AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-30, 16:53   Link #2861
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...how do you BURN rice?!? That has got to be the worst rice cooker of all time. In the history of mankind.
Side fact: My rice cooker actually "burnt" the rice once. There was something wrong and there's was still heat without water. Though it wasn't "burnt", it was....
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:13   Link #2862
Valky
Harbinger of Sorrow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Any person can become a rep for any country so long as they have a personal IS. Nationality isn't a factor considering Tatenashi's at least half Jap and she got offered the Russian rep position. Houki was also asked and she answered she's not sure yet.

Title will most likely be made based on their performance.
I don't think they need to have a personal IS to be a representative. The nation itself will provide them the IS if they became their representative, or candidate. And became a candidate doesn't necessarily means you'll eventually become a representative either ..
__________________
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:41   Link #2863
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
^ As with Yamada's case indeed.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:40   Link #2864
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I don't think they need to have a personal IS to be a representative. The nation itself will provide them the IS if they became their representative, or candidate. And became a candidate doesn't necessarily means you'll eventually become a representative either ..
Yup that's right. The reason why the first years, except for Houki, have their PIS(Personal IS) is just because they are test pilots if the IS is suitable for mass production (Ichika's Byakushiki is exception. Tabane did to test her fold-out armor in it, in other words a "guinea pig"(correct me if I'm wrong.). As for Yamada-sensei(or you want "Yamaya" or "Yama-chan"), she said she didn't get past the representative candidate rank. Speaking of which, I notice that there are no one introduced as a current representative/representative candidate for Japan is it?

"Eating bread now as my breakfast"
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:54   Link #2865
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Some readers assume Chifuyu still recognized as one, in spite of her official retirement. In fact, assuming Yamada recently graduated from college, she was a cadet rep when Chifuyu still active.

Concerning ByakuShiki: It was made by a corporation, but they failed to make a functional unit until Tabane intervenes.

Finally, if Ichika really became a Cadet Rep, he will compete with Kanzashi.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:00   Link #2866
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
The Mondo Grosso stuff would happen after the main plot... more like an epilogue... by the way, I would like it if Ichika received the "Berserker" title... of course, he would have to change his fighting style a lot... but that is something I would like to see
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:50   Link #2867
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
The Mondo Grosso stuff would happen after the main plot... more like an epilogue... by the way, I would like it if Ichika received the "Berserker" title... of course, he would have to change his fighting style a lot... but that is something I would like to see
Berserker? That's quite good for him... He always attacks and tries to connect his Reiraku Byakuya early, that's why his movements are so predictable. Haaa, don't get so cocky just because your One-off ability is like your Big Sis', and a one-hit kill to booth.

"Watching Gundam Seed now, never watched this one before, I only watched GSD."
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:04   Link #2868
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
I always thought that Ichika's IS was the same one his sister used. Did that mean she couldn't be a representative?
Your Siegfried/Sigurd is very interesting. The name is very unusual yet awesome!
Ichika's IS is using the same core, that and Yukihira Type 2 is just the...Type 2 of the original Yukihira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
Yup that's right. The reason why the first years, except for Houki, have their PIS(Personal IS) is just because they are test pilots if the IS is suitable for mass production (Ichika's Byakushiki is exception. Tabane did to test her fold-out armor in it, in other words a "guinea pig"(correct me if I'm wrong.). As for Yamada-sensei(or you want "Yamaya" or "Yama-chan"), she said she didn't get past the representative candidate rank. Speaking of which, I notice that there are no one introduced as a current representative/representative candidate for Japan is it?

"Eating bread now as my breakfast"
Kanzashi is the current Japanese Representative Candidate.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:16   Link #2869
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Kanzashi is the current Japanese Representative Candidate.
Is that so? Thank you for correcting me.


*bows my head 100 times*


"Tired from work today"
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:20   Link #2870
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
Berserker? That's quite good for him... He always attacks and tries to connect his Reiraku Byakuya early, that's why his movements are so predictable. Haaa, don't get so cocky just because your One-off ability is like your Big Sis', and a one-hit kill to booth.

"Watching Gundam Seed now, never watched this one before, I only watched GSD."
Actually I was hoping he could show a somewhat "brutal" style of fighting after some sort of timeskip... i don't know, for example, crushing the Rin's Impact Cannons using only his hands, while said cannons were in the middle of charging, causing a huge explosion, or ripping the arms of one of Tabane's IS, and using them as clubs
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:08   Link #2871
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
That's quite brutal. But ripping can be done by the Setsura[Claw Mode] isn't it or does it not? Dont worry Berserkers are known for being brutal, much brutal than a Psycho. I'm thinking if Ichika will attain the first-ever [Third Shift], because they only mention up to [Second Shift]. The main protaganist should always have something that is unique for him that others don't have.
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:25   Link #2872
Javiersansano
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
That's quite brutal. But ripping can be done by the Setsura[Claw Mode] isn't it or does it not? Dont worry Berserkers are known for being brutal, much brutal than a Psycho. I'm thinking if Ichika will attain the first-ever [Third Shift], because they only mention up to [Second Shift]. The main protaganist should always have something that is unique for him that others don't have.
the problem with that would be having a main character who has no redeeming features, and only has his IS... and yes, i'm expecting Ichika to become brutal, and maybe tolerant to pain (not a masochist), who, I don't know, stabs himself in order to stab and enemy that is holding him from behind

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2012-05-01 at 19:26. Reason: grammar errors
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:22   Link #2873
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
the problem with that would be having a main character who has no redeeming features, and only has his IS... and yes, i'm expecting Ichika to become brutal, and maybe tolerant to pain (not a masochist), who, I don't know, stabs himself in order to stab and enemy that is holding him from behind
That might only happen if someone close to him got brutally injured(especially his Chifuyu-nee).
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:23   Link #2874
Kazandu
Striker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Peru
guys, are some news about vol. 8? or this series is really dead...
__________________
la verdadera Victoria es dar todo de si mismo, sin arrepentimientos.
Kazandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:56   Link #2875
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Most likely dead until proven otherwise.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 06:10   Link #2876
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
From bits and pieces I've heard from the Chinese fandom, the series is dead. Chance of revival not impossible, but unlikely.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:20   Link #2877
Kazandu
Striker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Peru
but why the novel got dead?.. as far as i know, the novel was selling well.
__________________
la verdadera Victoria es dar todo de si mismo, sin arrepentimientos.
Kazandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:39   Link #2878
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Author got fired for fighting with his fans on twitter.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:00   Link #2879
Anonymous_Slider
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Stupid author! He got his mind over his head! He deserve the 2,334(are the numbers correct?) ICBMs that Tabane sent!(or I might send him one someday with his name on it) Got a good project that got blown up because of his stupidity(yay! He's much more stupid than Dan)!
"Sorry for the intense words"
*kneels then bows 1,000 times*
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:43   Link #2880
Kazandu
Striker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Peru
fighting with fans in twitter? can someone b ring me more detailed info about that?
__________________
la verdadera Victoria es dar todo de si mismo, sin arrepentimientos.
Kazandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.