AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 00:37   Link #1761
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

And they said it won't be "Japanesey" and will be more of a westernized version in story.
All I see is rip offs from different mediums East and west.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:59   Link #1762
Lummie

DmC has something odd with their screaming. I can't decide which is worse Between Donte's emotionless screaming after Vorgil getting sucked up or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1At_9fNqDBo&t=16m30s
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:26   Link #1763
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
DmC has something odd with their screaming. I can't decide which is worse Between Donte's emotionless screaming after Vorgil getting sucked up or this:

MK scream they took out and ripped because they where so lazy to make the voice actors scream

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-26, 20:08   Link #1764
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:

Holy shit I can't stop laughing ! Is that for real
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 21:19   Link #1765
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

I have seen a Mortal Kombat Armageddon video in which we see the actors
making the screams. Still I have no idea how they do the Liu Kang screams.

amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 21:53   Link #1766
amaterasu4

Oh god this DmC Vorgil image reminds me to something I don't want to pronounce. You see, his hair is too ridiculous, he has too much make up in the face. He is basically that white vampire... I'm not saying that name!

Old 2013-02-27, 09:46   Link #1767
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

You guys still talking about this game? This game has really fallen into obscurity now.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:19   Link #1768
amaterasu4

Vergil's Downfall gave some more talk about
Old 2013-02-27, 13:05   Link #1769
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

I just wanna see what Capcom is gonna do with the series now. Give us a proper Devil May Cry 5? Keep the DmC series going? In recent memory Capcom haven't been good with accepting when they messed up and listening to fans, that's why I can see them trying to force another DmC on us. Or they'll just put the series on the backburner like how they've done with Darkstalkers, Power Stone, or Rival Schools. Capcom needs to stop and think about what they should do with the Devil May Cry property. I wouldn't mind waiting for a quality Devil May Cry sequel.

Note: I know Darkstalkers: Resurrection is coming out and they announced Darkstalkers Are Not Dead (crappy title btw) which is dependent on the reception (sales) that Resurrection gets. I understand wanting to make sure that people want DAND so you just don't end up wasting money, but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:32   Link #1770
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Darkstalkers resurrection is like SFIII Third Strike, they're gonna re-hash everything and sell things to you.

Agreed on the wait of a proper sequel with the franchise. This DmC in just weeks has been nailed shut dead after Vergil's downfall. Guess there is nothing to talk about anymore since there is a rumor Capcom doesn't wanna partner with NT anymore on 4chan. lol
Old 2013-02-28, 09:11   Link #1771
Chaos2Frozen

Out of curiosity, I went to youtube the DmC Bloody Palace.

This is from Level 71-83.

...Whatever it is you guys are thinking, I know the feel... >_>

Old 2013-03-01, 08:48   Link #1772
Lummie

Oh god, I don't know who made this but it's perfect.

Old 2013-03-01, 17:38   Link #1773
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
You made me laugh so loud on the bus. XD
Old 2013-03-03, 21:54   Link #1774
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Oh god, I don't know who made this but it's perfect.

Gahahahaha~!!!

Man these are the times I still wanted the rep system up.

+1
Old 2013-03-04, 07:22   Link #1775
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm sure that I'm beating a dead horse and just replaying a tune that's been heard a thousand times before.

But why does it feel like the only thing in DmC that really represents DMC is One Ok Rock's song in the promotional video? Or at least it's the only thing about the whole game that feels like it truly represented rebellion. Not only from the so called corporations, but even from social norms every single notion of acceptability such as the determination of what is cool? I think that was what made DMC so awesome. DMC was never about fitting in to what the crowd thought was cool. It defined cool.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:01   Link #1776
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think that was what made DMC so awesome. DMC was never about fitting in to what the crowd thought was cool. It defined cool.
To Capcom it's merely forking in new customers by any means because they don't regard the series as anything else than a business model. In DMC4 they already showed what they're striving for. They included bishies and a self-insert for girls named Kyrie to attract fangirls. They didn't finish the game and put it on the market too early and there was a noticable increase in sales because of previous mentioned reasons. They wanted to take it a step further by dragging our Edward Cullen/Tameem's self-insert into the story and "westernizing" the game. Old fans couldn't relate or appreciate Tameem in the game so it flopped despite Tameem's claim that Dante's not "cool" enough.

They should just give responsiblity of developing future sequels of the series to Platinum games because the longer this franchise stays in their hands, the more I fear what might happen to the whole thing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lummie; 2013-03-04 at 17:17.
Old 2013-03-04, 17:08   Link #1777
Chaos2Frozen

Platinum and Capcom didn't exactly leave on good terms...
Old 2013-03-04, 17:25   Link #1778
Lummie

I was merely stating a desire , I'm aware about the relationship between the two but seeing how Capcom adjusted their schedule to releasing Skyrim-esque games (Dragon's dogma, Deep Down) they might bring it under the wings of another studio.

If you consider the results Platinum booked with Revengance, it could lead to a comprise between the two because Ninja Theory was clearly a wrong choice since they had to sent over the whole develop team to fix the game and had to adjust their forecast 3 times. Hideki himself stated on twitter that he would make another DMC if the fans wanted to and Capcom consented so at least the man himself is willing to do it might the chance present itself.
Old 2013-03-04, 19:40   Link #1779
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The thing that most fans wanted was a sequel to DMC2 since it we dunno if that is Dante in the ending or just Trish in her motorbike or just a vehicle sound and nearly all original DMC endings are open ended.

This DmC ended with a post apocalyptic world where Donte will defend humans from invading demons while Vorgil gone emo as well is the new king of hell.
Old 2013-03-04, 20:58   Link #1780
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If Kamiya took up DMC, I wanna see his version of DMC2
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote