AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 26 [Extra 2] Rating
Perfect 10 41 58.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-02, 02:33   Link #61
BarbecueSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Just like ep 5, Ui on the organ, Jun on bass, Azusa as usual (I think the watered down fuwa fuwa sounds awful though )
It's awful because it doesn't have the drums. It lacks the oomph factor.
Old 2010-10-02, 02:34   Link #62
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Means they are going to have to rent a Ritsu.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:19   Link #63
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbecueSauce View Post
It's awful because it doesn't have the drums. It lacks the oomph factor.
Yeah, no drums.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:41   Link #64
kitten320

Lol loved how Sawako was cheering for Mugi during the whole rock-scisor-paper thingy
Old 2010-10-02, 08:10   Link #65
zette

It's easy to see why Sawako is feeling so melancholic as she flips through the yearbook and remembers the times she's had with the four girls. The four girls are probably the best group of students she's ever had the opportunity to teach, and their bond transcends that of your average teacher and student. They may have been a troublesome bunch, but Sawako obviously enjoyed every moment with them. Like she said, it's gonna get a lot quieter for her, and for us the fans as well.

This episode was hilarious as hell though. Various scenes stand out such as the girls making Azusa believe that Sawako was dead, and them being creeped out by the hand on Yui's shoulder in the class photo.

So, Ui and Jun are joining the light music club, huh? It's been speculated as a possibility for the longest of times, but it's nice to see it finally confirmed. I don't know if we'll ever get to see that version of the light music club animated, and I'm not sure if I want to, but it's reassuring at least to know that canonically, the light music club lives on and Azusa won't be alone.
Old 2010-10-02, 10:03   Link #66
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
Ahhh
(after watched this episode i felt like saying this)
The Fuwafuwa played at this version was so cool. although with the rhythm only.
I agree!! I loved Fuwa Fuwa time, and I have thought it was the best song of the K-on songs.
But, I couldnt understand the reason why I thought so.

I understood the Part of the reason when I watched ep26
Old 2010-10-02, 10:41   Link #67
Goggen

This episode is kind of all over the place in regards to when it is set in the storyline. The opening scene is clearly set just after Azusa joined the club (which I suppose would place it as an "unseen" scene from ep 9 of the first season) and the whole thing where they visit Sawako is obviously from last winter, placing it between eps 21 and 22. But that then implies that they've known about Jun and Ui's joining the club since then, and I'm not sure how well that fits with what we've seen before. Certainly, no one ever acted like they were aware of that.

What I am trying to figure out is when the scene at the beginning (when Azusa is looking at the old photo) happened. I suppose it could be any time during season 2 (since Ton-chan is present), but the scene seems to emphasize the fact that Azusa is alone, so my first guess was it takes place after the finale (ep 24) - but again, how does that fit if Jun and Ui already joined the club months earlier?

Then there's the final scene with the "jumping" photo, which really could be from any time after Azusa joined. Don't think there was anything there to pin it down.

Damn, I'm a nerd.

...anyway, I have mixed feelings about the use of Fuwa Fuwa Time in this episode. It was certainly a beautiful scene, but I hope the new keionbu don't make a habit of performing HTT's songs. Because Azusa, Jun and Ui are not HTT and it would really leave a sour taste in my mouth if that would be what was implied.

Overall enjoyable episode, though. A little disappointed that they left out Sawako's, uhh, unique doorbell as portrayed in the manga but hey - Death Devil girls appeared (guess they still keep in touch after all, although - didn't they use to be four members rather than the five seen in this ep?) and Ritsu's putting her hand on Yui's shoulder way back in episode 3 comes back to bite her in the ass (didn't see that coming, but I'm a sucker for little continuity stuff like that!).

So yeah, it's a win. Now - so long, K-On... see you at the movies.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:39   Link #68
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Mugivision™ : Gain control of your bandmates as long as they are in range. Increase Perception and Perverseness by a factor of 10.

I must say, the scriptwriter is certainly more daring in the bonus eps - we finally get to see a little of Mugi's dirty mind.

The ending was a teaser : I bet the fans are waiting to see Mio's skirt fly up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:59   Link #69
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Not literally. It's the last tv episode. There will still be an additional DVD/BD only episode, due for release on march 2011. Also see this thread.
Has anyone noticed that March was mentioned also in this episode? Mio towards the end said that they will start classes at the university in March.

Coincidence? It looks like a big possibility that the episode may center around HTT in college.

As for the movie, I hope we get a release date for that. I'm anticipating maybe a movie about K-ON of what happened between Season 1 and 2 since the gap between the two is about a year or so. That or we get to see the new Keionbu of Azusa, Ui and Jun (seeing that Ep 26 pretty much confirmed them being in it); along with the older K-ON members making appearances.

There's a lot of possibilities though, those are the two that come to mind right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lol loved how Sawako was cheering for Mugi during the whole rock-scisor-paper thingy
Seems Sawako is very enamored about Mugi as well as Mugi is about her? :P

Mugi must really like Sawako a lot... who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
It's easy to see why Sawako is feeling so melancholic as she flips through the yearbook and remembers the times she's had with the four girls. The four girls are probably the best group of students she's ever had the opportunity to teach, and their bond transcends that of your average teacher and student. They may have been a troublesome bunch, but Sawako obviously enjoyed every moment with them. Like she said, it's gonna get a lot quieter for her, and for us the fans as well.

This episode was hilarious as hell though. Various scenes stand out such as the girls making Azusa believe that Sawako was dead, and them being creeped out by the hand on Yui's shoulder in the class photo.

So, Ui and Jun are joining the light music club, huh? It's been speculated as a possibility for the longest of times, but it's nice to see it finally confirmed. I don't know if we'll ever get to see that version of the light music club animated, and I'm not sure if I want to, but it's reassuring at least to know that canonically, the light music club lives on and Azusa won't be alone.
Overall, definitely a very good episode-- 10/10. I especially like towards the end the rendition of Fuwa Fuwa with Asuza, Jun and Ui. Yeah, it doesn't sound the same without a drummer, but as its own, it's pretty good. I wish we could see a new K-ON with those three (plus an extra). Maybe Ep 25 hinted at one of them?

I'm going to miss K-ON, one of the very very few animes I looked forward to watching on Tuesdays.

To K-ON, thank you for a wonderful two seasons.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, / I took the one less traveled by.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:59   Link #70
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Wow, that was a pretty great episode. I don't have much to say besides that.

The hand in the picture thing was pretty funny too. Yay, continuity!

Edit:
By the way, lols at Yui winning the rock paper scissors match. It'll be fine though as we learned earlier that Ritsu can cook :P
Old 2010-10-02, 14:17   Link #71
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
I'm anticipating maybe a movie about K-ON of what happened between Season 1 and 2 since the gap between the two is about a year or so.
Nah, the gap between seasons 1 and 2 was a mere three months.
Old 2010-10-02, 20:13   Link #72
Qikz

I'm really, really, really hoping the movie goes and does very well in the Japanese box office and they decide to make some more manga and another anime series focusing on Azusa getting into the same college as them, and then their college lives.

What a great episode, but it's also the worst of them all as it's the final episode! Oh dear, hold me somebody.

My weeks will be a little bit bleaker, although, thanks to the game, songs and merchandise K-ON will never be that far from me. What a fantastic series. <3
Old 2010-10-02, 22:11   Link #73
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

It had to be done.
Old 2010-10-02, 23:19   Link #74
-Rhythm
けいおん!

Scissors of Victory!
Old 2010-10-02, 23:33   Link #75
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

..I have a lot of free time..so...
Old 2010-10-03, 01:09   Link #76
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
There's a "Yui Imagination" scene where I literally burst out laughing.

Yui flew out of nowhere, landed on a cushion and handed over their yearbook to Sawako.

Nobody else found that at least a little funny...? In a random sort of way?

I guess I was a bit drunk at the time...

Hahaa, I laughed at that moment too. She was in sitting position in mid-air already and just plopped on the pillow xD
Old 2010-10-03, 03:49   Link #77
Ezilled

Wow, I was procrastinating to make my last ultimatum review, but boy.. I finished writing it in just a few minutes.

Oh god, the alternate closure was beyond words, they were like running towards the unknown future dyed in an orange twilight. In a blink of an eye, it was over, and it made me scream deep inside, "Please don't go! Don't leave me alone! No! I will become a hollow, half-broken doll again!" And there it was, a movie announcement that shocked the universe, and made the massive suicide in Japan stoptemporarily.

On the other hand, I thought the staffs were just trolling or they had nothing better to do after they inserted those Blu-Ray covers in Sawako's episode. It's awesome and all, but damn, when Sawa reminisced a part of her memories, I was moved because she hasn't recovered from the graduation or perhaps she will miss the days she spent with the second light-music club members as a gentle instructor and as well as a teacher. Also I still can't believe Yui is stepping slowly towards adulthood. She may still be a klutz, but looking at her doing her best to cook some rice porridge and having a sense of respect to the new, third batch of LMC members with their secret performance for the first years make her an impressive individual in my personal view. The mysterious hand scene got me caught off guard though, and of course, even if I knew what would happen, it was still unexpectedly hilarious.

I love you, guys. Thank you for supporting K-ON 'til forever. Thank you too, KyoAni. I will miss this show so much for now that it will take months for me to recover. It will definitely live forever in my heart. Now time to hang out in the movie thread and wait for the OVA/Movie next year..
Old 2010-10-03, 05:23   Link #78
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post

..I have a lot of free time..so...
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't quite understand the whole eye thing. But Mugi pulling out the baby was so damn funny.
Old 2010-10-03, 06:25   Link #79
Saphira Veera
*Author

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Oh hell yes, there's episode 27!! YEAH!
I really, really, really, REALLY hope the extra episode's when
Code:
Ritsu acted that she got a boyfriend as said on the manga...
>.< Gosh, I REALLY DO HOPE SOOOO!!!!
Old 2010-10-03, 06:44   Link #80
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
I really, really, really, REALLY hope the extra episode's when
Spoiler:
>.< Gosh, I REALLY DO HOPE SOOOO!!!!
spoiler tag that!!! D:
and i hope they do that too
Closed Thread