AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-11, 22:38   Link #141
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
awesome news. I wish Unknown would be playable

doa5 might have to wait cause I'm getting this one first
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 22:48   Link #142
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 35
Kunimitsu was a popular character that was asked on twitter to Harada to be in the game. He said probably on consoles.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:23   Link #143
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 27
http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/...50-characters/

Wow.. 50? I wonder who they are. The fight lab is interesting hopefully new players will be able to understand more about Tekken's systems.

EDIT: came across this too. The game would look worse than T6 for sure
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-04-11 at 23:42.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:05   Link #144
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
wow, they're gonna add 3 more pairs?

maybe they'll get more charaters back

like Michelle Chang, Kunimitsu, Forest Law and Alex
the 1st slot would probably be Combot
so we'll have to guess the other 5
as kenjiharima said, Kunimitsu's way too popular on polls about characters the people want to return so she's probably a given
not sure about Michelle Chang, Forest Law and Alex though
Forest was really just a younger Marshall and Alex had Roger's moves from the first TTT

I want Unknown to be playable though

can't wait to hear the characters.
I hope these characters make it to the arcades though
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:01   Link #145
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 35
Forest Law when first appeared his moveset were alot better than T1 and T2 Marshall Law. I Thought they will push for a younger breed, but storywise Marshall Law trained to better himself even at past his prime. Though I dunno what they plan for Forest I hope the moveset won;t be too similar to father Law.

Michelle Chang will probably be older here, but still has that look of a "young woman" in design if they're gonna keep her charms up.

Alex if retuning should have a new bite move.

Kunimitsu is pretty much a given.

Combot and Unknown teaming up? Well in TTT1 Unknown was selectable and in the HD version she's already unlocked. She'll be playable. Iam gonna respect Namco if they don't make DLC characters here since the beginning they haven't made any DLC on Tekken hope they don't start now.

Also it's only 10% done?! O_o
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:14   Link #146
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Forest Law when first appeared his moveset were alot better than T1 and T2 Marshall Law. I Thought they will push for a younger breed, but storywise Marshall Law trained to better himself even at past his prime. Though I dunno what they plan for Forest I hope the moveset won;t be too similar to father Law.

Michelle Chang will probably be older here, but still has that look of a "young woman" in design if they're gonna keep her charms up.

Alex if retuning should have a new bite move.

Kunimitsu is pretty much a given.

Combot and Unknown teaming up? Well in TTT1 Unknown was selectable and in the HD version she's already unlocked. She'll be playable. Iam gonna respect Namco if they don't make DLC characters here since the beginning they haven't made any DLC on Tekken hope they don't start now.

Also it's only 10% done?! O_o
Since this is Tekken TAG, the girls will be presented in their young form (or at least look young). Yep, hopefully Kunimitsu, Alex, Forest Law, and Michelle movesets (if they'll be included) will differ from their "relatives". This would be interesting to see. I do hope Angel will make it too, but it seems unlikely. Combot will present, as it will be the training dummy for the fight lab.

I don't want Tetsujin and Dr. B

Harada himself doesn't like the idea of DLC, but I don't know about Namco.
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN...30803627208704
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:20   Link #147
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yep, hopefully Kunimitsu, Alex, Forest Law, and Michelle movesets (if they'll be included) will differ from their "relatives".
God, I do hope so. I don't want another pair with the same command list
Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie are already enough for me

I want it to be like Hwoarang-Baek or Bruce-Bryan or Jun-Asuka or the Mishimas. Same Martial Art, Different set of moves.
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 06:01   Link #148
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post

I don't want Tetsujin and Dr. B

Harada himself doesn't like the idea of DLC, but I don't know about Namco.
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN...30803627208704
Me too just a tougher HP Mokojin and an old man that lies on the floor that can damage you with inching movesets and his taser. lol

Glad Harada has that mind set. My respects for him is very high now.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:16   Link #149
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 35
http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/11/tekk...ameplay-modes/


Quote:
[IMG]During a Namco Press conference, Katsuhiro Harada made a few announcements regarding the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. The game is based on TTT2 Unlimited and will include modes such as 1-on-1, 2-on-1, and 2-on-2 battles. There’s also a pair play mode, which lets all four characters battle at the same time in different planes. A “Fight Lab” is also being added to the game and serves as a tutorial for beginners with various challenges to complete against customized bots.[/IMG]
Also seems Harada is considering Dr.B and Michelle to return.

Poor Forest......
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:18   Link #150
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
God, I do hope so. I don't want another pair with the same command list
Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie are already enough for me

I want it to be like Hwoarang-Baek or Bruce-Bryan or Jun-Asuka or the Mishimas. Same Martial Art, Different set of moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Me too just a tougher HP Mokojin and an old man that lies on the floor that can damage you with inching movesets and his taser. lol
just came across this article in SDTekken.

Combot is pretty much confirmed.. but Violet? making him as Lee's customization is more than enough. Hopefully just a pallette swap for Lee. But I haven't played Tekken 4 before. Were his moves different from Lee or not?
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 04:14   Link #151
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
lol what?
yes, they have the same moves. Because Violet IS Lee
it was just a disguise, I forgot why though

EDIT:
I think it has something to do with Combot since Lee's robotics company did built Combot. maybe he is Combot's official tag partner?
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:21   Link #152
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Since this is Tekken TAG, the girls will be presented in their young form (or at least look young).
Yeah, for Jun at least, it's just looking young. I heard Harada referred to her as Tekken's first middle-aged female fighter or something, meaning thankfully she didn't remain 20 like Nina and Anna. I would hope the same would apply to Michelle if she returns.

The only thing I really, really want at this point, aside from more non-dubstep tracks, is for old Heihachi to somehow be playable, even if just through customization. Yes, I know his voice actor killed himself, I was very sad when I heard it. But that's not a real reason to make old Heihachi unplayable.

Other than that, I'm pretty content. I got Jun, Devil and True Ogre, which was my biggest wish I don't mind as much about Kuni, Michelle, etc. Although I know Kunimitsu has some pretty big fans herself, so I do hope they get their wish too.

Actually, now I wonder if one of the new characters would be normal Ogre. If you're gonna put Violet in separate from Lee (haha, wtf), there's really no excuse not to have Ogre.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:30   Link #153
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
lol what?
yes, they have the same moves. Because Violet IS Lee
it was just a disguise, I forgot why though
He wanted to find out something, so he thought that he could investigate better with a disguise. He found out what he wanted but that caused him to face Kazuya and getting himself beat up.

Violet has some moves that Lee never kept, but I really doubt that's enough to justify another character slot.

Quote:
EDIT:
I think it has something to do with Combot since Lee's robotics company did built Combot. maybe he is Combot's official tag partner?
I'm pretty sure that the leak of Combot and Violet comes from the US office, now what we actually have to hear if they just saw them or actually controlled them. Combot is pretty much given, considering that "building a character moveset" would be useless without actually using, but I'm pretty sure that Violet will be either a skin change for Lee or a NPC only character that helps you build with Combot.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:59   Link #154
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I still have my fingers crossed for Kunimitsu :P
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 19:29   Link #155
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
just came across this article in SDTekken.

Combot is pretty much confirmed.. but Violet? making him as Lee's customization is more than enough. Hopefully just a pallette swap for Lee. But I haven't played Tekken 4 before. Were his moves different from Lee or not?
It's the same just the violet hair dye. When you finish Violet he becomes Lee and then you can select Violet using circle and triangle buttons. It's just a color/name swap in Tekken4, storywise he was under cover and using Combot to get data from Heihachi and the other fighters.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I still have my fingers crossed for Kunimitsu :P
don't doubt. believe!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:19   Link #156
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yeah, for Jun at least, it's just looking young. I heard Harada referred to her as Tekken's first middle-aged female fighter or something, meaning thankfully she didn't remain 20 like Nina and Anna. I would hope the same would apply to Michelle if she returns.

The only thing I really, really want at this point, aside from more non-dubstep tracks, is for old Heihachi to somehow be playable, even if just through customization. Yes, I know his voice actor killed himself, I was very sad when I heard it. But that's not a real reason to make old Heihachi unplayable.

Other than that, I'm pretty content. I got Jun, Devil and True Ogre, which was my biggest wish I don't mind as much about Kuni, Michelle, etc. Although I know Kunimitsu has some pretty big fans herself, so I do hope they get their wish too.

Actually, now I wonder if one of the new characters would be normal Ogre. If you're gonna put Violet in separate from Lee (haha, wtf), there's really no excuse not to have Ogre.
Jun's young appearance might be because of Unknown's power, though besides.

Hmm.. as for Heihachi, I think they made him young only specifically for this game, since it's non-canon story. I believe Heihachi will be old again by Tekken 7 with the young Heihachi's VA maybe.

A normal Ogre would be plausible, but I don't really know... since True Ogre is named just "Ogre" already.
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:13   Link #157
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
^well, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, the tekken for the 3DS. it's just a 3DS port of Tekken 6
anyway
getting to the point, they used TTT2's model of Heihachi which is the young Heihachi

so probably, they'll use that model for the succeeding Tekken games. It's just a speculation though since in the movie it was the regular Heihachi voice by the new voice actor
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:14   Link #158
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Jun's young appearance might be because of Unknown's power, though besides.

Hmm.. as for Heihachi, I think they made him young only specifically for this game, since it's non-canon story. I believe Heihachi will be old again by Tekken 7 with the young Heihachi's VA maybe.

A normal Ogre would be plausible, but I don't really know... since True Ogre is named just "Ogre" already.
Oh I don't think it needs that explanation. There are plenty of 40-something women who look younger, no supernatural powers required.

I just want to play as old Heihachi in this game because I think he looks pretty retarded with this new look. That hair and mustache, ugh. They didn't even just age him down to his T2 appearance, but apparently made him even younger than that. Plus it makes him and Kazuya look like brothers, which in a game with Jinpachi playable is just, to me, weird. I don't think an alternate costume or customization options are too much to ask.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:01   Link #159
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
So long as Heihaci gets his pimp fur coat from T3 back
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 18:25   Link #160
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 27
New trailer and more info



http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/17...-will-be-free/

^ I like what he said

and apparently it'll use improved SCV's netcode. More details regarding fight lab mode.

Fight Lab video:

__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-04-17 at 21:37.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fighting game

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.