AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-18, 08:01   Link #1361
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Shiek,the awakening was referred to Miria,not Raki......
Quote:
I follow Ryus' logic in a different like
Did you read that first part?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 09:51   Link #1362
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Somehow we don't like Raki protecting Clare or being stronger than her? :P Hmm... I say I may be a bit okay with that.
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 10:09   Link #1363
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Somehow we don't like Raki protecting Clare or being stronger than her? :P Hmm... I say I may be a bit okay with that.
Who said they weren't happy with Raki protecting Claire?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 12:32   Link #1364
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
First of all we are not even sure if Raki will really become THAT powerful, and second of all Ryus,if we follow your logic:



than no one in Claymore can awaken again 'cause there is absolutely no one that has that potential.
Instead imo an awakened Miria could lead to some interesting scenarios,specially if she lose control and the ghosts have to stop her (this is just an example....).
Agreed, an awakend Miria would would be very interesting possibilities. It would kinda be cool 2 see the ghosts vs an awakend Miria.

Anyway on 2 the main topic I like the fact that Clare is stronger than Raki. I hope it stays that way, having the guy stronger than the girl is so old.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 14:09   Link #1365
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
First of all we are not even sure if Raki will really become THAT powerful, and second of all Ryus,if we follow your logic:



than no one in Claymore can awaken again 'cause there is absolutely no one that has that potential.
Instead imo an awakened Miria could lead to some interesting scenarios,specially if she lose control and the ghosts have to stop her (this is just an example....).
I hear what your saying and understand your well founded logic but Yagi's written himself into a corner here. Any new ABs are meaningless to the two beyond Abyssal Ones without some way to compete against them, be it numbers, special abilities, or sheer power. So why would he waste time developing a character at that level?

Also Miria's already been defeated so why would Yagi keep her alive just to use her as a measuring stick to another's power that's already beyond imagining? It's redundant and lets face it Yagi hasn't been doing things to prolong the series but instead is keeping it's plot flying at warp speed. Before Isely fell everyone thought the plot structure was the ghosts taking on the Riful, then Isley & Priscilla, then the org, and finally the mainland. Yet, Yagi just killed off the AOs asafp at the orgs hand and made it about Priscilla and the org. So why, for love of Teresa, would Yagi now stretch out the plot just to introduce Miria as the newest AO. Either she's dead, captured to be experimented on, maybe used as a hostage to prevent a ghost counter attack, and/or awakens by her own power or help of the rods beyond an AOs power to the point of being able to at least give Priscilla/CtD a bad day.

The shrimp twins where one thing since the org always as a replacement for current warriors and it just makes sense that the soul linking twin research would get it's 3rd an potentially next gen set of sisters. However if Alicia and Beth couldn't defeat Priscilla in human form than Miria, the 2 shrimp twins, and #10 would die just as quickly before her (and likely against her human form too... since she's just that strong )

I get what your saying but I don't see the purpose of having her being strong enough to defeat the org but not strong enough to do anything else if Clare or Priscilla get involved. At best she could attack the ghosts but that would be quite strange since she is half awakened already and should be able to keep her mind intact to at least some degree. The only way that could really work is if Yagi expands upon #10's already stated powers or if Raki can some how keep her yoki in check. One puts Miria and Raki against the ghosts/Priscilla (like that will happen ) and the other makes #10 even more of a tool just to influence Miria (after Yagi already explained the limits of her powers through Rubel ). Sorry, I get your point but can't see it being implemented at this point in time.

------------

Agreed Clare should stay stronger than Raki. (wish I had time to share my opinion on this point)
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 14:37   Link #1366
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Well if Miria could become infected and that should give her enough power 2 give Priscilla and D/Clare a hard time. So I agree with that, She could also along with Raki could be the expiriments that cause the downfall of the org! At this point its safe 2 say if Miria awakend she would be of Abyssal strength. So then if u combine that with destroyer rod u'll get ( a very sh***y day for the org).
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 17:14   Link #1367
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
I do not agree that Claire should stay stronger then Raki; his greatest desire is to be strong enough to protect the woman he loves. I say again; what is the point of Raki getting infested by a Super Abyssal, somehow staying in control etc etc....essentially building all this up, only for him to actually be weaker?
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 18:59   Link #1368
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Anyway on 2 the main topic I like the fact that Clare is stronger than Raki. I hope it stays that way, having the guy stronger than the girl is so old.
i think the best way to approach this is make raki stronger than clare only for a short while, then clare becomes even more stronger later on or raki simply gets killed protecting clare while he was stronger than her.

if you all remember goku's son gohan was stronger than his dad for a short while during the cell saga but goku eventually gets more stronger than his son.. so i think that concept would go well with raki and clare too. XD lol
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:09   Link #1369
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i think the best way to approach this is make raki stronger than clare only for a short while, then clare becomes even more stronger later on or raki simply gets killed protecting clare while he was stronger than her.

if you all remember goku's son gohan was stronger than his dad for a short while during the cell saga but goku eventually gets more stronger than his son.. so i think that concept would go well with raki and clare too. XD lol
Actually Clarakiss, since I watched Dragonball Z as a kid, I fully remember Gohan becoming stronger than his father and staying that way with the Old Kai's awakening ceromony; the only way Goku could become stronger then him, is by fusing with another. Otherwise, Gohan was the single greatest individual by the end of the show .
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:18   Link #1370
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Actually Clarakiss, since I watched Dragonball Z as a kid, I fully remember Gohan becoming stronger than his father and staying that way with the Old Kai's awakening ceromony; the only way Goku could become stronger then him, is by fusing with another. Otherwise, Gohan was the single greatest individual by the end of the show .
that's amazing shieky but fans of that anime will still view goku as the strongest saiyan of all in dbz. the same could be said about clare in claymore even if raki was the strongest from the super abyssal flesh.
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:19   Link #1371
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
that's amazing shieky but fans of that anime will still view goku as the strongest saiyan of all in dbz. the same could be said about clare in claymore even if raki was the strongest from the super abyssal flesh.
*blink, well, in that case, I guess it depends more on popularity or fan-opinion

*shrug
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:20   Link #1372
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*blink, well, in that case, I guess it depends more on popularity or fan-opinion

*shrug
*coughs coughs* teresa *coughs*
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:23   Link #1373
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Actually Clarakiss, since I watched Dragonball Z as a kid, I fully remember Gohan becoming stronger than his father and staying that way with the Old Kai's awakening ceromony; the only way Goku could become stronger then him, is by fusing with another. Otherwise, Gohan was the single greatest individual by the end of the show .
Actually...that can be debated. While I admit(because the manga explicitly stated it) that Gohan both is more powerful than Goku and has more potential, he lacks experience and the drive for fighting. Goku on the other hand, revels in the feeling of battle and has fought countless battles with difficult opponents. So while Gohan is more powerful than Goku is, he wouldn't be able to use his power well enough to defeat Goku.
__________________
Rennir is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:25   Link #1374
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
*coughs coughs* teresa *coughs*
Ha!

Quote:
Actually...that can be debated. While I admit(because the manga explicitly stated it) that Gohan both is more powerful than Goku and has more potential, he lacks experience and the drive for fighting. Goku on the other hand, revels in the feeling of battle and has fought countless battles with difficult opponents. So while Gohan is more powerful than Goku is, he wouldn't be able to use his power well enough to defeat Goku.
.....Oh lord I hope I didn't start something
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:28   Link #1375
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Actually...that can be debated. While I admit(because the manga explicitly stated it) that Gohan both is more powerful than Goku and has more potential, he lacks experience and the drive for fighting. Goku on the other hand, revels in the feeling of battle and has fought countless battles with difficult opponents. So while Gohan is more powerful than Goku is, he wouldn't be able to use his power well enough to defeat Goku.
now this is what raki should be to clare, personally. even though he's stronger, he would lack the drive for fighting and figthing experience that clare has alot of. excellent post rennir.
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:39   Link #1376
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
now this is what raki should be to clare, personally. even though he's stronger, he would lack the drive for fighting and figthing experience that clare has alot of. excellent post rennir.
Well...I don't know....Raki is definitely a much more peaceful person than Claire is, but if their is any danger, especially to her, he would fight with everything he has.

Who knows , I'm thinking too hard on this
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 19:41   Link #1377
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
I do not agree that Claire should stay stronger then Raki; his greatest desire is to be strong enough to protect the woman he loves. I say again; what is the point of Raki getting infested by a Super Abyssal, somehow staying in control etc etc....essentially building all this up, only for him to actually be weaker?
Imo there are other ways to proect Claire even if he is weaker than her.For example he could be strong enough to fight for her so that she is not forced to awaken too often,with the risk of losing herself.
Imo Raki will become powerful,but if he gets stronger than Claire and Prissy it's an HUGE BS.

....and anyway even if Claire doesn't need Raki to protect her body,she clearly needs Raki to protect her heart.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 20:25   Link #1378
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Well...I don't know....Raki is definitely a much more peaceful person than Claire is, but if their is any danger, especially to her, he would fight with everything he has.

Who knows , I'm thinking too hard on this
true true! but! but.. if he were to ever fight her he'd always lose cuz clare has more drive for fighting and fight experience than raki. he wouldn't fight clare with everything he's got if she was the one his fighting.

however raki would fight her more seriously if clare was an awakened one killing ppl one after the other. he'd had no choice in the matter.
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 20:28   Link #1379
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
true true! but! but.. if he were to ever fight her he'd always lose cuz clare has more drive for fighting and fight experience than raki. he wouldn't fight clare with everything he's got if she was the one his fighting.

however raki would fight her more seriously if clare was an awakened one killing ppl one after the other. he'd had no choice in the matter.
That I can agree with - I guess it goes back to the whole Goku and Gohan thing before - the latter is stronger, but the former has a bigger drive
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-09-18, 21:42   Link #1380
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Hard to say what will happen to Raki. I am starting to wonder if he will even make it off the operating table or he dies within a chapter or two of getting power (of any degree).

Miria's death(?) has certainly cast a dark cloud.
Nixl is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.