AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-09, 22:13   Link #401
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Spoiler for Ep. 23:
!
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:16   Link #402
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Wow~ watch 23 and I thought It was wierd for Shion to specialize magic when he's the hero but looks like I was wrong! he's more specialize in close quarters cuz he can fight Ryner on terms! well its awesome even without the SnA and BH!
Sion is actually nowhere near Ryner in terms of fighting. Sitting on your chair signing papers every day don't exactly constitute the best physical exercise.(and even during their academy days Sion was worse than Ryner) The last scene really, really overplayed his abilities. (I think Ferris is the only one who ever cut through Izuchi?) Either that or Ryner was trying even less than usual(which is extremely understandable).

Me and a bunch of people used to joke that Ceui's Energy was the demon's confession to the hero or sth, but I never expected that it'd actually be used in the anime.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-12-10 at 02:13.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:26   Link #403
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ceui's Energy?

And man was 23 slow-paced considering the hectic developments before that. It kept baiting the massive mood lash every 5 minutes. Was the novel like that, where it instantly just jumped into the battle scene?
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:50   Link #404
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Ceui's Energy?

And man was 23 slow-paced considering the hectic developments before that. It kept baiting the massive mood lash every 5 minutes. Was the novel like that, where it instantly just jumped into the battle scene?
It's the B-side song that came with her Last Inferno single. A lot of people now think that all of the Denyuuden songs are about the hero/Sion and the demon/Ryner now.

No, the ending scene was actually an interlude of sorts in the actual novel. Ryner and Sion parted on peaceful terms, but I believe the abrupt transition into the battle scene acted as a preview of sorts. Judging from the quotes on the official site, they might rewind a bit and show the beginning of their rainy meeting.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-12-10 at 03:49.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 13:01   Link #405
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Ok, now that the anime is almost over I have a few questions for you all.... I feel horrible I'm always asking stupid questions on this board.

Anyway, going back to the beginning in ep3 when Ryner went berserk during the "Estabul invasion/attack" once he killed all the soldiers and approached Keifer and Sion he, or Alpha, says "What's this? My power... the contract is different.". I would understand if Sion already contained the FH, but he didn't, and Alpha continues to state "You two are dangerous." It could simply be explained that it is because Ryner cares for them, but that seems to easy. Is there a reason for him stating this? Also, when Ferris and Lucile are speaking of the attack Lucile states that Sion is carrying something...which unless they're talking about his blood or personal capabilities, it makes no sense to me for him to say this.

Alright! I think that's it for now! BTW, Thanks for the completion of Vol. 1! Chapter 4 was very good, but, man, what a place to end it! They acknowledged a couple of things that I felt though, which I was grateful for.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:06   Link #406
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
Ok, now that the anime is almost over I have a few questions for you all.... I feel horrible I'm always asking stupid questions on this board.

Anyway, going back to the beginning in ep3 when Ryner went berserk during the "Estabul invasion/attack" once he killed all the soldiers and approached Keifer and Sion he, or Alpha, says "What's this? My power... the contract is different.". I would understand if Sion already contained the FH, but he didn't, and Alpha continues to state "You two are dangerous." It could simply be explained that it is because Ryner cares for them, but that seems to easy. Is there a reason for him stating this? Also, when Ferris and Lucile are speaking of the attack Lucile states that Sion is carrying something...which unless they're talking about his blood or personal capabilities, it makes no sense to me for him to say this.

Alright! I think that's it for now! BTW, Thanks for the completion of Vol. 1! Chapter 4 was very good, but, man, what a place to end it! They acknowledged a couple of things that I felt though, which I was grateful for.
Your presumed explanation is correct. Alpha had previously experienced the same thing(someone close to Ryner stopping his rampage - it was Milk the first time), so he considered Sion and Kiefer dangerous because they seemed to be capable of the same thing.

Sion is carrying something? Sorry, I don't seem to remember this. Can you give me a specific reference?
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 00:22   Link #407
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Your presumed explanation is correct. Alpha had previously experienced the same thing(someone close to Ryner stopping his rampage - it was Milk the first time), so he considered Sion and Kiefer dangerous because they seemed to be capable of the same thing.

Sion is carrying something? Sorry, I don't seem to remember this. Can you give me a specific reference?
So, Milk stopped him too, but isn't that just because
Spoiler for Milk:


Concerning when Lucile makes that comment; it is in the beginning of ep.3 when he rips the head of that Duke off and Ferris figures out he(Sion) is/was a prince. I believe it's around 1:40 or so.

Anyway, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I've been wondering what it all meant for awhile and was hoping the anime would offer more answers before the end.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:02   Link #408
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
So, Milk stopped him too, but isn't that just because
Spoiler for Milk:


Concerning when Lucile makes that comment; it is in the beginning of ep.3 when he rips the head of that Duke off and Ferris figures out he(Sion) is/was a prince. I believe it's around 1:40 or so.

Anyway, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I've been wondering what it all meant for awhile and was hoping the anime would offer more answers before the end.
No, Milk as a Goddess didn't have anything to do with it. Ryner forcibly overrode Alpha's consciousness when he saw that he's going to hurt Milk, who was very dear to him at that time(I've translated that particular segment a few pages ago if you've missed it).

Alright, I've looked at that, and it seemed like they simplified the line bit. In the novel it was

"Yes. He is not me. I'm not really expecting anything of his strength, but something that surpasses that. His life is constantly wavering. But Ferris, you saved him once. And I didn't kill him. What could this mean? Fu,fufu....isn't this interesting."

I guess at this point, even Lucile himself isn't completely sure about what he's talking about, but I *think* he's describing his gut feeling of Sion possessing something that would enable him to devour the hero completely instead of succumbing to his madness like the previous kings of Roland.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:57   Link #409
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
As a sucker for sub-romances, were there anything interesting missing from the Claugh-Noa development ( were they as 'behind the scenes' as the anime ) or the mild hints between Eslina-Calne? ( why is he acting like such a playboy anyway? Feeling guilty over her brother's death? )
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:11   Link #410
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Ryner forcibly overrode Alpha's consciousness when he saw that he's going to hurt Milk, who was very dear to him at that time(I've translated that particular segment a few pages ago if you've missed it).
Hmmm, I must have. There are still a few things I have not read yet. But, I'll definitely go back and check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I guess at this point, even Lucile himself isn't completely sure about what he's talking about, but I *think* he's describing his gut feeling of Sion possessing something that would enable him to devour the hero completely instead of succumbing to his madness like the previous kings of Roland.
Alright, I'll take that. I was thinking he was possibly referring to his capabilities in that respect. What he said in th LN made a lot more sense.

But wouldn't it be cool if they're holding out on something pertaining to the main characters. Yeah... I know that's far fetched, but hey. I enjoy the series very much since it is difficult to predict. Although, I know for you long term LN readers it probably is a little easier, but isn't Kagami trying to wrap up the story?
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:08   Link #411
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Uploaded Extra Stage I from Toriden vol.9, on Germer and Ryner's reunion. She leaves him with a solemn warning that we know he's not going to heed...

Might be taking a small break since SOUND HORIZON 7TH STORY CD. My translator instincts are forcing me to translate the whole album.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-12-13 at 09:36.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:21   Link #412
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
seems like my updates will be slower as well. doing last minute festive shopping, and closing off some year-end work. well at least I won't be going to Seoul anytime soon for biz trips due to the tension.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 18:42   Link #413
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanks Defade for the upload! Both you and Larethian already do so much for the project. I hope the Holidays goes well for you both!
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 13:28   Link #414
VFN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Thanks Defade and Larethian both, your help translating is much appreciated.

Best regards.
VFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 03:39   Link #415
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Oh my god~ today's the last episode! Im so gonna miss this show!
but before that lets rewatch them all!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 14:43   Link #416
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I really like Ferris' casual behavior when she uses Ryner's chest for resting. ^.^

It was nice seeing Lucile puts Froaude in his place although it didn't last very long. Too bad Frouade's arm is not permanently removed...

Will Ferris and Keifer meet one another in the next chapter?
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:38   Link #417
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Uploaded Extra Stage I from Toriden vol.9, on Germer and Ryner's reunion. She leaves him with a solemn warning that we know he's not going to heed...

Might be taking a small break since SOUND HORIZON 7TH STORY CD. My translator instincts are forcing me to translate the whole album.
translator-sama,i have a request:could you-or larethian-consider translating the monologue of ryner's father in daidenyuden vol.7 from the point he(and his wife)realize his son is an alphastigma?i'm interested in knowing how he-a mere human- did get all those knowloedge about priest,godess,artofal etc...
this is just a humble request,of course;when or wether you'll do it is up to you.
i just hope when you have time you'll think about it .
thank you.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 16:27   Link #418
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Now I get why Shion wanted to kill Ryner!
He doesn't want Ryner to become immortal to the point he will suffer eternal sorrow and sadness! oh yeah~ Im a guy but its ok for ShionXRyner!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 18:05   Link #419
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Well......... now that the last episode is out; how did it really happen?? I've read the scene in DDYD, but obviously they just recapped it there. I don't remember reading about Lucile, nor *multiple* blades. O_o Just curious on the differences. Either way it was a powerful episode. All admit it..... I cried a little....even though I knew what was coming! =.......( But, I'm a wussy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Now I get why Shion wanted to kill Ryner!
He doesn't want Ryner to become immortal to the point he will suffer eternal sorrow and sadness! oh yeah~ Im a guy but its ok for ShionXRyner!
I always took it that Sion rather kill him before he awoke as the SoAE than consume him. Since, if he killed him before hand the SoAE would move on to inhabit someone else, and he could consume someone he didn't care so deeply about. Yes Ryner would die, but consuming him would mean submitting him to the *darkness*. Where he would, as you were saying, spend an eternity alone in sadness. I don't know if Ryner become immortal once he awakens as the SoAE....my guess is "no" because there are still a lot of people trying to kill him. O_o

But, I'm still comparatively new to the story. So, I could be wrong (Someone please correct me if I am! @_@). But I definitely agree.... I wouldn't normally say this either, but I think it's ok for RynerxSion too! The story between them, the Hero, and the LD is just to emotionally powerful .....only problem is what would happen to Ferris!!! >_<

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2010-12-16 at 18:08. Reason: bad proof reading skills
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 18:42   Link #420
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
yuck please no BL, he has enuff pretty girls around him to keep this BL crap out. Close friends are ok, BL not ok.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.