AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-26, 14:37   Link #1521
MalakTawus

Quote:
However another factor to consider is most of the details regarding Claire project could have been hidden or erased by Rubel on his deliberate plot to hinder any success the org might make in creating controlled AB.
Good point indeed.I still think that they judged Claire's project way too early,but it's definitely possible that Rubel had a role in this.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:58   Link #1522
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

About the "counting from higher numbers". Wasn't isley not referred as the number one of the first generation somewhere in the manga?
Old 2010-09-27, 04:13   Link #1523
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
About the "counting from higher numbers". Wasn't isley not referred as the number one of the first generation somewhere in the manga?
No,never.I'm sure of it.
Old 2010-09-27, 05:19   Link #1524
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
If I remember that correclty many assumed that Isley was the first generations #1, since he was of the male generation, and presumably there only ever was a single male generation due to the failure with male claymores? I think Malak is right though that is was never mentioned as such by any character...
Old 2010-09-27, 10:37   Link #1525
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

I'm going off-topic now but this news is worth it - there will be new Berserk anime !!! Having said that I'm sure we will have another version of Claymore anime also. Hellsing, FMA and now Berserk. SInce Claymore is a popular series and Yagi won't make problems like Miura I don't see other option. Hopefully it will start before manga ends.
Old 2010-09-27, 10:52   Link #1526
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I'm going off-topic now but this news is worth it - there will be new Berserk anime !!! Having said that I'm sure we will have another version of Claymore anime also. Hellsing, FMA and now Berserk. SInce Claymore is a popular series and Yagi won't make problems like Miura I don't see other option. Hopefully it will start before manga ends.
Hell Yeah!

Plus your right this does increase Claymore's chance of another season/redo... even if only by a little. Let's face it anime and manga aren't selling as well as they did, partially due to the economy, and a safe way to get sales is to redo or finish series that were successful in the past. Claymore may not be the biggest series ever but then again neither is Green Lantern (an american comic) but it's about to get a movie. So Claymore does fit the criteria of what could be redone, especially since series like FMA and Hellsign were successful. If a few other series get redone and do well sales wise, than Claymore's odd for a season 2 shot up a bit form a financial stand point (which is likely the single biggest factor of whether or not we get a season 2, ever).
Old 2010-09-27, 10:56   Link #1527
haegar
mangaviking

sounds good

oh and considering the looks of the old Berserk anime ... good thing to do
Old 2010-09-27, 13:39   Link #1528
Nixl

I have been excited over this news all day.

Lost Children's Arc
Tower of Redemption Arc
Berserker armor

hell yes!

I also agree that a second season is more likely due to the Moe burst and generally anime companies are running out of ideas. Hence they are raiding videos games, books, manga, etc for shows. I want my Miata and Priscilla rampage animated!
Old 2010-09-27, 15:40   Link #1529
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
That's one hell of good news
Old 2010-09-27, 15:40   Link #1530
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I have been excited over this news all day.

Lost Children's Arc
Tower of Redemption Arc
Berserker armor

hell yes!

I also agree that a second season is more likely due to the Moe burst and generally anime companies are running out of ideas. Hence they are raiding videos games, books, manga, etc for shows. I want my Miata and Priscilla rampage animated!
NO NO Don't be saying nothing about Berserk!!! I haven't caught up all the way yet! I'm up 2... I believe the arc is called the Retribution arc!!

Last edited by FormerAbyssalone; 2010-09-27 at 20:34.
Old 2010-09-27, 17:40   Link #1531
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Lost Children's Arc
Tower of Redemption Arc
Berserker armor

yeah... come get some
Old 2010-09-27, 21:22   Link #1532
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
yeah... come get some
I could take Gutts in the Berserk armor!

Anyway its around that time of the month, any spoilers?
Old 2010-09-27, 21:25   Link #1533
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I hope they make a season 2 for claymore. Even if the series is not done from the start its ok, as long as a couple of OVA's is done to correct the ending of the first claymore. This is great news!!!
Old 2010-09-27, 21:43   Link #1534
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
I hope they make a season 2 for claymore. Even if the series is not done from the start its ok, as long as a couple of OVA's is done to correct the ending of the first claymore. This is great news!!!
All of us her would luv a second season that is faithful 2 a manga!
Old 2010-09-27, 22:05   Link #1535
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
All of us her would luv a second season that is faithful 2 a manga!
Just so long as it didn't show Miria's death in explicit detail. I think I'd rather puke than watch that in an anime.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-27, 22:22   Link #1536
Nixl

I can only imagine what the sound effects would be like for Miria's death (well there could always be a shounen ass-pull).
Old 2010-09-27, 23:01   Link #1537
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Just so long as it didn't show Miria's death in explicit detail. I think I'd rather puke than watch that in an anime.
Hmm... hopefully they'd think long and hard on that point. Perhaps they always could make it silent, like they did for Teresa's death...
Old 2010-09-27, 23:01   Link #1538
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I can only imagine what the sound effects would be like for Miria's death (well there could always be a shounen ass-pull).
I can only hope most of the sounds get toned way down as we experience an "Ave Maria" moment of loss. Otherwise it's just too macabre for me to stand watching. Its like watching someone you always had the highest hopes for utterly failing you at the most critical time. The point is we should not be concentrating upon the butchery that accompanied Miria's death.

We all know what happened. She got deceived by yoki manipulations, first getting cut a bit, then got a nasty slash, then got a sword through the gut, after which she made a big long speech while Rubel grimaced in pain (even Rubel couldn't watch), then held out her hand towards the twin she thought was Hilda. What followed was pure butchery as the claymores hacked her apart, limb from limb, her blood, guts, and limbs flying everywhere. Why anyone wants to hear the sound effects of that moment is beyond me. It makes my stomach queasy just thinking about it. I think as little TV time as possible on it would be appropriate.

It is otherwise too upsetting and horrific for mainstream TV, even in Japan. I hope they tone the horrific nature of her death down. Its just too upsetting for most otherwise, even if some people here find things like this and Elfen Lied entertaining. For my part they make me feel sick to my stomach. Why anyone would want to watch the most beautiful claymore of her generation get torn apart like some dude in Starship Troopers is beyond me. I'm sorry, but I don't get why so many are fascinated by Miria's butchered end. She did not deserve such a horrific end at Yagi's hands. A terrible ending for a great character who could've done so much more in my opinion.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-28, 05:25   Link #1539
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Yeah,
it's a sad thing. Not even the warrior's death was granted her
Her sin was to make the fight against the org to her own personal vendetta.
She had no right to go easy on her friends and comrades only to prevent them to get injured, killed or have to kill humans because the fate of the whole island and all the people who live there was at stake. Sacrifices of pawns had to be made even if those pawns were her own comrades.
But i will not judge her here. She was a compassionate person who cared deeply about the people she was responsible for. Perhaps like theresa, after meeting clare, miria was not fit for battle any more after loosing so many claymores at pieta who were under her command.
Blood red agatha foreshadowed it...
But in the end it made her more human, helen would say.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:07   Link #1540
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

ああ もおお!No luck in spoiler anyone?

Tags
claymore, manga