AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 11:57   Link #321
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Regarding Angela and Keiko the fact that they aren't jealous is one of the things that makes me think they aren't that serious. Well Keiko is actually suspiciously hostile towards Angela and Hato, but I think it's more rivalry than actual jealousy. She was totally fine about Sue being the one to visit Madarame for some reasons.

Anyway now I'm honestly curious, what do people think about the possible scenario where Madarame and Hato become a couple like Ogiue and Sasahara, Saki and Kousaka or Ohno and Tanaka?
I'm not sure what you mean by rivalry. Rival in what way? As in love rivals?

What do I think of Hato x Mada pair? Let me say this first that I don't ship or take part in shipping war, but I do appreciate an interesting harem like this one. Gender aside, I treat Hato like any other girl in Mada Harem. I don't really bother by it since it's fiction after all. However, I'm also wary of how the author had been raising too many HatoxMada flags way too soon. I would like to see other character raising flags as well. If things goes as expected, next chapter or two should be a good opportunity to raise Sue's flags while Hato takes the back stage which is a nice change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
If you wear your BL googles too tightly it might restrain blood circulation I should since I use my yuri googles continuosly
Must have caught them from Ogiue. Also, blame the author for raising too much BL trapmance flags. Those tends to jam your googles.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 11:48   Link #322
Alhazred

Spoiler for Issue 93:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 09:33   Link #323
kazzuya13

It feels like Keiko is the substitute for the Kasukabe if route
Old 2013-11-27, 00:15   Link #324
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, Yes yes yes. Yes Hato, finally, yes.
Acceptance is the first step to a fuller, happier life!!

BTW I freaked out a little in joy when I saw Kiseijuu (Parasyte) in Afternoon, hoping it was some sort of one-shot sequel.
Then flipped the page and found out it was only a reprint of the first chapter to advertise the manga for the live-action announcement. orz
Old 2013-11-27, 12:49   Link #325
AstroNerdBoy

*sigh* Still haven't been able to read 93 yet, much less 94. :-(
Old 2013-11-27, 22:52   Link #326
kazzuya13

I don't really like the Hato thing.
Old 2013-12-04, 02:17   Link #327
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
*sigh* Still haven't been able to read 93 yet, much less 94. :-(
Chapter 93 is out, I guess it's the calm before the storm, I guess it's there to balance out all that action packed reveals of the previous chapters. Although When the gang is back from Christman/New Years Holidays is when the ball really starts to get rolling I guess lol.

EDIT: chapter 94 is out, more Hato and a new addition to the Hato harem, I know Hato would only play on the same side of the fence with Madarame but Hato's harem feels a little incomplete without a guy, eh but I know nothing about BL so maybe he doesn't need one.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2013-12-10 at 06:01.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 17:40   Link #328
AstroNerdBoy

I finally got to read chapter 93 (my review went up today). I was disappointed about what ultimately happened with Madarame, but the drama has to continue I suppose. ^_~

I'll have to read chapter 94 when I get home.
Old 2014-01-25, 18:19   Link #329
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Re:chap 96 page 3

Am I the only one that thinks Kanako Ohno should at least consider cosplay as Ayaka Kagari from WitchCraft Works? She would not even need a wig or dying her hair, she would only need to practice her princess carry
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 12:12   Link #330
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ahahahahahahahaha

Haikyuu + FREE = Suikyuu, where half-naked boys play waterball.

Kio, you genius.
Old 2014-03-10, 06:03   Link #331
kniteowl

chapter 95 & 96 have been translated and available to read.

I was especially interested in 95 where Hato threw down the gauntlet at Sue. I'm really curious how Sue will now develop.

I hope they don't do cliche like lock Madarama and Sue in the same room and leave them there for a night or day. Although at the same I do want them to do it lol... Ah so conflicted lol.

Now Patiently waiting for chapter 97 to be translated.
Old 2014-03-12, 21:39   Link #332
The Sandman

97 is translated.

Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by how the issue of Hato's sexuality and the high likelihood that Madarame is never going to return those feelings is being taken seriously and given a degree of respect that, to my knowledge, is very uncommon in manga that aren't specifically about homo/transsexual relationships (and even in many of those manga, "taste", "realism" and/or "homosexuality as something that isn't just a phase" are often nowhere to be seen). Hopefully this is something that will continue.

I hope that Sue moving in next to Hato means we'll finally have some significant on-screen character development for her (aside from the apparent revelation of her feelings for Madarame we got back at ComiFes). As of now, we don't have much more than a few hints as to what's actually going on behind that ultra-otaku facade, some of them going all the way back to Part One. It would be nice to have something concrete to speculate with.

...think there's any chance Madarame might ask Kasukabe for some advice on his newly-complicated love life? I'd like to think that they're still friends of a sort, even after the resolution of his years-long crush on her, and honestly she's the only person he knows who might be able to give him decent, unbiased advice on the subject.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 23:09   Link #333
AstroNerdBoy

Glad I popped in here so I could get three chapters of goodness. ^_^

When they talked about the empty room above Madarame's place, I initially thought that's where Sue was moving to until it was made clear that this was next to Hato. That could be fun.

I too hope we get more Sue development. She's my favorite character of Nidaime. I was happy we actually got to see her her routine after school and the inside of her apartment. Now she's moving in next to Hato.

So, who moves in over Madarame? Keiko? Risa?
Old 2014-03-13, 03:44   Link #334
kazzuya13

Too bad no one moved to the room above Madarame's room.
Old 2014-03-31, 02:57   Link #335
kniteowl

Chapter 98 is out and the battle lines have been drawn

Yoshitake supporting Mada x Keiko
Yajima supporting Mada x Hato
Ohno supporting Mada x Angela
& Ogiue supporting Mada x Sue

I never liked Ogiue much but now it's like she's become my shipping nakama :-P lol
Old 2014-05-27, 04:36   Link #336
kniteowl

Chapter 99 is out and it's asking us to prepare for chapter 100, you know after then end of Genshiken (the original) I never expected the series to ever hit 100 chapter, man time flies by.

Btw, the last panel with Sue pranking Madarame was pretty cute.
Old 2014-05-27, 05:12   Link #337
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

The thought of Hato-chan in hot pants never occured to me before but I thonk I like the idea, hope we see it some day
Old 2014-06-03, 23:12   Link #338
kniteowl

Chapter 100 is out guys, a little sad there's not much discussion on genshiken. I wonder what the rest of you guys think of the last two pages?

Madarame's reaction makes me wonder if he ever received valentine's chocolates before?
Old 2014-06-08, 01:03   Link #339
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Chapter 100 is out guys, a little sad there's not much discussion on genshiken. I wonder what the rest of you guys think of the last two pages?

Madarame's reaction makes me wonder if he ever received valentine's chocolates before?
I doubt that he ever has.
Old 2014-07-04, 04:20   Link #340
kniteowl

I dunno when Chapter 101 will be translated but did anyone else here just read the latest Spotted Flower Chapter (chp12) [couldn't find a spotted flower thread]

My reaction is... OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED

LMAO

Tags
seinen