even there and also we would have seen body parts around. Simply put there's a lot of blood to hide the fact that there isn't a body there.
Go wild with theories
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:30   Link #239
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
It doesn't matter what you say,a stupid move is a stupid move,and this conclusion shows it very well.
Knowing the org it was OBVIOUS that they had some secret weapons,and thinking differently is plain stupidity.As if it wasn't enough Miria already knew from Diet that the org was doing something dangerous,and not considering that the org in all those years could have developed further the soul link with others twins was another big mistake.

Anyway Diet can't absolutely be the leader,even if she is smart the other ghosts knows absolutely nothing about her and there is another huge problem:she is weak,very weak compared to the best ghosts.
Deneve,Galatea and Helen are a lot stronger than her,and compared to Claire she is weak as hell.
Having a brain is important,but a leader has to be strong (claymores are more inclined to respect the strongest,not the wisest) and has to be trusted.Diet is not an option.

Your making the same mistake again your going by what "we" know about the ORG not what she and the Ghosts know, she investigated the ORG in death and didn't find anything about expirements apart from the twins how is she to know that the ORG had anything else up there sleeves other than what they've already shown.

Yets put it this way if you was in the second world war and in command of a unit you find out that Hitler was close by and seemingly lightly guarded although they was the risk of eilte SS troops been present, would you attack or wait and probably lose the chance to end the war month or years early saving countless lifes thats the sort of decision Miria made apart from only risking her own life.

And I think your underestimating Dietrich Helen,Deneve and Galatea all seem to respect her already.

Last edited by Newhope; 2010-09-01 at 19:42.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 19:31   Link #240
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov
Not at all. I was just explaining my point of view.
.........

I don't even know what to say to that. Why do you even bother replying, if you aren't reading what I say in it's entirety? Smugness is one thing, sarcasm is another....but come on

I do find it funny though when you say nobody has plot armor, but you give Claire and Helen the exceptions . What's so special about them? Claire's role as protagnist is technical at best, and Helen's comedy means nothing. When was Claymore ever about comedy anyway? The very fact that Helen and Deneve survived so much of their own stupidity, especially in the South, but Miria dies, only adds to the ridiculous nature of her death.

Not even sure why you keep think the fandom has gone soft either, with all the other deaths that have gone on either, like I said in my post. You think nobody was as equally affected by the deaths of Riful, Isley, Alicia, Beth, and Dauf, and the brutality of their deaths as well?

Forget it, I've already said enough on Miria for one day anyway; moving on, no Stream, I don't think Teresa would have been a good leader. She seems just too independent to me; she never was one for groups. Her show-off attitude and sheer power just makes her too unpredictable, and honestly, untrustworthy.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.