AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2012-03-02, 11:06   Link #3341
Soraya21

I'm just glad that we finally know how old both Momo and Nana are now. That and it looks like her vital stats have leveled up since the start of the series. Either that or it's the power of wishful thinking at work there, an equally as likely scenario given how, uhm, enthusiastic... the VMC is about her.

The whole fanclub thing was a bit over-the-top, but all in all it was a great chapter with the "I just wanted to see you" moment winning the 'awww..!' so nice, pillowy-fluffy award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
At the very core, I think Momo is a girl who just wants Rito to realize her feelings, but isn't as honest or simple-minded enough as Lala to just confess to him directly, because when it comes down to it, Momo really hasn't confessed to Rito as honestly as Lala or Run have.
I believe it's more like Momo being realistic and knowing exactly where she stands in the whole love affair. Like the rest of the girls, she had barely registered as a possible love interest for Rito up until now. So instead of a direct confession/confrontation, she decided on taking a backdoor route and devised the whole harem plan in order to best increase her chances.

Not to say that her efforts on bringing in the other haremettes were just a false cover. I think she also holds a certain level of empathy with the others, on not being the first choice and harboring unrequited love as it were. Which is probably why Momo doesn't mind sharing, not to mention she's always been that type of kinky girl (she did go totally gay for Riko after all, so yeah, nothing's impossible for her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think she's fooling herself at all, she knows exactly what she wants and simply chose the path that will lead to everybody's happiness including hers. In the end, it's much better than becoming Rito's mistress (an option she considered in TLR).

Of course, if she could have Rito for herself without hurting anybody else's feelings, she'd do it; but it's impossible. Bottom line is... Momo is too kind.
Yes, I agree, which is also kind of a shame in its own way. Since if she ever felt the inclination to and put forth some serious effort, Momo's very much capable of stealing him away and achieving her own happiness.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 12:25   Link #3342
azziz

the fact that everyone knew momo is a deviluke princess surpised me,i wasn't aware of it.
it explain why no one ever say anything about their tail.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 15:12   Link #3343
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
the fact that everyone knew momo is a deviluke princess surpised me,i wasn't aware of it.
it explain why no one ever say anything about their tail.
Before Momo came to Rito school and planet people discovered Lala was an alien princess because she told them she was. Being that they're siblings of course they'll have similar features and status (the tail and the title of princess).
Old 2012-03-02, 16:59   Link #3344
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
What? No, that was Momo's delusion. All he it was put his hand on her and she was afraid he was going to go wild
Who was the one thinking, "I'm starting to feel something strange..." I thought it was Rito.

This chapter was pretty adorable. It was a good Momo chapter.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 19:14   Link #3345
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Who was the one thinking, "I'm starting to feel something strange..." I thought it was Rito.
Me too, anyone able to clear this up?
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 19:39   Link #3346
Limenade
Boss Mode

Hmm something that's kind of weird about this whole TO LOVE-RU DARKNESS manga is that its like LaLa has completely fallen off the face of the planet O_o. We see time in and time again momo or even rito's sister once sneaking into his bed. Lala did it all the time every night before this manga. Now all of a sudden she doesn't even attempt to? I mean I know she said she needs to respect rito's feelings more so but it just kind of seems like a cop out by the author to lead up to possibly Lala being blind sided by all of this. Or just leaving lala out to not have to explain her feelings about her little sister trying to bang her fiancee lol. Like if momo is in there every night you are telling me Lala hasn't caught onto this? Eh I'll be real bummed if Lala doesn't get re-involved in the series more so then randomly making a 1/30 page appearance. Although I do love momo, but I dunno how much more I can handle Lala not being Lala and over-affectionate with Rito and waking him up in the morning. Sigh harem happening or not I need me some Lala! Or we can just make a whole series based on Kotegawa chasing Rito i'll suffice with that too
Limenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 19:46   Link #3347
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
Hmm something that's kind of weird about this whole TO LOVE-RU DARKNESS manga is that its like LaLa has completely fallen off the face of the planet O_o. We see time in and time again momo or even rito's sister once sneaking into his bed. Lala did it all the time every night. Now all of a sudden she doesn't even attempt to? I mean I know she said she needs to respect rito's feelings more so but it just kind of seems like a cop out by the author to lead up to possibly Lala being blind sided by the fact momo loves rito too? Like if momo is in there every night you are telling me Lala hasn't caught onto this? Eh I'll be real bummed if Lala doesn't get re-involved in the series more so then randomly making a 1/30 page appearance. Although I do love momo, but Lala was the first and now seems to be drifting to the side
This series tends to focus more on Rito's relationship with each of the girls who have fallen for him or started to realize their feelings. It also explain a little bit of Yami's origins and I'm sure there's a bit more to tell, plus Momo's desire to make Rito into an ideal man that any girl would want (hence the harem plan).

Lala and a few others have told him their feelings and she's just waiting for Rito to confess to Haruna out of respect for her. Rito has yet to tell Haruna how he feels while at the same time attempting to find himself.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:48   Link #3348
Limenade
Boss Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
This series tends to focus more on Rito's relationship with each of the girls who have fallen for him or started to realize their feelings. It also explain a little bit of Yami's origins and I'm sure there's a bit more to tell, plus Momo's desire to make Rito into an ideal man that any girl would want (hence the harem plan).

Lala and a few others have told him their feelings, but Rito is still trying to tell Haruna how he feels while at the same time attempting to find himself.
yea its not like i binged or anything reading/watching all the manga/anime the past week...... but if i did hypothetically hah I dunno i guess it feels weird seeing / watching that much LaLa to like no lala. But I can't see Rito I guess leaving LaLa or Haruna behind regardless of whatever happens with Momo and everyone else. So i'll count on Rito not bein a p***y and remembering who his main gals are. But Momo def needs to break down his walls so he can stop being so scurred
Limenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:43   Link #3349
Freeter
i see baka people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Me too, anyone able to clear this up?
It was Rito. Had Momo kept going, he would have given in to her advances and gone all the way.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:46   Link #3350
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It was Rito. Had Momo kept going, he would have given in to her advances and gone all the way.
This is just pure conjecture. There is no evidence to suggest he would do anything.

"I'm starting to feel strange" does not suggest that he would do something. At most, it just hints his arousal and erection. Knowing Rito, he could just as easily just resist or at best, let Momo have her way this time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 00:36   Link #3351
Calca
Brina!

Momo: The only female to have to choose between seducing a male protagonist, or joining in with a half dozen other females in seducing a male protagonist.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 01:52   Link #3352
Freeter
i see baka people

Quote:
This is just pure conjecture. There is no evidence to suggest he would do anything.

"I'm starting to feel strange" does not suggest that he would do something. At most, it just hints his arousal and erection. Knowing Rito, he could just as easily just resist or at best, let Momo have her way this time.
At Rito's age (and all the stuff he's been through in TLR), he's only now realizing what arousal is? Sorry, that sounds even more farfetched.

As for the evidence, recall chapter 2 of Darkness where he instantly pushed Momo away. Now we have another similar instance, but this time his resistance has weakened considerably. As easy as it is to say that he could have stopped her after clutching her, the same now holds true for the opposite.

I'm actually waiting for the moment that Rito does start to get proactive with the girls, as it will make the series much more arousing than all the delusional cockteases we've been given thus far. Heck, I'm even thinking Tearju could be the one to set it off, if Momo and Yami aren't careful.

And Mea is one awesome cockblocker against Momo I wouldn't mind more of those moments before Nemesis steps in and turns everything serious.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 03:31   Link #3353
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
At Rito's age (and all the stuff he's been through in TLR), he's only now realizing what arousal is? Sorry, that sounds even more farfetched.

As for the evidence, recall chapter 2 of Darkness where he instantly pushed Momo away. Now we have another similar instance, but this time his resistance has weakened considerably. As easy as it is to say that he could have stopped her after clutching her, the same now holds true for the opposite.

I'm actually waiting for the moment that Rito does start to get proactive with the girls, as it will make the series much more arousing than all the delusional cockteases we've been given thus far. Heck, I'm even thinking Tearju could be the one to set it off, if Momo and Yami aren't careful.

And Mea is one awesome cockblocker against Momo I wouldn't mind more of those moments before Nemesis steps in and turns everything serious.
This! 100x I agree.

Now the only problem is what if there is a chapter where Rito and his genderswap self Riko separate? Man that would be a problem.
Rito playing(sports or video games) with his genderswap self is an indirect masturbation. lol J/K
Old 2012-03-03, 04:17   Link #3354
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Yeah this is the same guy that resisted Yui.

He was definitely turned on but he's a guy with remarkable self restraint.

If the previous chapter is any indication the guy we see is the ego. The id is much more perverted.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 04:25   Link #3355
Used Can

I've got to admit I was rather impressed by this chapter. Whilst on the fanservice side it was rather lacking, in terms of character development it was amazing. We got so much development for Momo in a few pages.

In my opinion, Momo is just realising how strong her feelings for Rito are. Notice how at the beginning of the chapter she's extremely happy, because Rito praised her and wanted to help her. I think her realising this is making it harder for her to keep up with the harem idea, because the more she falls for him, the more she will want him for herself alone, since love is such thing.

I don't think this chapter was there to point out Momo isn't lewd or perverted, because that'd make no sense considering much of her behaviour, fantasies and other thoughts on this manga, but it probably shows that whenever she's been going too far (like kissing Rito's penis for example), it hasn't meant she was necessarily enjoying herself.

Anyhow, I was extremely impressed that Rito did catch notice of Momo's behaviour. To be honest, I expected the whole thing to end after Mea busted them, but Rito actually thinking about Momo's actions and behaviour, and probably even considering Momo may like him was quite a step for him in terms of development, since he's been extremely dense so far. Of course, chances are next chapter comes and it turns out he's thinking something entirely unrelated, but if he's indeed considering how Momo feels, I think that'd be quite some development for him.

Anyhow, I think this manga is a prime example how having proper leads can make a work good or better. I think very few would argue in terms of plot (what little there is of it) and entertainment, TLR is far ahead the previous manga, and that much of it is because Momo is now the female lead along with Yami. I think the manga would get even better if Rito would develop a bit more of a personality, rather than being some bland self-insert type of character.
Old 2012-03-03, 05:35   Link #3356
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I'm just glad that we finally know how old both Momo and Nana are now. That and it looks like her vital stats have leveled up since the start of the series. Either that or it's the power of wishful thinking at work there, an equally as likely scenario given how, uhm, enthusiastic... the VMC is about her.
The VMC said they were estimated numbers (and they're pretty close to the official ones), so she hasn't necessarily "leveled up". Of course, since she's only 14, it's highly likely she will. Nana, on the other hand... I'm not too sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
Hmm something that's kind of weird about this whole TO LOVE-RU DARKNESS manga is that its like LaLa has completely fallen off the face of the planet O_o. We see time in and time again momo or even rito's sister once sneaking into his bed. Lala did it all the time every night before this manga. Now all of a sudden she doesn't even attempt to? I mean I know she said she needs to respect rito's feelings more so but it just kind of seems like a cop out by the author to lead up to possibly Lala being blind sided by all of this. Or just leaving lala out to not have to explain her feelings about her little sister trying to bang her fiancee lol. Like if momo is in there every night you are telling me Lala hasn't caught onto this? Eh I'll be real bummed if Lala doesn't get re-involved in the series more so then randomly making a 1/30 page appearance. Although I do love momo, but I dunno how much more I can handle Lala not being Lala and over-affectionate with Rito and waking him up in the morning. Sigh harem happening or not I need me some Lala! Or we can just make a whole series based on Kotegawa chasing Rito i'll suffice with that too
Lala had already stopped sneaking into Rito's bed long before Darkness started. IIRC, she decided to refrain from doing such things after learning of Haruna's feelings for Rito. So, it's not anything new. And it's not that unlikely she hasn't caught onto what Momo is doing. She may be a genius, but she's fairly oblivious when it comes to romance. Given her personality, I'm sure she'd be delighted if she ever learned of Momo's harem plan anyway.

Lala isn't involved as much as before because her development is done. She's confessed to Rito, he's confessed to her, and she's offered him a solution to his dilemma: marry both her and Haruna. Now she's on stand-by, waiting for Rito and/or Haruna to act.

Quote:

Nah, I think Momo is the only one with the potential to awaken his inner beast. He needs a girl who can take the lead and push him to the limit, just like Momo did in this chapter (and it almost suceeded). Tearju would never do that, quite the contrary (She's pretty much a female Rito if you think about it ), and I'm afraid her incredible hotness alone wouldn't be enough to overcome his high resistance. Does we know anything about Rito's preference in women by the way? Does he have a thing for big boobs, older women, etc...?

And yeah, Mea is awesome. I loved her face when she showed Momo she was the one who cut her plant. She did it just to troll her.
Old 2012-03-03, 06:54   Link #3357
Ashaman

Rito likes shy/meek girls.

When it comes to physical specs, I don't think Rito cares too much
Old 2012-03-03, 11:38   Link #3358
Shadow5YA

Quote:

You must not realize how common "I'm starting to feel strange" is.

While I do agree that Rito's resistance is dropping, that doesn't mean he was going to turn full sexual predator like in the side chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 11:41   Link #3359
Xagzan

The glimpse of Momo's yandere side was delightful~

It really is sweet to see how much deeper she's falling for Rito. But I don't think she'll ever just want him for herself. Lala's loved him for a long time, but even someone as innocent as she is was willing to share him with everyone else. I think it will be the same case for Momo, who is far from Lala's level of innocence (despite her absurdly cute hesitation and not being as prepared as she thought she was this chapter)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 11:43   Link #3360
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
regarding ch17 what did Rito realized at the end? that Momo likes him? lol ain't he so dense.. sorry my brain cannot function after the Momo service

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen