AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 178
091 - 100: Amazing... 2 7.69%
081 - 090: Great... 2 7.69%
071 - 080: Very Good... 6 23.08%
061 - 070: Good... 4 15.38%
051 - 060: Average... 6 23.08%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 1 3.85%
000 - 010: If only you could tell the animators/writers what you really think... 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-09-22, 14:43   Link #21
JustRob

Why the hell is Naruto fillering so much? Bleach I could understand, but the Naruto manga is miles, miles away from the anime still. I don't see why they have to make so much damn filler episodes, jeez.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:53   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Why the hell is Naruto fillering so much? Bleach I could understand, but the Naruto manga is miles, miles away from the anime still. I don't see why they have to make so much damn filler episodes, jeez.
The anime is not at all "miles and miles" away from the manga. There's a scant 60 chapters between the manga and the anime, and given the standard pace (2 chapters an episode), that is only 30 episodes (or about half a year of programming), which is nothing. Additionally, the manga is only 1 complete story arc ahead of the anime, so that is even less space between the manga and the anime.

No, we need a good 5-10 episodes of filler now, so that we do not have to worry about filler popping up unneeded in the upcoming episodes...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 23:45   Link #23
JustRob

Honestly, I prefer to have filler mixed with canon then these random episodes that make no sense. When Team Hebi was introduced in the anime, each member got one episode dedicated to them. It was not in the manga, but I thought it was nice that they tried to expand on characters like that using non-manga material.
Old 2010-09-23, 01:12   Link #24
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Honestly, I prefer to have filler mixed with canon then these random episodes that make no sense. When Team Hebi was introduced in the anime, each member got one episode dedicated to them. It was not in the manga, but I thought it was nice that they tried to expand on characters like that using non-manga material.
What are you talking about, the whole end of this episode was canon. Shikaku was called by the Fire Lord as top jounin advisor, Madara sends Kisame after the 8-tails, Sasuke decides to go to Konoha. They're doing exactly that, they're mixing it up.

It's just that there's so much material that they can use before the next arc. They -need- an actual filler arc, as james already pointed out.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 04:39   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
They already mix filler with canon in most of the episodes, and that's not enough to stop the anime from catching up with the manga. They need a long streak of episodes that have nothing to do with the manga, and the more they postpone it, the longer the streak will be when they finally get to it.

Is it really that hard to understand?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:04   Link #26
JustRob

Yes, it is. There's no reason to do this right now. You're wrong, the anime won't move in on the manga fast if they keep mixing canon with slight filler and drag things out a bit more. It would take at least half a year before the anime catches up, maybe more. Why not go on a bit further until right before the Kage Summit, and then start this filler crap?

Last edited by Hunter; 2010-09-23 at 20:05.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:27   Link #27
Sinn
Pwnage

What about better to be safe first. Geez is a few epis of fillers that BAD?
Old 2010-09-23, 07:43   Link #28
JustRob

Not if they make it decent, like the Rokubi arc. These episodes about Iruka are just blegh.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:52   Link #29
neshru

Yes, let's pad every episode with excessive filler and slow everything down so we can go back to how Shippuuden was during the first two arcs. Do you even remember how bad those were?
But don't worry, it looks like canon will resume very soon. Which means we'll be in for a super long filler arc in a few months.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:17   Link #30
JustRob

Most of the filler stuff in the first two arcs meshed well with the canon, so I didn't mind.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:25   Link #31
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why not go on a bit further until right before the Kage Summit, and then start this filler crap?
Are you kidding? You want to go on a streak of fillers before the Kage Summit? Right when the juicy stuff is about to start? After the Pain arc is a good moment to insert filler and padding. The atmosphere is not as tense and there's room for expanding on the aftermath. Expanding on Naruto's past and his moment of awesome is good filler.

What you're asking for is a classic example of a double standard.

Last edited by Hunter; 2010-09-23 at 20:06.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:45   Link #32
JustRob

Making the fans excited isn't bad, it will only make them wanting for more.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:49   Link #33
neshru

Quote:
Most of the filler stuff in the first two arcs meshed well with the canon, so I didn't mind.
are you saying you honestly enjoyed the first two Shippuuden arcs? Those abominations? Oh my god...
Old 2010-09-23, 08:57   Link #34
JustRob

I didn't read the manga, back then. So I had nothing to compare to. Apart from the ridicilous Team Gai clone battles, I enjoyed them.
Old 2010-09-23, 12:39   Link #35
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Soo .. We have 1 week delay, and what's next week ? Another filler, unrelated to this one ? I haven't watched these fillers and probably won't ...What the eff are the next fillers gonna be about.

How long are the fillers going to continue until we get to new arc again ? :/
Old 2010-09-23, 13:06   Link #36
neshru

lol @ people acting like we've been watching fillers for months, when it's only been three episodes.
Old 2010-09-23, 18:16   Link #37
tera_ha

Quote:
Yes, it is. There's no reason to do this right now. You're wrong, the anime won't move in on the manga fast if they keep mixing canon with slight filler and drag things out a bit more. It would take at least half a year before the anime catches up, maybe more. Why not go on a bit further until right before the Kage Summit, and then start this filler crap?
you might want to use spoiler tags unless its just me who has no clue what kage summit is
Old 2010-09-23, 20:03   Link #38
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I honestly prefer that they use very little of their budget for crappy filler episodes, give space to the manga, and make the manga plot more polished and just better in general.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 00:51   Link #39
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
lol @ people acting like we've been watching fillers for months, when it's only been three episodes.
I know, right? Less QQ I say.
Old 2010-09-24, 02:15   Link #40
Lukrin

All animes should do like one piece have a review for previous chapter and something like that 2 mins about roger at the episodes that should make it way less painful to watch an anime like this..
Lukrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion