AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 12:35   Link #81
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Looool blood & guts everywhere!!!!! Now this is getting interesting

Sorry for Miria fans, but well, I'd rather prefer a brutal, bizarre, crude and awesome death than falling slowly to the ground while giving your last great speech.

And it could have been worse. It could have been zombies. Better the mind fuck.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:35   Link #82
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Unless you have more spoilers pics, you can't see anything like. As a matter of fact, on the lower left panel of the first spoiler pic, her head is intact.
Spoiler for Continued:
Old 2010-09-01, 12:35   Link #83
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Spoiler for Miria...more details:
Spoiler for Miria response:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-01, 12:37   Link #84
Vinak
Procrastinator

I stumbled upon those spoiler pictures while looking at bleach spoilers...They came out of nowhere...I'm telling you...I wasn't expecting to see Miria being cut like that.

Those aren't images you want to come across unprepared. /sob
Old 2010-09-01, 12:37   Link #85
Nixl

With this much gore, I do not think claymore will get another season. Considering what happened to Beth, Dauf, and now Miria.

Then again Berserk did air, but this is somewhat different.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:38   Link #86
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

r.i.p. phantom
Old 2010-09-01, 12:40   Link #87
haegar
mangaviking

what's worseis that she is gone totally in vain. she prly could have wasted the new twins in a fair fight: fail. she left the other claymores alive who now hack her to pieces like fucking vultures, so fail: she went to destroy the org and managed to die without taking A SINGLE ASSET away from them. let that sink in as the final achievement of #6 phantom miria, the best teamplayer and strategist so far. OK, he can kill her off, though that's already hard enough to fogive, but raping her usual character in the process? BAH. Ok the mindfuck claymore she couldn't anticipate, but going alone in the first place, NOT anticipating the 2nd gen twins ... that's plain naive and stupid - she used to be the smart one... tch ..... this feels like he was getting bored with his characters and didn't even care to kill them off with some proper story. tch. tch. tch.

dare I say it? the WAY he had her die has a slightly kuboish feel.

GRRRR
Old 2010-09-01, 12:42   Link #88
Squawks
PSI you from behind

actually he just showed us how cruel the organization actually is, so it's worked.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:42   Link #89
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
what's worseis that she is gone totally in vain. she prly could have wasted the new twins in a fair fight: fail. she left the other claymores alive who now hack her to pieces like fucking vultures, so fail: she went to destroy the org and managed to die without taking A SINGLE ASSET away from them. let that sink in as the final achievement of #6 phantom miria, the best teamplayer and strategist so far. OK, he can kill her off, though that's already hard enough to fogive, but raping her usual character in the process? BAH. Ok the mindfuck claymore she couldn't anticipate, but going alone in the first place, NOT anticipating the 2nd gen twins ... that's plain naive and stupid - she used to be the smart one... tch ..... this feels like he was getting bored with his characters and didn't even care to kill them off with some proper story. tch. tch. tch.

GRRRR
But no one dies in Bleach and I am not sure I see how that is Kubo-ish. It is the tough-girl-shounen character thrown back into our faces like Teresa. It really is just playing with the reader, since there is absolutely no degree of knowing who will live. There is no guarantee in claymore

Honestly, after this I do not think I mind if Claire somehow gets a second chance or Raki become hybrid-ish. I just need something.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:43   Link #90
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

she had to take galatea and tabitha with her. They would have figured a way out to snap her out of this illusion.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:47   Link #91
Nixl

I want to see what this new mind-fuck Claymore looks like.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:48   Link #92
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:

GRRRR
I'm inclined to agree with you Haegar. I know he intended to shock, but that plot twist with her cutting down Tabitha and attacking to only die a chapter later is truly tragic. There comes a point when a story can have too many plot twists, much like the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" did. This is coming perilously close to that problem, and in the process Yagi killed off one of his most interesting characters.

I have to say I'm disappointed with this story development. Even non-fans of Miria would've preferred something a little more humane (see Teresa's beheading). Miria's body getting chopped into bits is just leaving a horrible taste in my mouth right now. He gets you to like her a lot and now this. This vaguely reminds me of how Dumbledore dies in "The Half-Blood Prince", although thankfully for us that wasn't gruesome.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-01, 12:49   Link #93
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:

GRRRR
Spoiler for kuboish truth:

Yup, Miria's move has been a total epic failure... quite a shame for such a strategist, but well, people sometimes make mistakes, she just greatly underestimated the Org's strenght. She knew Rachel and Audrey's strenght and thought she would be able to handle any enemy except Alicia & Beth. Wrong. Going alone was a suicide mission. Suicide missions usually end in a bad way.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:49   Link #94
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

rafaella's wisdom seems to be more valuable than mere strength.
It will help clare to destroy the organisation.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:52   Link #95
Nixl

@Revan and Haegar
I would not even call that a plot twist Reven and haegar. She did cut down Tabitha and went in alone to spare her comrades. Honestly, I did not like that since I thought it was a shounen stereotype. And now, Miria has been cut down. Personally, I like this overall.

Why? Because no one in claymore is safe, which is what I like. The tough-shounen boy/girl is not enough to survive this. Furthermore, even the strongest/smartest characters make mistakes rather than always pulling a one-up. That is probably my appeal for claymore since the Northern War. Power-levels get negated, even if for dirty reasons.

But I do agree, this chapter has left a really bad feeling. This reminds me of the Eclipse in Berserk. I need some time.
Old 2010-09-01, 12:52   Link #96
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Great, so Miria dies kneeling, crying and even smiling like a retard. How nice, thank you very much Yagi. You really had to rape her character, didn't you?
And all of this because she didn't kill those Claymores. I hope the rest of the Ghosts finds out what happened and then give them what they deserve.

This is some bullshit!
Old 2010-09-01, 12:55   Link #97
Squawks
PSI you from behind

lolllllllll
Old 2010-09-01, 12:57   Link #98
Nixl

Spoiler for Too Soon?:
Old 2010-09-01, 12:58   Link #99
haegar
mangaviking

@ korinov. THX & LOL that got the first laugh out of me since this spoiler hit me in the face ...

while you're right of course ... let JB and me enjoy our rants nontheless, we need that right now
Old 2010-09-01, 12:58   Link #100
RocktheStar

nice, great stuff!
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga