AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 17:54   Link #681
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
It IS EP 1-4. With voice acting and more refined artwork. Just actually listening to the melodramatic dialogue is part of what makes it worth it.
Basically the same as the Higurashi PS2 remake? If they ever did this with Chiru O would go out and buy a PS3 right away lol.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 22:25   Link #682
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Basically the same as the Higurashi PS2 remake? If they ever did this with Chiru O would go out and buy a PS3 right away lol.
That's what we're counting on.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:54   Link #683
neutrino

Looking at the amazon.co.jp rankings, Rondo of the Witch is currently at #12 in PS3 Adventure games, getting at least as high as #4. IIRC, it was in the top 100 of all PS3 games at one point. At least twice, the stock on hand was reduced to only one copy, currently 12. So Chiru getting the a PS3 version isn't out of the question.

Are there any other notable changes from the PC version?
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:57   Link #684
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
So Chiru getting the a PS3 version isn't out of the question.
Alchemist already confirmed that they were planning to release a PS3 version of Chiru a while ago.
Old 2011-04-19, 06:25   Link #685
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Alchemist already confirmed that they were planning to release a PS3 version of Chiru a while ago.
When did they announce that?
Old 2011-04-19, 15:09   Link #686
immblueversion

Quote:
When did they announce that?
Several months ago. It was a Japanese article originally mistranslated saying there weren't plans to make a Chiru port (what they really said was that there are no plans to release it on consoles other than the PS3, or to release a port that has all 8 episodes). Too bad I can't find the article.

I also remember it saying that 07th Expansion already has seiyuu for other Chiru characters in mind should the need arise, but they're keeping them under wraps. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Old 2011-04-19, 20:09   Link #687
neutrino

Quote:
Several months ago. It was a Japanese article originally mistranslated saying there weren't plans to make a Chiru port (what they really said was that there are no plans to release it on consoles other than the PS3, or to release a port that has all 8 episodes). Too bad I can't find the article.

I also remember it saying that 07th Expansion already has seiyuu for other Chiru characters in mind should the need arise, but they're keeping them under wraps. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Did the article actually say Alchemist planned on making a PS3 version of Chiru, or just that if they made one, there were no plans to port it?
Old 2011-04-19, 20:16   Link #688
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Did the article actually say Alchemist planned on making a PS3 version of Chiru, or just that if they made one, there were no plans to port it?
If I remember right the article said something along the lines of "of course there's a plan to do Chiru as well, but the 8th episode isn't out yet."
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:34   Link #689
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
If I remember right the article said something along the lines of "of course there's a plan to do Chiru as well, but the 8th episode isn't out yet."
Which was the reason they gave for not just bundling all eight episodes together.
Old 2011-04-20, 00:23   Link #690
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Which was the reason they gave for not just bundling all eight episodes together.
I was certain they said that they'd only release Chiru on its own regardless. Of course, that doesn't rule out the possibility.

Old 2011-05-14, 15:46   Link #691
st_nick5

Just got my hands on a Japanese PS3, now I just gotta wait for amiami to get more copies of this game :P
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 19:07   Link #692
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Just got my hands on a Japanese PS3, now I just gotta wait for amiami to get more copies of this game :P
Couldn't you just have gotten any PS3 from your region...? It's not blocked, last I checked...

Old 2011-05-15, 04:28   Link #693
st_nick5

Quote:
Couldn't you just have gotten any PS3 from your region...? It's not blocked, last I checked...
It'll let me play the Higurashi PS2 games as well.
Old 2011-05-15, 06:15   Link #694
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
It'll let me play the Higurashi PS2 games as well.
You found a Backward Compatible PS3!? That must of been expensive, and I mean EXPENNNSIVVEEE
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 06:24   Link #695
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
You found a Backward Compatible PS3!? That must of been expensive, and I mean EXPENNNSIVVEEE
It was an old 60GB model. Cost about 105 altogether.
Old 2011-06-18, 00:08   Link #696
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
The system was modded then my friend did it for her Wii you can do it yourself now.

Finished episode 2! Wow did Battler sound epic after being eaten XD! I'm loving the voices and art very much I highly recommend this game to any fan ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 03:05   Link #697
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'd really want to know if Chiru is on the way... What cons does Alchemist usually attend?
Old 2011-06-18, 13:32   Link #698
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'd really want to know if Chiru is on the way... What cons does Alchemist usually attend?
No clue, but they supposedly do have plans to make one (I can't find the article, though). Just don't expect a release containing all eight episodes.

There IS an English article saying there were no plans, but it was a mistranslation; there are simply no plans for a full eight-episode bundle or a release on anything other than the PS3.

Old 2011-07-06, 15:10   Link #699
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

So, I found something on the Japanese PSN and I was wondering what exactly it was. I don't know ANY Japanese, so I was pretty curious. There are two things on there you can buy and download. One has a picture of Beatrice on it and was added on 3/8/2011. The other has a picture of the island from afar and was added TODAY. You can find them under the new stuff area too.

Anybody got any idea what they are? I'm assuming it's probably something like wallpaper or avatars or whatever. But I was curious.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 21:45   Link #700
Mcjon01

Pretty sure they're both custom themes. First one should be a Beatrice theme with a couple shots of her lounging on a couch in a dress and a bikini. Second one should be a theme that cycles through the Rokkenjima outdoor environment backgrounds from the game. And another that cycles through the indoor backgrounds is planned for later in the month.
Mcjon01 is offline   Reply With Quote