AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-19, 12:49   Link #1
Breogan
Umeboshi

World of Warcraft discussion

It seems they have started to send the emails to the people accepted into the beta, and the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) on the people that were in the alpha testing was lifted, so everyone is free to post theĦr experiences now.
The game looks very promising, and can only hope they will start an euro-beta soon ^.^

One of the most exhaustive reviews I've seen so far is posted at Graffe's Messageboard. It's a loooooong post, so take a seat before starting
Old 2004-03-19, 12:57   Link #2
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
thanks, i'm really looking forward to the game, i love all blizzard games, and the Warcraft universe is very good made with great story and enviroment, too bad i'm in europe and cant betatest it yet :/

Yeah, one other thing, they haven't stated any official realease yet right? All those releasedates are just magazines/sites "guessing"?
Old 2004-03-19, 13:26   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

I must have warcraft... *ROAR*
Old 2004-03-19, 15:44   Link #4
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Well if you have pretty much any major isp (comcast, rogers, sympatico, etc.) you're pretty much screwed since the anti-spam filter deleted any blizzard beta e-mail.

Hopefully blizz will fix this problem. Otherwise pretty much no one from Canada will be playing this beta.
Old 2004-03-19, 19:08   Link #5
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
They had a thing where you couldnt sign up for the beta with any f those major isp's with spam blocker and stuff, that's the reason i couldnt sign up, I was really hoping to test this one, like i did Frozen Throne.

"Not all who wander are lost"

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

"There's someone in my head but its not me"

Series currently watching:
Bleach, Strawberry Panic!, Utawarerumono, Air Gear, XXXHolic, Ouran High School Host Club, Inukami!, Innocent Venus, Chocotto Sister, Welcome to the NHK, KIBA, Muteki Kanban Musume
Old 2004-03-20, 01:40   Link #6
Devin

I didn't get chosen for Beta. T_T Oh well... there's always a chance for phase 3.
Old 2004-08-29, 10:06   Link #7
Imazul

WoW 7days stress beta

If anyone wanna enjoy seven days of WoW goodness then try out for a spot in the strress beta.

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter...ndex_open.aspx
Old 2004-08-29, 19:07   Link #8
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Wow, nice! People can try it out and see if they like it, sneaky Blizzard.
Too bad I have no more space on my hd though, time to get rid of old anime. Blah, then need to see if this runs on my pooey machine.

edit:100 minutes to start dling

Last edited by Melty Snow; 2004-08-29 at 19:21.
Old 2004-08-29, 19:28   Link #9
Necrodeath

Quote:
"This program is only available to North American customers."
Damnit! I so wanted to try it...
Old 2004-08-29, 22:05   Link #10
Ikarus
Prosthetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
If anyone wanna enjoy seven days of WoW goodness then try out for a spot in the strress beta.

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter...ndex_open.aspx
I wouldnt call playing a stress beta enjoyable

Its going to be a whole lot of people trying to break a server to see how they can handle and wont be any fun at all, so im staying out of this one to make the whole game experience much more fun once it is released (also the reason i didnt apply for normal beta).

But if you do have access to Fileplanet and are going to try out the stress beta, dont let it change your opinions on the game if they were previously good but then changed after you played the stress beta, as it will be a nightmare

Ikarus
Old 2004-08-30, 10:07   Link #11
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
=D my Dl is almost done! Yay cant wait to test this out to see if its actually worth buying. I wont let this weight to much on my desicion though since im not expecting a finished product here. I'll post my thoughts on this later once i get it up and running. I might need to move my comp to a hard line instead of wireless if my connection starts acting up >_<

*edit* Rumor has it the actual stress test will be start sometime next week. Blizzard is just giving enough time to get enough copies of the stress test beta out there so get proper feed back when they open it up. A week or so after the stress test they will release the real beta.

Last edited by SiL Eighty; 2004-08-31 at 02:06.
Old 2004-09-02, 23:23   Link #12
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
Ahh, playin it right now! Gonna be a nice weekend. Just me and my undead warrior. . . and the hundreds of other players. . .
Old 2004-09-03, 20:30   Link #13
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
This game is Great ! Looks great affects are great, blah very fun ^^. I got a Tuaren lvl 10 warrior with a 2h axe and he PWNz. Ic great things in this game.

I havent gotten a chance to try any of the quest since ive been mostly xp grinding, but the variety of things to kill is cool. worlds are pretty vast, but i dont like how you cant take characters from one server and take them to another. Maybe thats just becuase its a beta, but who knows *shrugs*
Old 2004-09-03, 22:29   Link #14
FrostLich

I went from thinking that WOW was a must buy to thinking its just another mmorpg. I knew about WOW since they annonced it but I wasent interested in it until my bro told me more about the game. Suddenly I was checking the blizzard site and getting info on the classes and races. The fact that that WOW is going to be revolved around the story of Warcraft intrigued me (I read the warcraft books and I play the warcraft games so im hooked into the warcraft story).

The quests also interested me. Getting more experience from quests and getting less exp from grinding is a pretty good idea to me. Also, some of the example quests they released also made my heart pump with excitment. Then there is the rumour (or fact, everybody says your character will become a hero after a certain hero but since i joined late, i havent seen a blizzard offical state that but they also dont deny it) about heros which I love since I always love working towards something like in Ragnarok when u go from 1st class to 2nd class.

I checked the website once a day to see if there were updates but to my disappointment, there were none. Then I only checked when I needed help with stratagies for Frozen Throne on fourms. By the time I stopped playing Frozen Throne, I was not even remotly interested in when it came out. Although I still had a lingering feeling to want the game, I knew that before I decided to buy the game, i would research it for a long time.

What I want to know from ppl in the stress test or better yet ppl from beta. Is WoW, worth a montly payment if say it was 15 dollars Canadian. I know its only in beta and they havent added a lot of stuff but make a rough estimate. Are the quests really as good as the example quests they have on their site? Or are those quests the best ones and all the rest are just kill this and return that. Is battling fun and are the maps big but easy to navigate or do u get lost easily even with a map? Are the maps full with many objects such as maybe an abandoned tower in the middle or a formation of rocks (use your imagination)? Or is it just a plain flat peice of land?

Thx in advance to any one who replays.
Old 2004-09-03, 23:15   Link #15
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Blah, I guess I get bored of mmorpgs quick, but I really like the idea of lots of exp from quests, except for the part where most of the quest gaols/items/monsters are camped . Duelling is really fun though . Since you have to face them for most attacks to work, your skill in running around and stuff helps in determining the outcome. I've also been running around Razor Hill on Sargeras server with my nude lv 12 Troll Shaman challenging random people. Then I was able to get together a 4 man lv 6-8 dueling tournament.
Old 2004-09-03, 23:16   Link #16
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I hear some servers are very over crowded, but maybe that'll stop once people start to spread out more.

I see no point in the beta other than to see if you want to buy it or not. I'll just wait till it comes out to play it, kthx.
Old 2004-09-03, 23:28   Link #17
FrostLich

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused
I see no point in the beta other than to see if you want to buy it or not. I'll just wait till it comes out to play it, kthx.
Although most ppl join beta to play the game. Some ppl actually want to improve the game. The blizzard employees cant think of every single abuse and glitch in the game cuz they dont know what players will do to cheat their way to the top. Thats why they have beta players test the game to balance and check glitches.
Old 2004-09-04, 12:33   Link #18
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm talking more about the stress beta. The acually beta testers have a reason to play it, but I don't think opening the game to the public before it's released is really necessary.
Old 2004-09-04, 20:17   Link #19
FrostLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused
I'm talking more about the stress beta. The acually beta testers have a reason to play it, but I don't think opening the game to the public before it's released is really necessary.
Stress tests are used to see how many players can join the server before it reaches its limit. If a mmorpg were to release without a stress test, they may have a disasterous relase day cuz the server might crash and nobody can play on the first day the game is out.
Old 2004-09-04, 23:44   Link #20
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
Definately the best mmorpg to date in my eyes. All because they took out grinding. Its worth it for me.
Closed Thread