AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-04, 00:37   Link #1221
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
hey i have same worries as you.

I was just saying that i'm even mored worried based on the apparent success of the series right now. I mean its doing amazing, and for an author that had a series get canned already, what is he to suspect as to why the success is so great?

He's going to want to keep doing hwat is making it so popular right now. What is it that is making it so popular? comedy? plot? extreme fanservice? who knows. And I wonder what the author will think is doing it and do more of that.
Remember To-love-ru was not canceled due to rateings. It is very clear it ended due to Yabuki's personal issues at that time . As Chapter 24. of Bakuman pointed out it's placement in the polls were taken into consideration due to the trype of story it was. Basicly if it was canceled due to week rateings it never would have return even remotely as quickly as it did.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 07:32   Link #1222
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Remember To-love-ru was not canceled due to rateings. It is very clear it ended due to Yabuki's personal issues at that time . As Chapter 24. of Bakuman pointed out it's placement in the polls were taken into consideration due to the trype of story it was. Basicly if it was canceled due to week rateings it never would have return even remotely as quickly as it did.
Actually it was cancelled due to ratings, it's constant low placement in the mid teens continued to fuel speculation of it's cancellation, and when series around it started getting the axe, it seemed like JUMP might have been planning to change directions, especially since the content of TLR didn't match the shounen demo, anyway it's all in the air because it easily could have been ratings and it could not have been. We;d have to hear it from the horses mouth to really get a better idea.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 08:37   Link #1223
Oberon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Godly colorings for last month's chapter just came out as well. Check danbooru or orenoimouto.
Sadly some clown added mosaics to Kotegawa's crotch in both pictures and now those are the versions being spread most widely, even on Japanese sites. So far, only one of the 2 new colorings has turned up uncensored. The 2nd one is still missing.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:18   Link #1224
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Actually it was cancelled due to ratings, it's constant low placement in the mid teens continued to fuel speculation of it's cancellation, and when series around it started getting the axe, it seemed like JUMP might have been planning to change directions, especially since the content of TLR didn't match the shounen demo, anyway it's all in the air because it easily could have been ratings and it could not have been. We;d have to hear it from the horses mouth to really get a better idea.
It wasn't ratings To love ru was doing fine and it's volume sales where better than fine Jumps offical word was the series was dropped due to personal reasons.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:37   Link #1225
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Let's... not get into this conversation. Please.
Let's just accept the fact that it's being rated rather well in the magazine now, what with the high rankings and frequent colour pages.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:48   Link #1226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Sadly some clown added mosaics to Kotegawa's crotch in both pictures and now those are the versions being spread most widely, even on Japanese sites. So far, only one of the 2 new colorings has turned up uncensored. The 2nd one is still missing.
I know. I tried to search for the other one yesterday to no avail. It doesn't help that nobody seems to know for sure where he originally posts them. It's obviously not on 2ch since the ones that were posted in the Yui thread are censored. So it could be 2chan instead... the problem is that they're not as easy to find over there. Not to mention, the threads can expire quickly.

He should get a blog/site/pixiv/whatever. It'd be a shame for people to miss out on such glorious colorings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Let's... not get into this conversation. Please.
Let's just accept the fact that it's being rated rather well in the magazine now, what with the high rankings and frequent colour pages.
Yes, we've went over it billion times already. Nobody but Yabuki/Hasemi and Shueisha know the truth. There's no point arguing about it anymore. TLR's back and it's (apparently) doing well, so let's just rejoice.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 11:16   Link #1227
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
I wasn't argueing I'm just saying that the "yabuki sensei was sick isn't the only theory and only those involved know the truth" is the only explanation, still I can't get used to the month long release schedule. I'm just hoping for some real development or progression in the story, and looking at it, it seems like this will be a plot oriented story which is props for us.

Turns out their mosaic, sorry guys, false alarm.

You can say what you want about yabuki, but as soon as TLR did end he was already serialized for Mayoi neko not one month later, so I'm gonna say that it's questionable, do I doubt what you say? No I'm inclined to beleive it but the change in venue, and the "cameo" tend to make me think that he wasn't finished with TLR but something made him stop. So i'll say I'm sort of convinced but if someone was to say TLR was cancelled I really wouldn't be able to refute their assertions.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2011-02-04 at 18:05.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:24   Link #1228
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Actually it was cancelled due to ratings.
Here are some other news:
Spoiler for Real reason why it was cancelled:


Yabuki as a single dad, reason why he works only for monthly issues.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:13   Link #1229
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Here are some other news:
Spoiler for Real reason why it was cancelled:


Yabuki as a single dad, reason why he works only for monthly issues.
Pretty much that although I didn't want to post the details myself.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:57   Link #1230
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
kk seems legit, still TLR never really fit with JUMP in the long run especially with the series promoted as JUMPs flagships, (naruto, bleach, One piece) in the end it was the right decision from a personal standpoint and for a plot standpoint it was needed to avoid the paradox of successful series. Anyway I'm glad he's writing and it was pretty obvious in the shift of haruna's "role" that something did happen. Anyway the new chapter was alright, it's disappointing that the manga does use some cliche typical misunderstandings to continue to further this arc. What I would pay to see Rito get smacked with the motor bike/bicycle.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 14:22   Link #1231
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Here are some other news:
Spoiler for Real reason why it was cancelled:


Yabuki as a single dad, reason why he works only for monthly issues.
This. Plus, it was obvious that it wasn't a legit cancellation due to the way that Seiusha babied Yabuki after the fact (Epilogue omake, oneshot, getting a new series less than two months after getting axed, etc). Jump NEVER treats axed mangaka's this good.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 14:26   Link #1232
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Is mayoi neko published by one of enix's subsidiaries? Also Hatsukoi LImited, Ane Doki are contrary to your "axed mangaka" treatment.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 14:35   Link #1233
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Mayoi neko manga is Jump square as well or was don't know what happening with it since darkness started.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 15:44   Link #1234
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Is mayoi neko published by one of enix's subsidiaries? Also Hatsukoi LImited, Ane Doki are contrary to your "axed mangaka" treatment.
It was published in Jump SQ, owned be Seiusha. It's now in SQ19, a seasonal Seiusha magazine

The two cases aren't really similar since It took MK about a year to get serialized again. With Yabuki, it was less than 3 months, which has to be some sort of record.

Anyway, TLR getting axed due to low ToC ranking doesn't sound right to me. I mean, the ToC placement doesn't mean much when the tanks outsell most of the series that were allegedly more popular than it. Seems like a massive contradiction to me.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 23:22   Link #1235
Direwolf18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
This. Plus, it was obvious that it wasn't a legit cancellation due to the way that Seiusha babied Yabuki after the fact (Epilogue omake, oneshot, getting a new series less than two months after getting axed, etc). Jump NEVER treats axed mangaka's this good.
Oh yea it was very clear that it wasn't Jump who pulled the plug on To Love-Ru but the author... choosing... to do so for personal reasons. And by choosing I mean he was backed into a corner by an awful situation. Any chance Jump had they let him release something, and wanted him to.

That being said I think this move, has worked out quite well from us as from a reader's standpoint. The year off and the monthly release is more then offset by the huge quality increase.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 00:52   Link #1236
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
It was published in Jump SQ, owned be Seiusha. It's now in SQ19, a seasonal Seiusha magazine

The two cases aren't really similar since It took MK about a year to get serialized again. With Yabuki, it was less than 3 months, which has to be some sort of record.

Anyway, TLR getting axed due to low ToC ranking doesn't sound right to me. I mean, the ToC placement doesn't mean much when the tanks outsell most of the series that were allegedly more popular than it. Seems like a massive contradiction to me.
Not only that but it had been in the same place in the ToC for over 3 years and durring that time quite a few series that were higher in the ToC were axed. Also While the poll resualts do effect placement in the book the ToC is not the same as poll resualts other things effect it too like color pages, missing deadlines and the editors just desideing to place it in part of the book (Jaguar is an example of this it is always, barring color pages or a cover, the last in the book and has been since at least 2001)
Here is a link to an earlyer post about SJ ToC of mine relateing to To-Love-Ru
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...64#post2515464
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:19   Link #1237
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Here are some other news:
What a b**ch. Unfortunately that's supposed to be kinda common in Japan, just from what I've read.
__________________
THAT'S MY ONII-CHAAAAAAAANN!!!!!!!
Shinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:37   Link #1238
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
I actually think Yabuki Kentaro should build a harem and show his b*tch Haruna-model who's the man. But I salute him for being a good dad to his daughter, giving up the anything, just to raise her by himself.
Maybe the reason why Celine transformed into a child, because Yabuki wanted his daughter to be in the manga, maybe Celine = his daughter.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 23:32   Link #1239
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Scanlation is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 5:


I hope the next chapter is extra long too. And so many color pages... I can't remember of any series that's had so many consecutive ones. I'm sure this isn't breaking any record, but still.

And how is this not a sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nsfw/cover:
That's a Kanon Killer right there.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 00:16   Link #1240
Soraya21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Woot! Chapter's finally out.

Great chapter overall. I liked the scene with Rito & Momo just playing games and hanging out, mostly because it's a nice reminder that she doesn't try getting into his pants 24/7. Though I have to say, page 14 was pretty hot. And I couldn't help but notice that Momo emphasized "Today" in her statement, like she's usually not sleeping in her own room most nights anymore.

Heartwarming scene with Mikan & Yami as well. When you go back and compare their first interactions in the series, it really goes to show how much Mikan's affected her life. Also, Yami's smile at Rito was really bright but still very nice.

Probably the only thing I didn't like was Haruna's flying butt tackle, mostly because it feels like Darkness should have already graduated from needing to show such blatant, low-end fan service scenes.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.