AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 09:16   Link #881
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Seriously though, if that spoiler is true, I might think about dropping the series. I mean
Spoiler for unconfirmed spoiler:
I know that I shouldn't nitpick on the technology in this series, but if it get too ridiculous, I might drop this series after all.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 09:34   Link #882
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Lol. Make Houki overpowered, and then, bam, she become the last boss Well, anyway, gonna take any spoiler with a grain of salt till I read it myself, but if Houki is indeed become that overpowered, the other need to get stronger fast or my wild speculation will come true sooner or later

Edit : Just got a bad news. My local Kinokuniya told me today that vol 7 is sold out already so I can't order it anymore. Well, that means I have to wait for a some more book before I buy from amazon.jp so, it gonna took a while before buy this.
you could buy it from BK1.co.jp, they do offer SAL for cheap shipping.

BTW do you live in Singapore ? I think you live in Asia or south east Asia because you usual post your translation in the evening according to Asia time and given that you are able to understand Chinese and English and your country have Kinokuniya, I think Singapore is the best match.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 09:39   Link #883
justpassingby

Quote:
Seriously though, if that spoiler is true, I might think about dropping the series. I mean
Spoiler for unconfirmed spoiler:
I know that I shouldn't nitpick on the technology in this series, but if it get too ridiculous, I might drop this series after all.
I don't know, remember what Tabane said at the cliff before Chifuyu came at the end of vol 03 (specifically pg 275) saying that the operation rate for Akatsubaki was just 42 percents then, may be Houki just jump the shark in 3 volumes lol D:

For me, I think I'm going to drop this series if Yumizuru pull another "Enemies came crashing while we have a tournament, let's have the children stop them, and then cancel the tournament for the ### times", or if he start shafting the main heroine, just because it sells. Well, look at IS's ridiculous hype Whichever comes first
Old 2011-04-18, 09:57   Link #884
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for same spoiler:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:01   Link #885
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Wait, why must 00? =.= You need to go haxer.
Spoiler for Almost reaching the realm of God....:

I think Akatsubaki and Byaku Shiki are portions of a grand scheme ....and in the end no one will give a f**k.

Hmm, my theory is Tabane is a Jade Rabbit and she has a base at Oceanus Procellarum. Yes, just throwing random BS theory while waiting for my copy to arrive
Can someone refresh me about the Shinonono's folks?
explain please, about that of Reaching the Realm of God, because I haven't watched the UC timeline of gundam...........please, don't throw stones at me
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:01   Link #886
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for same spoiler:
Still better than having it but unable to read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
explain please, about that of Reaching the Realm of God, because I haven't watched the UC timeline of gundam...........please, don't throw stones at me
How should I start ?
1. Unicorn beam riffle power = battle ship class canon.
2. I-field shield ( any team beam)
3. NT-D (newtype destroyer) = control your mech with your mind and It take over the control of your opponent 's Newtype controlled weapon (fangs and bits if you only watched 00)
Old 2011-04-18, 10:21   Link #887
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
you could buy it from BK1.co.jp, they do offer SAL for cheap shipping.

BTW do you live in Singapore ? I think you live in Asia or south east Asia because you usual post your translation in the evening according to Asia time and given that you are able to understand Chinese and English and your country have Kinokuniya, I think Singapore is the best match.
I live at south east asia, close to Singapore. How much Bk1.co.jp charge for each book shipping? And how long does it usually take for the order to arrive at Vietnam? The last time I go with shipping from China, it took 2 and a half month before my order arrive, and I don't think I want to wait that long with the risk of the book getting damaged in the process.

Quote:
I don't know, remember what Tabane said at the cliff before Chifuyu came at the end of vol 03 (specifically pg 275) saying that the operation rate for Akatsubaki was just 42 percents then, may be Houki just jump the shark in 3 volumes lol D:

For me, I think I'm going to drop this series if Yumizuru pull another "Enemies came crashing while we have a tournament, let's have the children stop them, and then cancel the tournament for the ### times", or if he start shafting the main heroine, just because it sells. Well, look at IS's ridiculous hype Whichever comes first
I would understand if the machine got stronger since it's basically the strongest machine right now, but it's just too ridiculous if Houki suddenly become better at piloting IS without any training whatsoever. Even if the machine get a lot better, in the end it can only function as good as Houki's piloting skill, and piloting skill doesn't improve suddenly.

Like I said, if the spoiler is true, I probably will drop it after reading vol 8(giving one more volume to see if the author can somehow repair the ridiculousness, which I somehow doubt considering the low number of page in each volume).
Old 2011-04-18, 10:29   Link #888
Javiersansano

Do you guys know if there is any editorial that officially translates IS, in the US, 'cause I'm willing to buy it if there is
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:29   Link #889
Ypocaramel

Quote:
lol that's the problem:

Business considerations:
1. To maximize sales, you sell what people want or what you think they will want
2. When you have something sucessful, cash out on it to maximize value gain, because you have no idea if the next thing you do will work or kil the series. Plus people have short attention spans.
3. To attract investors, you want a stable cash flow (speculators don't grant capital, they just trade).

Creative considerations:
1. Authors may want to do their own thing. It's intellectually stimulating to some people.
2. Maximizing something (a popular charatcter, plot element, popular series) might disrupt the the flow of the plot or literary flow. Or you might just not want to write any more of that topic/theme/idea.
3. Inspiration does not come regularly or when you want it to. If you force yourself to work on a regular schudule, chances are some works will turn out uninspired.

I see a lot of that being balanced with IS lol
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:34   Link #890
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Do you guys know if there is any editorial that officially translates IS, in the US, 'cause I'm willing to buy it if there is
Doubt it. If there's one, B-T will drop the project.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:47   Link #891
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
I live at south east asia, close to Singapore. How much Bk1.co.jp charge for each book shipping? And how long does it usually take for the order to arrive at Vietnam? The last time I go with shipping from China, it took 2 and a half month before my order arrive, and I don't think I want to wait that long with the risk of the book getting damaged in the process.

Like I said, if the spoiler is true, I probably will drop it after reading vol 8(giving one more volume to see if the author can somehow repair the ridiculousness, which I somehow doubt considering the low number of page in each volume).
If you live in Asia then try Kinokuniya bookweb japan, they have the best shipping rate/price if you live in Asia, for example:

I ordered Sword Art Online volume 1 - 5, it cost me 1100 Yen for shipping and they delivered them the next days after I receive the tracking.

The second time I ordered seitokai no Ichizon vol 9 + size story 月、火、水 and accel world vol 1-7, the shipping fee is 2900 yen two packages delivered the following day after I received my tracking number

registering here you have to wait 1 -2 days for them to create your oversea account.

Note that they will use EMS for Philippine.

About BK1, they charge the shipping based on the weight of the shipment here is the SAL rate and EMS rate. SAL is about 2 - 3 weeks to vietnam, EMS is about 3 days.

Volume 7 is actually quite thick, it is 300 pages long
Old 2011-04-18, 10:52   Link #892
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Oh? That's rare. Do kinokuniya bookweb japan accept overseas credit card?
Old 2011-04-18, 10:56   Link #893
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Oh? That's rare. Do kinokuniya bookweb japan accept overseas credit card?
yes they do, but the downside is you cannot order magazine or anything other than book, lightnovel, manga,..... things that don't have ISBN.

However I haven't asked them about the magazine yet, it is just that you cannot order it through the website, not sure if you email them through, my Japanese is very limited.
Old 2011-04-18, 11:22   Link #894
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Nah, I never buy any magazine. I mostly only collect lightnovel and novel so it's okay. Thanks for the link.
Old 2011-04-18, 11:47   Link #895
Vector

Quote:

quite amazing at least it's less than phone-books, so it's ok

However, anyone know how many pages for vol1-6? is its much different?

Quote:
yes they do, but the downside is you cannot order magazine or anything other than book, lightnovel, manga,..... things that don't have ISBN.
i'm quite sure that i ordered a lot of magazines via kino-web before. I think it should be ok as long as u can fine name/isbn. (whatever, Kuroshinigami just need only LN so it should be ok.)
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 11:55   Link #896
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

300 is the standard average, though some volumes of some series can go over 400 at times.
Old 2011-04-18, 12:23   Link #897
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
quite amazing at least it's less than phone-books, so it's ok

However, anyone know how many pages for vol1-6? is its much different?

i'm quite sure that i ordered a lot of magazines via kino-web before. I think it should be ok as long as u can fine name/isbn. (whatever, Kuroshinigami just need only LN so it should be ok.)
well for the number of pages :

vol 1 is 262 pages
vol 2 is 324 pages
vol 3 is 294 pages
vol 4 is 260 pages
vol 5 is 230 pages
vol 6 is 228 pages.

well each of them cost around 580 yen so you feel kinda been rip off buying vol 5 and 6.

Did you order from book web japan ? I cant find the magazine like "comic alive" or dengeki bunko on their website, did the magazine only appear near their publish date ?
Old 2011-04-18, 20:41   Link #898
Vector

Quote:

Did you order from book web japan ? I cant find the magazine like "comic alive" or dengeki bunko on their website, did the magazine only appear near their publish date ?
Yes I did before. I've never order comic alive but my friend did with dengeki. Most of magazines i ordered from book-web were fashion mag/ idol (actually.... my sister did with my credit card )

It might be like u said about magazine will appear only near publish date because it s out of stock very fast. And, if u want to order magazine I think u can book its in advance directly to kino staff. That can make sure u will get ur order.

PS. some magazine cannot deliver outside the japan
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:14   Link #899
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
If you live in Asia then try Kinokuniya bookweb japan, they have the best shipping rate/price if you live in Asia, for example:

I ordered Sword Art Online volume 1 - 5, it cost me 1100 Yen for shipping and they delivered them the next days after I receive the tracking.

The second time I ordered seitokai no Ichizon vol 9 + size story 月、火、水 and accel world vol 1-7, the shipping fee is 2900 yen two packages delivered the following day after I received my tracking number

registering here you have to wait 1 -2 days for them to create your oversea account.

Note that they will use EMS for Philippine.

About BK1, they charge the shipping based on the weight of the shipment here is the SAL rate and EMS rate. SAL is about 2 - 3 weeks to vietnam, EMS is about 3 days.

Okay, I've checked the rate, it's still not worth it just ordering one book from there XD. The shipping cost is more expensive than the book price itself . I'll probably wait for bokutomo 6 at the end of this month or even next month before ordering it to save the shipping charge.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:14   Link #900
Flere821
Lurker

Alright, seeing as spoilers are allowed here, I'll post some of my thoughts on the series as I've read 6 volumes. It's just my opinion, so feel free to say something about it if you disagree.

And I'll play it safe and say it outright: Here be SPOILERS - open at your own risk if you don't follow the novels and just read/watch the manga/anime.
Spoiler for comments:

Oh, and so far I haven't seen Chinese translations being started on Volume 7 yet, when did it came out in Japan?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura