AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 13:36   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well finally toppled the main story. Now to go back for new game plus and finish all the sidequests .

Damn fun game though. Did a great job with it.
Old 2011-10-22, 14:04   Link #162
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

lol this is hilarious.

Conan O’Brien Thinks Batman’s Getting Too Old for This S***
Old 2011-10-22, 14:06   Link #163
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
even tho he's 70 years old, he'd still woop conan's butt.
Old 2011-10-22, 14:28   Link #164
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
My suspicion is that you have to hit them in a particular order, but I can't say that's ever worked out for me.
You have to hit them all without touching the ground. In other words you simply have to hit all the switchs WITHOUT touching outside ground. Grappel Boost helps to achieve this.

P.S. AR training isn't that bad once you figure out how gliding works. Though I admit it is frustrating when you first start. And the riddlers trophys aren't too bad either once you realize that interrogating the informats put them on your map and you can even make custom waypoints on them. The developers made sure collecting all the riddles wasn't AS annoying.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 15:03   Link #165
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
You have to hit them all without touching the ground. In other words you simply have to hit all the switchs WITHOUT touching outside ground. Grappel Boost helps to achieve this.
Okay, uh, what? There's some of these kind of puzzles where that is essentially impossible. You'd have to like, fuck, I don't even know.

By the way, does anyone know how to get the Riddler trophy locked inside the little shack right outside the GCPD building? My cryptographic sequencer can't lock on to the device inside for some reason.
Old 2011-10-22, 15:17   Link #166
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Okay, uh, what? There's some of these kind of puzzles where that is essentially impossible. You'd have to like, fuck, I don't even know.
Every Riddler switch puzzle is possible. One thing you may not realize is that you can use the grapnel boost to stay in the air and the switches you have stepped on will still stay active. Usually the hardest of these puzzles require good gliding skills and the use of the grapnel boost.

Also, if you grapple up to a ledge after hitting a switch, if you hold RT/R1 while grappling you'll hold onto the ledge without climbing up. Even if you're hanging off a ledge any switch you pressed will stay active.

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know how to get the Riddler trophy locked inside the little shack right outside the GCPD building? My cryptographic sequencer can't lock on to the device inside for some reason.
You'll need the range upgrade first. Try standing on the building on the other side and locking on through the chain-link fence.
Old 2011-10-22, 17:58   Link #167
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
One thing you may not realize is that you can use the grapnel boost to stay in the air and the switches you have stepped on will still stay active.
Yeah, I, uh, realized that. I also figured out that you can actually use the Line Launcher Tightrope in some areas. Makes life easier.

Quote:
You'll need the range upgrade first. Try standing on the building on the other side and locking on through the chain-link fence.
That's some range. Thanks.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:00   Link #168
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Bah, now I'm stuck on
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Riddler Side Quest:
Old 2011-10-22, 20:01   Link #169
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Every Riddler switch puzzle is possible. One thing you may not realize is that you can use the grapnel boost to stay in the air and the switches you have stepped on will still stay active. Usually the hardest of these puzzles require good gliding skills and the use of the grapnel boost.

Also, if you grapple up to a ledge after hitting a switch, if you hold RT/R1 while grappling you'll hold onto the ledge without climbing up. Even if you're hanging off a ledge any switch you pressed will stay active.

Well that's just... Gah nvm -_-

Another thing, about side quests like Deadshot and the Identity Killer, are the clues all in predetermined locations? Or do they need a trigger like Riddler and Zaas?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 22:47   Link #170
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
Yeah, I, uh, realized that. I also figured out that you can actually use the Line Launcher Tightrope in some areas. Makes life easier.
Good, cause a number of people don't from what I've seen.~

Quote:
Another thing, about side quests like Deadshot and the Identity Killer, are the clues all in predetermined locations? Or do they need a trigger like Riddler and Zaas?
Deadshot's I'm not 100% sure about. I just glided around in the post-game and eventually I heard a gunshot, signifying he assassinated someone again. The 2nd and 3rd parts happen in the Park Row area I believe.

For the Identity Killer, all you need to do is find corpses that were killed in the same way as the first one you found. To make your search a little easier I'll tell you that the corpses are found only in the "Park Row" and "The Bowery" areas. No need to search the east side of the city.
Old 2011-10-22, 23:14   Link #171
Sumeragi
Banned

The clues for Deadshot are in predetermined locations. Oracle will report to you that she had detected a gunshot, and you have to go to that location.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:47   Link #172
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think Frank Miller's Goddamn Batman will have a talk with Mr.O'brien later 2nite. lol
Old 2011-10-25, 18:53   Link #173
Dark Wing

I finally finished the main story today and I have to say that this game is a shoe in for Game of The Year. There really is nothing out there like it.

However the only game I think that could give it a run for it's money is the next Assassin's Creed coming later this year.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:32   Link #174
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Beat Story Mode 100%, working on Challenge maps.... got 3 medals on every Combat Arena for Batman EXCEPT the Prison Riot (Extreme) map... I always seems to somehow strike the stun rod guys.... also, thought I'd post up the songs for the soudntrack, so everyone can has a listen...

Spoiler for Batman: Arkham City The Album:

Gotta say, probably my favourites off the track are "Mercenary" and "Trophy Widow"~ Also, after getting my hands on a Batman Beyond skin... I've realized that he DOES fight a tad differently than normal Batman, what with more roundhouse kicks and palm strikes.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:47   Link #175
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Goddamnit, the Identity Killer side quest is driving me crazy, I must've combed the entire west side of the city and still found nothing... Hell, I've even check the game guide on IGN for the locations but no new bodies ever turned up

I've only left this, the Riddler's side quest (Which apparently needs all 400 trophies to complete so I wouldn't be bothered with that), and the frustrating AR training missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I finally finished the main story today and I have to say that this game is a shoe in for Game of The Year. There really is nothing out there like it.

However the only game I think that could give it a run for it's money is the next Assassin's Creed coming later this year.
I can think of 4 games to fight for that title this year: Deus Ex Human Revolution, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelation.

And maybe even LA Noire, but I heard mixed response on that one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's Dark Souls, but the lack of a strong story is kind of a downer for me.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:03   Link #176
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Goddamnit, the Identity Killer side quest is driving me crazy, I must've combed the entire west side of the city and still found nothing... Hell, I've even check the game guide on IGN for the locations but no new bodies ever turned up
Have you done the initial body search? The one that starts the mission.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:06   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Have you done the initial body search? The one that starts the mission.
I manage to get two clues

Spoiler for My progress:

That's about 35%.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:54   Link #178
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My copy hasn't arrived yet. Goddammit.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 14:21   Link #179
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can think of 4 games to fight for that title this year: Deus Ex Human Revolution, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelation.
DEHR: story failure in the latter half
Skyrim: will probably be a typical Bethesda bugfest
Revelations: not release yet, but info supposedly says that they're ranking you on stealth this time (bad, because I always preferred the direct approach and leaving a pile of dead guards everywhere. It's not like Batman, where detection=death)
Arkham City: pretty short, I finished the main quest in one weekend, as I did with Asylum.
Uncharted 3: still haven't played either prequel

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon; Ys Memories of Celceta
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 14:41   Link #180
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Arkham Asylum DID win Game of the Year for 2009, so this game being an improved sequel to it has an even better chance I'd believe.

It does have a lot of tough competition though. I think Zelda: Skyward Sword, even though it's not out yet, will be another title to add to the nominees considering the series' high reputation.