AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-20, 03:17   Link #261
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Did the novel clarify why Ryner Reed's appearance and personality so similar to Ryner? RR mentioned that he is also Ryner, but shouldn't their souls be different since RR came from the demon?
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:38   Link #262
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Yeah, give me a fluffy pillow and I'll drag my lazy ass off my chair and start doing shinyuuden translations.

jkjk

Lura met Lucile when Lucile met Eris.(symmetrical sentence or what) Basically, all members of the Eris family have to spend a certain amount of time exposed to Eris Reed(the 'demon' portion of the demon who hates loneliness), who is basically the source of their superhuman power. In a (cracked up) gist, their meeting went something like this.

Eris Reed: Bahahahaha go sleep with your sister.
Rex(Lucile's real name): Gaah mindrape!!!
Lura: Hi there guys, it's like a regular party in here. Hey Eris, ever wondered where Ryner went? I killed him, bahahahaha.
Eris: ..............................did you just invoke the End of the World As We Know It?
Lura: Yeah man, don't give a damn about the world as long as I can save my son. *scary face*
Eris: Baaah Ryner *runs*
Lura: You just lost the game. 8D If you were serious, I'd be dead right now, but you were scared. Btw, most of what I said were lies, but it's true that Ryner's dead.
Anyways, next time you come out, it'll be your doom, because I'll teach Rex how to eat you.
So er, Rex, up for some demon gourmet?
Rex: I don't have a choice do I. I want to save my sister after all.
Lura: Okay, I'll erase your memories of this, and you'll be Lucile from now on.^_^ And together, we shall destroy the world!

In a nutshell because the entire dialogue is way too complex to summarize.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what happened to the house, since I assume Lura was disowned from the main branch for marrying Ilna. I guess they sorta died out(so Ryner is the only Lutelu left), since they were rarely mentioned, even though they were supposed to be as prestigious as the Eris house.
yeah, it can be confusing, especially when people who haven't read the novels are bound to get confused by the names Ryner(Ryner Reed), and Ryner(Felna Lutelu) :P
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:40   Link #263
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I really haven't read as much background information as I should, so I can't really answer, but it seems like the connection between Ryner Reed and Ryner goes a lot deeper than Lucile with Eris.(prolly something influenced by that contract I kept hearing about, in which Felna took on Ryner Reed's name and became Ryner...orz, I need to read moar)

Anyways, what's true is that Ryner Reed really liked Ryner for some strange reason and voluntarily let Ryner devour him. My belief(as stated a few pages back) is that their ideals are really similar, and this also lead to the least amount of complications after the merger(as compared to Lucile/Eris).

Okay, what should I translate next....

1. Crack?(Ferris and Ryner write a book)
2. Ridiculously depressing backstory? (Ryner's past with the assassin girl)
3. Information dump + copious amounts of Love Makes You Crazy? (Lucile + Lura + Eris meeting)

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-20 at 04:41.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:43   Link #264
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I really haven't read as much background information as I should, so I can't really answer, but it seems like the connection between Ryner Reed and Ryner goes a lot deeper than Lucile with Eris.(prolly something influenced by that contract I kept hearing about, in which Felna took on Ryner Reed's name and became Ryner...orz, I need to read moar)

Anyways, what's true is that Ryner Reed really liked Ryner for some strange reason and voluntarily let Ryner devour him. My belief(as stated a few pages back) is that their ideals are really similar, and this also lead to the least amount of complications after the merger(as compared to Lucile/Eris).

Okay, what should I translate next....

1. Crack?(Ferris and Ryner write a book)
2. Ridiculously depressing backstory? (Ryner's past with the assassin girl)
3. Information dump + copious amounts of Love Makes You Crazy? (Lucile + Lura + Eris meeting)
it's really up to you. these are the possibilities:
1. if you are feeling competitive, compete with the anime and work on the last 3 volumes of DYD
2. you can start from the beginning of DYD.
3. you can work on DDYD V2.
4. you can continue on to finish up the end of DDYD V6, then sequentially tackle V7 then V8.
5. you can work on the background short stories.
6. you can work on your favourite moments (I kind of do this when I need a break, though on other project), but if possible try to do a complete chapter.
7. you can work on what you just finished reading, while memory is fresh, it's faster to work, I find (it might just be me though).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:51   Link #265
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Man... I feel I've just been put to shame, haha.... But well, my Japanese is still not as advanced as I'd like it to be. Not to mention that, unexpectedly, several things have been taking my time. But I think I'll manage to translate even more this week.

Anyway, as for what to translate next, what about the battle at Nelpha? That was superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
As a result, the monster that disguised itself as Sion managed to kidnap Ryner at the end of vol.8(if you've played the VN Saya no Uta, it's very similar to what happened there. To normal people aka Ferris, the monster appears as an ugly abomination with tentacles, but Ryner sees it as Sion)
It's funny because I remember I couldn't understand what exactly was happening during that scene the first time I read it; so, I asked larethian about it, and after he gave me some explanations, I re-read it again and I kept laughing so hard, since I also thought of Saya.

Seriously, I know Ryner cares a lot about Sion, but sometimes his... devotion makes me wonder if there's not something else there... especially, considering the Lonely Demon x Black Insane Hero parallels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
12/20. Awesome thing is, I'm in Japan at that time.
I'm leaving Japan precisely on that day. ;_;
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 10:11   Link #266
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
it's really up to you. these are the possibilities:
1. if you are feeling competitive, compete with the anime and work on the last 3 volumes of DYD
2. you can start from the beginning of DYD.
3. you can work on DDYD V2.
4. you can continue on to finish up the end of DDYD V6, then sequentially tackle V7 then V8.
5. you can work on the background short stories.
6. you can work on your favourite moments (I kind of do this when I need a break, though on other project), but if possible try to do a complete chapter.
7. you can work on what you just finished reading, while memory is fresh, it's faster to work, I find (it might just be me though).
Denyuuden chapters scare me because they're so long, and many times my attention wanders when my favorite characters aren't in the scene. orz orz orz

I'm thinking of doing some of the side-stories since they're pretty much self-contained, but we'll see...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It's funny because I remember I couldn't understand what exactly was happening during that scene the first time I read it; so, I asked larethian about it, and after he gave me some explanations, I re-read it again and I kept laughing so hard, since I also thought of Saya.

Seriously, I know Ryner cares a lot about Sion, but sometimes his... devotion makes me wonder if there's not something else there... especially, considering the Lonely Demon x Black Insane Hero parallels.


I'm leaving Japan precisely on that day. ;_;
The Saya vibes started coming when Ferris saw the thing 'with seven arms' and my mind went "HOLY CRAP LOVECRAFTIAN OCTOPUS KIDNAPPING RYNER" and replaced all the 'arms' with 'tentacles'. And I haven't even played the VN....D: I'm still confused on what exactly Remles wanted to achieve by killing the hero and goddesses though...

By this point I'm pretty sure that Ryner's feelings toward Sion really do extend beyond simple friendship, although I really can't make any conclusions since Kagami intentionally kept the 'love' between the hero and the demon vague. (Milk Goddess almost said they were star-crossed lovers though. lolz.)

Ah, well, I'm sure bookstores sell those things a day or two before the release date, don't they?<_< Used Can, do you stay in Japan for most of the year or are you on an extended trip or something?

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-20 at 10:26.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 10:30   Link #267
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
By this point I'm pretty sure that Ryner's feelings toward Sion really does extend beyond simple friendship, although I really can't make any conclusions since Kagami intentionally kept the exact relationship between the hero and the demon vague. (Milk Goddess almost said they were star-crossed lovers though. lolz.)
Exactly. The whole relationship between Ryner and Ferris has been there. However, even if we've had moments in which we've seen Ryner's thoughts about Ferris' beauty or even times in which she's made him blush, Ryner's devotion for Sion is just... suspicious. I understand Sion was one of the first friends he made and I understand the impact Sion had in Ryner's life, especially considering the time in which they became friends, since those were difficult times for Ryner, but sometimes I think Ryner idolises Sion far too much and seriously puts up with a lot of shit he probably shouldn't. Hell, even an open homosexual wouldn't put up with all of Sion's rubbish. Yet, I still remember Ryner's thoughts at the end of Denyuuden on how it was okay if it was Sion who killed him.

I also tend to laugh whenever Sion says he has to "eat" Ryner. There are just too many ways in which you can take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Ah, well, I'm sure bookstores sell those things a day or two before the release date, don't they?<_< Used Can, do you stay in Japan for most of the year or are you on an extended trip or something?
No dude, Japan always goes by the date. Anyway, I've been here for a bit more than a year. I've been taking some Japanese classes and teaching some English.

But well, I guess I can do with it the same thing I plan on doing with Umineko EP8 and have a friend ship them to me.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:11   Link #268
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
What is the translation you did ?
The King ?
The Fallen Alpha on the field ? ^^
I'm seriously confused about all the translations. I only read the one with Ferris Past so when i saw first volume of the sequel and volume six ... I don't know what i have to read.
I quote myself because i'm afraid do not understand all the things i have to read. ^^
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:16   Link #269
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
if possible, try to work on complete chapters for English style consistency, and easier for editors, if we get some. and man, if you can do 50 pages in 2 days, you can complete some of the chapters easily in under a week. DDYD V6 C4 is just an exception with about 200 pages.

and no worries, Used Can, there is no deadline. but if possible, head down to baka-tsuki and register the pages you are working on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
I quote myself because i'm afraid do not understand all the things i have to read. ^^
then don't read the sequel for now and just be patient.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:52   Link #270
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the rainbow
Someone said on the last pages that Lonely demon/Mad hero relationship was more like a parental one than a lovers relationship. Judging by what both of you say, I can see Ryner/Lucile/Sion relationship very alike.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 14:11   Link #271
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Quote:
then don't read the sequel for now and just be patient.
Thanks, i think i will do that.
I prefer to read chapter 1 before chapter 2.
And not chapter 26 before chapter 11. ^^
Thanks for all your hard work.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 14:59   Link #272
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
maybe the reason why Glovil thinks that the hero and the LD is the distortion of the world maybe becuz it was mideval at that time and BL is so not popular and they think RER and AR will form a religion of man to man love~ hehehe just joking
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 15:42   Link #273
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
i would seriously rage if this turned into Yoai/BL. Give me ferris, keifer, pia, ect as long as its not that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 15:50   Link #274
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the rainbow
Hey, aren't Rule Fragments something made by Goddesses? To the Goddesses, certainly the Mad Hero and The Lonely Demon must look like a pair who wants to destroy the world... their world. It's natural.

Or am I missunderstanding anything?
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 18:23   Link #275
DeadlySoldier37
The players president
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Annandale, Virginia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Hey, aren't Rule Fragments something made by Goddesses? To the Goddesses, certainly the Mad Hero and The Lonely Demon must look like a pair who wants to destroy the world... their world. It's natural.

Or am I missunderstanding anything?
From what I understand everything in the world was created that includes the Goddesses, the Mad Hero, and everything else. The only thing that wasn't created and that nobody knows about is The Lonely Demon.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 07:10   Link #276
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
lol Baka-tsuki is still down even after I finished translating, so I stuffed the whole thing into google docs. This is an unedited version, so please excuse any typos/awkward wording you see~ 90% of the 'Eris' is actually written as <<demon>>, but with Eris as the furigana.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CIKp7tIC

Also, with all the crazy laughter going on, someone should an Umineko parody or sth. Eris Reed as 34 and Ryner Reed as Trollkastel, because you know what they say about the nice ones.

Ahahahaha...ahaahahahah....hahhahahahahahahah..... ......
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 07:55   Link #277
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Shit... dude, you're lightning fast. Thank you.

Anyway, I wonder if I should pic up Kuro. I found it interesting how it seemed set to explain further what Denyuuden didn't explain, but I wonder if the info there is that valuable.

I wonder if I should buy that Guide of Denyuuden as well... but I wonder if that's nothing but illustrations and the like.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 07:59   Link #278
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Only during the weekends, only during the weekends.

Kuro actually offers some pretty substantial background information along with the light-hearted fluff stories. Unlike Toriaezu, Kuro has 60~70% backstory as compared to the 5% that we get from Toriaezu. lol However, I'm not really interested in the Sion revolution stories(which is mostly what the previous few volumes are about)...vol5(and vol 4 judging from the cover, although I haven't read it yet) just happens to give me some information that I needed.

Amazon makes it sound like that the guidebook has setting explanations and stuff. I'm going to buy it anyways because I'm such a fangirl.

Sample page? http://ameblo.jp/takayakagami/image-...846034180.html

'Friendship with Sion'. lol
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 08:06   Link #279
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
That's what I mean. Other than the fact I dislike Sion, the whole deal with the revolution, even if it'd be rather interesting, doesn't really offer too much valuable information (regarding events to come) in my opinion, other than the fact Lura has been orchestrating this and how Lucile has been playing his part out.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 08:17   Link #280
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
thanks Def . what timezone are you in btw?
I'm getting the guide as well, but why no figurines made!?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.