AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 04:32   Link #801
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Ferris x Ryner? No way . I don't know about Ryner x Ferris though, romance is not really strong nor important in Denyuuden, compared to Itsuten (though Itsuten has some facepalming scenes though romance element is crucial to the central plot).

As for overall happy happening, to a certain extent, I would say it's highly likely. Since Kagami had mentioned before that his writing is based on his life and he's writing it to give hope to people who are struggling in dark and difficult times.
Maybe you're right..but i always thought that the romance in this novel has a good importance for the end of the novel

i mean...Ryner and Ferris, both of them...have a bad childhood...we know that Ryner always thought to be lonely..and ferris..her emotion..after what happen when she was young..with her father.....

so i mean..would be epic..if in the end of the novel their become a couple..is for this that i want they be together...The Lonely Demon...with the girl that has not emotion...they have a good match to bring each other happiness and love

in the end..Ryner change because of Ferris.....and Ferris change because of Ryner...
Old 2012-04-20, 13:12   Link #802
moonbliss

Spoiler for Ferris and dango+cycles:
moonbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:08   Link #803
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

dude seriously tho... ferris is balanced... id say she's probably one of the most balanced female swordsman ive read about.
Seeing how most female swordsman are all typically OVERPOWERED.

Im just curious what would seriously happen to Ryner if he found himself inside a dango suit and left locked in a room with ferris.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 19:59   Link #804
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
dude seriously tho... ferris is balanced... id say she's probably one of the most balanced female swordsman ive read about.
Seeing how most female swordsman are all typically OVERPOWERED.

Im just curious what would seriously happen to Ryner if he found himself inside a dango suit and left locked in a room with ferris.
He will get 'devoured' of course
Old 2012-04-27, 21:02   Link #805
moonbliss

Okay, I have a question for larethian or anyone else who read the books. XD I've just read the very end of Ochita Kuroi Yūsha no Densetsu (I was also following the manga serialization) and...

Spoiler for Sion and the former king:
moonbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:44   Link #806
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbliss View Post
Okay, I have a question for larethian or anyone else who read the books. XD I've just read the very end of Ochita Kuroi Yūsha no Densetsu (I was also following the manga serialization) and...

Spoiler for Sion and the former king:
Sorry, I haven't read Ochiden yet.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:05   Link #807
kfcpanda

Has main storyline for this ended?

There's so many different sets of stories, which are of the main line and which are just side stories/non-canon?

Edit also:
I noticed you guys made a heavyweight chart to depict power rankings and I got a bit confused.
What's the difference between Ryner Lute/Ryner Reed/Ryner Eris Reed?

Last edited by kfcpanda; 2012-07-23 at 07:34. Reason: More questions:
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 22:25   Link #808
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Has main storyline for this ended?

There's so many different sets of stories, which are of the main line and which are just side stories/non-canon?

Edit also:
I noticed you guys made a heavyweight chart to depict power rankings and I got a bit confused.
What's the difference between Ryner Lute/Ryner Reed/Ryner Eris Reed?
It hasn't.
They are all cannon.

Hard to explain in a minute. The first is a person. The second is part of the third.
Old 2012-07-24, 00:03   Link #809
kfcpanda

Ah I see, so just varying places/times then I assume.

Alright, so the first/Ryner Lute = the standard Ryner.

Ryner Reed = Ryner + Alpha Stigma

Ryner Eris Reed = Ryner + Lonely portion?
Or am I mistaken?

Also:
Is there any chance one of you could do a short synopsis of the volumes?
The last volume translated at BT is at sort of a cliffhanger, I'm not asking for like pages and pages, just maybe like one or two paragraphs describing each volume as this series fascinates me and I'd like to know what's going on.

Emphasis on Ryner/Ferris relationship would be appreciated as well

I'm really anxious to see if they get closer since the last I've heard anything about them consisted of Lucille warning Ryner not to get close to her as he too is a monster; Ryner then goes to ignore/reject Ferris' confession at the beginning of volume 1 of DDYD...?
Old 2012-07-24, 00:20   Link #810
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Ah I see, so just varying places/times then I assume.

Alright, so the first/Ryner Lute = the standard Ryner.

Ryner Reed = Ryner + Alpha Stigma

Ryner Eris Reed = Ryner + Lonely portion?
Or am I mistaken?

Also:
Is there any chance one of you could do a short synopsis of the volumes?
The last volume translated at BT is at sort of a cliffhanger, I'm not asking for like pages and pages, just maybe like one or two paragraphs describing each volume as this series fascinates me and I'd like to know what's going on.

Emphasis on Ryner/Ferris relationship would be appreciated as well

I'm really anxious to see if they get closer since the last I've heard anything about them consisted of Lucille warning Ryner not to get close to her as he too is a monster; Ryner then goes to ignore/reject Ferris' confession at the beginning of volume 1 of DDYD...?
The recommended sequence of reading Denyuuden + Toriden:
DYD 1 --> DYD 2 --> TD 1 --> TD 2 --> DYD 3 --> TD 3 --> TD 4 --> DYD 4 --> TD 5 --> TD 6 --> DYD 5 --> TD 7 --> TD 8 --> DYD 6 --> DYD 7 --> DYD 8 --> DYD 9 --> DYD 10 --> TD 9 --> TD 10 --> TD 11 --> DYD 11

Denyuuden covers the main storyline in the prequel.
Toriden covers 2 things, short stories that take place in between the timeline of the main story and the past background stories of the characters.
Daiden covers the main storyline in the sequel.
Ochiden covers the 2-year revolution period.

Ryner Reed (Solver) + Eris Reed (Weaver) = Ryner Eris Reed (All Equations)
Ryner Eris Reed is the existence of the Lonesome Demon.
Ryner Reed (Solver) is the Lonesome portion (1/2 of the Lonesome Demon) and implanted into Ryner Lute. Eris Reed is the other half and implanted into Lucile.

Sorry, I don't do synopsis for Denyuuden since I haven't given up TL-ing it yet. But I can tell you that
Spoiler:

Now, I'm waiting for news to see whether there will be a v12 or another sequel.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:07   Link #811
Hendog

I read somewhere that Kagami Takaya was going to finish Itsuka then start with densetsu again. I can't remember where I read but it wasn't confirmed or anything. Just really eager for some more Ryner x Ferris ^_^
Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:29   Link #812
kfcpanda

Quote:
The recommended sequence of reading Denyuuden + Toriden:
DYD 1 --> DYD 2 --> TD 1 --> TD 2 --> DYD 3 --> TD 3 --> TD 4 --> DYD 4 --> TD 5 --> TD 6 --> DYD 5 --> TD 7 --> TD 8 --> DYD 6 --> DYD 7 --> DYD 8 --> DYD 9 --> DYD 10 --> TD 9 --> TD 10 --> TD 11 --> DYD 11

Denyuuden covers the main storyline in the prequel.
Toriden covers 2 things, short stories that take place in between the timeline of the main story and the past background stories of the characters.
Daiden covers the main storyline in the sequel.
Ochiden covers the 2-year revolution period.

Ryner Reed (Solver) + Eris Reed (Weaver) = Ryner Eris Reed (All Equations)
Ryner Eris Reed is the existence of the Lonesome Demon.
Ryner Reed (Solver) is the Lonesome portion (1/2 of the Lonesome Demon) and implanted into Ryner Lute. Eris Reed is the other half and implanted into Lucile.

Sorry, I don't do synopsis for Denyuuden since I haven't given up TL-ing it yet. But I can tell you that
Spoiler:

Ah I see...

On the part about Ryner/Eris/Reed, so theoretically Ryner and Lucille would have to somehow become one in order for Ryner Eris Reed/strongest character to come into existence...?
& How does Mad Hero measure up against the Lonesome Demon?

And thanks for the explanation, though I'm really more anxious for developments with Ferris . Has another confession been hit? Have they crossed the bridge that Lucille described/the thing about monsters forbidden to mix blood with her and how Ryner can't trust himself to anyone? Lucille still cockblocking/still stopping them?
Throw me a bone here haha

Also:
Is there any way for someone who can't read a foreign language to help translations?
I can understand spoken Chinese but that's it...
In return, I can type pretty quickly (120 wpm) and I'd like to say I'm quite eloquent

Reason I'm asking is that I have a buttload of free time right now and there's quite a few series I like and would like to help (DDYD, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Seikoko no Ryuu Kishi, Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai, and Boku wa Tomodachi Sukanai)

Edit:
I'm continuing to read back in this thread-so Ryner loses his arms in volume 6?
Does he regrow new ones via powers or is he just unarmed now? (figuratively speaking)

Last edited by kfcpanda; 2012-07-24 at 04:03. Reason: arm question
Old 2012-07-24, 04:19   Link #813
sky black swordman

First on this
Quote:

But I can tell you that
Spoiler:

Is the series over? And what happend to the love triangle with Ryner, Ferris, and Kiefer?

@kfcpanda I think his Dad fixed his arm and the other was healed and reached in vol 6.
Old 2012-07-24, 13:28   Link #814
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
First on this
Is the series over? And what happend to the love triangle with Ryner, Ferris, and Kiefer?

@kfcpanda I think his Dad fixed his arm and the other was healed and reached in vol 6.
No according to the afterword. Nothing happened. There's not much love stuff, except Ferris and Kiefer had to work together to save Ryner in v9 or 10.
Old 2012-07-24, 15:39   Link #815
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

uhhh how did Kiefer pull off getting ferris to work with her?

Did she bribe her with a crate of dango's?

I would assume ferris is the solo type... only works with Ryner or go at it solo.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:44   Link #816
sky black swordman

Quote:

I would assume ferris is the solo type... only works with Ryner or go at it solo.
A Dango bribe may work.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:51   Link #817
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Well, the dango bribe did work on me. I'll postpone my retirement because of this series. Don't worry about the series after you retire, Lare.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 03:04   Link #818
sky black swordman

^ Ok now I am curious what do Dango taste like?
Old 2012-07-25, 05:18   Link #819
R.LocK
My turn

...Dango saves the day. Until angry readers come, God forbid.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 04:26   Link #820
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:

It's Ferris first discovering Ryner got kidnapped by Remurus and she went to Kiefer for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, the dango bribe did work on me. I'll postpone my retirement because of this series. Don't worry about the series after you retire, Lare.
Great, sounds like we got another believer in Denyuuden religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Ok now I am curious what do Dango taste like?
Dango is mostly sweet, but there are also salty ones (Shoyuu dango or something like that, ok probably some other name but it has shoyuu on it). It really depends on the flavor, and there are tons of them. They are small and very sticky and chewy.

Tags
fantasy, shounen