AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-22, 20:33   Link #21
Bullsquat
Strange Love

For once I like to see an anime where the attention is focused on one or two really gorgeous girls and have guys chasing after them.

Sure the traditional harem anime is nice to look at with all the fanservice and all but I kinda get tired of below average guys getting lucky all the time.

They should make more of, say, animes like Cheeky Angel. With much better animation that is.
Old 2004-03-23, 19:56   Link #22
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
For once I like to see an anime where the attention is focused on one or two really gorgeous girls and have guys chasing after them.

Sure the traditional harem anime is nice to look at with all the fanservice and all but I kinda get tired of below average guys getting lucky all the time.

They should make more of, say, animes like Cheeky Angel. With much better animation that is.
there are some like that, jubei-chan had 2 guys (both dorky) after jubei. rizelmine had 2 people like rizel (although one didn't want to admit it, and rizel was in the body of an elementry school girl... which was always hullariously creepy.) there was berserk where both gatz and griffith liked caska (but that wasn't a very good example of a romantic story with all the violence and what happened to caska) there was battle angel alita (aka gunmm,) there, 3 people loved her (exept that was in the manga... and almost every aspect of that manga ended in tragedy.) there was air master, three people chased after maki's heart (but one of them was a lesbian and another was creepy... very creepy.) OH!!! I HAVE A GOOD EXAMPLE! both naruto and lee like sakura and sakura is trying to claim sasuke's love.... but ya know, other than that, men are creepy violent baka perverts, perhaps it is best for the girl to be the fisher after all. -_-;

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
Old 2004-03-24, 18:21   Link #23
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
there are some like that, jubei-chan had 2 guys (both dorky) after jubei. rizelmine had 2 people like rizel (although one didn't want to admit it, and rizel was in the body of an elementry school girl... which was always hullariously creepy.) there was berserk where both gatz and griffith liked caska (but that wasn't a very good example of a romantic story with all the violence and what happened to caska) there was battle angel alita (aka gunmm,) there, 3 people loved her (exept that was in the manga... and almost every aspect of that manga ended in tragedy.) there was air master, three people chased after maki's heart (but one of them was a lesbian and another was creepy... very creepy.) OH!!! I HAVE A GOOD EXAMPLE! both naruto and lee like sakura and sakura is trying to claim sasuke's love.... but ya know, other than that, men are creepy violent baka perverts, perhaps it is best for the girl to be the fisher after all. -_-;
You've got a point there with Jubei Chan. I haven't seen Rizelmine but isn't Griffith really after Gatts? He's gay afterall. Also, Sakura isn't exactly show white with that big forehead of hers, and Sasuke's still getting more attention from the opposite sex than her.

I'm kind of thinking of an anime where the girl is drop dead gorgeous and she attracts all kinds of attention from all kinds of guys. And they shouldn't all be the creepy loser types, some of them should even look good but is still having a hard time winning her heart.

This scenario may sound totally shoujo. Its not though, because most shoujo titles have an average looking chick getting chased by all manners of girly looking men a.k.a bishounens. Whoops, I hope I didn't offend all the ladies.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-03-24 at 18:50.
Old 2004-03-24, 19:32   Link #24
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, I loved Hollywood action movies back when they were still "action movies." For example, "Die Hard," "Terminator," "Aliens." Back when they would spend millions of dollars destroying a building or spending months to make a miniature model only to blow it all up in less than two seconds. Back when they would use real explosions than cheap explosions that you can tell it was done by CG (how awful was the ice-surfing scene in "Die Another Day").

Yeah I know what you mean I want either a No-Story kickass action movie where random things get blown up for no reason at all, or a good story (at which 99% of hollywood movies suck at) but I do not want some forced inbetween but that usually ends up in combining the worst of two worlds instead of the best of 'm ... Blowing up things for no reason at all, now that's entertainment

As for trianlge stories, the more complicated it gets, the better imho, it's beautiful when you get triangle relationships in which side characters also get caught up leading to a complex story which makes your head hurts, we need more of that !

Old 2004-03-25, 20:05   Link #25
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
You've got a point there with Jubei Chan. I haven't seen Rizelmine but isn't Griffith really after Gatts? He's gay afterall. Also, Sakura isn't exactly show white with that big forehead of hers, and Sasuke's still getting more attention from the opposite sex than her.

I'm kind of thinking of an anime where the girl is drop dead gorgeous and she attracts all kinds of attention from all kinds of guys. And they shouldn't all be the creepy loser types, some of them should even look good but is still having a hard time winning her heart.

This scenario may sound totally shoujo. Its not though, because most shoujo titles have an average looking chick getting chased by all manners of girly looking men a.k.a bishounens. Whoops, I hope I didn't offend all the ladies.
griffith was very confortable with his body around other men, but he isn't gay, after all, he did...
Spoiler for berserk anime:

hmmm, well, the men aren't always prince charming either, just look at carrot glance of sourcorer hunters, he was the least physically atractive guy on the show and both those S&M sisters loved him... goddamn that was always so hullarious

as for a really hot beautiful girl that every guy wanted.... hmmmm, the only one i can think of is Jean from X-men, both wolverine and cyclops loved her. but i can't think of a japanese anime that has that kind of theme... sounds like something i'd avoid. beautiful people piss me off. ^_^

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
Closed Thread