AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-03, 01:22   Link #561
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
I am so waiting for that.
T_T not kewl at all.. lol
Old 2010-09-03, 02:33   Link #562
Newhope

My moneys still on her been alive from what we've seen so far, it's got HAHA fooled ya written all other it and if Yagi acts like he normally does they'll be a scene change next month just to yank of chain for even longer, my opinion might change depending on the rest of the chapter but ATM i'am almost 100% sure she's still alive.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:58   Link #563
MalakTawus

The only way i can see Miria survive is a sudden awakening.....
Old 2010-09-03, 03:08   Link #564
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
The only way i can see Miria survive is a sudden awakening.....
I agree after looking at spoiler pics I noticed something... I'm gonna have 2 explain it, because I don't have a paint program 2 show anything!

The last pic where we see the group gang up and start hacking Miria. If u look at the claymore with her back 2 us, she is knelt down BTW. if u look u under her right leg u'll see a faded form that looks like Miria! Man I wish I had a paint 2 show u people.
Old 2010-09-03, 03:14   Link #565
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You're missing the point;it's in the implication, which is too great

I am aware of their being many stories in which case the protagonist is the morally-wrong and the antagonist is the morally-right, for example. Getting to the point however, it just can't be helped that the initial assumption is that the protagonist is the good guy and the antagonist is the bad guy. Even when, like I said, the definition of the terms are understood, it's just one of those things that can't be helped.

If you don't have that intention; if you're not trying to paint the picture that way, just don't use those terms. Better yet, don't use any terms that define the characters in a specific way.

That's my advice to him because, based on his posts to me, I feel he views the characters as broadly as I do, and using terms like that, naturally goes against that.
Well, it happens I don't see it that way. To me, 'protagonist' just means the leading character, and 'antagonists' the people he/she fight against. It has nothing to do with good and evil. Take the Overlord games i.e., where you actually play the bad guy (a sinister Sauron-alike dark villain) and command hordes of little, ugly and very funny henchmen to crush everything that stands in your way. It's not that most of the antagonists in the games are truly good people, but if you play fully villanous, you'll probably be far evil than them.

So yes, in Claymore, Clare is the protagonist, and thus far, people like Isley or Riful have played antagonistic roles in the story (although Isley dropped the role after he got what he wanted, and Riful's grade of 'antagonism' has been quite diffuse since the Witch Maw arc.

Indeed, a lot of mangas usually have some antagonists turning later into the protagonist's allies... take a look at Dragon Ball, or even more, Bleach (where the trope is played to such extreme levels that the Big Bad needed to create an army of almost-filler goons just to compensate the fact that almost everyone turned into the hero's ally). So I don't think the terms carry unavoidable notions of 'good' or 'evil' at this point.

Anyway, when is the chapter coming out? After so much debate over Miria's death, I want to see the real thing for goods and all
Old 2010-09-03, 04:06   Link #566
haegar
mangaviking

what? you only filled ONE more page over night? lez not drop the pace here we were on course for a new record also, no chapter yet? no more spoilers? no tiny tidbits of translated fragments of conversatrion? no #10 bashing?

NARF ...ok think I'll go back to bed then ... somebody wake me up when stuff starts happening ...
Old 2010-09-03, 04:50   Link #567
MalakTawus

WAKE UP!!!Raw is out!
Old 2010-09-03, 04:51   Link #568
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So any confirmed spoilers yet?
Old 2010-09-03, 05:01   Link #569
MalakTawus

Yes,all confirmed.
Miria could have "easily" won the fight against the twins,but she was holding back to not hurt them too much,during the battle n.10 causes the "hypnosis" and Miria gets killed.
Btw it seems that n.10 doesn't control the other warriors and imo she can use that technique only on one person......it only there was someone else with Miria n.10 they would have probably survived (unless the org has some other secret).
To be honest Miria survival is pratically impossible,unless some sort of miracle happens (and i REALLY doubt it)
N.10 is quite cool,she has long hair like Gala and Irene,but she doesn't seem to be uber strong,and even her technique needs some time to work,so it's not usable in an actual fight unless someone keep busy the enemy.
Maybe she's not even the org's real secret weapon,but to be sure we'll have to wait a translation to understand what Rubel said.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-09-03 at 05:16.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:14   Link #570
Weils

No. 10 Raftera: From what I can tell, Rubel explains that she uses the ability of sense domination and yoki synchronization. She has been training both abilities to use against the Org's own warriors (to prevent rebellion like this situation perhaps). First, she controls all senses to confuse the target, this makes it unable to tell what is really going on. During this confusion, the target's mind becomes easily prone to invasion and that's where the yoki synchronization comes in, Raftera then taps into the target's mind and draws forth the mind's deepest subconscious of their woes and sorrow, increasing its intensity and let the mind run wild with it.

The Usual Suspects
Old 2010-09-03, 05:24   Link #571
MalakTawus

Whoa,if that technique is used on Claire and her deepest subconscious emerges it could cause the apocalypse,i can already see that technique triggering a disaster.....and for all you Teresa's lover....maybe this tech will make emerge Teresa's soul that would take control of Claire's body continuing to fight like nothing happens (but stronger than normal Claire) and n.10 and the Mibs will remain speechless,lol.
Anyway this almost proves that if Miria wasn't alone she would have almost surely survived, unless the org has some other monster kept in secret.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:35   Link #572
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

#47 is mentioned in the raw, are they talking about Clarice or Clare (or someone else)?
Old 2010-09-03, 05:48   Link #573
Newhope

This the frist time I'll say this but I think Claymore if starting to go down hill I don't mind Miria dying but this is pulling an Aizen on us and frankly bull.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:51   Link #574
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
#47 is mentioned in the raw, are they talking about Clarice or Clare (or someone else)?
They are just talking about how Raftera is the only one out of the 47 warriors who can use her unique ability.

The Usual Suspects
Old 2010-09-03, 05:55   Link #575
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Thanks for info Weils.

@Newhope
I disagree. It's the best chapter in years IMO.

Edit:
This number 10, she's releasing enough youki to have distorted face and yet her eyes are not golden/cat like.

Last edited by Gooral; 2010-09-03 at 06:15.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:15   Link #576
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
This the frist time I'll say this but I think Claymore if starting to go down hill I don't mind Miria dying but this is pulling an Aizen on us and frankly bull.
What do you mean "pulling an Aizen on us"?
Imo n.10 is not even that strong,and her ability is not so strange if you consider what we have seen so far.If she was able to control more than one person,THAT would be strange,but if you consider yoki manipulation and soul link,her ability is just some sort of combination of the two.

I agree with you,Gooral.This chap was very sad but it was indeed amazing imo.

Quote:
This number 10, she's releasing enough youki to have distorted face and yet her eyes are not golden/cat like.
It seems to be the same even for the twins.Maybe this happens when you use soul link,like your yoki is not focused on your body but on the link itself.....maybe......or maybe it was just a little mistake.....
Old 2010-09-03, 06:26   Link #577
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

In the panel where the twin seems to be "phantoming" I'm guessing she didn't become so fast but Miria started to lose contact with reality. It happened just after Rafutera started her thing so it can't be a coincidence.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:26   Link #578
Newhope

If Miria had released her Youki i'd have no problem what so ever with the chapter but no we suddenly have a claymore that can sync with someone that even God eye Galatea can't sense sorry but it's just bulls**t.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:29   Link #579
Joe_fh

But It was never shown that one needs to release yoki to establish a Soul link. At least from what we've seen.
Time to go look at the chapter~ at last
Old 2010-09-03, 06:32   Link #580
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
If Miria had released her Youki i'd have no problem what so ever with the chapter but no we suddenly have a claymore that can sync with someone that even God eye Galatea can't sense sorry but it's just bulls**t.
It's not bullshit. I have an idea why it was possible, add to this soul-link and you have an answer. Besides, we don't know that Galatea can't sense ghosts. As I've speculated here she could have sensed them once Agatha was gone and only humans remained.
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga