AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-19, 09:03   Link #3221
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I'm thinking Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon, but I guess Momo does want someone a bit more carnivorous. Issei is still pretty kind too, not completely perverted like the Principal.

As expected of Yabuki, he celebrated the magazine going bimonthly by showing most of the girls in nude. Seeing how S.Q.19 chapters are just extra fanservice chapter (even more than usual, unbelieavably) so this mean we will get even more fanservice four times a week? Well, it doesn't conflict with the normal plot chapters, so I'm not complaining.

I do wonder why Yami isn't there though, it can't be the loli factor because there's Mikan leading many people to jail already...Also the chapter gives me a revelation, sure we all know how good Yabuki is with curves and breasts, but he shows that he's top notch in drawing a woman's ass as well. Sorry Mangatron, but I guess the jokes won't stop anytime soon...
I think it would be because Yami/Eve would kill or at least end Rito's fun hard and hold a grudge Although like the last bonus chapter it does bring up some questions about Lala since she was going along with Rito she might be a bit more like Momo then we thought.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 09:55   Link #3222
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think it would be because Yami/Eve would kill or at least end Rito's fun hard and hold a grudge Although like the last bonus chapter it does bring up some questions about Lala since she was going along with Rito she might be a bit more like Momo then we thought.
Lala would already be making kiddies with Rito if it wasn't for Haruna cockblocking in the main story. After Haruna claimed that "ohhh she so loves Rito, right ..." Lala pulled back from her naked escapades into Rito bedroom, and all skinship, untill that Limp Noodle of a Main character will choose her as love interest.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:08   Link #3223
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Lala would already be making kiddies with Rito if it wasn't for Haruna cockblocking in the main story. After Haruna claimed that "ohhh she so loves Rito, right ..." Lala pulled back from her naked escapades into Rito bedroom, and all skinship, untill that Limp Noodle of a Main character will choose her as love interest.
Momo is taking over Lala's old job in that department
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:36   Link #3224
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Momo is taking over Lala's old job in that department
Doesn't change the fact that Lala would do anything for Rito no matter what he wants or how he behaves.

Momo have this image of Rito Harem Knight in her mind, and she wants him to be as she wish, while Lala loves him for who he is or who he will become.

I don't want to indulge into this matter to much as I didn't fully read Darkness yet but in main story, it was all because of Haruna like it or not.
Harem is fun yet it saddens me that Lala was pushed back like some kind of trash. Imo the matter with Haruna and Lala should be resolved asap, but considering that Yabuki aims at young kids wanting to see as much boobz as possible, theres not much chance to resolve the story.
Similar case in Sora no Otoshimono with fillers left and right. But thats why I mostly read more *adult* stories such as Nozoki Ana, because SNO and TLR are mostly no story fanservice series (there is a story in the background but its far far behind the need to show *girls goods*)
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 18:27   Link #3225
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Not sure if you relize it since you said you hadn't fully read Darkness but the harem plan is as much Lala's as Momo's leading off Lala's plans at the end of TLR and a few of the more resent chapters are starting to call into question just how naive she realy is.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 02:02   Link #3226
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Not sure if you relize it since you said you hadn't fully read Darkness but the harem plan is as much Lala's as Momo's leading off Lala's plans at the end of TLR and a few of the more resent chapters are starting to call into question just how naive she realy is.
Wasn't that shown in the first bonus chapter?
__________________
Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 14:46   Link #3227
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
When Rito saw Yui's pantsu, her kitten was being reflected in Rito's eye.
I didn't even notice. I can't believe they got away with doing that again.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 15:31   Link #3228
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
The only reason I read this series is to look at the study of anatomy conducted by Yabuki.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:13   Link #3229
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The only reason I read this series is to look at the study of anatomy conducted by Yabuki.
I think that's about the same reason we all read it as well
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:16   Link #3230
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The only reason I read this series is to look at the study of anatomy conducted by Yabuki.
I think it's how he does the stomach lines from the legs. It's just... just...
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:32   Link #3231
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I read it for story, at least did read TLR for story.
If I want to look at boobz and some more then I have more than enough H flowing around on the net. I'm not 15y old kid after all ^^.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:52   Link #3232
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I read it for story, at least did read TLR for story.
If I want to look at boobz and some more then I have more than enough H flowing around on the net. I'm not 15y old kid after all ^^.
Yabuki draws girls much sexier than like 99% of hentai out there though. I mean, after a while it just becomes predictable and boring, unlike eagerly seeing how Yabuki can skirt the line yet still get away with it this time.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:56   Link #3233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yabuki draws girls much sexier than like 99% of hentai out there though. I mean, after a while it just becomes predictable and boring, unlike eagerly seeing how Yabuki can skirt the line yet still get away with it this time.
Makes you wonder if they yell at him and then when they see the numbers they say sorry.

He should do one short H series after TLR for some extra buck. It'd sell like fire. And I say after because he cannot cross that line before TLR ends otherwise it will lose appeal. It's like you said, gotta see how he'll dance on the line.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:08   Link #3234
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Makes you wonder if they yell at him and then when they see the numbers they say sorry.

He should do one short H series after TLR for some extra buck. It'd sell like fire. And I say after because he cannot cross that line before TLR ends otherwise it will lose appeal. It's like you said, gotta see how he'll dance on the line.
Yeah, he needs to finish TLR first for the reason you mentioned. At least not until he finish milking TLR for all its worth - and seeing the sales, it doesn't seem anytime soon. Seriously though, if he 's ever strapped for cash, all he needs to do is to make a short H-chapter and put it on an online auction or something. It could possibly be the most expensive hentai ever.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:19   Link #3235
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yabuki draws girls much sexier than like 99% of hentai out there though. I mean, after a while it just becomes predictable and boring, unlike eagerly seeing how Yabuki can skirt the line yet still get away with it this time.
Gunma Kisaragi is better.
I could probably point out another 5-6 better artists.
But as its personal opinion it doesn't matter.

And no I don't care how Yabuki skirt around the line. Because he won't cross it, otherwise his $$ would plummet to sewer, as his 10-18y old kids target couldn't buy it.

It just show what he aims for.
Softcore Romance stories with Sex are less graphical than TLR D, but they contain Sex so kids kinda can't get it or people would look strange at them. While Yabuki is all about graphical content without any sex. You get the point don't you?
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:37   Link #3236
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Gunma Kisaragi is better.
I could probably point out another 5-6 better artists.
But as its personal opinion it doesn't matter.

And no I don't care how Yabuki skirt around the line. Because he won't cross it, otherwise his $$ would plummet to sewer, as his 10-18y old kids target couldn't buy it.

It just show what he aims for.
Softcore Romance stories with Sex are less graphical than TLR D, but they contain Sex so kids kinda can't get it or people would look strange at them. While Yabuki is all about graphical content without any sex. You get the point don't you?
EDIT: Actually, now that I read it again, I understand your point better. And while you might be true to a certain extent, I really don't think all the primary audience are all 10-18 year kids. Just because someone is adult enough to read hentai without people wondering, it doesn't mean they will automatically find all ecchi without any sign of sex boring. In a way, it's like saying people will never masturbate again after they have sex for the first time. I mean, adults, even married adults, still enjoy the prospect of going to strip clubs even when they know they won't get sex, right?
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:59   Link #3237
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
EDIT: Actually, now that I read it again, I understand your point better. And while you might be true to a certain extent, I really don't think all the primary audience are all 10-18 year kids. Just because someone is adult enough to read hentai without people wondering, it doesn't mean they will automatically find all ecchi without any sign of sex boring. In a way, it's like saying people will never masturbate again after they have sex for the first time. I mean, adults, even married adults, still enjoy the prospect of going to strip clubs even when they know they won't get sex, right?
I'm not saying that Adults don't read *kids* stories.
What I'm saying is that Yabuki aims at younger target so he won't cross the line, never ever.

So we can drop the adult reading TLR as it is, because adults read as well Naruto, Pokemon, Ecchi romance, Mahou Shoujo and any other titles with *shounen* than *seinen*. Yet that doesn't change the fact at who this manga is aimed mostly.
Hmmm unless we consider the worst of the worst, Japanese Otaku outcasts, who would crucify authors for making their Moeblobs un-pure (not virgins).
I won't get into the strip club analogy, because I said that I read it (TLR at least) for the story. Its not some Shakespeare but its more than enough for a No-Brainer 5 minute entertainment, and by entertainment I mean characters interactions, not boobs left and right.

Most stories have fanservice its common, however as I look at it TLR D is more about fanservice and only fanservice, anything else is just an addon to the fanservice. Its like story is only made so that boobs and ass can be shown. That's kinda -_-. Especially that first story was nice and cute.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:32   Link #3238
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
he won't cross the line, never ever.
Well, duh. That's why I said he's skirting the line, as him actually getting past that will make it not fun anymore. It's like watching a will-they-won't-they romantic comedy, the whole fun is in the unresolved sexual tension and they minute they hook up, it's usually less interesting. And Yabuki and the readers knows this perfectly well too, which is why they'll enjoy doing this for quite a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I said that I read it (TLR at least) for the story. Its not some Shakespeare but its more than enough for a No-Brainer 5 minute entertainment, and by entertainment I mean characters interactions, not boobs left and right. Most stories have fanservice its common, however as I look at it TLR D is more about fanservice and only fanservice, anything else is just an addon to the fanservice. Its like story is only made so that boobs and ass can be shown. That's kinda -_-. Especially that first story was nice and cute.
But really, this is what makes me wonder. Now don't get me wrong, I'm in perfect agreement with anyone who complains that TLRD has too much T&A and not enough story. But the way I see it, hasn't this already the case all the way from TLR too? Sure there's a bit more fanservice in TLRD (though I think it's more in intensity rather than quantity, as the percentage doesn't increase that much), but if anything it introduces even more plot in Yami/Mea's past. TLRD has character interactions too (if you keep to the main TLRD chapters, as the S.Q.19 ones are side chapters anyway, Yui and Run got quite a good development for instance) and the last chapter with Lala's invention causing Rito to fall head-first into ecchi shenanigans with his harem is very common in TLR as I remember.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:35   Link #3239
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Dunno I remember TLR for its story not the *expose body part* antics. I just glided trough boobs and other *Lala devices* while reading the story.
As for Darkness, I leave my opinion about it, after it gets more development. Of course there is a story with Yami and all that stuff, however it seems that author/people mostly concentrate on girls *goods*. Story is there only so that people won't feel guilty about watching an art-book with girls posing, or so do it looks like.
Of course I don't diss manga/author or people reading it, its just my feeling about it.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:09   Link #3240
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Think of it this way.

Take a big celebrity that has not been shown nude. How much does everyone want to see her nude? How big of a deal is when a movie has her "supposedly" nude in it. Usually always fake. And so on.

Now what happens when she does show nudity finally. Its cool for a few weeks, then its like "ok who's next"
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.